Devastating Destruction

Ariah caught the apple simply and couldn't help but smile at it. Immediately, she took a large bite that pleased her stomach. Looking back up at Oz, she swallowed and the smile stayed. "I don't have a preference. Anything eatable will do." Continuing to eat her delicious fruit, her eyes gleamed slightly. I think I'll like it here very much. She thought going over her first day that hadn't even ended yet. There were, so far, no downfalls to her staying here; everything that she had seen was a perk, including the wound to her shoulder. It proved that she still had a challenge in front of her.

Ushui had by now curled up to sleep and was purring softly on Ariah's shoulder. A twitch of the small cat's paw caused her to remember that she was there. "Oh. Ushui doesn't need anything more then some small pieces of meat if you don't mind packing some for her." The cat opened an eye at the word meat wanting some now that Ariah had mentioned it.

Hazel let out a shaky breath and smiled at Ilyada, at the same time wiping tears off of her face. She gulped and looked up at the armor again, and breathed out again shakily, "Thank you for trying to comfort me... How weak can I b-be? To break down... just at the sight of some armor...." Hazel stood then and carefully took the armor off the stand. "I think I am going to wear it... It should fit perfectly... you know how this kind of armor is..." She didn't say another word, but walked into the room's bathroom and changed. The purple dress, with silver armor plates here and there, looked both royal, and intimidating. As she expected it was a perfect fit, and, with will, the dress could be long or short. It made her feel at home, and a little less upset. Hazel walked out of the restroom with a small smile, the dress long, and she spun around, "What do you think?" Her voice sounded happy, but also a little weary.

(([MENTION=3411]kinadra[/MENTION] [MENTION=3558]Seiko-kun[/MENTION] - BLAH >.<))

"Oh, sure," Oz replied and rummaged through the kitchen, looking for the meet and grabbing a few different food items as he did so for the rest of them. It was then that Wilhelmina reappeared, seeming pleased that Oz was already packing their supplies.

"Looks like everyone is getting ready," she commented. Oz hit his head on a shelf he had been looking under in his hurry to stand and face the matriarch.

"O-ow...," he groaned, flinching as he touched the tender spot on the top of his head. A small bump was already forming. "Um, yeah, we're almost ready. I just need to find some meat for Ushui," he explained and Wilhelmina nodded her understanding.

Wilhelmina watched as Oz flew around the kitchen for another minute before sighing and resigning herself to assisting in the search for meat. She took a more advanced approach at locating their target, though. Lifting one arm so that her palm was outstretched and facing upwards, she murmured a few words under her breath. Her palm glowed a calming blue for a second before vanishing, leaving behind a small bundle. "Here," she said, holding the package out to Ariah. "For your cat," she finished in case it wasn't clear that she was holding a wrapped piece of meat.

Upstairs, Ilayda watched Hazel leave the closet and head towards the bathroom with her new-found armor in hand. She said nothing until the younger Knight came back out and twirled around in front of her. "It suits you. Makes you look more like a leader. Reminds me a bit of Wilhelmina," Ilayda said carefully, keeping a pleasant grin firmly in place. She knew that, by nature, she wasn't good at being delicate with emotions, and so she was trying her hardest to say as little as possible without being rude. The less she said, the smaller the chance that what she did say would be offensive. Or, at least, that's what Lauralelle always told her.

"Sometimes, you just need to shut the hell up. You, Mina, and I all have tough skin, but not everyone is like that. And, seeing as though you're obnoxious by nature, I think you should learn to hold your tongue sometimes. Especially in front of the council. They're all a bunch of softies," Lauralelle said as the two stood outside of the council's meeting room. Ilayda, as per usual, had gone off about how weak the Light side's war efforts were. Needless to say, the council had not been pleased by such a proclamation.

Ilayda shuddered at the memory. Wilhelmina had not been too happy with the Water Nymph after that meeting, and Ilayda couldn't remember going to a meeting since. She snorted and shook her head. Feeling a little more at ease and like herself, Ilayda gave Hazel a sheepish grin. "We should probably meet up with Ellie now. She's probably wondering what's taking us so long," she said and made a move towards the door. "You gonna be okay to go on the mission now?" she asked hesitantly, hoping she wasn't stirring up any bad feelings.

The second that the meat had appeared, Ushui could smell it. She was pawing at Ariah's shoulder as she took the meat, begging desperately. Ariah gave a nod of thanks and placed the rapped meat in her pack. She used the other hand to calm down the cat and another small smile spread over her face. "Not now Ushui." She whispered to the cat before turning her attention back to the other two in the room unsure what to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back