• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Detailed, preferably mxm.

mechanimated

VP of the Questionable Ethics Committee
Pardon me if I write a little effed up, I just staggered home from a concert so I'm all wonky. One too many elbows to the face in the pit yaknow?

ANYways i got some ideassss

Only one person per thingy so uh keep that in mind I guess. I'm wicked busy with school so i dont wanna commit to a dozen people and then drop em all

dont be fooled i write real goodly, just...so tired

alright here they come

here come the ideas

we're goin

woo

here it is

wow

(Fantasy) A Gift: In this world, rich fancy people come from families with magical talent. It's tradition that when a young member of the family graduates from their academy of choice, they are presented with a specific sort of gift from their parents - a Siphon. Siphons are magical creatures of all kinds that undergo a very complex arcane procedure (almost always against their will, as it can be excruciatingly painful, disfiguring, or even deadly if botched) that turns their magic into a tool that can be used by another. Normally, a mage would have to exert themselves to draw on aetheric essences in order to cast. With a Siphon, the creature is the one doing the actual drawing, which allows the mage to perform spells without exhausting or endangering themselves. Over-reaching and using too much aetheric energy can kill or burn out an individual.

The 'poorer' rich families get simpler Siphons - goblins, elementals, sprites, and other creatures with weak or highly specific magical abilities. The truly wealthy get pure-blooded fae, daemons, and (very rarely) enslaved mages from distant lands - magical beings whose spell-casting abilities are far more powerful and varied.

Our characters would be a graduate mage and his newly-acquired Siphon. I don't really care which I play, so it's up to you.

(Sci-fi) A Deep Well: The nigh-omniscient Evil Government Entity of the future is, as per usual, always looking for new ways to win wars that haven't even broken out yet. To that end, they conduct all kinds of secret experiments, research, and testing. All of this is hidden from the public eye, and being assigned to any of these projects means signing away your life forever. Scientists and engineers work and live together in isolated facilities, entire townships of highly specialized professionals crafting horrors no normal person would even want to conceive.

One of these projects proves...unfortunately fruitful. A massive accident, thousands dead instantly, thousands more dying over weeks later. Radiation? Poison? Weapon gone wrong? No one knew. It blew the lid on the biggest facility the government had, and the fallout (both physical and political) was huge. The higher-ups were forced to pay out billions in reparations, and that whole branch was scrapped (Just that branch, though. As if the government would ever admit to other projects still going on unhindered). Information about what was being created was buried where no one would ever find it, and the surviving scientists were decommissioned, given new identities, and hidden in the general public with the threat of "going away" hanging over them if they ever spoke.

Years pass and it seems like things have died down when...

In the middle of the night, one of the researchers on that disastrous project bolts awake. A noise. He creeps downstairs, his paranoia at a constant high ever since that awful incident, to discover the exact thing he never wanted to see again: his pet project found its maker.

(This one could be pretty free-form. Again, I don't care which role I play. Is the project a mutant grown in a tube? Some kind of hyper-advanced android? A hybrid of the two? Who knows we'll make it up later wheee)

Last edited by a moderator:
Coo'. I'm on my phone right now, but if you wanna drop me a line I'll get back to you once I get home. (Idk why but conversations bug out on my cell)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back