• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Colosseum [Detailed] L I M I T L E S S (everybody's OP)

What setup should this roleplay be?

• Tournament

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tournament (Permanent Death)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Point System (No Elimination)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Swoob

listen here bucko
Hello, RpN!

I decided to impulsively create a Colosseum RP, Limitless, and am in the middle of making the world. I don't know how to do interest checks as this is my first time GMing so please bear with me <3

Pretty much the main idea that Limitless is built around is, surprisingly, no limits. A character can be almost anything, come from anywhere, and they can be as overpowered as you want. Of course, however, there are some limits to keep the experience fun, like no Absolute Powers that trump everything else.

However, while I am giving the RPers lots of freedom, this is still a DETAILED ROLEPLAY. Though you can technically make your character anything, I am expecting them to be of high quality. In addition, for extra precautions, I will most likely ask for a small writing sample in the character sheet. I want good writing that shows that effort was put into it. I will be a bit strict when it comes to these things, but I won't be rude nor unaccepting. More information will be given when I actually put up the rp, but please know what you're signing up for.

I was originally deciding whether to make this a Colosseum rp with 1 on 1 fighting or a normal one with more complex connections. But I couldn't decide so I said "fuck it ill do both." I'm starting this rp with intent for it to end, and then, if all truly goes well, I will make a sequel rp set in the "real world."

As a final note, I have a poll up at the top for the nature of this rp. I am still deciding whether to make it a Tournament rp, involving brackets and elimination, or one with a point system so nobody is thrown out of the game right away. If you have an opinion, feel free to voice yours by voting or commenting below.

If you want to join and wish to be tagged when the rp comes out, feel free to comment below, PM me, or whatever you feel like. Also feel free to ask any questions below. That's all I have to say for now, thank you for listening to me c:

if i didn't tag you, please don't take it to heart, i just don't want to tag everybody i know and I'm also leaving out some of the Discord regulars <3 (and if i bother u by tagging u, sorry ;- ;)

@Pine @Giyari @Musician @Poe @korigon @Elle Joyner @Coin @King Of Imagination @KiraInfinite

i feel like i forgot a lot of people but w/e

Ohhh, lemmie know what happens with this, I may be interested depending on what comes out of it :P

Damn it Swim, why can't we seem to match our interests? *weeps* I'm sorry, but I don't think coliseum roleplays are my jam. Best of luck tho. ԅ(≖‿≖ԅ)

Hello, thank you guys so much for showing interest in this rp c:

I'm currently working on all the posts and going all-out on the BBCode (though I've never used it much before :P ) to give you guys some pretty stuff to look at, so putting up the rp might take a while.

For now, I'll release some information to help you guys start thinking:

For the "real world" setting outside of the arena, all the characters will live within a "unified galaxy" called Lyra. By unified, I mean that most of the planets within Lyra sustain life, and most of those have gained knowledge of the other planets, the majority of which have established connections with each other.

Now, with my theme of giving everyone as much freedom as possible, I am giving you the option of creating your own planet. This entails getting a picture of the planet and describing what it's like as you see fit. Some good things to include are the appearance and climate of the surface, some of the life that exists on it, how much it's populated and its wealth.

In addition to that, you may create your own city or area from which your character originates (I trust that you will know how to describe this). You only have to create the city or area which your character comes from.

Of course, this is a very large piece of work, so I am working on setting up 3 example planets with their own cities and areas: Sitia, a futuristic Earth; Xegregantu, a fiery, desolate planet; and Alsari, a green planet teeming with life. These next parts I will stress greatly, as they are very important. You can absolutely decide to have your character originate from or live in one of these 3 example planets and any of the example areas/cities. But even if you decide to base your character in Sitia, Xegregantu or Alsari, you do not have to limit yourself to the cities/areas I have already given. Feel free to make your own home. Please don't feel like you have to go to these places. If you would like to make your own planet and/or feel as though the example planets don't fit your character, by all means, go ahead. The more places, the better. I don't want everybody to be cramped into the same few areas. However, I also don't want you too spread out. Feel free to join a place that another character lives in. You can join anybody's planet/area/city with their permission.

If you wish to live in any of the examples I've given, simply put down the name of it and you won't have to describe it. Also, be sure to vote at the top poll! Currently, there's a tie between a permadeath tournament rp and a point system rp, both with 2 votes. No-permadeath tournament has 1.

Thank you, and I hope I can make this rp to your liking. c:

Last edited by a moderator:
ProxCnC said:
Should we create characters now?
You can certainly start thinking of what to do for them, but I'd say stay away from making a character sheet for now since I still need to make one for you guys to fill out :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back