• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dewarwr Academy

Ness Infinity Gigas

Ness Infinity Gigas submitted a new role play:

Dewarwr Academy - A dragon isn't a friend. To a rider, it's family.

Dewarwr Academy, a place where young teenagers will learn the foundations of Dragons and Magic. At this school, you will receive a dragon as a partner, and both will attend to classes. Remember to do your best! Experience school-life, along with a dragon! Because life's better with a dragon!

(This role play is a first timer for me. However, I will try my best, and I hope you will too. Together, we can weave into the world of magic and adventure!)
Read more about this role play...

Last edited by a moderator:
(Let's start it off!)

We think we've seen all of this world, but truth is, we haven't. When we find out one thing, another wonder pops out of the blue. Our world, however, is smaller than we'd expect. It is as vast and as endless as your imagination. One thing we never imagined to come across, however, was the dragons.

I fingered the straps on my backpack nervously as I stared at the clock. My palms were sweaty from the worries that plagued my mind. I had to re-adjust my grip multiple times on my luggage, for the handle always felt like it was slipping out of my hand.

I was sitting down on a chair in a cyan-old-blue-wallpapered waiting room with other possible students and possible friends older than me. I'm not a interior genius, but the room had a rather dull interior: beige, plastic chairs, some with desks for possible students to sit on while they wait for their results, two potted plants a coffee table scattered with boring magazines about global warming; or something of that category, a sound-proof window that showed the other side of another room; and inside had this really old woman looking over our tests, and a window that was covered by curtains. Believe me, I pulled those open, but the outside was a bit bland. Just the campus garden, a tree, and a wide area of grass. Not that entertaining, to be a tad honest. The other possible students obviously took the test as well, and I wondered if they were as nervous as I was. I wanted to get in this school, no, I absolutely needed to get in this academy!

I was 14 years old, turning 15 next month. Though, despite my age, I'd say i'm a bit tall, striking at a 5'5 height. I pretty skinny, and my lack of muscles is a bit surprising in my own opinion. I wore a plain white t-shirt, apart from the red sleeves, and red shirt pocket. I wore red shorts, with a nice design of orange flames that were barely below my knee, and I had white socks on, along with black sneakers. Point is, I feel as if I shouldn't have dressed casually for this type of thing. I remembered the look on the old lady's face when I took the test, and urgently pushed away the thought.

I'm getting in this school..! I thought to myself.

I went over the questions that were on the test in my head, and I prayed to my mother and father I passed. As a young child, I loved fantasies about dragons, and usually spent my time day dreaming I was some awesome hero, or a brave rider, saving the civilization and cities with my dragon's awesome fire breath, and a mighty sword. If I could pass this test, I'd be one step closer to achieving my dream. Everybody seemed to be encased in their own thoughts, but it was getting kind of lonely in this room, so I decided to break the icy silence. I looked up, at the center of attention of all the possible students, and started off with a awkward chuckle.

"U...Um...Sooooo...You guys other possible students here as well..?" I said in a shy voice.

What in the ever living hell was that!? I asked myself in my thoughts.

"I mean, of course, we're all possible students! W...What I meant was, um...Whats your favorite books?" I could've sworn I heard my voice crack.

Gaaah! I screamed at myself in my mind. So much for making a good impression on these people. Looks like I'm gonna be a loner from the get go. I thought.

My cheeks were red with embarrassment as I quickly looked back down at my lap.

Sasha couldn't help but let out a laugh at the boy as he tries to strike up some conversation, though she didn't mean to sound offensive, so she quickly covers her mouth. Truth is, she felt as nervous as he acted, so she felt a little more comfortable knowing someone else was at least suffering the way she was. She looks around for a moment while the others look at her due to her outburst of laughter, but as they look away, she leans in closer to the boy "Children of the Sky. What about you?" She figured she could indulge her weakness for speech, she thought it wouldn't her into any sort of trouble. Sasha fixed her plain brown and grey shirt as she leans back, listening out for the boys response.

Leo crossed his arms. "Favorite book, huh? I have none." he said. Leo tugged the collar of his polo upward, giving him a bad boy image.

"
Name's Leo. Yours?" he asked the nervous guy. He couldn't blame him. We're talkin' 'bout dragons here!

The creatures that look like dinosaurs with wings! Okay, they're not
exactly dinosaurs with wings but that's not the point.

The point is... Great, he forgot what he was about to say.

Soran rubbed her arms and watched the other possible students interact. She had no idea whether she had passed; she felt like she barely knew anything compared to the other kids. "I like The Scorpio Races," she said quietly, knowing it wasn't about dragons, but it did involve mythology. And horses, some familiar ground for her.

"My name is Soran, by the way," she added, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear. Soran was not typically an insecure person, but her lack of knowledge about dragon mythology had shaken her confidence a bit. She fought to muster it back as she tried to make conversation with the others. "What do you guys think the school is like? And the teachers? I've only ever been homeschooled by my parents. Will there be a lot of other students?" That is, if she gets in. Soran chewed her lip anxiously.

I woke up from my sleep with a snort, sneezing fire into the hay that surrounded my "stable". (I asked them not to call these pens stables but noooooooo.) One of the caretakers spoke up. "Master! Aspherous set his stable on fire again!" he yelled in a tattletale sort of tone. "Oh give it a-ah-ahchoo! Rest!" I said through another sneeze. "And what is in this hay? S'giving me allergies."

"Aspherous." the head caretaker said to me in his calm, gentle voice. "You can get out of there when you are chosen by a rider and you know that. If anyone wants to choose you anyways."

"Yeah, I know." I said, lying back down in the hay. "No one wants a sneezing dragon I've heard it all before!" I snarled.

"Settle down, settle down. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want you."

"Thanks." I said with a smile. "You think I could...stretch my wings a little?"

"Only if you promise not to tell the headmaster I let you out."

"Swear it on my little claw!" I said, holding it up.

"Very well." he replied as he tugged open the stall door.

With a burst of air I shot out like a rocket and took to the skies. I saw a bunch of humans beginning to walk into the large building that spread across the countryside under me. Time to take a little detour.

Leo grinned at Soran. "Nice name. I think the school will be cool. So many dragons. The teachers might be strict since ya know... dragons." he told her. He's addicted to dragons, don't ask.

Soran smiled, feeling her confidence come rushing back. "Thanks, I like yours too. I hope they're not too strict, but it see why there would be a necessity with the dragons involved," she said, laughing a bit to herself. "I hope we get to choose our own dragons," Soran mused, thinking about what hers would be. If she got in, that is. She really wanted to get in, if just to see the dragons.

"Well if we do get to choose our dragons, I call dibs on the red one. Fire!" said Leo.

If he didn't get it, he was sure he would start dreaming about dragons, rather than just imagining it

"Hey, I wanted to get fire!" I quickly said without thinking. I took a look at Leo. I never knew what he's done during his life, and here I am, shouting at him as if I was the boss of him. His bad-guy look didn't help. "I...I mean...I like fire..." I stammered. "U...Uuuum...I'm Hikan. It's nice to meet you, Leo, Soran..." I managed to say. It surprised me how shy I was when I talked. Then again, I never really got to interact with people. I was a social mess.

I better enjoy it while they're still talking to me. I thought to myself, sighing.

"I liked the Draconian Chronicles series." I said.

Agh. It's about time you grew a pair, man! I thought to myself in my own concealed thoughts.

"I...I'd assume the teachers would let us choose" I mean, I hope so." I said. "And you do make a fine point," I started. "Without discipline, riders would be all over the place, and this area would be scorched!"

After my exclamation, I quickly stared back at my lap, still shy.

"When we get our dragons..." I started to say. "I'm naming mine Drago." I said, as if I claimed the name for myself only to use. "Or at least, give him/her the nickname Drago." I added. I was afraid of the reaction I'd get from them. Flashbacks of other's opinions of the name 'Drago,' flashed by my head.

Drago? That's stupid!

Why don't you try actually using your brain and think creatively?

His brain's only developed to the point where he can only come up with lame names.

Seriously! He should've learnt from his mummy and daddy the basics of creativity.

Didn't you hear? Hikan's parents were dead the moment he was born.

Well, no surprise there. Any parent would flip and die if they saw THIS freak of nature.

Somebody! Poke it with a stick!

I wiped off a tear forming from the edge of my eye. I took a deep breath and calmed myself down.

The door to the waiting room banged open and Tullulah sauntered in. With no regards for the disruption she caused, she settled herself into the nearest seat and kicked her feet up onto the table. Her leather boots were worn down, something was quite proud of. But it was the rest of her outfit that screamed to look at her. She wore a pair of tight black shorts that could possibly be mistaken for under garments and a figure fitting black crop top. A very unconventional outfit for Dragon Riders. 
Hyorinmaru grated his icy scales at the sudden spike in temperature. He hated the heat. Honestly he could do without it and being put in a pen next to a fire dragon was the dumbest thing the caretakers could've done. When the exuberant hatchling took off, Hyorinmaru raised his head in question. Could he go too? One look from the Head Caretaker said that he could.

With the pen unlatched, he spread out his icy wings and took off in the opposite direction of Aspherous.

Some fresh air would do him good.

Sakura couldn't help but hear the words that were being exchanged from teen to teen in the small room. She smiled at their enthusiasm. "Have you guys ever ridden a dragon?" She asked, hoping that it wasn't disrupting their conversation. In her own opinion, Sakura thought she did a great job on the test. She had a dragon of her own, how could she not? "I'm Sakura by the way." she said to the teens with a smile. All of a sudden, a girl entered the room, and the air got seemingly more tense. She looked cold and uninterested. Looking at the girl's outfit, she noticed it was quite revealing, with almost all of her skin showing. Sakura peered at her own outfit consisting of a comfortable black top that resembled a bikini top that had leather bindings that wrapped around her torso. She wore black shorts along with maroon socks and purple sandals, something classic for a ninja like herself. She also wore a long scarf which she made herself that was a silvery purplish color much like her hair, and had bandages wrapped around her forearms with matching black and maroon armor sitting on top of the bandages. She automatically began feeling insecure and embarrassed about her lacking feminine items on her chest, and quickly looked down at her lap. I'm supposed to be a girl she said in her head. So tired of hating her self for that, she huffed air, putting it out of her mind. 
Igneel lay outside, patiently waiting for Sakura to get her test results back. Taking in the beautiful day around him, he spread his wings so they could absorb the gorgeous sun rays also. Comfortably coiling his tail in to his chest, he lowered his head in a resting position on the ground and decided to take a short nap. Very slowly, then all at once, Igneel fell in to a light nap on the comfortable grass of the valley where the academy stood.

I looked up at the black haired girl.

Avert your eyes, Hikan, avert you eyes-Damnit! I cut myself off in my mind. I slapped myself directly, when I realized I was looking at what I seemed to be her undergarments. I forced myself to look at what seemed to be a ninja. Little did I know, my eyes looked at her chest.

Gah! It's like the world wants me to see! Avert your eyes!!! I thought to myself. I averted my glare down at my lap, and forced my head to stay looking at my lap using my hands.

"So...U-Um...Who're you guys..? I'm Hikan..." I said.

I tucked my wings down and divebombed down towards the building. At the right moment I unfurled them and let the wind become my parachute, gliding down to the farther side of the building. I landed on the ground with a thump and sent dirt swirling around me in a swirling sphere. I could hear twenty pairs of feet pushing their chairs back to swarm around the windows. I shook the dirt that was collecting on my scales and took a look at the window. All eyes were on me. They must've never seen a dragon before. Pfff, and they call themselves riders. I spat out three balls of fire and juggled them with my tail. Applause erupted from the room. I've hooked them in.

OOC- This is your classroom guys!

I wasn't applauding. I was staring in pure awe.

Now that's a dragon I would want to be the rider of! It probably has a rider already... I thought to myself.

"Woah..." I muttered softly.

I had them. Great! Now I will get a rider for sure! Now all I have to do is wait for Choosing Day and I am in! I lifted my wings and launched off the ground, watching as the students' eyes followed me upward. Firing one more ball of fire into the air I flapped off to the stables. I snuck in quietly and shut the door to my stable before anyone walked down the hallway. Giving a quiet snicker to myself I went back to sleep and had happy dreams.

What if that dragon didn't have a rider? Oh man, that'd dragon would be perfect! I thought to myself. I immersed myself in a fantasy where I was a hero alongside that dragon, it's fire-y breath igniting baddies, and me holding my magic weapon aloft. It was beautiful.

I sat back down, and started to space out.

Me and that dragon...Oh boy that'd be awesome! I concluded in my thoughts.

Sakura couldn't help laughing at the gaping teens. "You guys really haven't seen a dragon before? You better get ready because when you're riding it and it does that, it's like all that's running through your veins is adrenaline." She kicked her feet on to the table still laughing at the teens.

Tallulah watched with mild interest. It was a spectacular showing that was for sure but she really didn't like fire much. Personally she preferred colder things like.... ice. When the dragon flew away and everyone stopped clapping, she introduced herself to the stuttering boy.

"My name is Tallulah O'Brian. You may call me Tully. Everyone does back where I come from."

I gave a heavy sigh in my sleep, sparking the hay that was in front of my nose. "Aw come on, Aspherous!" one of the caretakers exclaimed before stomping off to gather a bucket of water. Allergies, am I right?

"A-Ah!" I exclaimed, my fantasies disappearing before my very eyes.

"Oh...It's nice to meet you, Tully...U-Usually...People hit me when I use people's sobriquets..." I sighed.

Leo raised an eyebrow at the girl that just entered. "I've seen worse..." he muttered.

He wasn't a pervert, he just... saw the girls at the beach. He shuddered. "
Ah hell, I'm scarred for life..."

Leo watched with amusement as Hikan talked with Tully.

(Lol, just woke up :3)

When Hyorinmaru returned, the fool had set his stable on fire again.

"Perhaps you should try swapping out your hay for rocks." He suggested to his companion, before settling into a coiled form perched upon his own rocky structure. The room was cooler now, but he knew it would warm again with Aspherous' incessant sneezing.

(Good Mornin! :3)

I stuffed my hands in my pockets. "S-So...Uh...Yeah...I-I'm Hikan! N-Nice to meet you..." I said. Yep. Not a doubt about it, I was a social wreck. I stared at my desk, trying to recall the awesome fantasy.

Sakura sighed at the lack of acknowledgement she was getting from everyone here. Well you can't get noticed by everyone she though. Especially with that chest of yours she added. "Whatever, you've never been noticed anyways..." She said to herself, closing her eyes and resting her head on the back of the couch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back