• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Your IQ is WHAT!?! (Reboot)

Freddie

(If you're waiting on a thread to be posted that I promised, hang tight- I can't make any rps until I'm able to work off of mobile)

Your IQ is WHAT!?! Reboot
OVERVIEW

It's no secret that those who are brilliant are often eccentric, and have difficulty fitting into mainstream society. The garage was designed for these people, geniuses, to give them a home. Whether your talent is academics or art, or anything in between, there's a place at the garage for you. The only thing the garage asks in return is that you be present, you help support the upkeep, and that you respect the other members. Welcome home.

REVISIONS

So... You may be wondering what would make this version different from its predessesor. In short, there would be more established plot points mapped out before the IC roleplaying happens. There would also be more character development prior to IC roleplaying, and a greater opportunity for people to play non-genius characters if they'd wish, while still keeping the focus on the prodigies.

Also, thus is largely based on CBS's Scorpion, and if people would like to follow a similar storyline with OCs, we could do that too.

SAMPLE PLOT POINTS

-It's no secret that the job market is small for someone who is a prodigy in botany, for example. Really, many people living in the garage struggle with unemployment, and the bills pile up. How do the Mensa Misfits respond to the utilities being cut off?

-There's a knock on the door- no one wants to answer it but then a badge is slud under the door. There's no escaping the cops, but turns out that they aren't on you about stealing electricity from a neighbor- they need your help to solve a crime.

-A member of the team searches the Deep Web for job opportunities, which is just asking for trouble. What happens when they find something they shouldn't have?

-There's a knock on the door and several persistent phone calls. Who's the mystery man/woman, and what do they want with the garage members.

-A new person comes to join the garage, a few new people follow. How do the existing members cope?

Anyways, let me know if anyone would be interested in this- I'd love to make a reboot.

I'm still interested in this, and I think making a plot beforehand is a really good idea. I mean, you can see where it went without a plot in mind.

Quick question. What would be the role of the non-genius characters? I have a character (see signature... hah...) who's not a genius, but he's a super emotional, touchy-feely sort of guy, which might make him a good foil for all of the distant characters that tend to crop up in the high-IQ crowd. It'd be nice to know exactly what he'd be doing first, though.

[QUOTE="London Fog]Quick question. What would be the role of the non-genius characters?

[/QUOTE]
Alright so the non-genius characters could be parents/siblings/partners/etc. of the genius characters or... if we were to follow a bit the plot of Scorpion, the non-genius character could be an employer, or a part of the team that helps them translate "normal" people when it comes to jobs. Or something else entirely if someone has a good idea about that- I'm pretty open.

I LOVE your signature, by the way!

I would absolutely love to be a part of this. Also a question, these geniuses can be a genius at anything right? Like any field of study they chose to specialize in or are naturally talented in? Just wanted to confirm.

Alright, thank you (for the info and the compliment)! As per the thing I edited in, I'm sure I'll be able to find a place for him within the roleplay. Maybe team medic? He's medically trained and a total mother hen, and he probably couldn't handle living alone anyway. Or if anyone's got any other ideas, the link to his profile is in my signature below the image. If there's a role you think would suit him better, do tell me.

CrimsonEclipse said:
I would absolutely love to be a part of this. Also a question, these geniuses can be a genius at anything right? Like any field of study they chose to specialize in or are naturally talented in? Just wanted to confirm.
Yep- any kind of genius. Last time, I played a botany genius, which I'll probably continue with. But there could be all sorts of people- computer whiz people, mechanical people, math wizards, etc.

[QUOTE="London Fog]Alright, thank you (for the info and the compliment)! As per the thing I edited in, I'm sure I'll be able to find a place for him within the roleplay. Maybe team medic? He's medically trained and a total mother hen, and he probably couldn't handle living alone anyway. Or if anyone's got any other ideas, the link to his profile is in my signature below the image. If there's a role you think would suit him better, do tell me.

[/QUOTE]
I love that, and I think he'd make an excellent foil and valuable resource!

Howdy,

I'm very interested in this roleplay!

<p><a contenteditable="false" rel="external nofollow" href="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/14681-jujubee/" data-mentionid="14681">@JujuBee</a>@JasmineBlooms@hitman654@Zelda18@TurtleGod@theunderwolf@Dethrix@Xylona@London Fog@CrimsonEclipse@TheHarlequinnCat</p>

<p>

I'd love to have you and your characters!!! <a href="<___base_url___>/threads/your-iq-is-what-reboot.143544/" rel="">Your IQ is WHAT?!? (Reboot) | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum</a></p>

<p>

<a contenteditable="false" rel="external nofollow" href="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/14681-jujubee/" data-mentionid="14681">@JujuBee</a>@JasmineBlooms@hitman654@Zelda18@TurtleGod@theunderwolf@Dethrix@Xylona@London Fog@CrimsonEclipse@TheHarlequinnCat</p>

<p>

I'd love to have you and your characters!!! <a href="<___base_url___>/threads/your-iq-is-what-reboot.143544/" rel="">Your IQ is WHAT?!? (Reboot) | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum</a></p>

Freddie said:
@JujuBee@JasmineBlooms@hitman654@Zelda18@TurtleGod@theunderwolf@Dethrix@Xylona@London Fog@CrimsonEclipse@TheHarlequinnCat
I'd love to have you and your characters!!! Your IQ is WHAT?!? (Reboot) | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

@JujuBee@JasmineBlooms@hitman654@Zelda18@TurtleGod@theunderwolf@Dethrix@Xylona@London Fog@CrimsonEclipse@TheHarlequinnCat

I'd love to have you and your characters!!! Your IQ is WHAT?!? (Reboot) | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum
I've already posted mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back