• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Descent into the Abyss

StoneWolf18

Within the Depths of a Dream

Though the beginning of this interest check has some religious content, it is only for the tone of the scene and nothing more.

cooltext153629426585448.png

When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Sunlight. Usually a glorious thing that signaled a new dawn, a new beginning. But it only brought dread to an ancient man’s heart. ‘It has been far too long…’ he thought grimly to himself. ‘They will forever be lost to that...abomination…’ Spinning a slow turn in his rickety office chair, the cracked leather softly moaning in protest. Now, facing a large, decorative mahogany desk, the bright window now to his back. He bent down and opened a shallow bottom drawer, located on his right. Grasping hold of what appeared to be a revolver, worn from use and age, he sat up once more and clicked the cylinder's latch, it now rolling open to reveal a lone round. Closing it, he disarmed the safety and turned the muzzle of the gun to his forehead, tears now spilling from his misty, hazel eyes. Opening his mouth, the old man wet his parched lips before beginning to recite the Lord's Prayer. He had turned from God long ago, but possibly he could forgive a sinner like himself in his final moments.

"Our father who art in heaven..."

His secretary walked as a brisk pace to the door that served as an entrance to the bundle of offices.

"Hallowed be thy name..."

Opening the door, she began moving through the narrow halls, trying to avoid any others who worked there at this early hour.

"Thy kingdom come, thy will be done..."

She was soon stopped by an intern, asking a few questions about how a certain report was to be done.

"On earth as it is in heaven..."

Answering them as fast as possible, she began to head in the direction of his office once more.

"Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who have trespassed against us..."

The muffled click of her heel is now faintly heard as she grew ever closer.

"And lead us not into temptation..."

About half way now

"But deliver us from evil..."

She is within reach of the brass door knob, it glinting in the fluorescent lighting.

"For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever and ever..."

She raises her hand to knock.

"Amen"

"Forgive me..." He whispers. Then a knock is at his door as his finger twitches on the trigger. Fumbling for his voice, he hoarsely calls out "Y-yes?" "Sir." She replies in an urgent tone. "I have some news on-" "If it's their vitals or brain activity I don't want to hear it...I...I couldn't bear it...""Sir, this-" "I couldn't bear it!" He yelled, his voice cracking with bits of emotion. His door opened, the middle aged woman holding a tablet at her hip replied in a calmer manner. "David...their awake..." The pistol fell from his hands, nearly going off as it landed on the floor. Grabbing the suit jacket that hung on the back of his chair, David walked past her without a word. A hopeful expression about his face.

dz-elegantevening-stamp2.png

You are greeted with dim, fluorescent light flickering with age. It being a bit too bright for having just woken up, you shield your eyes with your hand. Groaning as a slight soreness turns to a pain that's now flaring down your arm. Giving yourself a moment to adjust to the lighting, you slowly sit up, moving your sore arm back down where it had previously laid. The bed you are laying in is quite hard, the mattress stiff with age.

101-dark-staircase.jpg

The room you are in was quite...bare. The grey cement was absorbing the faint light that was in the room. Now, you notice 3 other beds not including your own, full of people waking like yourself. The room soon filled with confusion as to why you're here which then leads for you to discover the lack of memories that you have. Only the most basic of understandings along with a few other random tidbits of information that now seem irrelevant. Now, your eyes are drawn from the other occupants of the room to dip at the long end of the room. Getting out of the bed, barely being able to stand due to the state you had just been in for an unknown about of time, you make your way over to what now appears or be a staircase. The fluorescent lights only continue till about the fourth landing before the staircase becomes swallowed by the dark abyss.

dz-elegantevening-stamp2.png

Now, if you're still reading then you must be interested. This will be a DETAILED LONG TERM RP. So if you have no intention of staying with a length, in depth, gritty and dark plot then I suggest you leave this thread. There will be max of four to six players (Not including me because I will be the narrator) but no gender limit. This being said the gender ratio, and just about everything that goes into making your character, WILL AFFECT THE PLOT. Think of this as a giant choose your own adventure book. This is listed under futuristic due to me not knowing where the hell this will go, what path this'll take, twists and turns that'll occur, etc. But don't fear! I do have the bases of a plot in mind. Hmmm, what am I missing...ah yes. History, some background information. -paper shuffling can be heard- here we are.

None

You are only going to know as much as your characters. And at the moment, that is quite little to no information other than the obvious fact of a staircase beckoning you ever downward.

So...if you are willing, who is ready to join me on this descent into the dark abyss?

Last edited by a moderator:
radiochai said:
I love the sound of this. Have you got anyone else interested? Or am I the first?
You are the first. If you have anyone else who might be interested please let the know! ^_^

I don't know about Sullivanity, but I like and but not sure how we'll work around the whole knowing as much as our characters know. I just wonder how it will be handled when coming up with characters.

radiochai said:
I don't know about Sullivanity, but I like and but not sure how we'll work around the whole knowing as much as our characters know. I just wonder how it will be handled when coming up with characters.
this is a reboot actually it died because I couldn't run it at the time. Character creation has only a few limitations but you mostly have free reign. The thing to remember is that everything will influence the plot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back