• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom /Detailed] Pokemon: Linked World

PCbB4e3.png
}

s k u l d l v l: 10

kLLTYfe.png
HP: 2

ATT: 2

DEF: 2

SPE: 3

SP. ATT: 2

SP. DEF: 3

SPECIES: VULPIX

Moves:

• Ember
  • Roar
  • Baby-Doll Eyes
  • Quick Attack

{/slide}{slide=
TJ4OnTS.png
}

v e r d a n d i l v l: 5

jmhH2dH.png

4zkr2A5.png

ATT: 3

DEF: 3
SPE: 2

SP. ATT: 3

SPECIES: SKRELP

Moves:

• Tackle
  • Smokescreen
  • Water Gun
  • Feint Attack

{/slide}{SLIDE=
E8UBNgR.png
|open}

Other

LOC: Pendulum

Mood: Nervous but extremely excited

{/slide}[/accordion]
Phoebe Zamora

Phoebe sighed deeply as her zipcart made it’s way to Pendulum City, taking her farther and farther from her jungle home. Leaning her head against the window, she watched as the terrain on either side of the lake gradually leveled and flattened itself. It wasn’t long before meadowland turned rolling hills, then transforming into smooth countryside pockmarked with agricultural farms.

Her mind wandered and nerves tickled her stomach as she traveled through the sky. Phoebe didn’t mind heights, she was quite used to them; her anxiety peaked because this would be the first time visiting Pendulum on her own. She knew the city better than a tourist, yet wasn’t as familiar with it’s sprawling metropolitan streets like local would be. She sighed again, remembering all the family trips to Pendulum and how fun they were.

Skuld, outside her pokeball and curled up on her lap, nuzzled into her stomach and Phoebe obediently scratched her little tuft of fiery orange bangs. She hoped her solitary trip followed suit, and the cycle of fun continued. As the hour long trip neared its climax, Phoebe couldn’t help but think back on her goodbyes, and what they meant to her.

Though her mother wasn’t able to give her a flesh and blood goodbye, she had messaged her via holo caster just after dawn. Half-asleep and already wracked with nerves, Phoebe watched, teary eyed, as her mother spoke. She was pink in the face and the rush of winning a pokemon battle was vibrant in her eyes.

“My little girl,” She said. “I’m so excited for you.” Glancing away, she smiled reminiscently before making eye contact again. “Remember the most important thing Pheebs: have fun and embrace this. Begin your journey and write the next chapter of your life.” Her mother ended the transmission with an ‘I love you and give my love to your father.’ Petrina Zamora wasn’t one for long goodbyes.

Hours later, she and her father were at Rope-A-Dope Station, locked in a tight embrace. Behind her dad’s foggy glasses, tears leaked from his eyes as he squeezed her tighter. “You be careful now you here? Keep your eyes on Skuld and Verdandi, there are thieves in the big city. ” He said with a froggy throat. “And mind your manners around strangers.” He leaned down and gave her another bone-crushing hug. “I love you Pheebs,” the signal rang and people started boarding zipcarts. After two more hugs and three ‘I have to go dad!’ her father bent down, scratched Skuld on the head and said, “Take care of my little girl.”

That was almost an hour ago and the zipcart was now entering Pendulum’s outer city. Buildings rose high into the sky and soon she was eye level with many of them. Within minutes the zipcart pulled into station and Phoebe picked Skuld up and walked out with everyone else. Fresh city air was the first thing that greeted her, and then a whole belly of nerves. She had neglected to notice just how many people were in Pendulum.

Walking through festive lined streets, Phoebe was reminded at how influential Rookie Month was in the Occas region. As she walked through Pendulum with Skuld, Pheebs couldn’t help but notice all the diversity. It seemed as though people had arrived from all corners of Occas. With a glance down at the brochure she bought leaving the station, she realized with a start that Professor Willow’s should be just up the road. The elated, costume wearing citizens made it difficult to navigate.

Phoebe made her way through the crowd, catching the end of a conversation that could guide her. “
Yes,” Someone said, “I think we should go to the lab! Together!

There were four people gathered round each other, all with pokemon. Phoebe walked up slowly, unsure how they would react to a complete stranger asking to tag along.

“Excuse me, but, would you mind if I tagged along with you guys? I’m going to the Professor’s lab as well.”

836554.jpg

Totendanz (Duskull)
LVL 6Calm
HP:1SP:1
ATK:1DEF:4
Sp.ATK:2Sp.DEF:5

@Teh Frixz
Emmet Slater

Emmet tried not to laugh when this young woman complained about the clean cigarettes. He remembered thinking the same thing when he first moved, and his wife shot him a dirty look, worried that he was smoking near Garnet. He didn’t make that mistake a second time.

And even though he really shouldn’t have found her line about accosting children so funny… he just smiled and shook his head.

“My daughter is one of those new trainers, yeah. Me… I’m not anything, honestly.” He leaned back, and took his hat off so that he would have something to fidget with in his hands. Emmet’s hairline was definitely a little on the high side, and his roots were starting to show through the cheap dark red hair dye. Oh well. Next time he had money, he’d re-dye his hair. Maybe go back to his natural color, whatever that was.

“Daughter’s growing up, my wife left me, my boss fired me, never finished school….” Oh, great. He was starting to sound like a bad country song.

Emmet stared down at the fedora, embarrassed to have blurted his heart out to a stranger like that, in the middle of a plaza packed with kid trainers.

“I guess I’m just envious. Sorry about that.”

Last edited by a moderator:

|Tag:

@Ayari @Sunbather @Unlimited @Rissa |Josiah's Mood: |Bell's Mood: |

original.png

Bell (Sneasel)

sneasel.png
HP: 3

Att: 4

Def: 3

Sp. Att: 2

Sp. Def: 3

Spe: 5

Moves

• Quick Attack
  • Ice Shard
  • Snatch
  • Feint Attack

At the sound of another voice, Josiah turned his head to see a nervous looking girl who definitely didn't look like she was from around these parts. Since they were going to the lab anyway, he shrugged.

"Why not? We were just about headed there anyway. It's just that this guy," he pointed to the other male, "is the only one who knows how to get there. Now that I think about it, we don't know this guy's name. To redo introductions, I'm Josiah, this is Bell."

Sonny

Noibat fluttered around the laboratory front entrance, beating it's wings, making little
chips just loud enough to beckon his trainer's attention. Pursuing their destination had been a job - even with the mutual agreement they'd finally introduce themselves to the professor, it'd been another fifteen minutes before they got here. Crowds, kiosks and lethargy couldn't be blamed - it was just her trainer's wandering attention span that'd probably make her late to her own funeral. The little bat perched itself on a bird feeder, stealing a seed and nibbling on the shell with a few faint crunches, large eyes focused on his gradually nearing trainer. When she was finally just beneath him, he hopped down and secured a spot on her shoulder, watching as she rapped her knuckles on the front door, announcing her arrival before stepping inside - greeted by the hovering breath of cool air conditioning which gently tossed her hair and ruffled the little bat's mane. He rose his wings and stretched, welcoming the air with a little screech of contentment.

"Professor Willow?" Called the brunette, her voice just bordering silvery and loud - she combed her fingers across her scalp, letting warm brown locks fall where they may, lashes batting against high cheek bones as she absorbed the unfamiliar setting.

@Sunbather ‣ lab » Visiting Wllow ‣ theme

656.png

Attack: 3

Defense: 2

Sp. Attack: 3

Sp. Def: 2

Speed: 3

714.png

Attack: 2

Sp. Attack: 2

[/bg][/column]/centerblock][/row]

Praesidis

BLGeIVy.png

Hp: 3 Sp Att: 3

Att: 3 Sp Def: 2

Def: 2 Spe: 3

Aven

ogIgfc5.jpg

"Aven, pleasure to meet you all. This is my partner Praesidis." He motioned to the Growlithe who was sitting patently next to him, striking a very serious and attentive pose as he looked around. "If you all would like to depart, I have no problem showing you the way." He spoke clearly and kept a stoic look on his face as the last words drifted off his tongue, turning abruptly and starting toward the building that belonged to Professor Willow."It's this way ladies and gentlemen." He whistled for Praesidis who followed suit and barked happily, Aven walking slow enough as not to lose the group he was leading. Growlith had ignored the Pokemon who spoke to him, choosing to turn his nose up instead, a trait most likely learned from his master.

541ceaf9275b3405c86a448fd54c5a1b.png

Tags: @Sunbather @DreamBeat @Rissa @Unlimited

Pokémon team:

Artemis - Eevee

133MS.png

Att: 3

Def: 2

no slide
no slide Michifu - Espurr

677MS.png

Att: 2

Sp. Att: 3

no slide
no slide
Eleanor Rivers

When another person approached them, Ellen held on to her Espurr tighter, seeking the pokemon's comfort. The only response she got was a squeak of protest, as her embrace was a little too tight; she loosened her grip a little, although she was getting more nervous with each new person that joined their group. In a way this situation was convenient, too. She could try to blend in and hope that she wouldn't be expected to talk much, while at the same time she could pretend that she was actually being social for once. Look at her hanging out with so many new people and all!

But then came the introductions again. Ellen told herself that if she had done it once, she could do it again... Hopefully.

"My name is Eleanor, this is Michifu and that's Artemis," she explained again, realizing with pride that her voice sounded a little more natural and casual this time. Her two pokemon cried out in greeting when their names were mentioned. It was then when Ellen noticed that she was the odd one out, having two pokemon out at once. It was a bit of a habit of hers, but she couldn't help it. It would have been unfair to only let out one of them, she believed.

Glad that someone was going to show them the way to the lab, she followed Aven, with Michifu still in her arms. Meanwhile Artemis sighed with disappointment as the Growlithe ignored him. A shame, he was really looking forward to learning. He went after his trainer, staying closely behind, with his pointy ears moved back.

"Just promise me to be careful, okay? Khehe... Right on. Then shoo shoo, don't waste your time around the lab, start your journey!"

A group of three young boys, all of them holding a Pokemon in their little arms, began to run off, waving as they did so - A gesture the lavender haired woman returned. With a bright smile on her face, she turned on her heel to return to the labratory, as her eyes fell on a pair of trainers who looked a little too murky, almost, for the city's flair. With a few fleeting steps she crossed the distance between the two and her own lab.

"Can I help you fine folks at all?" she asked, a little too knowingly. She scanned both individuals up and down, eventually smiling. "You're that one girl's father, correct?" she finally asked, setting her eyes on the tattooed girl next to him. "That must be the older sibling?" she asked with a big, unbearably winning smile. "It's never too late your own journey, even if you're a little older than most of the kids." Professor Willow said in the direction of what she assumed was Emmet's first daughter.

"Well, if you'd excuse me for juuust a sec..." she said, turning towards the source of a sound that sounded a heck of a lot like her name. Once again, she tip-toed quickly and stood next to Sonny within moments. "Hia! I am Professor Willow. Nice to meetcha. I'm guessing you're here to start your journey?" Without awaiting her answer, she pulled out a document and a pen, handing it to the newly arrived girl. "You'll have to fill this out. Just cross whatever fits you. You know, like if you already have experience training and such stuff. Of course, you can cross off that you need a Pokemon." she stated, a finger pointing towards the little creature on Sonny's shoulder.

@tinkerbell

y9Oy2TH.png

Pok%C3%A9mon-Icon_353.png

Spe: 2

no slide
(sword) Moves

• Knock Off
  • Screech
  • Shadow Sneak

Pok%C3%A9mon-Icon_633.png

no slide
(sword) Moves

• Tackle
  • Dragon Rage
  • Focus Energy
  • Earth Power
  • Bite

Zoey Gibson

A small pout emerged out of Zoey's tiny mouth. Ophelia still floating around her head, now a little faster, as if to accentuate her trainer's mood.

"Then we shall not waste any more time!" she announced, a single arm outstratched into the direction Aven already motioned towards, as if she had decided not only to go there for everyone else present, but was responsible for even the labratory's location. Upon hearing yet another new voice, she swirled around gracefully without lowering her arm.

"My name is Zoey, and this is Ophelia." she introduced herself and nodded, a doll-like smile on her face. Once again, she reached out and opened her previously balled up fist to reveal a few wrapped candies. "Have some if you like. Now... I believe we were just about to visit the labratory. Shall we?"

@DreamBeat @Ayari @Unlimited @Rissa

anime-girl_011-1.jpg

Nero (Aron)
LVL 5Brave
HP:3SP:2
ATK:3DEF:4
Sp.ATK:2Sp.DEF:2
Sawyer

@welian

"Jealous?" Sawyer has to stop a moment to scoff. "Jealous of these kids running around with Pokemon stitched on their shirts?" She shakes her head, taking a drag. "How can you be jealous of that. Ignorance isn't bliss, it's just a chance to get hurt harder. Sounds to me like you've just got a good chance for a fresh start. They should be jealous of you" She points at him in an almost accusatory fashion before being intereupted.

Her grim visage cracks a bit. "Yeahhhh... See dad, it's not weird at all for a geezer like you to become a trainer. I mean you had me at like, 15, so you must still be kind of cool."

Sawyer stifled another laugh, putting her nearly finished cigarette out against the tree and taking the paperwork, scratching in as little information as possible.

Praesidis

BLGeIVy.png

Aven

ogIgfc5.jpg

Aven eyed the candy cautiously and opted not to take any, turning away from the girl and starting off toward the building that housed Professor Willow."No, thank you." He spoke over his shoulder before whistling for Praesidis to follow, the peppy puppy running after his owner with reckless abandon and almost taking out several humans. "Be careful Prae." Aven spoke in a harsh tone but carried a soft expression on his face, not wanting to be too hard on his companion. "Come, the lab is this way." He called to the group of people he had just met and waved his hand forward for them to follow.

Tags: @Unlimited @Rissa @DreamBeat @Sunbather

Pokémon team:

Artemis - Eevee

133MS.png

no slide

677MS.png

no slide
no slide
Eleanor Rivers

As Aven rejected the candy, Ellen hoped she would soon get a chance to get extra. It never hurt to have more candy. Well, unless one had to ask for them specifically, of course.

As the group walked down the roads of Pendulum, the girl looked around, taking in as many sights as possible. While she glanced curiously at every single pokemon or decoration they passed, she also tried to watch out for any large buildings that could be the lab. She couldn't wait to arrive there and officially start her adventure. She eventually spotted one off in the distance. While there were crowds everywhere, that one had a particularly large number of people chattering enthusiastically in front of it. Ellen felt her heart race with excitement.

"I wonder if that's the place,"
she whispered, leaning down to put her mouth close to Michifu's ear. The Espurr blinked, not knowing which place Eleanor was referring to. Unaware of her pokemon's confusion, the girl glanced discretely at each of her human companions to confirm that they had arrived at the right place. And also to check for their reactions. She couldn't be the only one who was getting nervous, right?

PCbB4e3.png
}

s k u l d l v l: 10

kLLTYfe.png

ATT: 2

DEF: 2

SPE: 3

SP. ATT: 2

SPECIES: VULPIX

Moves:

• Ember
  • Roar
  • Baby-Doll Eyes
  • Quick Attack

{/slide}{slide=
TJ4OnTS.png
}

v e r d a n d i l v l: 5

jmhH2dH.png

4zkr2A5.png

ATT: 3

DEF: 3
SPE: 2

SP. ATT: 3

SPECIES: SKRELP

Moves:

• Tackle
  • Smokescreen
  • Water Gun
  • Feint Attack

{/slide}{SLIDE=
E8UBNgR.png
}

Other

LOC: Pendulum

Mood: Nervous but extremely excited

{/slide}[/accordion]
Phoebe Zamora

Phoebe nodded her head and Josiah and his pokemon Bell then at the man named Aven whose growlithe was named Praesidis. He walked away as stoically and quickly as he’d introduced himself and Phoebe stood there silently in his wake after one of the ladies - the one with green hair - offered some candy. Outstretching her hand, she grabbed a few of the wrapped sweets, popping one in her mouth and putting the rest in her bag.

“My name is Phoebe,” she said with a smile, “and this is Skuld. It’s nice to meet you Zoey and Ophelia.” She turned her head to the rest of the people gathered. “It’s nice to meet you all. I’ll follow you guys to the lab, I’m sure you’re all as excited as I am.”

As a group they turned and followed Aven and Praesidis. The streets were lined with people and festivities and she looked down at Skuld with a grin on her face.

“Can you believe we’re almost there? It’s starting Skuld, our journey’s about to start!”

|Tag:

@Ayari @Sunbather @Unlimited @Rissa |Josiah's Mood: ? |Bell's Mood: Excited |

original.png

Bell (Sneasel)

sneasel.png

Moves

• Quick Attack
  • Ice Shard
  • Snatch
  • Feint Attack

Josiah followed the leader in a leisurely pace, and Bell was calm in his arms. With each step, she grew visibly more excited, more so than Josiah. To be truthful, Josiah didn't feel anything special. His face reverted to his default expression of boredom for the rest of the walk to the lab. As expected, this crowded city was starting to wear on his patience. Bell seemed to like this lively atmosphere though. He almost sighed in relief when Eleanor seemed to have her attention on a specific place. Looking over to where she had her eyes, it seemed like the correct place. They continued to walk in that general direction, so it seemed like Eleanor was correct.

Now that he was moments away from actually starting his journey, he could feel the thump of his beating against his chest. Josiah was suddenly more aware of his beating heart and couldn't breathe normally. Making a conscious effort to breathe properly, his hold on Bell slightly tightened. Bell, in return, patted him arm comfortingly. His lips quirked up slightly. Okay. He was ready.

"I think," he mumbled.

836554.jpg

Totendanz (Duskull)
LVL 6Calm
HP:1SP:1
ATK:1DEF:4
Sp.ATK:2Sp.DEF:5
@Teh Frixz @Sunbather
Emmet Slater

Older sibling? What? Emmet looked between himself and the young woman he had been chatting with. Her? Mistaken for his daughter?

“It’s not out of the realm of possibility,” he said responded quietly, thinking of the company he kept as a young man. He watched her fill out the paperwork, his fingers tapping on the brim of his fedora. She was joking, but… maybe he could still be cool? If he earned a gym badge, even – would Garnet be proud of him? Would his ex-wife think he had ambition? Maybe even take him back?

… No. That last one was too much. They fell out of love years ago. There was no going back. Emmet brushed his hair back with his hand, thinking. Maybe the kids should be jealous of him. He knew how to handle himself. Well, not that he ever went camping, but in the city… he knew who to talk to and how, and where not to go. Garnet didn’t. If she ended up in some dingy alleyway, lost, some hoodlum might see her bright, naïve eyes and –

“I’ll do it,” Emmet announced, surprising himself with his own confidence. “It’ll be a father-daughter bonding experience.”

"Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh?"

Professor Willow shuffled backwards, quickly readying the kid she had spoken to, and now seemed to be very interested in the newly arrived man's decision. She was renowned for her uncomfortably precise intuition, and this was a case no different. With a slick grin that stretched across her whole face, she eyed Emmet up and down, then clapped her hands.
"Delightful! So, Misterrr...?", she asked, but didn't wait for an answer, "Do you own a Pokemon, or are you entirely new to the training circus like your youngest?" A hint of playful condescension lingered about, but faded away as the professor got a stack of papers. "Also, since it is rather uncommon for men of your age to begin their journey, would you like to sign up as a chaperone?" she asked, tugging at a specific document amongst the others. "We like to send younglings off in groups, and it's always nice to have someone oversee them. If you decide to sign up as a chaperone, you'll be registered in the Network and receive occassional goodie... erm... compensation for doing so."

She smiled brightly and continously shifted her gaze from Emmet to Sawyer, waiting for either one to say something.

@welian @Teh Frixz

y9Oy2TH.png

no slide
(sword) Moves

• Knock Off
  • Screech
  • Shadow Sneak

no slide
(sword) Moves

• Tackle
  • Dragon Rage
  • Focus Energy
  • Earth Power
  • Bite

Zoey Gibson

The group closed in on the labratory, where the ruckus was concentrated and overwhelming. It was also here that the amount of newly distributed Pokemon was at its highest. Zoey looked around with great interest, and even though her gait and posture suggested a calm and collected state of mind, her large eyes and wild head movements betrayed her.

"I believe we are here" she noted, catching a glimpse of lavender hair she had seen on the Connex Network plenty of times. They'd really meet Professor Willow, live and in color.

"Should we wait until she is done with the two or..." she aksed into the group, unsure how to behave exactly. It continued to get harder not to act childish in the spur of the moment. "I would not want to upset the Professor..."

@DreamBeat @Ayari @Unlimited @Rissa

Sonny

"It's never too late to start your own journey, even if you're a little older than most of the kids."

"
Must be tough," Sun murmured to her little companion, who chirped in wonder from her shoulder. A little older was putting it lightly, but Sun could appreciate that encouragement from the professor, honestly she wasn't wrong, the girl had a chance and that older guy... Well, she just didn't know. Chaperone rubbed her the wrong way, though. Does that imply I could get stuck traveling with them? With people in general when I leave here? Her brows meshed together - that messed with her plans, which were in all honesty just made up of winging it and barely getting by, but still!

"Hiya! I am Professor Willow. Nice to meetcha." The sudden quip made Sonny feel as though she'd been caught thinking what she was, a bit of warmth spreading across her face. She murmured a likewise, but the woman before her was quick to direct. "I'm guessing you're here to start your journey? You'll have to fill this out. Just cross whatever fits you. You know, like if you already have experience training and such stuff. Of course, you can cross off that you need a Pokemon."

Chrom peered down eagerly at the papers it's trainer had been given, unable to understand even a fraction of it but he could tell with the atmosphere, things were happening! He beat his wings, ignoring his trainer's patient
shush as she walked over to a little line up of chairs and started to fill out the packet. "This is pretty official," she murmured, fingers to her temples, "Packets of paper mean being responsible. Gross." She and Chrom snickered, already neglecting to get something finished.

N/A | Pendulum | Visiting Wllow

large.jpg
656.png

Attack: 3

Sp. Attack: 3

714.png

Attack: 2

Sp. Attack: 2

/centerblock]

|Tag:

@Ayari @Sunbather @Unlimited @Rissa |Josiah's Mood: Nervous |Bell's Mood: Excited |

original.png

Bell (Sneasel)

sneasel.png

Moves

• Quick Attack
  • Ice Shard
  • Snatch
  • Feint Attack

"Should we wait until she is done with the two or... I would not want to upset the Professor..."

"I don't know anything about Professor Willow, but maybe we should wait. They look kinda busy. Crowding will make everything worse.." Looking around, it looked like he wasn't the only one who was feeling a bit weird. Was this nervousness? Josiah didn't feel nervous very often, so he couldn't accurately describe it earlier, but he thought he was feeling nervous now. Standing with his group, he patiently waited until the professor was done. Bell wasn't so patient, though, since she climbed up to him shoulders and started chewing on his hair. Josiah sighed, but didn't say anything else. He was used to her weird tendencies already.

Tags: @DreamBeat @Sunbather @Rissa @Unlimited

Pokémon team:

Artemis - Eevee

133MS.png

no slide

677MS.png

no slide
no slide
Eleanor Rivers

Ellen peeked inside of the lab as well. Yes, it certainly seemed like the professor was busy. The girl had to admit, she had no idea how long these procedures took, nor what she was supposed to do herself when it's her turn. She withdrew and leaned with her back against the wall. So waiting it was. Ellen wasn't exactly the most patient type. She wouldn't do anything rude like rushing others, but she couldn't quite control herself... She played with her fingers nervously for a while and when that got boring, she played with Michifu's soft ears, much to the pokemon's annoyance, only expressed by a grimace. The Espurr didn't want to ruin her trainer's fun.

Artemis had a better idea of what trainers should do when they're waiting for something. He looked lazily at each of the gathered up pokemon. A Sneasel, she seemed strong. The ghost-type... They were usually tricky. He could never quite damage them, for some reason. The other two looked like fire-types... He'd have a good chance against those, maybe... The Eevee observed them, wagging his tail with interest. He couldn't remember the last time he had had a good battle. He came up to Ellen and nuzzled her legs to get her attention. When the girl looked at him, he tilted his head towards the other pokemon.

"No, Art, this is not the time to battle,"
she reasoned in a whisper. It was partially an excuse. The truth was she would be too nervous to battle in front of all of these new people.

y9Oy2TH.png

(sword) Moves

• Knock Off
  • Screech
  • Shadow Sneak

(sword) Moves

• Tackle
  • Dragon Rage
  • Focus Energy
  • Earth Power
  • Bite

Zoey Gibson

Zoey weasled her way in front of the group. She stood on her toe-tips to peak onto the documents the woman they figured was Professor Willow had handed out. Unfortunately, from afar, it was impossible to read the fine print. Zoey wondered if it'd take a long time to fill out all the papers that apparently were required to get registered and started, only to realize how uncouth she had been behaving, taking the front spot. Oh my, she mumbled, and subtly stepped back to disappear into the background of the taller part of the group.

Professor Willow continued to attend aspiring rookies, and Zoey couldn't help but notice the young girl's nervous movements. Eleanor rubbed the ears of her Pokemon, and Zoey gave a small, dainty giggle. She then gently tapped the girl in the side, closing her eyes and giving her a bright smile

"Looks like your Eevee is really a spirited little one. Would you like to have a Pokemon battle while we wait? It wouldn't even show up on our profile, because we are not yet registered. It could be a good warm up for our journy." she explained, sounding rather excited. "I am not a very good trainer, I'm afraid, but Ophelia is a very good Pokemon." Her confession sounded sincere, as did her praise of her Shuppet.

@Ayari

Praesidis

BLGeIVy.png

Aven

ogIgfc5.jpg

Aven looked behind to see that the others had stopped and sighed lightly, backtracking to stand with them. "Waiting seems best, I would hate to interrupt her while she was with someone else." He sounded a little irritated at the thought of having to wait just a little bit longer but he knew it was the best, patience was a virtue after all. He raised hos brow at the thought of watching the two girls battle, snapping at Prae to come to his side. The obedient Pokemon sat next to Aven and quietly sniffed the air looking for something interesting. "A battle to pass the time sounds like a fair plan, I wouldn't mind seeing what the others who were summoned by Willow can do." He allowed a smirk to grow in place of his usual disinterested look as he waited to see if they would follow through.

Tags: @Sunbather

Pokémon team:

Artemis - Eevee

133MS.png

no slide

677MS.png

no slide
no slide
Eleanor Rivers

Ellen's eyes widened at the suggestion of a battle. Her gaze shifted nervously from Zoey to her Shuppet and back. A battle? She was still timid about battling in front of everyone and Artemis didn't know any moves that could affect a ghost type. But wouldn't it be rude to say no? She couldn't just reject this proposal, Zoey seemed to be interested in it. And Artemis especially seemed very willing to battle.

"Okay! Let's try it," the girl answered as a tiny smile formed on her lips. Despite all the cons of this battle, she was willing to try it too. Battles were always exciting! Even if she had little hope of winning, she would make sure to enjoy this! Ellen walked away from the laboratory's wall to find a spot where they could have more room. She'd hate to end up causing trouble. "Art, ready for this?"

The Eevee barked eagerly, stepping forward to place himself between his trainer and Zoey. He lowered the front of his body on bent paws and watched the Shuppet eagerly. She seemed like a tough opponent, but he'd do his best! With the power of Swift and Sand Attack and... He knew that they never really worked on ghost pokemon like Ophelia, but there always had to be the first time... Right?

y9Oy2TH.png

(sword) Moves

• Knock Off
  • Screech
  • Shadow Sneak

(sword) Moves

• Tackle
  • Dragon Rage
  • Focus Energy
  • Earth Power
  • Bite

Zoey Gibson and Eleanor Rivers

Zoey nodded.
"Wonderful. Our first battle in Occas..." She smiled down, glancing at her intwined fingers in front of her abdomen. She gave Ophelia a glance and gave her a smile, as well.

"Well then... let us duel." she said and took a more confident posture. "I take it you're gonna start off with your Eevee?"

Ellen put her hands together, playing with her fingers nervously. So it was. The first battle... Well, perhaps she had battled in Occas before, but it was mostly for training. Besides, she wouldn't dare to argue with Zoey's statement. She wasn't quite the type.

Ellen and Artemis both glanced at each other at the same time. This meaningful exchange convinced the girl that her Eevee had to be her first choice; she couldn't say no to the eagerness in his eyes. Looking back at Zoey, Ellen nodded. Michifu, who had been placed down on the ground for the sake of her trainer's comfort, clung to the girl's legs for support.

"Um, are you using your Shuppet?" The trainer asked, glancing at Ophelia. She had found the courage to point something out. "I-I don't think Artemis can attack her..."

Smiling, Zoey traced her finger in a circle, Ophelia levitating and following its motions.
"That seems unfair." she thought out loud, and her Shuppet wiggled around disapprovingly. Zoey glanced at the little cat Pokemon clinging to Eleanor's legs, and smiled. "Maybe Ophelia can try herself against that Espurr, but for now..."

Zoey took one of the two tiny Pokeballs that hung like chimes around her chest area's ribbon. It enlarged immediately, and soon flew into the air.
"Please help out, Micolash." she said, her voice hard to read. Upon parting, the typical bright light emitted from the device, revealing a small shape.

"DEINOOOoOo!"

The Pokemon now revealed, the Deino seemed hyped up, much less composed than its trainer or the Shuppet.

"Shall we?" Zoey asked, looking at Eleanor.

[A collaboration with
@Ayari]

Pokémon team:

Artemis - Eevee

133MS.png

no slide

677MS.png

no slide
no slide
Eleanor Rivers and Zoey Gibson

Collaboration with @Sunbather

Ellen held back a sigh of relief as Zoey decided to use another pokemon. Yes, good job, Ellen, good job on speaking up about this! With this, she would have a good chance, perhaps she would even win this very special battle!... Her enthusiasm died out when Zoey sent out a Deino. Out of all the pokemon, it had to be a Deino. The girl thought back to the faithful encounter with another trainer and the battle with their Deino, that one encounter that marked the start of her dislike for the dragon-type... But it couldn't be helped. Deino or not, she had to try as hard as she could. In the name of all the non-dragon-type pokemon of the world, Artemis and Ellen had to show everyone that they can win!

Artemis looked back to check up on his trainer, knowing well that seeing this opponent was probably not very pleasant to her. Ellen watched the Deino in focus for a moment, before snapping out of it and giving Artemis the command,
"Alright, Art! Let's go with Quick Attack!"

Artemis nodded in confirmation before turning back to face his opponent. He charged at Deino at full speed and jumped up on the last second to leap at him and push him back.

Zoey watched on in shock as the Eevee came sprinting. It was so fast! Deine seemed to be glad to finally be able and unleash some of its jittery energy. Psyched, it ran head on, not caring where the Eevee was positioned.

"Mico..."

Zoey was concerned, but clenched her fist, trying to build up some confidence.
"Micolash! Dragon Rash, now!"

The Deino ignored its trainer's command, however, and instead ran straight at the Eevee. Comically, almost, they missed one another in their wild sprints, wit Deine ending up close to Eleanor, snarling.

Eevee: 3/3HP

Deino: 3/3HP

[dice]23868[/dice]

[dice]23869[/dice]

(proper roll for Sunbather defense due to misunderstanding)

[dice]23872[/dice]

[dice]23874[/dice]

[dice]23875[/dice]

Ellen crossed her fingers and rooted for her little Eevee, watching as he charged at the dragon. The tension seemed to be building up with each millisecond... but in the end nothing happened, both pokemon missed each other. As a result of his charge, the Deino ended up in front of her. The girl grimaced unpleasantly, trying to focus on the battle. But with the surprising outcome of no pokemon being damaged, she saw another opportunity. She had to act fast.

"Let's try again, Art! Quick attack!" Ellen commanded and Artemis turned back, after landing softly on the ground close to Zoey. He charged back at Deino, attempting to make use of this temporary confusion and make up for his earlier miss with his speed.

Micolash was too slow in turning around. Just as he turned, the little Eevee already had made contact, sending Deino scraping over the floor, now directly in front of Ellen's feet.

"Do not give up! Retaliate with a Bite!"

This time, it seemed Deino felt compelled to follow its trainer's orders. It pushed itself in the eye with its stubby legs and came flying, its mouth widening. With an uncomfortable sound, its little teeth dug into te Eevee's tail, not wanting to let go.

Eevee: 2/3HP

Deino 1.5/3HP

[dice]23877[/dice]

[dice]23878[/dice]

[dice]23880[/dice]

[dice]23879[/dice]

Ellen squeaked in dismay when the opponent's pokemon ended up so close to her. She closed her eyes for a moment, hoping that the dragon would no longer be there when she opens them. Indeed, it was not; instead, it was attached to Artemis' tail. The girl gasped in surprise, realizing that this outcome was even worse.

"Eek! Art, push him off! Use Tackle!" Ellen commanded, eager to help her partner get rid of his biting problem.

The Eevee struggled. He tried to set his tail free, but the Deino's grip was too strong. He tried to turn around or push the opponent away with his hind paws, but it didn't seem to work out.

Zoey smiled, though a quick glance over to Eleanor revealed an emphatically furrowed brow. She bit her lower lip, then clenched her fist in determination.

"Now, Micolash! Earth Power!"

The Deino held onto Artemis, but now kept its stubby legs grounded, as suddenly, a little pile of gravel seemed to errupt from below the Eevee, pushing into it like a punch, just as Deino let go, allowing its opoonent to fly away due to the force.

"Wow...!" Zoey uttered. Her grandfather had bred one strong Pokemon.

[dice]23881[/dice]

[dice]23882[/dice]

[dice]23889[/dice]

[dice]23888[/dice]

Artemis crashed heavily onto the ground after being launched up by Micolash's attack. Ellen gasped with concern, waiting to see whether her pokemon was still able to battle or not. Fortunately, the Eevee stood back up, although with some effort. He had some bruises here and there, but he gave the opponent a determined glare, as if to let them that it was not over yet.

"Art, we can do this!" Ellen encouraged, attempting to convince both herself and her partner. "Use Swift!"

A number of shiny stars appeared in the air surrounding the Eevee. The pokemon aimed carefully and launched them at the opponent.

Zoey saw the stars emerging next to the normal type Pokemon and raised her hand.

"Let us end this, Mico! Focus Energy!" The Deino replied with a battlecry and stared down its opponent. Pumping itself up, even the shooting stars couldn't phaze its determination.

"Tackle!"

With the command given, Deino rushed towards Eevee, jumping right through the oncoming stars and tackled it into the dust.

Deino screamed victoriously, and Zoey simply raised a hand, holding it in front of her mouth in surprise.

"You... You did it!"

Eevee: 0/3HP

Deino 1.5/3HP

[dice]23897[/dice]

[dice]23898[/dice]

[dice]23903[/dice]

[dice]23904[/dice]

Ellen watched the stars with intense focus, seeing them as her only hope of winning the battle against the ferocious beast, known as Deino. Unfortunately for her and her Eevee, the Swift didn't work out as intended. Both the pokemon and his trainer held their breath when the opponent was taking the hit, waiting to see if it would damage him at least a bit. But the Deino was unfazed by the attack, much to the dismay of both Ellen and Artemis. Their surprise was also used against them, when Deino charged back at Eevee, sending him flying and crashing into the ground again.

"Art! Are you okay?" Ellen asked with worry, frowning. Her partner gave a weak cry, as if to let her know that he was still alive, but he no longer had the strength to stand. The girl gave an aww of disappointment and returned him to his pokeball. "Good job, Art! Next time we'll do better okay?" she whispered to the pokeball before putting it down.

As expected, this time again she couldn't defeat a Deino. But she was much closer than last time! That was very encouraging. She just had to train harder!

"Th-thank you for this battle, Zoey," Ellen said to the other trainer with a blush and a content smile. "It's been fun. If you'd like... Can we battle again sometime? For a rematch!"

|Tag:

@Ayari @Sunbather @Unlimited @Rissa |Josiah's Mood: |Bell's Mood: |

original.png

Bell (Sneasel)

sneasel.png

Moves

• Quick Attack
  • Ice Shard
  • Snatch
  • Feint Attack

Bell wriggled on Josiah's shoulders as the battle ensued. Her claws clenched and unclenched her partner's hair, tugging at it as Mico struck Artemis. They were giving their all. Her eyes were wide with near crazed excitement. She wanted to battle. She wanted to! She wanted to-

Disappointed filled her at Josiah's gentle touch, and she she slumped, her head now resting on his head.

"You'll get to battle soon." A small smirk-like smile graced his face as his dark brown eyes intently stared at the battle ground. "And then we'll have fun." Josiah felt Bell nod and nodded himself. He spoke up. "That was a pretty cool battle. At this rate, you could probably beat a lot of gym leaders. Especially that Deino guy. With some more experience, Artemis looks like she could be really strong. Nice job."

anime-girl_011-1.jpg

Nero (Aron)
LVL 5Brave
HP:3SP:2
ATK:3DEF:4
Sp.ATK:2Sp.DEF:2
Sawyer

@welian

Without waiting, Sawyer attempted her own version of seizing the day. "He'll do it and I'll go with him, that way he won't seem so out of place and you'll have an extra set of eyes on him." It was a bit risky but with her funds dwindling lower and lower, it might just be the move that'd keep her and her pokemon's stomachs full.

She looks the fedora wearing man up and down again, trying to get a gauge on how this could turn out. He was dressed nice enough, he must have some sort of income in order to be able to splurge on dorky things so it was probably a safe bet.

"So where's sis at? You can tell her the good news and we can get started. What's the best way to go Professor? Or at least whats the first badge we should pick up?"

y9Oy2TH.png

(sword) Moves

• Knock Off
  • Screech
  • Shadow Sneak

(sword) Moves

• Tackle
  • Dragon Rage
  • Focus Energy
  • Earth Power
  • Bite

Zoey Gibson

Zoey remained still for a moment. Her disbelief faded bit by bit and exploded upon hearing Eleanor's congratulating words. Suddenly, a smile appeared on her face, and she raised her hands in defense.

"No-no-no, thank YOU. It was a wonderful experience." she assured and let her head fall. "Of course", she said with a warm smile, "once we get stronger, we will battle once again."

She blushed hearing Josiah's praise, and Deino screeched happily but tired.
"You deserve some rest, Mico. Thank you for trying so hard."

And with that, the sound of her Deino being recalled went off.

@DreamBeat @Ayari

"My, that was wonderful!"

A woman in a lab coat came towards the group with a big smile.

"Some very talented rookies this year, I can tell! Are you all traveling together? How cute!" She swooned over the group, not waiting for an answer. Instead, she produced the documents she gave everyone for each one of the group's members.

"It's mostly standard contract gibberish. Third site does ask you some important stuff though, like wether you need a starter and so on. You obviously don't, but still. Important." She shrugged, then smirked.

"Alright lovelies, while you sign this, I'll take care of the gentleman and his daughter. Excuse me for a second."

@Unlimited @Rissa @DreamBeat @Manaciel @Ayari

She had shuffled across the plaza in front of her lab, and stopped by the islander-looking girl.

"Alright. All done? If so, please just put the whole thing in that drawer-thingy over there." She pointed to a metal-looking flap, on which another girl and a young boy currently stood and reluctantly entered their documents. "They will be scanned, and if everything's good, you'll get a Pokedex! After that... well, you wanna come to me again, because I have to verify and activate your Connex Network profile."

Professor Willow smiled and hurried away once again.

@tinkerbell

Little droplets of sweat showed on her pale forehead. Like The Flash, she sprinted all across the plaza, even into the lab sometimes, and helped every newcomer. Now returning to the older man and his daugter, Willow had brought a document she hadn't give much today.

"This little baby is the chaperone contract. It's not much, but of course we have to make sure chaperones are suitable. Gotta have kids or social work yada,yada. " She made a gesture as if she was fast-forwarding a giant tape casette.

Once more, she pointed to the flap.
"Once you two are done, you can enter it over there. It'll scan everything, then give you a Pokedex depending on wether you have one or not. If you have, it can upgrade yours to our region."

Willow had spoken without breaks, and now inhaled deeply.

"Sorry. Ooookay. So yeah, Pokedex. Once you got it, come see me inside the lab. I'll activate it and activate both of your Network profiles, and also verify you as a chaperone. All good?"

@welian @Teh Frixz [/FONT]

[FONT=Karla]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back