• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

deuteragonist & rapidJazzhands

Eeeeeeeeee

Alec blinks again, having noticed the subtle action. He doesn't press the matter further. "Aw, that's a shame," he says, averting his gaze to the front of the classroom, "My brother and I love cats. Our dad let us have a couple when we were kids."

"That's cool, I guess," Amanda mutters. She glances at the clock somewhat anxiously. Still ten minutes before the bell rings. Doesn't she have a free period next hour? Her gaze moves down from her lap and she fights the urge to check her schedule.

Alec lets out an inaudible sigh, soon turning his whole body to face the front. He's given up, for now at least. Even so, he doesn't keep from hoping the two of them happen to have another class together, later in the day. He's a dork and she's a grump. Could there possibly a better match in this world?! He doesn't think so.

Amanda can tell she's succeeded, for now, in warding off another potential friend, and, for once, she can't decide if she's okay with that. She frowns at her hands. She isn't even sure what just occurred between the two of them, and even more unsure what to make of it.

Alec stays mostly quiet for the rest of the class, still not necessarily paying attention to what the teacher is saying. He's too caught up in the thought of the girl sitting next to him. Mainly how he's going to get to her, in the good way of course. He has a feeling he's well on his way, but maybe he's just being naive...

When the bell finally does ring, Amanda is beyond relieved. She's out of the classroom before anyone has registered that class is over. Alec confuses her; he's different. She isn't sure how, but he is. Shaking her head to clear it, she continues down the hall. Is it wrong that she has the sudden urge to go back? She ducks past what could be the beginnings of a fist fight with uncertainty and continues on her way to the library.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back