Devastating Destruction

(([MENTION=3530]ShizukaAyame[/MENTION], T.T I don't know. They all ran away pretty much. Makes me sad.))

"I'm Hazel. Hazel Pael," Hazel said, wincing, knowing this girl would probably react like everyone else. Quickly she continued, "We are planning on confronting Victoria Maryland, she has killed 3 important people on the light side... Besides that... even I am a little lost." Hazel rubbed at her neck, the wound now gone thanks to some subtle healing magics. Hazel furrowed her brow, then spoke, "You know, I have never thought of it much, but that duel... It didn't make me tired. I am not even slightly out of breath."

((Hey guys, I'm going to be losing internet soon. Probably in the next day or so. I'm going to have to drop out at least until I get net access again, though I really hadn't had much activity in this. Sorry. =/))

(Well, we'll probably just be getting a new provider, so it won't be for long! ^^)

Ariah nodded at Wilhemina’s instructions and shifted Ushui so she could walk with him balanced. She looked to Oswald and gave a slight smile at his comment. She looked up at Wilhelmina “Do you mind me asking who we’re going to get?” She didn’t want to impose or ask anything personal but she couldn’t help but ask.

I'm back! Sorry for the wait!))

(([MENTION=3558]Seiko-kun[/MENTION] - *rolls* I'm so excited for this new plot event. >=D ))

As the group ascended the stairs and headed towards the grand staircase, Wilhelmina began filling her new recruit in, if not a bit reluctantly. It was a story she was keen to forget, yet one she could never put out of mind. "We're going to find my brother," she murmured just loudly enough for her party to hear. "He was captured a long time ago by the Dark army during a battle," Wilhelmina elaborated, finishing with a snort. "Back when the Light army was brave enough to retaliate," she added under her breath. In a louder voice, she continued explaining the finer details of their mission's back story. "I had tried to find him a few times before, but I could never make it far enough into the Dark capital by myself, and I didn't want to put the few clan mates I had left at risk. However, our situation has changed now, and I...we need him back in order to fight at our fullest. Our forces are stretched thin as it is," she said, her tone forlorn and sullen.

"It'll be nice to see Ed again," Oswald hummed, trying to keep the positives in mind so he wouldn't think about the dangers involved with their rescue mission. Wilhelmina gave a "hmph" in response, her pace quickening as she strode through the Fairy Knight's mansion and towards the grand staircase. She started up the stairs, headed for the third floor, and called to Oz over her shoulder.

"I need to get some things from my room, and then I must inform the rest of the Knights of our departure and plans. Take Ariah to an empty room where she can set up and pack any necessities you think you might need. We should only be gone for a day or two, but I want everyone to prepare for the worst," Wilhelmina ordered, rushing up the stairs.

"Wait! What counts as a necessity? And, how am I supposed to pack for a girl? I don't know what she'd need! MINA!!" Oz called after the matriarch, but she was already up the stairs and out of earshot. With a shaky sigh, Oz turned towards Ariah with a frantic look. "Um...Follow me, I guess," he mumbled and continued up the steps to the second floor.

(([MENTION=3411]kinadra[/MENTION] - Sorry for the wait; your fellow Fairy Knights have returned. ;]))

"Pael, huh? Weird last name," Ilayda commented, folding her arms behind her head. Lauralelle snorted and shook her head at the younger Knight, an amused smile tilting her lips upward. "It sounds a little familiar...," she added, looking up at the sky as she wondered where she had heard the name before. She was snapped from her brief musing, though, as Hazel filled her in on their mission. "Maryland? As in the Vampire assassin from the Dark army? Awesome," Ilayda said, a grin spread across her face. "I haven't had a good fight in months," she continued, a new skip in her step.

Lauralelle continued explaining where Hazel left off. "The trip shouldn't be too long, probably only a day or two, though it could be longer if the situation gets messy. You should prepare for a couple days of hunting," Lauralelle informed her companions as they ascended the stairs and headed for the third floor. "You should bring enough water for two swords," Lauralelle added after considering Ilayda's final question. The Water Nymph would probably only need the one sword, but it was always better to be safe than sorry when dealing with life-threatening missions.

((Lauralelle, Ilayda, and Hazel are climbing the stairs after Mina, Oz, and Ariah, by the by. Those three should already be up the stairs at this point.))

Ariah had followed up the stairs behind Wilhelmina and Oswald listening intently to her explanation. She was intrigued and wanted to know more but when Wilhelmina addressed Oswald with his orders she assumed that, that was that and it would be rude to ask any more. She wondered a few things though. Why had Wilhelmina not seemed pleased when Oswald said what he had? A question for another time... She thought.

She was smiling at Oswald's reaction to the instructions he had been given. She covered her mouth to prevent herself from laughing at him. Quickly dropping her hand, she looked at him but she couldn't hide the smile dancing in her eyes. "Sure." She had tried to say it with a flat tone that she had generally been using since she got here but it came out as though it had been sung slightly. Without showing any reaction to it, she followed him.

Hazel looked at the girl with stark surprise on her face, "You mean-" She cut herself off. 'No,' she thought to herself, 'It will be better if I don't start that stuff again.' She turned to Lauralelle and blushed, "Umm... would now be a bad time to tell you that I have yet to be in a real life fight? Like... I have only been in duels...." Hazel rubbed the back of her head and sighed.

Ion circled around her head again and again, making her a little dizzy, so she batted him away lightly. Timidly she questioned, "Enough water for two swords? What do you mean? I only have the one sword, and it is all I will fight with." She ran a hand against her sheathe, a soft smile on her face. The smile vanish once she thought of the gravity of the situation, "So... Victoria.... Is she tough?"

(( [MENTION=3445]Osuka[/MENTION] : Sorry that you won't be on for awhile. Hope to see you back soon ))

(( [MENTION=3530]ShizukaAyame[/MENTION] : Sorry for the long response. Had a bunch of homework ))

Kendra

I look the bartender straight in the eyes and reply with a smug smile "A martinie for me and make it type B." Looking about the bar, I don't notice anything particularily special. With a glance at Lithium, the bar tender returns with our drinks, and hands Lithium his bloody mary, his face still grim. Drinking my beverage I savor each drink, being the most satisfying thing i've had that day. I wonder what else is within this big town?

Emily

I listen intently to his grave story my frown deepening into a scowl. His life has been about protecting those he loves, and mine has been about betrayal and slavery. Pff, what a way to live. Everyone has some sort of problem. I look at the two silver coins in his hands and blink with confusion. No one has ever shown us kindness... Is this trickery? I highly doubt that he would try to trick us when he shared so much of his personal life with Ray, and I. Still grim, I take one of the two coins and say "Your kindness is the first I have ever seen in my life. I thank you with all of my heart. I would like to give you something in return." This gesture is rarley placed upon any species. Without a final doubt, I raise three fingers to my lips, then place them on his hand, leaving a brown mark the size of a miniature lady bug on the palm of his hand. Ray repeats the gesture and places his on the other hand. "You have our blessings, and will be watched over to help make your life of better quality."

Ray

I take the coin, and say "Thank you Osuka, you will be protected with my life. You have my trust, and eternal gratitude." An unreadable look across my face, I study my new found friend and feel greatful for his presence. He makes me feel much better about the situation we are all in.

(([MENTION=3411]kinadra[/MENTION]))

Lauralelle opened her mouth to reply to Hazel, but Ilayda cut her off to answer her inquiry about 'enough water for two swords.' Ilayda loved to gloat about her powers whenever someone lent an ear, and she wasn't about to let the opportunity slip throug her fingers, webbing and all. "I make the blade of my sword out of water," Ilayda started, a smug grin spread across her features. Pulling the long iron rod from the strap on her back, she summoned the moisture from the air around the three to form a spear tip and held it so Hazel could get a good look. "I can do a lot better with more water. My sword's nearly as big as Ellie's when I've got the right supplies. Harder, too," the Water Nymph bragged, reverting back to Lauralelle's nickname.

The aforementioned fairy shook her head at the younger woman's bragging, though her lips were upturned in a small, nearly unnoticable smile. "To answer your previous questions, yes, it would be a bad time to tell me that you haven't had a real fight before, and Maryland is very tough to kill, according to the reports of our scouts and officers. Black was one of the few who could go toe to toe with her, and not even he matched her skill," Lauralelle murmured and stopped in front of her door, Ilayda stopping beside her and leaning against the wall, disappaiting her spear as she did so. Turning to Hazel, she asked, "Do you have a spare set of clothes? You might need them for the mission."

(([MENTION=3558]Seiko-kun[/MENTION]))

Oswald was blushing profusely as he stopped in front of the door to his room. 'What do I do, what do I do, what the hell do I do?' his mind screamed in a panic, and he shuffled from foot to foot nervously. Taking a deep, shaky breath, he exhaled slowly and grounded himself, deciding he wasn't keen on freaking out over something so little - though his hands were still trembling slightly. "So, um... What do you need to pack?" he asked, locking his eyes on his bedroom door, thinking the question was safe enough. Perhaps Ariah already had what she needed on her person and he wouldn't have to fret over her well being. 'It'll be my well being everyone will be thinking about,' he thought with a slight grimace as his shoulders slumped. He wasn't a good field agent, he knew that well, so why would Wilhelmina ask him to join what was essentially a war party? He just prayed he wouldn't get anyone killed during this mission. "We'll rescue Edric and then he'll be able to help us," he murmured quietly to himself, unaware that he was speaking aloud until all the words were out. Blushing madly, he covered his face wiht one hand, and clenched the other to ward off his embarassment.

(([MENTION=3696]Sunrise[/MENTION] - Welcome back, my dearest Sunrise! Lithium can move once more! ^_^ ))

"Thank you, my good man!" Lithium said with a salute as the bartender placed his drink in front of him. He snatched up the glass and gulped from it, sighing in content as the warm sensation of alcoholic blood seeped down his throat. Holding his glass with his left hand, he rested his head on the other, his elbow propt up by the counter top. "So, dear Vampire, how old are you?" he asked, keeping his expression pleasant. A woman to his right started mumbling under her breath to the man accompanying her, their chatter easily picked up by the ghoul.

"How rude to be asking a lady her age," the female Vampire muttered, glaring daggers from the corner of her eye at Lithium. The man hummed his agreement.

"And to speak so freely to a Vampire, fledgeling or not," the male Vampire continued, tsking at the scenario.

A little ball of anger rolled around Lithium's gut, but he made sure his smiling face did not falter in Kendra's presence. 'Vampires...are such stupid creatures,' he thought, his red eyes darkening 'til they were almost pitch black.

Hazel nodded softly, in a bit of surprise at Ilayda, "That... is really cool." She snapped back to reality when Lauralelle spoke. Clothes? She thought for a moment, "Well... Mina showed me the matriarch's room, the room my mom used to have. There might be clothes in there. As for me in battle, I am sure I will be fine. You've seen me fight, and it will be fun when I don't have that worry about killing someone accidentally." Hazel smiled softly, quickly warming up to the bunch of them. Like a dysfunctional family, the likes of which she never got to have, yet she wished she did deep down.

Ariah smiled when she saw the blush a second before he could hide it and shifted the bag that she had. She pointed it out to him surprised that he hadn't noticed it. "I've got a bag with everything I need." Her voice and eyes held the smile though the obviousness of it was gone.

Thinking back she supposed that a bag would be a bit unnoticeable if a girl showed up on your front porch claiming to be there to help you fight an army. She rubbed Ushui's cheek again as she attempted to study his body language without seeing his face. It was rather easy to see that he wasn't comfortable but with many people would need to watch them for an hour or so before coming up with a suitable answer. People such as Wilhelmina.

In the mist of her thought her stomach rumbled. "Some food would be nice though..." She said quietly not knowibg if he heard her or not.

(( [MENTION=3530]ShizukaAyame[/MENTION] Hopefully my responses will come a bit faster from now on ^_^ ))

Kendra

I look at the ghoul, with a pit of annoyance in my stomache. With a sip of my drink, I reply "Well, I figured you knew by my scent, but perhaps..." I reply, flicking a bug across the room into some type of beverage in the bar "I'll tell you my age if you'd be willing to tell me yours." Knowing that I am young, the question does not bother me, but I am grateful for the man and womans acknoledgment on the topic. Flipping my brown hair behind my back, I look at Lithium, and await his answer.

((Question: Since Osuka has left for a few weeks, should I remove Emma and Ray by saying good bye or have them frozen there until Osuka returns?))

Mable Ann

I sit in the abandoned house, watching the filled streets, in my cat form. Skyler, I am going for a walk about the town. You should go about in the woods and hunt. Stretching my limbs by arching my back, I leave the house and walk the sparkling white city slowly and cautiously seeing multiple people pause at the sight of me before continuing on. Climbing the castle steps, I search for a place to climb. When none seem to exist I pout, then summon my elementalist powers and padding toward a tree that begins to grow with extraordinary speed. Leaping onto one of the branches I stop the tree from moveing farther when I land on top of a balcony. Leaping onto the railing, I sit on one of the satin couches outside of someone's room. Laying down, I begin to clean myself.

(([MENTION=3696]Sunrise[/MENTION] - Hopefully, mine will, too. ^_^ ;; I was being murdered by real life all week, and then I got sick on Friday. :/ But, I'm starting to feel better (though I still have a killer headache) so I should be able to be back on frequently. Sorry for the delay.

Also, I'm BSing Lithium's age 'cause what I posted on his character sheet doesn't match up with what I'm currently cooking up. It'll tie together eventually.))

'This one...is weird,' Lithium thought as he played with his empty glass, having downed the rest of it while Kendra was talking. He sighed before replying, his eyes remaining that dark, nearly black dead color. "I've always hated that game, you know? The one where you ask someone a question and they're all, 'Okay, but you first.' However, in the name of acquaintanceship, I'll humor you," Lithium finished with a humorless smile, the teasing look he'd maintained thus far draining slowly from his eyes.

His age was kind of a touchy subject, and one that he didn't often desire to talk about. Since he couldn't remember his past, he had no idea how old he was in human years, and he had only been a ghoul for a few years. He wasn't even sure how long that was since he didn't care much for keeping time, though he guessed he was about five, give or take a year or two. Still, he didn't often tell people the truth about his age. It was hard to discern a ghoul's true age since they all smelled like death, and it was especially difficult in Lithium's case since he smelt like neither a ghoul or a vampire, though he had met a were-person here and there that had been able to get pretty close.

With his thin, lifeless smile stretching, pulling up a little at the corners, Lithium replied in a bored monotone. "One hundred and twenty seven years old. Impressed?" he asked, his tone regaining a little bit of the teasing sound it had previously carried.

(([MENTION=3558]Seiko-kun[/MENTION] - Sorry for the delay, mademoiselle.))

Oswald's eyebrow twitched from behind his hand as Ariah announced that she was already in possession of a bag of supplies. "Do you see how unsuited I am for this?!" he blurted, forgetting that Ariah didn't know him very well yet. "I didn't even realize you had a bag, which, now that I look at it, is in plain sight. I'm going to get myself killed!" he exclaimed, throwing his hands up in exasperation before settling again. He hit his head against the door, his blush reaching from his neck to his ears. Upon hearing Ariah's stomach growl, he slowly pulled away from the wooden door and nodded. "I'm just going to pack a bag first, and then we'll get you some food. We'll need to pack some for the mission anyway," he murmured, his voice subdued again.

As he opened the door to his room, he stopped and looked back at Ariah apologetically, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly as he did so. "I'm not always so...stupid. I'm just a little worried about the mission," he said glumly, dropping his gaze to his feet. "Um...you can come in and sit at the desk or something while you wait, if you want," he added as he entered the room and headed to the closet at the far side. The room was fairly modest and not particularly large, though it was big enough to house a queen size bed, a corner desk and a practice dummy that was quite obviously over used. Tools for sword care littered the space on the desk, accompanied by scrolls and books filled with sword wielding techniques. Oz frowned as he passed them, a little embarrassed at the display. Despite all of his efforts, he was still just a rookie, hardly worthy of being called a Knight, but despite this he persisted with his training. He snorted quietly to himself; these days, he was one of the only ones who still kept up with the training.

(([MENTION=3411]kinadra[/MENTION] - So, so sorry for not posting when I promised to. I was sick and could barely open my eyes all weekend 'cause the light sent metaphorical daggers through my head. I'm here now, though. ^_^ ))

Lauralelle nodded and opened the door to her room. "Do you remember how to get to the fourth floor, or should I send Ilayda with you?" she asked, hovering in the doorway of her chambers. Ilayda answered before Hazel could reply, jumping up from the wall excitedly as she did so.

"Ooh, ooh! I wanna go to the Matriarch's room! It's seems like forever since I got to go up there last!" she exclaimed, clapping her hands together happily at the thought of stepping foot into the lavish room again. Turning towards Hazel, she smiled widely and grabbed the younger girl's hand. "Let's go, let's go, let's go!" she demanded and began dragging Hazel away.

With an irritated sigh, Lauralelle shouted after the pair. "Don't break the princess! We're gonna have enough trouble without anyone getting injured before the mission even starts!" With that said, Lauralelle entered her room to pack, shutting the door behind her with a slight slam. Ilayda stopped in her tracks, spinning around to face Hazel again, her eyebrows shooting up into her bangs.

"Princess?! I knew I heard that last name before! So, you're the old Matriarch's daughter, huh? Cool," Ilayda said before she started walking again, heading towards the staircase that would take them to the fourth floor. "I never got to meet her, but my dad used to tell my mom and me the greatest stories about her. Did you know her?" Ilayda asked, completely ignorant to Hazel's situation.

Hazel was being quickly pulled along, silently cursing Lauralelle for getting Ilayda started. She followed, though it wasn't really her choice, and Ion trailed along happily, completely unaware. Hazel blushed and looked down as they walked, "Yes... she was my mother. No, I never really got to meet either of them... they died when I was too little to remember. So, yes, I am the Princess I suppose... however, the only thing that I have from my parents is my mother's sword and their ability... I have to live up to their legacy..." Hazel slowed her pace, seeming deep in thought, and ran her hand along the sheathe of her sword. She didn't like the discussion, and having someone be so blunt made her walls that she put up disintegrate.

(( [MENTION=3530]ShizukaAyame[/MENTION] I'm surprised that I was able to respond so quickly. I guess I had luck this time. I've also been sick unfortunatley {With a cold}. Sorry if i'm not here tomorrow, wednessday, or friday. Super busy :) ))

Kendra

I pause from sipping my drink, not surprised by his remark. Moving my dark hair out of my eyes, I glance at Lithium and reply bitterly "Fair enough. I am 16, and soon to be 17, although age cannot touch me." Being a vampire has been difficult for me to handle. All of my feelings, and emotions and enhanced, but to be honest, I love the power. Each day I wake up to the rising sun, I find myself stronger, and yes I can wake up to a sun without getting burnt. How rediculous those books are. I don't sparkle like a diamond, or burn in the sun. Nothing about heat effects me. Now cold is a different story... It cannot kill me but it can certainly slow me down. Pressing my dark red lips into a line, peering at Lithium with my dark eyes. Everything about him felt strange, and slightly confusing, for you could never tell what type of mood this ghoul was in unless you manage to stick him into an undying anger.

Ilayda was forced to slow down to the same pace as Hazel, and - upon inspecting the younger girl's expression - she wondered if she had said something to upset her. Thinking that maybe Hazel was anxious about upholding her parents' name, she slowed down a little more so that they were side-by-side as they climbed the stairs to the fourth floor. "You know, no one's really gonna expect all that much from you. Ah, wait, no, I didn't mean it the way it sounded, I mean...," Ilayda sighed and shook her head, starting over after giving Hazel an apologetic look. "I don't mean that anyone expects you to be weak or that you won't be able to meet our standards or anything, I just mean that we've already got a leader. I can imagine that Wilhelmina was pretty excited to meet you, but she'll calm down soon enough. She was just worried about not having a suitable successor. Both Ellie and I had declined, and the rest of the Knights aren't meeting her standards, so she was worried the clan would die off," Ilayda explained as they ascended the stairs.

She laughed a little at herself. "Of course, I don't actually know how Mina reacted to you, I'm just guessing 'cause I know she was stressed. Don't go thinking she's wanting to give up her job to a rookie or anything," Ilayda added with a wink directed at Hazel. "Despite your being the princess and all, you're still technically a rookie, the same as Oz. Ah, we're here," Ilayda ended as the two stepped onto the landing of the fourth floor. Ilayda dropped Hazel's hand and motioned for her to enter ahead of her. "Your highness," she said, her voice a low monotone, and her eyes twinkling mischievously.

(([MENTION=3696]Sunrise[/MENTION] - Take your time. I've got stuff to catch up on anyway. ^_^ ))

Lithium quirked a curious brow, the left side of his mouth twitching upwards into a lopsided grin. "Oh? Are you saying you are sixteen, nearly seventeen in human years? Does this mean you are only a few months old as a vampire? Since you said age could not touch you and you don't appear younger than sixteen...," Lithium added, elaborating on the reasons for his assumption. "I do believe you are the first vampire I've met under the age of ten. Well, where's your sire, little fledgeling? What an awful person they must be to have left such a young underling like yourself roam about these parts alone. You never know what kind of riffraff you'll encounter in this city," Lithium said slowly, drawing out his words. His eyes sparkled with an unusual glimmer of emotion - an odd mix of hostility and amusement, creepy but alluring in the way that the shadows of the city, darker than anywhere else, were enticing.

((Wow. That...was a weird post. I swear, if you were to ask me what that last sentence meant, I would have no idea how to answer you. :/ I like the ring to it, though...))

Ariah nodded and entered the room behind Oswald. She couldn't hide the smile that danced in her eyes from both his outburst of being 'unsuited,' as he put it, and the many books and scrolls. Sitting at the desk, she opened one of them skiming it. Her training had come from trial and error so she was amused at the skills the book explained. "May I ask you something?" She looked at another one her smiling peeking out.

Hazel cheered up significantly by the time that they got to the fourth floor. She looked at Ilyada curiously as she called her "Your highness", she wasn't used to it in the least, and to be honest it caught her off guard. "Thank you," she said shyly, moving ahead of the other girl timidly. Hazel walked briskly to the correct room, and this time opened the door for Ilyada, a smile on her face from the amazing room, as she spoke with a sweet but quiet voice, "After you." Hazel walked in after Ilyada did, and moved quickly to the closet, opening it, and wincing visibly when she looked inside.

Her mother's clothes, still here, still nearly untouched by hands or by time. Inside this huge closet, there lead another door. Hazel strolled towards it, feeling awkward amongst her mother's clothes. Opening the door she saw two pristine sets of armor, one that was her mother's, and one, slightly next to it, that was clearly meant for her. Hazel touched her's lightly, tears in her eyes. It was her right size. It must have been soul armor, one that grows with the person it is linked to. Extremely rare, and very expensive. The perfect armor for any adventure. Hazel broke down crying in front of it, dropping to her knees. Her own armor glowed, but her mother's did not. Not any longer.

Her armor, the armor on the far left:

Konachan.com%20-%20120382%20armor%20cape%20emiya_kiritsugu%20fate_stay_night%20fate_zero%20gilgamesh%20gun%20irisviel_von_einzbern%20itou_ben%20rider%20saber%20sword%20weapon.jpg

(( [MENTION=3530]ShizukaAyame[/MENTION] Alright, two days :3 Not too bad ;D ))

Kendra

Somber feelings flood into my memory about the male that had turned me. My expression became a mixture of disgust, and uneasiness. Quickly returning to my regular undecisive look after a moment that only a very observant, and powerful creature would see, I turn my wicked eyes toward him, and snort with utter disgust, "He's... Retired." I notice that the sentence came put more than hesitant when I said retired and smiled a grin that only the most malicious beast would recognize. Things didn't go too well with my vampire boyfriend after her turned me... Oh no, it only made things worse for him because his compellsions came back to me in a heep. All of the cruel and maniacle things he did to me... There had to be revenge... Oh yes, I did serve it up to him. Chuckling softly, I think to myself You never know how powerful one may be until you have faced them in battle. Then, focusing my attention back to Lithium, I add with a mocking voice, "Oh, and that is in human years." Pushing my hair out of my face, I push it back behind my ear. The brown lockes soon fell back into their original place, disobeying my wish but I pay no mind, awaiting Lithium's answer.

((@kinadra @Seiko-kun @Sunrise - Sorry all for abandoning the thread for the past week. I'm still sick and I've been coughing up my lungs in my spare time. I'm not going to promise to be on frequently until I'm completely cured of whatever virus is clutching onto life inside me, but I've at least got this post for y'all. Sorry for the wait and the inconvenience.))

In the House of the Fairy Knights...

From his spot at his closet where he was shoving a few articles of clothing into a bag, Oz cast a quick glance at Ariah as she browsed through his scrolls. "Sure. What's up?" he asked in return as he finished up his packing. After he finished with his clothes, he joined Ariah at his desk and began picking a few little things off its surface - a whetstone, twin daggers for his boots, and a book he hadn't finished reading. All packed, he stopped moving about and let his gaze fall on Ariah, awaiting her question.

Two floors up, in the only bedroom on the forth floor, Ilayda sighed quietly as she leaned against the outer wall of the closet and listened to the sobbing coming from inside. Evidently, Wilhelmina hadn't had the time to show Hazel around the entirety of the matriarch's suite. The Water Nymph scratched the back of her neck nervously, not really knowing how to handle the situation. She had only just met Hazel, so she wasn't sure if the younger girl preferred to be left alone in such a state or enjoyed comfort. And, if she enjoyed comfort, did she prefer physical comfort like hugs or emotional comfort like soothing words? Ilayda wasn't know for her skill with either method of consoling.

Nevertheless, she dared a step into the closet, and then another, and soon she was kneeling beside Hazel with a comforting hand on her shoulder, at least that was the idea. Ilayda, though she desired to say something to alleviate her new comrade's sorrows, remained silent as she sat with Hazel, hoping that her presence alone would help soothe the girl.

In the Dark City...

Lithium hummed quietly in response to Kendra's answer. "Bartender, another Bloody Mary, please," Lithium called as he laid his head on his folded arms that rested atop the counter.

"What type?" the same man as before called back from the other end of the bar, and Lithium gave a small half-shrug.

"Surprise me," he replied. The bartender gave a curt nod before he began preparing Lithium's drink. Turning his gaze back upon his company, he regarded Kendra in an almost sleepy fashion as he waited for his drink. "Retired?" he repeated in a curious tone after a moment of silence between the two. "What, did he get tired of hanging around this place for the rest of time? Did he off himself? Or did you help him off a cliff?" Lithium inquired as the bartender returned with his new Bloody Mary.

Yay! Shizuka's back!!~ *glomp*))

Ariah looked to Oz tearing her gaze away from the book. It seemed interesting to say the least but she preferred her method of trial and error, mostly because of the adaptability but it had other strengths as well. "Why do you feel that you aren't qualified for the knights?" She took a few steps towards the door knowing that he was done packing. "Obviously, you have determination and potential." The smile from earlier traced her lips as she told him this.

((I'm kinda back. Not really. :/ Oh, and Happy New Year everyone. ^_^ ))

Oz was quiet for a moment as he fell into step beside Ariah as the duo exited his room. "I guess I have determination, but I don't know about potential. I've been training for years, but...I just haven't seemed to improve at all," he said quietly, his expression troubled. "I was born into this clan, you know? Not all Fairy Knights can say that. And, a lot of the Knights who are pure bloods weren't born to this specific branch, so close to the matriarch's family. But, here I am, a full fledged Fairy Knight, only a year younger than Wilhelmina, and I've never once been able to score a single point off of her, or Ellie, or Ilayda. Hell, Ilayda's only a half-ling and I'm nothing compared to her," Oz exclaimed with a strained, humorless laugh.

"Potential... Mina says I have it, too. For a long time, it was enough that she believed in me. I trained so hard - am still training as hard as I can - but I'm not getting any better," he grumbled as the pair descended the stairs and headed towards the kitchen. He turned to Ariah with a half smile. "You, on the other hand, have legitimate talent. You could hold your own against the princess. That's fairly impressive," he said as they turned into a new room - the kitchen.

"Anyway, what do you want to eat?" he asked as he walked over to the pantry.

Ariah's almost nonexistent smile had fallen completely at the complement that he had given her. "I am hardly talented. Rarely, do I fight the way I did and often I loose my head." That was the price of fighting on the streets, you were tormented in both fights over food and verbal insults. "I'll take an apple if you don't mind." She couldn't leave him talking himself down. Too many people on the streets had done that and lost their lives to either their own hand or to others. "In order for someone to have the amount of devotion that you seem to have potential is needed. Otherwise, it is lost when progress isn't seen."

Oz snorted as Ariah down-played his compliment; she would fit right in with the Knights, most of whom refused to accept compliments about their strength. Well, except for Ilayda who enjoyed bragging about all of her skills to anyone who would lend an ear. "One apple, coming up," he called over his shoulder as he rummaged around the pantry, looking for the fruit. He froze at Ariah's next comment, a blush creeping up his neck. He, like the rest of the Knights, also disliked compliments, but he didn't have a rebuff for Ariah's comment. Honestly, what she said kind of made sense, and he felt his lips tugging upwards into a smile. "...I suppose you're right," he murmured quietly and resumed his hunt for apples.

Finding them where they normally were - on the middle shelf in a basket right in front of his face - he grabbed three and willed away his blush. Turning around, he tossed an apple to Ariah. "Catch," he called as it flew through the air towards the girl. He set the third apple on the counter beside the pantry and bit into his own apple, happy with the loud crunch it made as he bit into it. "So," he started, pausing to swallow his apple piece. "What else do you like to eat? We need to pack something for the road," he added as an explanation for his question.

((...I should probably drag Wilhelmina and Lauralelle back into the plot soon. :/ ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back