Deserted Island

Anna723

Previously Rainy
Sign ups are still open if you'd like to check that out http://www.rpnation.com/showthread.php/3384-Deserted-Island-((Open-for-all-)-))?p=112615#post112615

Here's the starter. We don't have to start today if you guys don't want to cause it is late...just let me know

Heather-

I blinked my eyes open and then quickly closed them again. Why was it so...bright? I rubbed my eyes and sat up, coughing. I was wet...really really wet. I tried opening my eyes again and was surprised to see myself sitting in sand.

It was then that it all came back to me. The plane. The plane crashed. I remembered the screams and crying with a sicking clarity. My mind was racing a millions miles a minute as I scanned the beach for Jake. He had been sitting next to me on the plane but he wasn't here. Why wasn't he here? I did see other people...but none of them were my brother. I scrambled to my feet. "Jake!" I screamed, watching as some of the people stirred and feeling terrible that they were about the come to the same realization that I had.

Jake blinked groggily. Where was he? He coughed violently when the surroundings seemed to come into focus, it was hardly the plane he had been sitting on when he had fallen asleep on the long flight. All he could see was sand and the distant scattering of trees and although his body ached viciously he pushed himself to his feet.

His sweater was torn and covered in dirt and his entire left leg of his jeans had been torn away leaving him with a bruised and torn leg. Jake grimaced taking the weight off of that foot. His cuts on that leg were thankfully thin and had barely broken the skin in most places.

The foggy memories were coming back and he coughed violently again until he heard his name being called distantly. He limped towards the source of the voice - a girl probably around his own age- and he stared at her for a moment as if trying to recognize her before asking, "Who are you? My name's Jake." Maybe the crash had knocked the memory of this girl calling his name out of her head.

Heather-

I whirled around at the sound of a voice and regretted it instantly.I twisted my leg the wrong way, disturbing a pretty deep cut there and cried out. Biting my lip I looked at him and almost burst into tears. "No...My brother...his name is Jake and he's not here!" I sobbed still frantically looking around.

Jake frowned unsure of what to say or do and he tried to shuffle some of his weight to his left leg, momentarily forgetting the poor shape of his leg and what pain it caused him.

"He'll show up." he answered quickly. He wasn't much for comforting people so he didn't know what to tell her or to do. He wanted to be a little more blunt and tell her that her brother was probably in the burning wreckage of the plane now scattered across the surprisingly still blue waters, but Jake held his tongue for once. Now was certainly not the time for that so he extended a hand forward for the girl to accept to help pull her to her feet. It was uncharacteristically nice of him, but he was completely overwhelmed. He hadn't even thought about searching for food or water yet so his mind was clearly in a mad jumbled state.

"What's your name?"

Heather-

I couldn't help but notice the way he kept his weight off one of his legs. I couldn't help it...I was an aspiring doctor. I sniffled and let him help me up. "I'm Heather..." I mumbled. I looked around, noticing more bodies. I couldn't be certain if they were alive or not. "You...don't think they're all dead do you?" I asked, suddenly feeling like I was going to vomit. Where was Jake?

"I don't think you want me to honestly answer that... I'm not the sunniest of guys." he frowned, "I guess we'll find out... do any of these bodies belong to your brother?" he asked slowly as his eyes swept slowly along each one of their faces. To his surprise most of them were about his age and therefore still relatively young. It was spring break and he was one extension after their plane was supposed to land from being in Florida. Naturally pessimistic, Jake wasn't surprised that the first plans that he made while getting his law degree landed him in the middle of nowhere and crashed.

Heather-

I nearly slapped him across. "No...my brother is not dead." I said. "I just can't find him." I snapped. Geez, if we were gonna be stranded here, a little optimism would go a long way. Maybe i was just being sensitive...I sighed and crossed my arms. "I'll go check for a pulse." I muttered. I wasn't about to apologize for snapping at him. I limped over to the first motionless body.

Kaycee opened her eyes It's so bright! she thought to herself Where am I As she put her hands down, she felt sand. As she looked around, all she saw around her was water and sand, but not Mason. "Mason?" she said as she stood up, and looked around my self, there were bodies scattered across the beach, but I didn't see Mason.

Mason took a deep breath Why is the air so thin? He asked himself. He started to open his eyes and look around, he didn't see Kaycee. "Kayce??!" he said slowly standing up. As he stood up, he saw his surroundings; sand, water, trees, and bodies.

Colby was awakened by a rush of cold water coming over him, he was half in the water. His eyes quickly opened and looked around. He saw bodies all over the beach, miles and miles of water, and beach. The stood up, and tried to find any other survivors

~Emily~

The sunlight was practically piercing her eyelids by the time she became conscious. The first thing she became aware was was the burning of her skin. She'd been lying in one place for a long time, and the half of her facing the sun was usually warm. Next her eyelids started working and she opened them, only to close them again when she looked up and directly into the sun. She could feel the rest of her body coming back from the numbness she felt, and she tried with all her energy to roll over onto her side. She accomplished this and groaned from the strain on her unused muscles. She opened her eyes again once she propped herself up on one arm.

She was on what seemed to be a beach. Bodies littered the ground, covered in wet sand. She looked out to see the vast ocean only feet away. With a high tide, she would be washed out to sea. She managed a sitting position, which hurt like hell, but memories were starting to flood back to her. She had been on a plane. There was a crash, and now she was waking up on a beach. She must have washed up here after they went down. She was lucky to be alive. Emily could imagine that most of the people on that plane, and probaby many of the bodies buried in the sand, were dead. "Wait..." she said aloud. She hadn't been by herself on the plane. Where were her father and sister? Her eyes darted around the beach frantically at this point. Using all her strength she stood, merely tumbling down again. Her muscles needed time to recover from the events that had taken place. But she had to find her family. "Dad!" she called out. None of the bodies so much as stirred. "Lily!!" she yelled, but her voice cracked and she called again. Neither of their bodies could be seen from where she was. She could only wait and hope they were alive.

Heather-

I walked away from him with a slight limp. I would be fine, probably just a small sprain. I've lived through worse...like a plane crash for example. I knelt by the girl who was nearest to me. She was young. Probably in her early teens. One side of her face was covered in blood. It seemed to come from the large gash just above her eye. She wasn't moving. I started at her chest for a moment, just to see if there was a gentle rise and fall as she inhaled and exhaled.

There was nothing

I swallowed with a sense of dread and reached two fingers to her neck. No pulse. I wasn't surprised. I sighed, hoping that no one was looking for her like I was looking for Jake. Then with a slight panic I hoped, prayed even, that Jake had not shared this girls fate.

On the other Side of the island, Kayce was looking at all of the people on the beach, she was getting more and more frantic to find Mason. She knelt down in the sand, not knowing that Mason was closer than she thought.

Mason collapsed into the sand, he coughed, then sat up, he looked around; still no one in sight. He started to get up on his feet and walk the opposite way that Kaycee was. He figured that there were more poeple on the other side. So he walked until he saw a girl feeling the other passengers necks for pulses, he walked over to her "Um.. Hello" he said as he stood a few feet away from her (Heather)

Colby decided that he'd better find some people that were alive. So he walked and walked until he found a spot to sit down and rest, little did he know that he was right next to a girl (Lilly) who was still breathing. He looked at her and brought her to a spot where there was a little bit of shade. He hoped that he'd done the right thing bringing her into shade.

Heather-

I looked up at the sound of another voice and smiled as best I could. I got up from my spot, crouched aside yet another dead person. "Hi." I said, walking a little closer and wiping my hands on my jeans. They had been covered in sand. I cleared my throat. "Are you alright?" I asked, looking him up and down. He was walking and awake so that was defiantly a good sign. My ankle was still bothering me a little and I knew I'd be okay so I wondered if maybe I could help anyone else. I hadn't finished medical school but unless there was another doctor I was kinda it for this island.

Mason looked at her "Yeah, I'm fine, I'm just trying to find my sister" he said looking around "Are you... a doctor? I'm assuming you are because you were feeling pulses." he asked as he tilted his head

Heather

I crossed my arms in front of my chest and shook my head at him. "No...I mean not yet." I said. "I'm almost finished with medical school." I said. Then I paused. Would I ever get the chance to finish medical school? I shook the thought away. Now was not the time to think about it. "I'm sure your sister will turn up..I'm actually looking for my brother too." I shared, taking another look at the beach.

Kiara's dark hair lay across her face in tangles and covered her from the rays of harsh sunlight. She stirred lightly as she heard a voice and someone placing two fingers against her slightly dark tan. Kiara's eyes slowly flickered open as bits of consciousness gave way to her. As she brushed back her hair so she could see and was met with the face of a young woman and boy that looked about her age (Heather & Mason). She sat up, confused and afraid but slipped back down in the sand. Kiara sighed and sat up once again, not depending on her arms for support. She felt something wet trickle down her leg and looked down to see a rather larger gash in her leg. Blood flowed painting her leg dark red. Kiara winced and turned her face away from the slightly gory sight. She was trying to remember what had happened but only two things stuck out in her mind, 1) the screaming and 2) her brother. She turned back to the two and stared the woman in the eye "What happened? Where am I? And where is Aren?!" she asked frantically. She normally was pretty calm and collected but the thought of losing her brother, well, to her it was unbearable.

Aren lay on the sand, the bottom half of his body submerged in the water. He felt conciousness slowly return to his brain as well as memories. The shouting, Kiara crying, him holding his sister, the plane going down, and now they were here. The thirteen year old slowly sat up and popped his back. He may have been thirteen but he was calmest in times of struggle. He took the next step and stood to his bare feet. His entire bottom half was wet and her knew why. He looked around, his hand over his eyes. He searched over the bodies trying tp find Kiara. He spotted a girl not to far off (Kaycee) and hurried over to her, "Excuse me, miss, but have you seen a girl with really long, black hair, kinda tan skin, dark brown eyes and about yay high?" He held up his hand about three inches above his head, a questioning look on his face.

Mason scratched his head. "Well, I hope you finish, you seem like a good doctor" he said with a smile "I hope you find your brother" he said "If you excuse me, I'm going to try to find my sister" he said as he continued to walk the way he had been before.

Jake blinked twice before he had recovered from that girl yelling at him. He had done nothing wrong except for suggesting the mortality of the situation. The smell of gasoline wafted out from the water originating from the crashed plane. It suddenly seemed to hit Jake that they were on this island when his stomach gave an obnoxious gurgle. Judging by the wreckage and the recovering bodies he figured that it wasn't the right time to broach the topic of searching for food and building shelter. He was sure that the girl that he had just talked to would have torn off his head if he had done so.

Instead he moved to follow her as she started to examine some of the bodies. While she explained that she was a doctor Jake wondered about his leg. None of the cuts were deep and yet he was in considerable pain... maybe he had broken something? All he had was that he knew how to sue the airline company if they got off this island and into court.

"Uh... this kid here sort of looks like you." he hesitantly told Heather. There was definitely some sort of resemblance as scared as he was to tell her... mostly because the boy was obviously dead.

Kaycee kept walking until she saw a person (Jake), she stopped a few feet short of him, smiled and started to walk again. She was determined to find Mason, even if it took her all day and night

Mason decided he'd better walk the other way since he'd figured that Kaycee would be on that side of the beach, he walked faster until he couldn't walk anymore. He sat down in the shade and rested

Colby looked down at the girl who was breathing more steadily now, but he thought that since he was in ok condition that he should stay with her until her eyes opened. He hoped that she would awake before sundown

Heather-

I turned around again, fast and looked quickly to where he was pointing. Jake had been wearing a green shirt and blue jeans on the plane. I smiled when I saw the same outfit. And he was moving! I almost laughed in relief as I jogged over and knelt down next to him in the water. "Jake! You scared the crap out-" I froze. I'd mistaken the water gently swaying him back and forth for him moving. I suddenly felt cold and without even realizing I was doing it, I reached for his shoulder and flipped him around. There was a metal bar sticking out of his chest...his eyes were open, cold, lifeless and unmoving. I gasped. "Jake..." I mumbled. "No..." I whispered to myself. I pulled the spike out of him and threw it at far as I could. Then I stated sobbing, grabbing his body and moving it onto my lap. There was no blood...that water and long since washed it away and for that I almost grateful. "No Jake....Come on...you're okay." I said, grabbing his face and shaking him a little. "Come on Jake!!" I screamed at him.

Kaycee heard screaming, she ran to see; there was a girl, and she was bent down in the water, and.. there was a guy in her lap, she saw her pull the bar from his chest. She walked over to the girl by the water, and stood a few feet from her. She stood quietly until her lips moved "I'm sorry about your brother" she said quietly. She felt bad for the girl, because she knew if this had happened to Maxx, she's be acting the same.

Lily opened her eyes. She wasn't nearly as sore as her sister was, but it took some effort to sit up. She looked around silently and saw that she was in the shade, on a beach. There was a boy beside her. "Wh.... Where am I?" she asked. Wobbling, she stood up. Obviously frightened about the situation, she looked around quickly for her father and Emily. "Who are you??" she asked Colby. She saw bodies littering the ground, but all she could remember was falling. She rubbed her head and found a gash, covered in dried blood.

Colby looked at Lilly "I'm Colby, and many people are stranded on an island after our plane crashed" he said,slowly standing up to stretch

Heather-

For some reason, I wouldn't let Jake go. I heard nothing but I was fairly sure I was screaming. There had to be something I could do. I was studying to be a doctor for Christ sake! And the one person who mattered to be on this whole damn island slipped right through my fingers. I cradled his head in my arms and rocked back and forth, sobbing. I even pressed a hand to the gaping wound in his chest like I could somehow heal him with just my touch. "Jake don't leave me...I need you!" I said, not really sure if I screamed it or not. "Come on, you're okay! Just wake up!"

Mitchy kept on walking wanted to find Maxx very soon, she trudged through the sand and covered most of the island when she saw a figure in the shade. She ran over to the figure, she recognized the body sitting up, she ran to it "Maxx!!" she said as she bent down

Maxx looked up when he heard his name; it was Kaycee "Kaycee!!" he said as he hugged, he was overjoyed to see Kaycee and that she was alright. He looked at her she was ok, except she had a few cuts here and there, but other than the cuts, she looked in harmed

Lily nodded at Colby without saying anything. She looked back out across the beach at all the people that were clearly not as lucky as she was. "I need to find my dad and my sister..." she said quietly. She was getting less and less hopeful that she would see them again.

Emily continued to call out for her father and younger sister. She finally got the strength to stand and was walking in a wobbly fashion around the sandy beach in her search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back