Idea diabolic garden

Yunn

DIABOLIC GARDEN
tumblr_o2c6bhZl2N1v48p9yo1_500.jpg
the garden of sinners
in this universe everyone is a flower. god sowed and gave birth to the inhabitants of this planet, viridarium. similar to earth, the vegetation and animals are the same if not close. however, humans have been replaced with fleurs, humanoid flowers. in this world, the type of fleur you are born as is seen as the purpose given to you by god. social status, occupation, even nature is decided from birth.

of course there are exceptions. some try to escape or change the destiny set by god. but that is considered heresy. and those who go against it will be deemed "wilted" and are stripped off natural powers all fleurs have, such as to accelerate plant growth. most people would be burned the moment others find out about it hundreds of years ago. now there is a new belief spreading, the possibility of the wilted being rehabilitated and bloom anew.

upon the masses taking this in the society of fleurs have set aside an area of 10,000 miles squared to build up a small town to resuscitate the wilted. though since the start of this program there has been no record of someone ever blooming again.
probably one of my korean roleplays - definitely realistic with a hint of fantasy - gonna add more stuff later.
to do list : viridarium - fleurs - the wilted - diabolic garden - beyond the briar

I like a lot of what you have here—plant based humanoids, a social caste hierarchy, heresy & blasphemy enforcement, ect—but I suspect you'll take this in a different direction than I would. I would shape this into a fantasy political thriller where the players would have the opportunity to upend (or hold together) the rigid (tyrannical?) rule of law of the floral powers.

It's an interesting setting all the same.

I like a lot of what you have here—plant based humanoids, a social caste hierarchy, heresy & blasphemy enforcement, ect—but I suspect you'll take this in a different direction than I would. I would shape this into a fantasy political thriller where the players would have the opportunity to upend (or hold together) the rigid (tyrannical?) rule of law of the floral powers.

It's an interesting setting all the same.

Thanks~ This idea has been on my mind for a few days, and after contemplating a bit I finally decided to actually go with it and start building it up to be an actual rp than leaving to be an inkling of a thought since I barely have time to roleplay let alone gm one. I feel better now that I actually typed some of it out and will just continue to work on to this from time to time~ Not jumping a gun to start this for once. And you're probably right, I'll probably take this a different direction than you think since we're two different minds.

I plan on this rp to be broad and flexible. I'm a sucker for character driven plots, but I want to try to find a good balance between those and the story plots/adventures since I'm afraid I've gone and become invested in world building and the like. That goes to say with the society the fleurs are a part of will definitely be an influence to some of these, if not be an underlying conflict in most of them. I wouldn't just put it in there if it were to be unused, I'm gonna use it to the point it can be no more. Though whether or not the characters would take the action to down right over throw or gradually change the society I would leave it to the flow. I'm also working on some ideas to expand the world as the rp progresses in order for players to be able to explore and discover new problems or ideals, solutions for their current disputes, and answers to pending questions the fleurs have which may contradict with their prior beliefs, such as their origin, the wilted, and more.

VIRIDARIUM
01efaca63c63c99720de501b36fe47a1.jpg
the world. it has become a known fact from records of the past to now viridarium has always maintained a constant temperature along with it's weather. the world is left in an eternal spring and goes by a 12 hour day and night cycle.

aside from towns built upon rivers and lakes most of the land is still in it's primitive state untouched with massive amounts of vegetation. the true size of the land is unknown but as of now fleurs have inhabited 70,000 km² and explored another 20,000 km².
THE DEAD END
a large rock wall which is suspected to cover the whole world and prevents fleurs from traveling further west.
DEAD ZONE
just kilometers away from the dead end there is a place which does not conform to viridariums spring. instead the area consists of high temperatures with no found water source near. the area consists of arid soil with no signs of life. even the toughest fluers wouldn't be able to last long. in recent years the dead zone is used as a way to punish criminals.
NO MAN'S LAND
the uncivilized area where the fleur's have not yet touched.

FLEURS
girls-grunge-random-aesthetic-Favim.com-4177486.jpeg
other than plants and animals fleurs are the only race known to have evolved into highly intelligent beings mentally capable to be able to reason and think. it was only a matter of time did they finally make civilizations of their own in viridarium.

since the beginning fleurs were split into various groups. tulips, roses, peonies, the list can go on. and from birth depending on what group they fall in would decide their role in society. though all fleurs have powers of vegetation growth some have additional powers or skills to help fulfill the role they are given. roses are normally seen as the top, taking leadership positions. carnations are the life of the party and are filled with artists. orchids are great motivational speakers. violets, one of the rare flowers who have some powers in healing.

that said, fleurs have become quite dependent on said powers and maintained the same societal ideals there has been not been much advancements in technology, science, or the society.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back