• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern /Detailed: Cat Cafe

A Simple Egg

Eggs will rule

Yes, it's the Cat Cafe role play no one asked for and no one really wanted either.

Plot

"A hush falls across the less than crowded crowd, made mostly of family members and tourists with nothing better to do. Slow, deliberate but slightly shaky movements control the hands, your hands, holding the plastic-painted-gold scissors as they are lowered to the red ribbon stretched across the doorway. A snip, a thrown open door and the cheery tinkle of a bell mix with the half hearted cheers of the onlookers, and Domicile, the product of your entire life savings, is finally open for business."

Welcome to Domicile, a newly opened Cat Cafe located in the calmer streets of London. You, along with six others, have been hired to work in the small but hopefully eventually growing shop, knowing, of course, that you will be on minimum wage and will be made to double as a cleaner, which means working over time. Add that with the fact you have to work there 6 hours 7 days a week, at least until the business hopefully sets off, it's not the best job opportunity, and your most likely only in it either for the cats, out of the goodness of your heart, or you simply can't get hired anywhere else. Either way, maybe, despite the obvious negatives, this job won't turn out so bad after all.

Information

So yeah, this will just basically be a role play about a newly opened cat cafe which is struggling to lift off, making the employees work load ridiculous. But since it's always been the Managers dream to open one of these, they have managed to find a rag tag team of individuals who will actually agree to the terms. I won't be looking for gangsta characters or crooks who wouldn't get hired anywhere else, the manager wouldn't be
that desperate, just typical teens on a gap year or people who haven't gone to Uni (college?) or just wanted to work with cats, something like that.

Arcs

I will be using an arc technique to tell the story, which I completely ripped off from a role play I'm in which the mod of that role play completely ripped off from a role play their in. Yeah, I think,that's worded right. Basically, their would be multiple different, say, sub plots evolved. The arcs I have planned are basically:

1) First day/week. Meeting the other employees and getting to maybe even like them, meeting their cat (to be explained later) and meeting the rival cafe (to be explained later). That sorta thing

2) Rival cafe challenges them to some sorta competition or something

3) Officials coming in, characters have to struggle to keep cafe open

So yeah, pretty brief, I would really appreciate some ideas for that. In fact, feel free to give advice for any of this.

Characters

The open roles would be:

The manager - Taken

(Again, this character would have to be enthusiastic about the cafe)

Waiter 1 - Taken

Waiter 2 - Takem

Head Cook - Taken

Cook 1 - Taken

Cook 2 - Open (Male)

Barrister - Taken

Other than that main cast there will be a few other roles, like the manager and perhaps some employees from the rival cafe (to be explained later) and maybe some officials or somethings, but those will be such minor roles I'd prefer if I or one of the people playing the main cast played them, and they most likely wouldn't appear until later.

I realally want a diverse cast, like one from an anime or a cartoon. The tension between the, should be friendly and sorta comical. The characters should all be kinda typical, you know, the whole fat and loud chef or big and friendly chef, that sorta thing, and I want them to be loud. Not nescesand I will be accepting them for that, not first in best dressed, not best character, but how they react to each other. So sorry if your not accepted, it's nothing personal.

Cats

All the cats in the cafe would be taken from an animal shelter or off the streets or something and they would all be for sale, although not cheap, except for 7 of them. Each character will have a cat they have a specific bond with, perhaps sharing a personality trait with the owner or something

Rival Cafe

I'm thinking of having a rival Cafe, though not a cat one, situated across the street or something. The workers would be competitive jerks, that sorta typical thing. I'm still digging for a name, since Domicile means home in French, or at least according to Google Translator it does, I want the name to have meaning as well. Something cold. Feel free to give advice, again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I have the time to join, but I applaud you for making this roleplay. Cat cafes are everything that's pure in the world.

Thank you everyone, i really didn't think anyone would want to participate in this since it's a rather different subject but turns out I was wrong :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back