Devastating Destruction

Ariah was a bit surprised at the tone that the girl had been using but didn't react the way she would have it had just been the girl. "Actually, I was told this was where the Fairy Knight Manor was." She was directing her answer more towards the guy that had answered the door in the first place. "I'm Ariah De Luka and this is Ushui." She rubbed his face in a motion to show who she was talking about. Ushui purred lightly and pushed her face into Ariah's hand happily.

((@kinadra - Cool beans. ^_^ ))

Wilhelmina turned sharply towards Hazel, her gaze hard and burning with anger. "The king was just in his commands. Do you remember nothing of what I have told you? About your parents? They died because of the Dark army, and not because they charged in there senselessly. We have suffered for years under relentless attacks from the other side, and we have lost so much as a result. The king should have ordered this attack years ago," Wilhelmina said vehemently. "Maryland is just the tip of the iceberg, Hazel. Compared to some of the soldiers of the Dark army, she is kind in her methods of murder," the matriarch spat, her hands trembling. She exhaled shakily, her rage barely contained, and she turned away from the younger Knight.

Sighing, she tried to let go of her anger, but kept her line of vision off of Hazel. "...I am sorry for snapping at you like that, but you must understand... This is a senseless war, but not because of our king. He is only doing what he thinks he must in order to keep his people safe, and I agree with him. If we do not act soon, we will loose this war and all of the people our parents and clan mates fought so hard to protect will suffer more than they already are," Wilhelmina said, her voice quiet, but resolute. "Come. We have much to prepare for," she said quickly and started back towards the Fairy Knights' mansion.

(([MENTION=3558]Seiko-kun[/MENTION] - sorry, I posted before I saw ya.))

Oswald was still confused by the girl's presence. "...I'm Oswald and this is Lauralelle," he said as he motioned to the armor-clad girl beside him. "This is the manor of the Fairy Knights, but what can I do for you exactly?" he asked, still not knowing the reason for the girl's arrival. Lauralelle simply stood with her arms crossed over her chest in the middle of the doorway to block any attempts the younger girl might make at entering.

(([MENTION=3530]ShizukaAyame[/MENTION]))

Instead of getting shy and quiet, Hazel snapped back, "You know, I realize they died fighting for this side. But my issue lies in the fact that so many people come here as a safe haven to the war. A place where violence is low. Where crime is low. Perhaps he was trying to protect that by being on the defensive instead of the offensive." Hazel followed Wilhelmina, her eyes glowing slightly from frustration, "If the breaking of what peace there is cannot be avoided any longer, then we do have a lot to prepare for. So let's get started."

(([MENTION=3411]kinadra[/MENTION]))

Harlen didn't even bother to reply to the duplication, "I feel such pity for him." He mumbled to himself, then grabbed a bottle of disinfectant to clean off his arm. He continue to dab the blood off from his cut and attempted to stop the bleeding, then he walked over to Luci, "I'll be right back." He said quietly, "I'm gonna find some place to put her." He then walked out the door before anybody could reply and began carrying Luci towards his house. Hm. I think the basement will suit. he said to himself.

(([MENTION=3601]Kaleo[/MENTION]))

Salem rocked back and forth on his feet and half-grinned, "Kill you? Hm. Are you immortal?" Idiot! Why in the hell would you say something like that? A voice nagged at him, but he continued to ignore them all. If she was immortal, he could consider killing her, but he doubted he would. it would take too much effort, and Salem was quite lazy.

Victoria rolled her eyes and cursed under her breath angrily when Lithium called out to her.

Oh shut up.. She wanted to snarl back to him, but decided to keep her mouth shut for now. Well, at least it wasn't her being used for a meal anymore. Now that other vampire girl was going to be his treat.

A sly grin appeared on her face at the thought of it as she walked away.

Her mind continued to ramble on and on about how Gray, AND Lithium had betrayed her.

Damn it.. How could I have not realized it before? It was so obvious.. She silently scolded herself, staring down at the dark concrete. Only a few dim street lamps lit the streets, giving the city an eerie feeling.

She turned around the corner, but stopped when she saw a man staring directly at her. She raised an eyebrow, and began to turn around once more, but the man was in front of her again.

"Look buddy, I don't know who the hell you think you are, but could you go be a creep somewhere else?" She suddenly snapped, prepared to turn around again, but stopped.

"Wow.. You really have changed a lot, haven't you?"

Her eyes widened in pure shock, and she turned towards him. She knew that voice anywhere.

"LEO! What are you doing here?! You know what people over here do to trespassers! They'll kill you if they find out your from the light s-"

He cut her off by placing a finger lightly on her lips. A faint blush appeared on her cheeks, and she looked up to him.

"I'm aware of that. But since I'm a vampire myself, I thought that most people wouldn't really notice." He grinned at her, removing his finger and shoving a hand in his pocket.

Victoria crossed her arms over her chest, and raised an eyebrow.

"Lemme guess.. My parents sent you to take me back to the light side?" She muttered in a flat tone. He chuckled nervously and scratched the back of his head.

"Yeah.. Pretty much."

She groaned quietly, running a hand through her long white hair.

"I can't.. I'm in big trouble with the light side right now." She said, staring at the ground. He nodded slowly, not very surprised.

"Yeah I know.. But still. C'mon. My car is parked around the corner." He said, a grin on his face as he suddenly grabbed her hand and began leading her away.

(([MENTION=2978]The Magnificent Marley[/MENTION]))

Nikki looked at the door worried and Drue spoke, "Well, someone is in a pissed-off mood." Nikki just stared at the door, "I am going to catch up to him..." Drue nodded slightly, "I guess so... Don't forget that note please. I have other things to do... So you go run to him, but.." Drue hugged Nikki and gave her a quick kiss to the cheek before the illusion of him disappeared, the real him had gone out the back door when everyone was distracted.

Nikki rubbed her cheek furiously and hurried to catch up with Harlen. Once she was next to him, she walked with him pretty much silent to his house until Luci was securely in the basement. Nikki gave Harlen a tight hug, "I'm sorry about all that... I know you hated it."

Harlen kept walking, He didn't say anything once Nikki was beside him, he was too busy thinking to himself. He walked inside, tying Luci up and then locking the basement door behind him. "I didn't hate it...I'm just...I was just worried- and, kind of mad, I guess." He replied, walking over to the couch and sitting on it, looking up at the ceiling with his fingers laced together behind his neck. He sighed softly, pursing his lips.

Nikki sat on Harlen's lap, facing him, with a frown on her face, "Why? To both." Nikki wondered, 'I wonder if Harlen knows that Drue kissed my cheek...' she thought, rubbing her cheek absentmindedly, still trying to get the feeling of it off. She sighed and touched his cheek with her hand, trying to comfort him, "Why get mad? Why be worried? We saved people today."

Harlen heard the thought, but he tried not to let it bother him. "I don't know. I just am." He sighed and scratched the back of his neck. Randomly, Harlen pulled Nikki closer, into a tight hug, "Maybe I'm just too paranoid, but, I'm afraid that I'll lose you somehow. I don't want that to happen."

Luci, very disoriented, awoke in the basement. She took a moment to take in her surroundings and pull at her bindings with no luck. She listened to the conversation going on between Harlen and Nikki. Almost at the same time, Nikki spoke and Luci 'spoke'. "Why are you so afraid to lose me?" Nikki said with a frown as she hugged Harlen. Yes, why do you care so much for this criminal? Luci spoke to Harlen in his mind. And do not deny it, she is a criminal and you know it. She used magics to cheat death. And she will cause issues for us later on when she falls in love with a reaper! Do not love her Harlen!

Harlen sighed, ignoring Luci. He didn't want to deal with her right now. "Because, you changed me in the best way possible." He replied, looking at the ground and shaking his head, he then replied to Luci, She doesn't remember anything. And so what if I fall in love with a 'criminal'? It was never my decision to go into this line of work anyways!

She does remember some! And some is enough! Besides, that doesn't change the fact that she needs to die! She is too much of a risk to us. She must die. Just kill her, end it swiftly and save your own race! Luci was furious, practically screaming in Harlen's mind. She didn't see why Harlen would forsake his own race for some girl. 'He must be that guy then...' She thought to herself, 'I have to let HQ know.'

Nikki got off of his lap and sat next to him, blushing. She held his hand and gave him a kiss on the neck. She knew it was a sensitive spot usually for both guys and girls, so she hoped it would force him to cheer up.

Ariah noticed that the girl, Lauralelle, seemed a bit on edge or just plain annoyed, while Oswald didn't know what to think. "I'm here to join the fight." She put one hand on her sword and the other continued to pet Ushui. She looked between the two of them waiting for a reaction.

Kendra

I am determined to earn his respect, and with a wistful laugh say "I'm afraid that I can't be on the main course tonight. I still have some revenege to accomplish, although you are clever." I smirk. "With my recent meals, all I have in me is the animals from out in the woods. Pittifully salty i'm aftaid. Wouldn't do you much good to eat me without having some digestion problems later." I gave a wicked grin before saying "You've heard it all before I suppose. Well, dear me." I pretend to sob, then look up with a gruesome twisting smile say "I'd rather not take your hand unless the main course is someone other than me." Flipping my dark hair, looking at him with my dark brown eyes. "Not merely a snack, although if you'd like a snack, i'd not be here." I prick my finger with one of my nails, and lick the blood of slowly, as if grooming myself like a cat. Laughing, I withdraw my hand, and with a sharp glance at Lithium, I draw slowly away, waiting to see his reaction. I love messing with anyone. I must be driving him crazy, and although I am supposed to fear for my life, I do not care. The reason for this is because it has been devoted on revenge. I shan't die without bringing down my enemy or may my soul burn in the depths of the void.

Harlen clenched his teeth and let out a small breath. He looked over at Nikki, giving her a reassuring half-smile, "I'll be right back, I'm going to go check on Luci." He said softly, kissing her cheek. He got up and walked over to the basement door reluctantly, opening it. He walked downstairs and closed the door behind him switching on the light and glaring at Luci intently. "I'm sure you know why I'm keeping you down here, right?" He said in a low voice, walking towards her.

Nikki sighed, "Ok, hurry back then." She laid down on the couch, stretched, and stared at the ceiling.

Luci glared at Harlen, "Well I assume you don't want me blabbing about you and that girl Nikki." Luci stared up at the light, then back to Harlen, "What will you do when she remembers it all? Every time we chased her before, she was with that Drue guy. She could hate you, she could be around him again and not you. Who knows? How close are you two anyways? Are you two even really together?"

Harlen rolled his eyes, "Y'know, It's really tempting to kill you right now. It'd be so much easier if that head trauma had just killed you." He spat, looking around the basement. The reaper grunted in a snobbish way, turning his back to her and pulling up a chair, sitting down on it, "Why don't you tell me why this reaping thing is so important to you, anyways? Don't you think it'd be so much easier to be on your own, instead of listening to their bloody orders all day?" he said lowly, "It's much easier. I doubt you have even considered it, Luci. You're too brainwashed. You're a servant."

"It is a job, so I do it well," Luci practically spat at Harlen, "You didn't answer me though. Are you worried about it?" Luci smirked, Are you worried about her hating you? You haven't even made it official have you? Luci laughed, Oh, and you wouldn't kill me, no... that would upset your little Nikki too much. Oh, but she isn't yours! Right now she could be anyone's.

Nikki kept staring at the ceiling above, almost asleep, wondering what was taking Harlen so long, and if she should go down there to check on him.

Harlen laughed wickedly, "Oh, Luci. Don't you see how that job can get you killed? I suppose I need to teach the young one a lesson? You haven't been in the field long enough to know what I know. Admit it." He spat in return. And that isn't very polite to ask such questions, dear. That's none of your business- I mean, I could make it so it's not. "Actually, I won't be the one to kill you. I have certain people that can do the dirty work for me. Make it seem as though it were a tragic accident." He said, almost to himself. Harlen had turned out to be of many variety, more than he expected. This is why he didn't socialize. He changed too much, all the time. Personality after personality.

(@Sunrise Sorry about the lateness. I've been a bit stretched as of late, but as promised, a post - though it is considerably smaller this time. And sorry for spelling your name wrong so many times!!! ^^; )

So he was right. Osuka smiled when thegirl gave her full grin away. They seemed to be well kept teeth asfar as he could tell, so why not show something of himself? Osuka'sgolden orbs rolled upward, and just as he did, two long, whiteKitsune ears sprouted from atop his head, the golden locks beingreplaced with platinum white which were streaked in light blue. Hissmile widened as he felt his ears twitch, then five tails of the samecolor and pattern sprout out from behind him. The tell-tale signs ofa Kitsune. But that wasn't all. At listening to the two give theirnames and their reasons of being here, Osuka grinned more widely andallowed his fangs to be shown. They were as white as his hair, and ifone looked closely enough, the very tips were hollow – vampirefangs. They were this way to allow an aphrodisiac to be released inorder to soothe and numb the donor that he fed from. As of the pastfew hundred years, though, Osuka hadn't fed.

“It's apleasure to get to know the both of you, Emma and Ray,” he saidwith a light chuckle. “Indeed it is nice to converse. I thought Iwas going to be attacked rather than greeted and checked upon. Haveyou two any idea where one could exchange currency here? Banks,tellers, etc..? I could treat the both of you to a meal since you'vebeen traveling quite a ways.”

Nikki got off the couch and walked to the basement door, opening it silently. She walked partly down the stairs, enough so she could see them, walking silently so they couldn't know she was there.

Luci cringed slightly, but spoke out still, "I know it can get me killed, but it is something I enjoy doing. And still, you run across the problem of Nikki not wanting to have someone killed if she can help it. And I can ask whatever questions I want. Like, do you really think you are good enough for her? Do you really want to be chained down like that? Do you really think that she loves you?" She switched to speaking in his mind, Kill me now or don't threaten me with such meaningless threats. You have no one who would do it for you. You aren't even sure what you will do with me. But I am certain of one thing, you aren't good enough for her, so why would she actually like you?

Harlen sat there silently, just staring at Luci, "Why? Why do you go so low and try to hurt people? Do you really think that helps your situation? Because it doesn't. The questions you're asking me, aren't ones for me to answer. Rather, for Nikki. So don't expect to get those answers anytime soon, Luci. I'm not listening to some ignorant girl like you who doesn't know what the hell they are even talking about." He said in a normal tone now, then got up. He switched off the light again and made his way to the stairs.

Luci noticed Nikki on the stairs before the light was turned off, "Hello there Nikki," Luci said sickly sweet, "I was just asking your friend here if he was good enough to make a move." The light switched off and Nikki squeaked a little tripping down the stairs and landing on Harlen, her cheeks bright red, "Sorry!" she said quickly before attempting to get up.

Harlen hit his head on the floor and let out a small groan, "It's fine.." He mumbled, just lying there for a few seconds and rubbing his head. To be honest, Luci kind of hit Harlen the worst with her words, and even though he didn't show it, he was extremely angry with her. The reason he didn't make a move? Because he didn't know how to. Did Luci really expect him to know how to handle females and relationships just like that? After years of never having a single one. Not that Luci knew this, of course. Did Nikki even know? He sighed to himself and suddenly sat up, afraid of what Nikki would say in return to Luci.

Luci watched the tumble laughing, "Can you be any clumsier?" Nikki just rolled her eyes at Luci's comment, "Oh yeah, you said something about what you asked him. Is he good enough? Well, he is a heck of a lot better than anyone else would be. He hasn't asked, and that is his own choice. Come on Harlen," Nikki grabbed Harlen and practically dragged him up the stairs, slamming the door after they were out. "Can we just let her starve?" She said, only half-joking. 'Is he good enough? That's a joke... he is perfect, he couldn't be any better for me,' Nikki thought, annoyed at Luci

Users who are viewing this thread

Back