• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Dickens/Austen Style RP?

Talitha

A professional procrastinator

tumblr_m8znghHJcV1qjuryuo1_r1_1280.jpg

I'm looking for a partner who appreciates good literature (not biased at all, ahem).

I'm completely infatuated with the idea of the 18th century, and the sophistication of the time. I'd love to try and roleplay something along the lines of Great Expectations. Of course, we wouldn't just copy the plot and would use our own characters.

My main idea so far consists of a boy and a girl who both beginning different classes. One would be upper class and the other lower. The two are both attached to each other but know that it would never work because reputation, economy and family honour are always at stake in times like these. However, when the two meet again it becomes harder to keep away from each other and it seems that fate just wants them to be together. Of course, the RP wouldn't only consist of Romance, because I LOVE drama. I was thinking that perhaps both of us could have a major character and a few minor ones that would stir things up. For example, what happens to Pips sister (an attempted murder or murder mystery). Either way, I'm pretty sure we could discuss this further.

If you were uncomfortable playing a male gender, I would happily play that role. Or we could both use male and female main OC's - and have one each.

My other main idea: was that our characters would be stuck in time, quite like 'lost in Austen' if anyone has seen it. One morning they wake way back in time, or even a novel of Dickens or Austen and must try to fit in as much as possible. Or even try to escape.

I hope I have intrigued someone.

I have also put a request on the interest check for a group style of this, since I feel it would be interesting to try both group and partners with this roleplay to see how they differ.

So if anyone would prefer that, feel free to check it out.

Much appreciated and thank you for your time, K.​

I'm a big fan of Austan, and am very familiar with her work. While I can't say the same for Dickens, I'd really enjoy being your partner for this! I'd be fine playing male, female, whichever you don't feel like playing, and I'm good with coming up with side characters as well.

I live for regency and I am so happy to see someone actually bring it as a plot! (though I've just began to read Austen myself; I'm familiar with regency and just starting Austen) If you're interested I can pm you, or vice versa.

I'd be more than happy to PM either of you, or have you PM me, if you are still interested.

Also

@Iron Willed Alice me too! I absolutely adore everything associated with this time period. I'm glad to have found someone else who is as interested as myself. What Austen book/s have you just began reading?

@jadafun you haven't read Dickens? I would thoroughly recommend giving it a try. Great Expectations is my ultimate favourite, though his others are equally as good. What's your favourite Austen book?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Iron Willed Alice[/URL] me too! I absolutely adore everything associated with this time period. I'm glad to have found someone else who is as interested as myself. What Austen book/s have you just began reading?

@jadafun you haven't read Dickens? I would thoroughly recommend giving it a try. Great Expectations is my ultimate favourite, though his others are equally as good. What's your favourite Austen book?
Pride and Prejudice is my favorite, but Emma is a close second, definitely.

Mine too! I love Emma, in ways she reminds me a bit of myself. Anyway, do you mind PMing me, it seems to not be allowing me. @jadafun

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back