• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dharma

Venom Adhamm

No one is ever going to want me
"Better is one's own duty though performed faultily than another's duty well-performed. Performing the duty prescribed by one's own nature, one incurreth no sin. One must not abandon, O son of Kunti, one's natural duty though tainted with evil, for all actions are enveloped by evil like fire by smoke. "
-Krishna, the Bhagavad Gita

The chanting of mantras by the Elders of Tajpur, your village, had never ceased since three days ago. Three days ago. That's when the Sacred Idol was stolen. Though knowledge of the god it represented had faded long, long ago, Tajpur still treated it as its most important and divine possession. No one saw how it happened or who did it. But the fact is that it's gone, and the whole village mourns its loss, as the Elders chant, and as your father ponders. For three days, your father remained still upon a carpet, his eyes shut in meditation. For three days, he did not speak, eat, or drink. There were many times he did this before. His power is that of clairvoyance, and he undertakes such uninterrupted meditations in order to focus his power.

The chanting continued as the sun rose. You'd just returned from an early hunt, carrying with you several fish to add to the surplus stock. The voice of the Elders had become whitenoise to all by now, which made its abrupt end all the more jarring. For, the moment you stepped foot in Tajpur, the chanting was stopped by the booming voice of your father.

"BOY! COME HERE, BOY! COME HERE, MY SON!"

Silence fell upon the village once more. The voice of your father had come from the your hut, known by most as "The Chief's Hut." You hurried forth, and found your father standing tall upon his meditation carpet. His face and expression are rough and grim, even more so than usual. Even through his long, heavy beard, you can make out his frown.
"Shut the door behind you," he ordered as you entered. A heavy sigh left his lips as the door closed and he begun to speak in his thunderous voice, though quieter than when he had first called to you.
"Son, the answer has been made known to me. The Sacred Idol is still moving and changing hands, but it has left a strand to take hold of in the Land of Kings. My clairvoyance has told me that you are the one who must grasp it."

Your father grunts and turns away from you.
"I wish I could go instead. But, it is not my duty. The gods have seen fit to place it in your hands... but you are not ready. The whole village knows of your powers, but I ask you... do you think it's enough? You know nothing of the cruel world that lies beyond our village boundaries. Do you think you could survive it?"

Error 420 Error 420

"Yes, Father. It is no problem for me." Ganesh's face is one of assured confidence and cockiness, his most common expression. His eyes are alight, both figuratively, with the glint of adventure, and literally, with a color of slowly burning embers, reflecting lightly on his brown cheeks. "It will not be simple traveling to the Land of Kings though. I require a party to go with me. Allow me five men to go along and I will leave before the sun goes down." He smiles smugly, ready to appease his father.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back