• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ꧁⠀ 𝔇𝔢𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔰: 𝔒𝔫 𝔇𝔢𝔠𝔨 !⠀꧂⠀⠀;⠀⠀main.

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

scroll

khalil

ebonee.

mood

calm.

outfit

waialiki isle, dorms.

interactions

ash, elias.

He may not be much for small talk, but at least he could hold a conversation, Ebonee thought to herself. Somewhat. She nodded in agreement with Ash though. He was right.
"Very true,"
she hummed in agreement.
"I can at least say it's one thing I miss about back home. Easy to stay in shape when you're always on the run."
she smirked.

She wanted to sigh when her current companion went silent again. Sure, she could've come up with something to keep the conversation going, but he approached her after all. Ebonee had no problems sitting in silence, waiting for Elias to show up. When Ash did speak again, carrying on their previous topic, she was pleasantly surprised. She hadn't really planned to like anyone besides her partner when they made the decision to leave home and attend boat school, but she had to admit. She might have been too quick to judge.

She still had a lot to learn about the man before her, but she could recognize that he wasn't used to being around so many goodie goodies himself. It was definitely a point in his favor.

"I don't mind sparring. I may not be the best at it, but I can handle myself in a fight."
she admitted.
"Personally, the obstacle course sounded more interesting. I'm used to running and twisting into awkward spaces, balancing precariously..."
she trailed off, thinking of the past. She shrugged, breaking herself free of the potential nostalgia.

"Anyway, maybe if we get some downtime at some point we'll have to try and spar. If we're not paired up that is."
she offered.

Almost as if he knew when he wouldn't interrupt, Elias arrived, announcing his presence in such a calm and subtle way, Ebonee was almost jealous. Scratch almost, she definitely was. She envied the way her partner could adapt so quickly and insert himself into groups or conversations with such ease. She could at least comfort herself with the fact that they were a pair, they complimented each other with their skills, their strengths and weaknesses.

So it was with no surprise that when Elias placed his hand on her shoulder, she relaxed obviously. She hadn't been very tense to begin with, but whenever she was on her own, she was wary. With no one she trusted to watch her back, she was always on guard. But he was here now, finally having woken up, and she could relax, even slightly.

"How could I sleep when you snored the whole morning away?"
she snorted, tilting her head back so she could smirk at him.
"Clearly, you're ready though, so that should be good enough for the both of us, hm?"

Letting her head fall forward once more so she was facing the sea, she glanced at Ash out of the corner of her eyes. Elias was right, he had been staring off into the water for the last while. She'd wondered herself, based on his attire, but she hadn't wanted to push. She couldn't blame someone for not wanting to talk about where they came from, seeing as she didn't like being asked the same. At least with Elias asking, the topic was broached with some tact. Hopefully the conversation didn't end badly.

She was starting to like him.

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

hamada

tadashi.

mood

pleasant.

outfit

waialiki isle.

interactions

freya.

tags

As Freya introduced herself, Tadashi could only grin. Glad to meet other friendly folks around! He winced however, as she mentioned their clashing colors.
"Gah...Christmas strikes again..."
he mumbled under his breath, looking off back towards the dorms, where he thought he could still see traces of smoke leaving through his open window.

He swallowed somewhat nervously, clearing his throat before he turned his full focus back to Freya.
"W-well, glad I could help save you from certain doom!"
he grinned, though it fell somewhat at his next thought.
"Uhh...even if I almost caused said doom..."
he trailed off, awkwardly.

Tadashi perked up though at her mention of snowy mountains.
"Wow that sounds amazing though! I mean, I've only lived in a large city before, so even seeing an isle like this is pretty impressive, but the thought of so much snow a mountain gets covered sounds amazing!"
he rambled.
"Sounds like it would've been fun to explore....or get lost in. That seems like it could happen just as easily...so maybe not so fun. Well if you had a way...."
he paused, taking in some air, giving his brain a chance to catch up with his mouth.

Ah. He was totally doing it again. He really needed to find a way to stop his mouth from taking off like it did. It always managed to get him into trouble, hopefully Freya didn't find him offensive. That would be his luck, the first friendly face he meets and he ends up annoying them.

"S-sorry, my uh, my mouth tends to get away from me before I can think before I speak."
he laughed awkwardly, reaching up to scratch the back of his head. He was starting to get a tad twitchy, his fingers itching for something to work on, even though he'd left his tool kit in his room in an effort to take a break. He was somewhat regretting that decision now, but it was too late to change that now. No way was he risking going back inside that room anytime soon.

"Yes! I am new, sorry, my mind is kinda everywhere, I'm jumping tracks aren't I?"
he laughed again.
"Activities?"
he asked, trying to think back to if he'd heard about anything going on. All he remembered was being told to get off the boat and to get settled into a temporary room on the island.
"I must have missed the notice about it, what's supposed to be going on? I've been uh...locked in my room for the most part. Haven't really left until now."
he explained.

Hopefully he didn't sound like too much of an idiot.

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

madrigal

renata.

mood

nature was nice, but hello there.

outfit

waialiki gazebo.

interactions

arlo.

Renata wasn't one to be taken off guard easily. So when the startled emotions flooded her, she had to hide her smirk as the boy before her jumped in fright. The noise however, broke her. She couldn't help the snort that escaped her, as she reached up to cover her mouth, eyes twinkling in mirth as he spun around and tried to regain his composure. It was too late though, in her opinion. She'd never be able to forget that moment, it was too precious.

It seemed to take him a moment before he could find the words to respond to her. Renata knew she was attractive, she was definitely vain enough to admit that she knew others liked to look at her. Not only did she see the stares, she could feel the emotions of those that tried to hide it when she walked into a room. So she wasn't too surprised when he seemed to be admiring her, and she was fine with it even. She wasn't going to say anything about it, because she was most definitely doing the same.

Sure she loved nature, but the sight before her was a tad more interesting. He was almost her opposite. Where she was tan skin and dark hair and eyes, he was ivory smooth skin with bright hair and sparkling eyes. She had no doubts that he knew how he looked as well, similar to her.

"Yeah, I tend to sneak up on people a lot."
she grinned, her eyes lighting up at the small tease, even if he didn't understand it. He most definitely was new, so she doubted he knew about her abilities. Oh well, it was still a good joke, even if she was the only one who understood it for now.

She felt her smile turn a bit more genuine as she watched him get his composure back, pleased when he carried on the conversation about nature rather than waxing poetic about her looks or even his.

"I've gotta say, you're right."
she hummed.
"A mountain boy, hm? I'm impressed, I wouldn't have guessed that."
she admitted, admiring him in a new light already. She didn't even know his name yet. Huh, she'd definitely have to fix that.
"Renata, by the way."
she introduced herself.
"Just in case you were wondering."

♡coded by uxie♡

mood

hello !

waialiki shore

outfit

tags

daughter of Raya

Ruby couldn't help but smile at how the boy stumbled over his words. She found it charming, cute, which honestly wasn't saying that much because Ruby had a habit of thinking anything about anyone was cute. If it was a quirk someone had that made them different or unique, Ruby thought it was cute.

That's always how Ruby had been, though. Finding the differences to celebrate in others. That's what made Kumandra such a strong nation, everyone was different! If everyone was the same, then they would never accel as a nation. But since they were all different in their own ways, they could give unique perspectives and insights to help make life people for each tribe within the country.

Her smile only widened as he tucked his legs into his body after introducing himself.

"Keanu? That's a beautiful name," She couldn't help but smile. There were some people who had resting bitch faces, some who had resting sad faces, even resting neutral faces. But Ruby had a resting smiley face. When she was doing nothing, not talking to anyone or reacting to anything, she was smiling. Some people would just assume it was due to her being a literal ball of sunshine but Ruby always thought it was because she was raised as a princess and always had to be kind and approachable for all the other royals of the tribes.

"I guess that's a matter of opinion," the girl drew her own hand back to herself, placing her tote bag on her lap to try and prevent it from getting too much sand on it. "I, for one, have always loved the rain, it's made everything more fun. I mean, have you ever been swimming in the rain? Something about hearing the water hit the river around you? Floating in the water and feeling the cool droplets on your face?" Her smile softened as she remembered her home, Heart.

There were so many times that she would sneak away from some political party nonsense, maybe with the help of Naomi and Sisu, and go to the river. Her favorite river, that was covered by a canopy of trees, their mighty roots helping create foot-holes to climb on. It was her escape, her calm when everything was becoming too much. The island they were currently on was nice, but nothing like her river.

Ruby gave a playful raise of her eyebrows as Keanu made a comment about not being very talkative & continued talking, as if to say i can do enough talking for both of us!

"There's a certain kind of peace that rain and thunderstorms have always brought me. It might shut down some outdoor events, but that gives people the chance to breathe, enjoy doing nothing but watch nature take its course. And I know a lot of people are scared by thunder, but there's something about the rumble that always brings a comforting warmth to me. It makes me either want to run outside and dance in the storm or cozy up and watch out my window," Ruby quickly realized she was in fact, rambling. "Sorry, I'm known to talk a little too much."

nine lives

• filler

"I don't mind sparring. I may not be the best at it, but I can handle myself in a fight." Ash returned his attention to Ebonee and studied her physique. Not in a creepy way, merely sizing her up as one would an opponent. He had absolutely no doubt that she was lying about being able to handle herself in a fight. She was strong, that much was obvious, and Ash could imagine she was quite dexterous and quick as well. He'd be on his guard if he was sparring with her, that much he knew for certain. "Personally, the obstacle course sounded more interesting. I'm used to running and twisting into awkward spaces, balancing precariously..." Her words confirmed what Ash had initially suspected. Either way, he felt as if she would be one to beat.

"Anyway, maybe if we get some downtime at some point we'll have to try and spar. If we're not paired up that is." Ash found himself grinning at the thought of it. She'd prove to be a challenge for him that's for sure. She'd be likely to dart out of his way more often than not, avoiding his attacks. It would certainly help him work on his agility.

"I'll have to take you up on that, actually. Sounds like it could be quite fun." Ash wasn't lying, and he found himself surprised at himself as he willingly made plans to hang out with someone else at a later date. Perhaps making a friend wouldn't be so difficult after all.

His ears twitched as he heard footsteps approaching them and turned his head towards the new presence. Ash should've anticipated seeing him around soon, especially since he'd come to speak to Ebonee. He hadn't seen the two of them apart yet. Every time he'd seen one, the other was close in tow. Aside from just moments before when he'd been alone with Ebonee. Elias wasn't an unwelcome presence though, and Ash found himself relaxing just as quickly as he had tensed up.

He watched as Elias approached Ebonee and stood near her and placed an affectionate hand on her shoulder. Ash felt a pang of jealousy. He wasn't interested in either of them, besides he was quite convinced that they were together and Ash had no interest in inserting himself on an already existing relationship. The jealousy was more of a general feeling, a gnawing envy for the sweet intimate touches and moments the two of them seemed to share. Ash would give anything to have the same.

"Sure hope you guys are ready for what lies ahead. This isle is breathtaking for starters, I would give anything to be at the tree tops right now." Ash could almost agree with Elias. The birds-eye view of this place had to be magnificent. The sight of it from the ship was breathtaking enough. "Hope you managed to get some sleep time, Bon. You need the energy today."

Ash averted his gaze from the two of them and found himself looking back towards the sea for comfort. At least the love he shared with the sea was constant, though it didn't bring him the warm embraces he missed so dearly. For a brief moment he found himself reminiscing about Reid, his boyfriend that he'd had once upon a time in Neverland. He found himself thinking of Reid often whenever he felt alone.

"Something tells me you are yearning to go back there?" Elias's voice chipped through the wall of Ash's inner thoughts and pulled a small and curious smile to his face. "You look like a man of the sea there, with that look on your face. But I might be wrong. Not the best people reader out there."

Ash's small smile only grew then as he once more tore his eyes from the Sea. "You're very astute, although I imagine I was giving myself away. I don't think I could manage to hide my love of the Ocean." He ran a hand through his hair, feeling a slight breeze hit his neck and reveling in the coolness of it. "I belong on the Sea, feeling the waves under my feet." As he spoke, he neglected to mention a different way the Sea called to him. A darker song that beckoned him beneath the waves.

His legs tingled, as if they remembered the scaly tail that they once were. Ash tried his best to shove the thought away, but try as he might, the thought always laid in wait for him to remember it at the worst time possible.

ash hakeem

child of hook

with- ebonee; mentions- elias

♡coded by uxie♡

son of claude frollo
mood
defeated
outfit
with
malakai
mentions
alexander, cecilia.
Henri Gerrard.
Henri could not fail to notice the man's contagious smile - his pearly white teeth well-kept. It almost made Henri's corner-lipped smile appear. He wouldn't admit it aloud by the male in the same predicament as him was quite easy on the eyes. Even Henri could not help but casually give him the up-and-down look as subtly as he possibly could. Seemed like the male was in the same boat (no pun intended since they were on land) and both in need to find their respective dormitories.

Slowly sauntering in front of the male, he took one end of the towel and made a few pats on his forehead to clear the water drips that managed to leak down from his damp hair, provided he had taken his morning shower.

He chuckled at the mutual situation before shaking his head in accepted defeat much like him, "And we shall be sleeping on the grass if we don't get a move on. Maybe we can try our luck down South as well if our plan fails. Who knows maybe we get to be neighbors if we're lucky," the male tried to keep the motivation going and the hopes that they will not actually end up sleeping on the grass this evening. "Plus, there is no chance there is not enough room for everyone, right?" Henri was genuinely worried the answer to that would be in the affirmative. If that was the case, well fuck.

Running a hand through the dampness that was his hair, as the male finally introduced himself, or better yet, attempted to.

Henri couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at how his words halted in mid-sentence and the dazed look on his face. It was an all-familiar feeling he knew too well. It happened when he first saw Alex. Couldn't help it, the male turned around to see who made his new acquaintance stumble in mid-conversation so quickly. As she saw the female, Henri felt defeat as that was a probable sign that the man in front of him could be counted out from his agenda at this moment. Nonetheless, he was not going to let it from helping one another find a room to hopefully get some rest after the eventful day that was quite eventful for some.

Watching Malakai's facial expressions and internal turmoil unveil was keeping Henri rather fascinated as he couldn't help but chuckle at the huff of embarrassment, "Ah, mademoiselle caught your tongue it seemed, mon frère?" Henri thrived on such embarrassing moments when it comes to other people and he does tend to press on it but he did not want to rub off as an asshole for once so he decided to go the comedic route and let him live it down.

"The name is Henri, pleasure is mine," he extended a firm angled hand for him to accept and bro hug it in. If that was the correct way to term it. He recognized a bro in help when he sees one. Besides, he cannot even imagine what would be left of him if Alex showed up behind them at the moment. The instinct would have been to run. "How about we head down West and we can approach lady mystery once we head outside for the activities, sound good?" A dimpled smile was offered as he gestured to the corridor that was also filling up rather quickly.
coded by natasha.

daughter of cruella de vil
mood
curious.
outfit
with
oscar.
mentions
n/a.
Sadie De Vil.
As the male apologized she waved a hand as a gesture of saying by gones be by gones, "Yeah, no kidding. You should carefully consider who you sneak up on though."

The female finally started to feel her skin cool in the shade as she slowly took off her shades, racking them up and resting in her bed of red hair as her eyes finally adjusted to the light, "Ah that is so much better. Oof sucks to be us then, you just saved me from that fate. Thanks for sharing your survival tactic with me. I don't know why I even bothered to sign up for these activities in the first place. It is going to be a living hell out there," she contemplated as she started fanning herself.

Noticing his eye catch Pepper wriggling she was glad he at least managed to continue the conversation with her. Most people tend to forget her when they see the dog. She cannot blame them though. She herself would rather drop the person and pay attention to the canines if given the chance but no. She was trying to be a better human being and interact with people and not just for getting them to try on her clothing line. You know, time to start having some actual friends for once. Human ones.

"Oh? Do you do tattoos? Or the design you mean?" Sadie couldn't help but get up and was about to reach for his arms to view them but then halted reminding herself that it might be a bit forward, so instead she managed to find the courtesy to ask instead, extending her hands to catch his, "May I?" Sadie's second hobby was tattoo designing and seeing them and other's creations was something she rather enjoyed. "I have my fair share of them. Designed them myself also. Some might be botanical but none of the mythology. Are you into myths?" she genuinely inquired, especially when she knew tattoos carried out deeper meanings.

As Pepper barked up at him, Sadie took a few steps back noticing that the male in front of her did not step away from her pooch but in fact, conversed with it. It brought a faint smile to her red-stained lips.

Pepper loved affection so when he saw his hand extend, he started sniffing around it before climbing on his hind legs and resting his front paws on the male's knees, wagging his tail in happiness as he barked, Sadie seemingly knowing what Pepper was saying, "He said you smell funny and he likes you. Seems like Pepper here got a new best friend before I did, props to him."

Sadie couldn't help but chuckle, "And by smelling funny I meant, do you have dogs? He can sense canine scents from the way he is acting."
coded by natasha.

daughter of anna & kristoff
mood
friendly.
with
tadashi.
mentions
naomi, isla.
Freya Bjorgman.
As he cursed the clashing color scheme, Freya couldn't help but let her usual radiating laugh out loud free. Someone who can carry out a conversation and a running pun, it truly felt like Christmas after all, "Gosh darn it, there is no need for a Grinch to steal it - it be done," as she commented, she couldn't help but notice him glancing towards the direction of the dorms. Couldn't help but overcome her curiosity she looked in his line of sight as she raised an eyebrow at the smoke, looking back at the green-haired male in front of her, "I am kind of afraid of asking what you were doing in there..."

Raising both hands in front of her, Freya shook her head lightly, "Doom crisis everted. Still in one piece!"

Seeing a particular peek of interest in her homeland she could tell that he clearly never been in the cold temperatures of Arendelle. "It does sound amazing and in fact it is wonderful! But if you are not acclimatized to the cold! But you can never go wrong with a nice mountain hike when the weather permits it. The view can be spectacular and breathtaking with the lights glittering beneath, the waves on the shore, and not to mention the reindeer running around!" Freya's hazel eyes sparkled when she spoke about back home. "A city? Hmm I never experienced a city before. I heard it has a lot of hassle with those honking vessels right?"

"Me and my dad usually use rope, that way we can always trace our way back down. No way of getting lost that way!" she tried to match up his pace easily but even he seemed to notice his words were long-lasting. Freya did not mind it. She was used to doing it herself but to have someone match her, it was one of a kind most of the time. There were only two people that matched her energy who were her two best friends, Isla and Jonas.

With a giggle, she couldn't help but find it sweet that he acknowledged what one would deem a flaw, "Lucky for you I have the same problem right here. Though you have been giving me a run for my money there buddy." The female hoped he took that as a joke and not as an offensive comment. Noticing the slight anxiety building with his fingers twitching. Freya wanted to try to put him at ease, but it seemed to be a force of habit.

"I knew you were a fresh face. How are you finding your experience so far? I know it was very hard for me to blend it at first but then I found Isla and then me and my friend Jonas started blending in easily," she gestured to the girl she was previously with and nodded a hello back towards Naomi, her girlfriend. "I shall introduce you someday! Get your network up a bit!" Freya tilted her head at his lack of announcement, "Yes, we have two main activities. The tree top course and the sparring match. It is bound to start in an hour or so. Shall we go and sign up?" I was heading there with Isla but she can attend with her current company." Freya understood the being pent up in her room but probably not the same reason as Tadashi for sure.

She hoped she wasn't too forward but she didn't want a new student missing out on the fun because he was pent up in his room.
coded by natasha.

son of iago
mood
less queasy, energised
outfit
with
ebonee & asherah.
mentions
n/a.
Elias Garah.
Noticing her shoulder's ease a little bit he removed his hand and placed them both in his pocket."Ha ha ha, very funny. My jaw is hurting," the male mocked at the taunt thrown his way. He didn't mind being picked on, it was how he was so there was no changing that. With a returned smirk he decided to take a jab at her back, "Though I snore to block out the constant shuffling and mumbling during the night when you do sleep. Hmm, mm, mm!" he mocked in a joking manner, mimicking the shuffling and restless expression she does. He did find it rather cute whenever she did it, of course.

With a soft sigh, he shuffled to a chair next to them, lifting his legs on the chair in a cross-legged manner, "Well yes and no. You know how I am with surprises. I know there is a course thing and sparring but I am not comfortable at all not knowing how all these students are going to be divided." Elias was not comfortable partnering up with anyone else that was not Ebonee. He was pretty laid back and he was open to it but it was hard to put trust in someone you just met. It just did not ring the same way. "What you guys reckon is awaiting us?" he genuinely inquired, hoping their new acquaintance was a senior and went through it already. But here was too lucky guessing.

Elias couldn't help but run a hand through his jet-black hair and lower his head as his eyes peered from under those red-lensed glasses to look at the male's gaze to the sea and then back to Bonnie. He was a bit confused but he recognised that look anywhere. A look of longing he gets when he is on the highest peaks before jumping down and feeling the breeze brisk against his skin as he plummets. It was freedom.

A raised eyebrow was earned at the first couple words that the male uttered, "As - Astute? What's that mean?"

It was nothing Elias was embarrassed by who he was and sadly he was illiterate. He could not read. He could not write. Elias can manage to speak only the basics of English and that was what Jafar could teach him from time to time. If that man did nothing right, he at least shaped him into the man he is today. He showed him the type of man he should not be if anything. Especially since Jafar wanted a mini him which Elias was never going to stoop to his level. For starters, he wanted to kill him with his bare hands when he found Ebonee in the condition she was in. Even if she was his enemy back then.

The few later words, he managed to understand so his facial expressions eased a bit, "Ah yes yes, you have been long gazing to the waters for a while now. It was as if you were picturing someone there but not at the same time. If that makes sense." As Asherah proceeded, Elias could notice the fondness he had for the sea from just a couple of words, a glance. "I can imagine it must be a nice feeling. I am not a big fan but I love the feeling of the warm sand instead."

Noticed the sudden shift in tone but he decided not to push it more than he already did. "Thanks for sharing, I didn't mean to pry but was simply curious. Do you guys want to go ahead and start heading to the first course? I know it is bound to start now."

He hoped he was not a pushover.
coded by natasha.

/* ------ right side ------ */

/* ------ image 1 ------ */
mood | curious flirtation between two people withholding information

location | the dorms

/* ------ image 2 ------ */
outfit | honestly... too lazy to put these here 😭

/* ------ image 3 ------ */
tag | written with minajesty minajesty

/* ------ left side ------ */

collab post; blanche & jean

/* ------ main textbox ------ */
Jean's voice filled her senses like a hazy fog, sending pinpricks of goosebumps down her arms. It was as if he tasted every syllable with his tongue when he said it.

The fact that she hit him with the door was an embarrassment that was long gone. Now that he was inching closer and closer to her, Blanche felt heat creeping up into her cheeks, and at the same time a thrill of excitement stirred in her gut, releasing what seemed to be a thousand butterflies in her stomach.

"That's mighty neighborly of you, Jean. I might just have to take you up on that." Several words pinged around in her head: trails, tricks, tarot cards. They created a deep feeling of danger, one that Blanche was all too happy to ignore. She liked to live on the dangerous side-- it could be fun. And Jean seemed like more fun than she'd had in a long time.

'Tarot cards' seemed to be louder than the other words, and with good reason. Blanche's own experience with her own powers had made her quite familiar with the way to the tarot, but that was information she wasn't quite ready to give out to a stranger yet. A sweet smile graced her expression, one that hid delicious forbidden knowledge. "Tarot cards, you say? Now wouldn't that be lovely..." Blanche cooked her head to the side. "Do you have lots of experience with that sort of thing?"

Jean considered ‘lots of experience’ to be a gross understatement to describe his capabilities. the constant dangers that mothers warned their children to stay away from was the exact thing he reveled in right under Mother Beatrice’s nose. The restaurant that she had operated, the same one that singlehandedly allowed her to care for her son, would make the perfect distraction as he snared innocent souls for the Dark Loas with no remorse. and standing before Blanche as he let her posed question linger in the air almost drew a devious smile.

Internally, he would cackle at her unfamiliarity with him. she hadn’t exactly sealed her fate yet—genuinely speaking, she didn’t seal it at all. in the moment, Jean hadn’t pose his invite as an act of trickery. The man was genuinely interested in her and what her status was. villain or royal, Facilier’s curiosity piqued at their brief encounter, even if it began in a slightly painful way.

“You could say that,” he answered, slightly aching at his indistinct reply. in his usual encounters with New Orleans’ natives and tourists especially, jean would use this time to boast. his silver adorned hands would shuffle and toss tarot cards in a theatrical manner, warp images that showed promise and prosperity, and throw an arm over their shoulder to appear inviting and trustworthy.

But this was no ordinary circumstance. and until Jean knew her to be nonthreatening and gullible, information would stay withheld even if his vanity threatened to dry his veins like the Sahara.

“I’d like to think i know a thing or two. Wouldn’t exactly call myself an amateur..” his sentence lingered for a moment as his gaze trailed over her facial features before he met her eyes. he thought now would be the time to drop the sly cat act ever so slightly, wanting her to remain comfortable and not overwhelmed with his oncoming treachery as he allowed a warmer-than-normal grin to grow upon his face.

“If you think of Tarot as lovely, are you implying that you too, have an appreciation for it?”

Blanche fought a wry smirk, his words her vague. Enchanting, sure, but they held no real substance. It was a game Blanche knew well. And it was one she could appreciate. What could she say? She loved a challenge, and Jean was proving to be a fascinating one.

Still, her grin did turn up at the corners of her mouth. She wouldn't quite call herself an amateur either when it came to knowledge on the subject, but she wouldn't quite call herself an expert either. So, she would remain quiet for now, no reason to reveal her cards before she knew who she was dealing with.

She didn't miss that his gaze fell to her lips, and Blanche could never hesitate to put on a show. She'd practiced it until it was perfect, and she knew just the right way to bite her lip to entice.

His question caught her off guard, but she took it in stride. "Oh, I think the cards are lovely, you know. So artistic. And the mysticism behind it all is so intriguing." She studied him a bit. "How long have you been practicing Tarot?"

With a charming smile still lingering upon his face, Jean made sure to match her gaze, attention never faltering away from her even though it was mainly subtle and warming. "The tarot has been my craft for several years now..," he paused for a moment, letting his response linger in the air before speaking once more. "The study of fortune and fate has piqued my interest since early high school."

"You could even say it has me.. bewitched,"
Jean added half-jokingly, shoving both of his hands into his pockets before stepping back an inch or two to give Blanche some space. His reply was mainly truth: Tarot had been something he was all too eager to learn when he dove down the rabbit hole of the ever-growing craft. He didn't lie, but only left out information that he didn't seem important to entail to a stranger. She didn't need to know that he unashamedly used his craft selfishly and callously. Not unless she was an ally or a victim.

However, her alluring and inquisitive nature was something Jean was all too familiar with. In no way did he begin to see her as threatening, but a sinking feeling that she knew more than what she was letting on couldn't help but swallow Jean whole. no, she wasn't just a pretty face. There was more to her than what met the eye. His eyes, specifically.

"Indulge me though, Blanchey..," his tone of voice held the same allure, yet there was a hint of playful suspicion hidden well within his words. "I'm beginning to find myself equally fascinated by the enigmatic depths of yourself. Is your curiosity just an inquisitive façade or are you genuinely that inexperienced?"

The air around her didn't seem as warm once Jean took a step back from her. His scent still lingered, surrounding her senses, but his effect on her had lessened just a bit. But only a little.

Blanchey. She hated the sound of that, if she was being honest. Yet, all dolled up in his tone and his voice, she found it tolerable. She couldn't help but let her smirk win out now. It was in now way malicious, merely a cheeky little expression that she worse when she knew that she'd been at least a little found out.

"I've been intrigued by it-- and I admit I've studied it, but in practice?" She shrugged a cute little shrug. "Little hard to know about when you grow up with a family that doesn't necessarily... approve, you know?"

There it was. admission, even if it was just a scratch on the surface of the entirety of her truth. In just a few short words, Jean had learned that Blanche had undisclosed knowledge of Tarot readings and may have even figured her status as a student here in Tefiti. No villain, at least the ones he had known of, would prohibit the lingering desire to learn Tarot, especially if it meant their child would grow into the truest of villains. Only a royal parent would cringe at the idea of their child's mind wandering into the world of the craft. And Blanche didn't exactly strike him as the villainous type.

In the back of his mind, Jean had suspected that Blanche possessed a deeper understanding of it, and now that she was slowly admitting to her knowledge, he couldn't help but let the feeling of excitement swarm him, a twinkle of his sinister intentions dancing within his eyes. Internally, he celebrated the opportunity awaiting him. But, he figured that he shouldn't let himself get too far into his head with the plan he was hatching. At least not until he got to know her first.

"Oh, tell me about it," the retort was mildly said with a tinge of annoyance at the memory of his mother. Oh how sweet she was. Beatrice was the type of mother any neglected child would hope and pray for, but to Jean, she was a nuisance; an overwhelming parental figure that he couldn't shake off of him, "I think my mom would drop dead if she heard that i was dabbling with tarot. she isn't the most open-minded gal."

"But hey, that's what we're here for right?" Jean added, shrugging slightly before letting himself crack another smile. God, was it painful to keep up this act. He was a theatrical man, indeed, but being friendly wasn't his forte. Especially when it required genuine intent and with no promised certainty of a prize. He was doing it for free.

"Tefiti is our chance to outgrow our old skin and make friends. Alliances, even, that share like-minded personalities--you enjoy Tarot.. I know Tarot," implications were painstakingly obvious as Jean nudged her shoulder gently and in a friendly manner. "Whatta ya say we embark on a tarot journey together, hm?"

The annoyance in his voice was apparent to Blanche, and she wistfully found herself hoping that in a chance of fate, she'd found herself a kindred spirit. Despite Jean's effect on her, reality descended on her quick and seemed to swallow her whole.

She could admit that she was intrigued by Jean, or that she even enjoyed him. Blanche, however wasn't being her true self, and whether or not Jean was didn't change the fact that the connection she felt herself making wasn't genuine in the slightest.

His pull on her was strong, and she found herself agreeing to him before she had even put much thought into it. His shoulder nudged hers, and it was like it had pressed a button that unleashed her response. "I think that sounds like an adventure worth having."

Blanche was surprised at herself. Sure she'd always been drawn in to the more dangerous side of things, but she would usually tread so carefully. Her heart seemed to skip a beat and finding the air to take another breath seemed almost impossible.

"P-perhaps maybe at a later date?" She winced at her own stutter. Blanche didn't like to lose her cool in a way that was obvious, and even though her exterior seemed chill, her voice had given her away. "I promised my brother I'd find him, so I'm sure he's waiting for me." She hated leaving it at that, as if she were running away.

So, Blanche slapped on the charm and darted her gaze to the door of Jean's own room, then back to him with a flirty grin. "I know where to find you." And just to add the conversational cherry on top, she tacked on, "Fate has a funny way of bringing people together, doesn't it?" Sure, it might have been a little syrupy sweet, but it was a line that often worked for her, and she stuck by it.

Jean's heart began to race with excitement as Blanche agreed. Although it was much of an exaggeration, getting a singular yes out of her was like trying to convince a stranger to walk on a tightrope with him.. one with a never-ending abyss below their feet. Part of him could understand how uncomfortable it must have been to accept such an offer, to put her trust in his hands knowing they had only met minutes ago, but still. Not even he could spare some sympathy when there was so much to look forward to now.

The sudden return of her flirtatious nature with him caught him by surprise, his cynicism momentarily pushed aside by her question. Fate. Personally, it wasn't something he believed in but he found the words escaping from his mouth without a thought behind them. "I couldn't agree more, Blanche. It's interesting how paths intertwine." Better to agree than to raise any more questions.

"Well.. I guess I should let you find your sibling. Perhaps, we could all meet? I'd love to make more.. friends," The accidental emphasis slipped against his control, causing Jean to internally wince at his fuck up. He would hope that she hadn't taken it the wrong way, but even he wouldn't blame her for questioning his underlying meaning. "It's just a little hard considering I'm what they call 'fresh bait' around here. Everyone's cliqued up, ya'know?" That should do it. Or at least he hoped.

Once again, Blanche found that Jean was appealing to her empathy, and the odd emphasis slipped under her radar with an ease that she'd be upset about if she ever looked back and realized it.

She felt his words, the resonated with her. She, too, felt as if it had been impossible to make friends so far. Jean-- he was mighty friendly. It's be easy to just fall into it. Yet, she hesitated. "Yeah! Maybe sometime you could definitely meet my brother. He's much better at making friends than I am! And he totally doesn't go around hitting people with doors." Blanche smiled a little sheepishly, "Sorry again for that, by the way."

Her eyes darted off to the side, as if she were searching for her exit. Apparently spotting it, she turned back to Jean and finished him off with a dazzling smile. "We'll talk soon, okay? It was lovely meeting you." And with that, Blanche bounced off to find her twin. Now was a time for her comfort person.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Last edited:

mood | newfound friendship! = stoner bois

location | the beach

outfit | honestly... too lazy to put these here 😭

tag | written with sunshineysoul sunshineysoul

collab post; jaihid & beau

Jaihid's eyes crinkled as he smiled at the boy's jokes. Beau, he said his name was. He was funny, easy to talk to. Jaihid had been pretty guarded around new students ever since a certain curly haired ex-best friend of his made a knife block of his back.

Isla... Jai still felt his face heat up at the mention of her. They were such good friends, which had always been hard for Jaihid to come by for as long as he had lived on the Isle. He had Mallory, a good friend, maybe his only friend. But then he was sent to Tefiti Academy, and he felt like an outsider all over again. Isla and he were able to bond over art, the thing closest to his heart. He trusted her with his past, feeling relieved to have someone to open up to away from home. She immediately turned around and started gossiping about his past.

Jaihid didn't like to dwell on it. He was cautious around making new friends. But Beau, he seemed... Nice. In a very genuine and pure sense of the word.

He made a comment about needing to be sober for the planned events later, it earned a small puff of air from Jai's nose paired with a smile.

"Yeah, I figured I could try to be a little less 'laaaamee'." He smirked as he joked about Beau's previous comment towards him. "Weed definitely does NOT help me function, it moreso helps me relax. If I'm lighting up in the morning, you know something's wrong." He let out a quieter chuckle as he sat next to Beau.

Beau mirrored Jaihid's smile with one of his own, grateful that the guy seemed to be pretty chill. That was Beau's favorite sort of person to be around.

He laughed at Jaihid's comment though. "You know what? That's fair. I'll keep an eye out, you know. If I ever see you toking it up before noon, I'll call the emergency Jaihid number. No worries man, got your back." He rolled his eyes, but at himself, finding his sense of humor more than a little ridiculous.

"For real though, you seem super chill. And honestly the best person I've met here so far-- don't tell anyone else." Beau lowered his voice for dramatic effect and shot a playful wink at Jaihid. "Offer's still open for later, I could always use a smoke buddy."

Jaihid raised his eyebrows with interest at Beau's offer.

"Oh I'm absolutely down for that. I've already scouted out the lido deck at night and man, it's like a ghost town up there. Once it gets past like eleven pm, there's no one up there to enforce the rules. We'd be golden." Jaihid's face couldn't help but bust into a full smile. He felt a small bit excited to be making another friend already. He knew that there were good people on the ship, he just had to find them.

"So is this your first year on the ship too?"

Beau winced a little but at the mention of eleven pm. That was a little past his own personal bed time if he was being honest. An early riser usually required an early to bed... but maybe he could just take a nap, wake up and smoke, then go right back to bed? Yeah that sounded like a game plan, and a worthy sacrifice to be making a new friend. Especially considering the face-splitting grin that Jaihid now wore-- how was Beau supposed to take it back now?

Looked like Beau had a date at eleven pm, but honestly his five percent disappointment couldn't even threaten to outweigh his one hundred percent excitement. Er... not really how math worked, but the point was still made, in his mind.

"Oh! Yeah, yup. First year here. It's pretty cool so far, not gonna lie. Little bit glad my sister kinda forced me out here." Beau laughed a little then, but it was fond laughter, he wouldn't have it any other way. "What about you?"

Jaihid seemed to perk up at the mention of a sister; not in a weird or creepy way, but in a way that showed his curiosity. Obviously Jaihid didn't have any siblings, which he always seemed a little sad about. The way he saw it, siblings were a built-in friend forever, the same way that parents were supposed to be built-in caregivers forever. Jaihid pushed his thought aside as he realized his own father had never really lived up to that standard.

"Nah, this is my second year here," His answer was one hundred percent the truth, but there was a ping in his stomach; some unsettling feeling that began to fade in and fade out. Jaihid's trust issues felt like beau was getting a little too close to asking about his own family, his parents, where he was from, he had been down this path before. As nice as this guy seemed, Jaihid certainly wasn't ready to open up and give his whole life story right then and there.

So how did Jaihid keep the conversation off of himself? He tried to keep Beau talking about himself and HIS life.

"You mentioned a sister, is she a student here too?"

In all honestly, Beau was intrigued by the fact that Jaihid was in his second year at the Academy. He found that his mind was instantly filling up with questions that threatened to spill out of him before he could even really think them through. What was it like? What was the Chancellor really like? Was anyone really going to hate him if he was a stoner or was Blanche just trippin' like usual? Well... Maybe that last question had already been answered if Jaihid admitted to being a bit of a stoner himself. Not that it meant anything, Beau still really had no idea if they guy had friends or if he was a loner. Not that he cared, of course. But still.

But the conversation seemed to wrap around to Blanche, and eventually Beau forgot all the questions that had seemed so pressing just a moment before. "Oh, yeah. Blanche is here. She's the whole reason both of us are here really. And if you ask her, she's the student." Beau snickered a little bit, but it was obvious he was fond of her. "I guess being a twin is like that, though. You sorta just go everywhere together."

"Wow, you two are twins?" Jaihid's eyes widened. He had never met twins before, or at least been able to befriend twins. He had heard a lot of wild accusations about twins; That they're psychic, that they can know each other's thoughts, that they're exactly alike, etc etc. But by what Beau was saying, it sounded like he and his sister were pretty different. He also made a comment of going everywhere together, and the thought warmed his heart. "That sounds pretty nice." Jaihid paused for a moment, his eyes getting lost in the repetitive nature of the waves. His mind wandered, he almost opened up more to Beau, almost shared how lonely he had been, being by himself for the past handful of months. How much more bearable life could've been for him if he would've had a sister. He opened his mouth to speak but then quickly shut it, taking another pause before speaking again. "Make sure you cherish that bond, you can't get that from just anyone."

He was able to tear his eyes away from the waves as he glanced down at his phone.

"Awh shoot, we gotta be back to the dorms for whatever surprise they have, don't we?"

Jaihid's amazement at the whole twin thing made Beau laugh, he was used to the reaction but for some reason coming from Jaihid it was more entertaining. "Yup, twins. Haven't been apart since the day we were born, I swear." The sudden switch in Jaihid's energy captured Beau's attention, and although he was high, he found himself studying Jaihid for any hint as to what could be bothering him.

The moment didn't stay for long, however, much to Beau's disappointment. He'd been enjoying Jaihid's company and now he was curious as hell about whatever inner thoughts he had trapped in his brain. It would have to wait though. It was time for the day to trudge along, and for Beau to go cheer on his sister. "Damn-- I was really enjoying myself too." The disappointment in his voice was evident. "At least we have tonight." His voice was dramatically whistful as he said it, and considering the playful wink he shot Jaihid's way, it was obvious he was being playful about it.

© weldherwings.

malakai waialiki
son of moana.

an embarrassed chuckle escaped from malakai's lips as he began to fidget with his obsidian necklace. and although it wasn't apparent in his tone, he was more than thankful that henri was able to laugh off his nerves instead of press him about anything. it wasn't like him to stumble, especially when it came to women, but cecilia's wink had caught him off guard and something about her drew him in like a magnet. eventually, he would find the courage to actually approach her. maybe when he had some liquid courage coursing throughout his system.

reverting back to the conversation at hand, malakai shook his head as a sign of reassurance to his friend's worry. "oh nah man, no one has to worry about not having a room," adjusting the strap of his duffle bag, he nodded towards the west wing and began to slowly walk alongside henri before speaking again. "doesn't matter where we are, everyone's gonna have a bed to sleep on. she made sure of that..," a small smile tugged at the corners of his lips at the mention of his mother moana. somehow, she found her way into every conversation even when he tried his best to keep her out of mind just as she was out of sight. yet somehow, she popped up--whether it be from him or from his company.

eventually, the conversation began to take a turn to cecilia once more, and the same cheesy grin appeared on his face before he was able to turn to henri. appreciation for him began to form at his offer to help him talk to her, but not even malakai thought he was ready for that time just yet. if she was able to catch him off guard so early, she would be able to do it again. and malakai needed some time to recover from the embarrassment and the bruise her wink left on his ego.

"sounds like a good idea for another time, not gonna lie. if that offer still stands later, that is," waialiki replied, a sigh of relief escaping soon after they found themselves in front of a good handful of unoccupied dorms. he turned over to henri once more to show that they had gotten lucky as two dorms with cracked open doors awaited their occupancy. "looks like we're neighbors too."
code by valen t.

Oscar

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

hailee steinfeld

coast

"May I?"
Oscar held out one tattooed arm, using the other one to ruffle through the soft fur of the little dog,
"I have my fair share of them. Designed them myself also. Some might be botanical but none of the mythology. Are you into myths?"

He looked up from playing with the little puppy and gave the girl a toothy grin.
"Oh, I AM the myths"
he responded slyly, before immediately getting distracted by pepper again and booping the little dog on the head.
"sorry that was so dramatic. What do you design?"
he asked, actually looking back up at her again, moving to sit fully on the ground so the little dog could sit on his lap if he wanted to. His clothes were going to get dirty when he inevitably fell flat on his face during sparring and the obstacle course anyway.

"He said you smell funny and he likes you. Seems like Pepper here got a new best friend before I did, props to him."
That wasn't exactly surprising, the smell of the underworld and the dead didn't cling strong enough to him to be offputting to people, but from his time up here he'd become reasonably sure dogs could still sense it, it often made surface dogs uneasy, which just made him miss Cerberus more.
"And by smelling funny I meant, do you have dogs? He can sense canine scents from the way he is acting."
He laughed a little at that.

"Awe. You're very smart, Pepper."
He took a hand from petting the dog to roll up the sleeve on the tattooed arm he'd offered for inspection, revealing the top half of a portrait he had done on his shoulder embedded within the rest of the sleeve, of cerberus and all three heads, stylized of course.
"He probably doesn't smell much like anything you're used to"
he answered, again to the dog.

♡coded by uxie♡

mood | a secretly awkward interaction between girlfriends

location | the beach > obstacle course

outfit | sorry... i'm lazy again

tag | written with nova.the.alien nova.the.alien

collab post; naomi & isla

The soft and sweet kiss that Isla planted against Naomi's buxom lips made her feel whole again. Short or sensual, her kisses held a healing power that coursed through Naomi's body in the best way possible. They served as a constant reminder that they belonged to one another and nothing could diminish their shared love, especially if Fang wasn't the one to instigate the feeling. It was a sense of security that she would always need and it doused her in more happiness than Artagan would ever understand. There wasn't a word in her vocabulary that would accurately describe the feeling.

"A sword and a bow and arrow are hardly similar, hun, but I see where you're coming from," Naomi giggled, her eyes crinkling at their corners when she let out her playful laugh. Every part of her knew that Isla was capable of holding her own, even if she wasn't very handy with a sword. And being that it wasn't Naomi's first year here, she knew that the sparring wasn't a fight to injure. It was meant to be a fun learning experience, meaning that Naomi was sure that she would be safe throughout it all.

After Isla's posed question, Naomi shrugged a little before stuffing her hands into her back pockets. "Well, I signed up for both actually. I figured it would be fun. And we both know how much of an adrenaline junkie I can be." the tone of her voice melted from a sweet and confident one to that of reminiscence. Almost as if there was a sense of longing to crown Naomi's head. "I'm trying to make the most of my last year here before I can't anymore. Fang is gonna need me," she added, her head slowly dropping down to meet the ground below their feet. Going home wasn't much of a touchy subject, she loved home and she loved working alongside Namaari. But things were going to be very different going back. Naomi had a whole village awaiting her reigning and in the pits of her stomach, she knew that things wouldn't be the same for her. Adulting was in store.

"But hey, sparring should be fun! I get to see you in action, hm??," Naomi's energetic optimism returned in her voice as she adjusted her stance. "I can hardly wait, actually. And let's just say, I feel sorry for whoever's paired with me. I've been practicing per usual," she replied with a hardy hint of playfulness before swiping her curved twin daggers from their appointed sheaths on her hip.

Isla smiled a goofy smile, knowing that she'd been ridiculous thinking the two were the same. In all honesty, she'd just gotten the two sign-up sheets mixed up but she had too damn much pride to admit her mistake. Now she was going to eat her consequences and figure it the fuck out-- but if she was paired up with someone that had Naomi's level of skill... she was screwed. But that was a chance she was just going to have to take, it was too late to go back now.

Besides, Naomi's laughter was refreshing to her. It meant that things were okay between them, that she felt like she had less to dodge. Of course, that was probably just her paranoia talking.

But as the conversation took a turn, and as Naomi's disposition turned gloomy, Isla felt as if she was going clammy. Suddenly, it felt as if she couldn't breathe. The darker feelings always had that way with her. Listening to pain and sadness or wistfulness in other people's voices was so hard for her, she always wanted the ground to open up and swallow her whole in those moments.

Isla didn't know what else to do but stare as Naomi spoke about home and spoke about making the most of her last year.

She was thankful when Naomi switched the subject, relief washing over her in a giant wave. "I dunno if seeing me in action will be as fun as you being in action." Isla forced a grin and squeezed Naomi's side affectionately. She watched in clear and avid appreciation when Naomi slipped her blades from her hip. She loved the sort of woman who could kick her ass-- and Naomi was certainly one of the hottest. "Damnnnnn babe. You're going to kill your opponent before you even lay a finger on 'em. Looks alone could take 'em out-- have you seen yourself?"

Naomi's hands dropped to her sides at Isla's compliment. She was far too sweet for her own good and Fang couldn't stop the heat from rising to her cheeks, painting them a rosey color that gave away the effect of her sweet words. Compliments were always a weakness being how modest she was in the presence of her girlfriend and Isla knew it all too well. But still, she couldn't help but succumb to the warm feeling it gave her inside. Secretly, she loved it, even though her blush-tinted cheekbones didn't make it a well-hidden secrecy.

"You always know what to say, don't you?" Naomi replied, before taking a few steps towards Isla again. leaning forward, she allowed herself to plant a gentle kiss against her cheek. "If anything, I'd let myself get distracted by how beautiful you look. Especially when the sun's always crowning you in halos," from Naomi's perspective, Isla was perfect in every way. Almost perfect enough to throw her off her game even when the slightest thought of her formed in her mind. She did it effortlessly, and part of Fang would shamelessly let it happen.

"Just talking about sparring is getting me excited. I'm almost disappointed that it wasn't scheduled first.," she added, making sure to sheath her blades.

Naomi was thankful for Isla's words, and the way she showed her gratitude left Isla feeling mad guilty. She hadn't said them with the intention to make her feel better. Her girlfriend was hot and she said it to distract from the sad shit they'd just managed to graze over.

Isla almost winced as Naomi kissed her cheek as if such a pure show of affection had burned her like holy water to a demon.

"Crowning me in halos hmm?" Isla smirked a little at that, trying her best to feign a chill, flirtatious vibe. Luckily for her, she was a great liar. "Babe, I think you and I both know I'm far from angelic," Isla smirked then and tossed her braided hair over her shoulder for dramatic emphasis. "But I can't deny that I do have a certain glow, hm?"

Naomi's heart fluttered with joy as Isla responded playfully, a giggle managing to escape at the familiar charm laced in Isla's words. Anything the princess said had the tendency to make her smile, even when she was completely unaware of the guilt weighing heavily on her conscience.

"Yes, and you always have. It follows you everywhere you go," Naomi responded, before slipping her hand into the palm of her girlfriend's. Carefully, she tugged, leaning forward a bit to signal that it was time to start walking toward the course, "We should start walking though before we get left behind. They're pretty adamant about being on time, especially since participation kindaaa goes on our record."

Although she never had to learn that the hard way, Naomi was always keen on making sure to follow the rules and regulations of boat school. Regardless of if she was a student, chief blood still lingered within her, even when her mother's reign was miles away.

© weldherwings.

Descendants
!

a visit to waialiki isle ; obstacle course + sparring ♡

main

• h

young dumb & broke

khalid

TREETOP COURSE

;

tl;dr the waialiki isle scene will be separated into four parts, this post is the second part. students were given an hour to unload into their dormitory and use whatever time they had left to explore waialiki isle. now, students have met with the obstacle course instructor and are being escorted to the sight. here is where it will be revealed that they have been tasked to choose one partner to be blindfolded during the entirety of their navigation. let the games begin.

---​

a sense of anticipation and excitement filled the air around them all. the sun peeked through the dense canopy overhead, casting dappled rays of light on the forest floor. towering trees stood tall and proud, their ancient branches reaching towards the sky, serving as natural supports for the intricate network of suspended logs and ropes that formed the course.

clad in sturdy harnesses and equipped with safety gear, some eyes traced the twisted path that led from tree to tree: the forest seemed to hold its breath, waiting for an adventure to unfold. the distant sound of chirping birds mingled with murmurs of anticipation.

their instructor, a seasoned guide in outdoor activities, sported the TeFiti crest as he officially broke the ice by being the first to step forward and turn to face them all.

"alright everyone, listen up!," he called out, his voice naturally projecting confidence. "today, we have an exciting twist in store for you..," his voice trails off a little as a solemn expression began to curl into that of a smirk.

"as you may have already guessed, each of you will be navigating this entire course. however, one of you will be blindfolded through its entirety. no, you cannot take it off. yes, your partner will be the one to help you. put your trust in their hands or else both of you will plummet to the net." the instructor's voice carried over the gentle rustling of the leaves, ensuring everyone understood the challenge ahead of them.

he then begins to read off pairings out loud before giving them a nod of approval to start once they've been buckled together and had their packaged blindfolds distributed. (please reference discord for pairings and for visuals of the treetop course. it is crucial that you consistently use it so no one gets lost or confused).

♡coded by uxie♡

/* ------ left side info ------ */
mood excited & in high spirits.

location waialiki isle; treetop course.

outfit matching blk shorts & cover shirt with a white t, full body harness

mentions cecilia facilier

tag sunshineysoul sunshineysoul

malakai waialiki

the warm afternoon sunlight filtered through the dense foliage, casting a dappled tapestry of shadows on the forest floor. a gentle breeze rustled the leaves, creating a harmonious symphony of nature's whispers. and among the crowd stood malakai, towering in comparison to the other students awaiting their names as the instructor called out partners. his heart danced with anticipation and his limbs began to tingle with buzzing excitement.

while awaiting his name, brown eyes trailed through the assortment of ropes, bridges, and platforms stretched out above, weaving an intricate network among the towering trees. the course beckoned at him, full of promise of thrilling adventures and unforgettable moments, and the air around him was filled with a tangible energy, a mix of emotions, as the others gathered around preparing for the challenges ahead of them.

malakai waialiki and cecilia facilier. the voice of the instructor broke his attention on the obstacle course, causing it to shift as another staff member approached him with a blindfold. with a heartfelt 'thank you' in exchange for the package, malakai's eyes followed the other's finger as he pointed over to his partner, cecilia. when his eyes met her, suddenly his mouth ran dry. fate seemed to have a way of controlling his life against his favor.

every hair on his body rose despite his cool, calm, and collected demeanor as he approached her. a trademark smile cracked his relaxed expression almost habitually even when the forest felt like it was closing around him. instantly, the calming nature morphed into a suffocating box, trapping him from any other direction and the only outing being cecilia.

he could only hope he didn't fuck anything up with his awkwardness.

"looks like we're partners, cecilia," malakai mustered up while finding himself taking a swallow of nothing. the saliva on his tongue seemed to be dissipating with every word he spoke, "think you can trust me to keep us from falling?" a half-jokingly tone of voice escaped from his teeth as he handed her the blindfold.

"and uh.. may i?" he asked, nodding down towards the vacant loop around her waist. malakai had been garbed with a similar full-body harness when they were instructed to put them on. now, malakai was faced with hooking hers up with his own. the final step before they were allowed to participate in the adventure awaiting them.

© weldherwings.

• Waialiki Isle; Treetop Course.

Rude Boy

Rihanna

Tonight, I'ma let you be the captain~

28 minutes ago

nine lives

• how she's feeling...

low-energy, curious, excited (to see the runners fall)

lexi

daughter of the firebird

Dim blue eyes stared up in amazed disgust at the hideous tangle of ropes, nets, and pitiful excuses for bridges strewn about the jungle overgrowth. Lexi could hardly believe it when she took in the instructions set forth for the others. They'd have to navigate that death trap? Blindfolded? One having to trust the other? You'd have better luck trying to tell a wildfire to stay put.

Maybe arriving late wasn't so bad after all; she hadn't arrived in time to be considered for this activity and that simply made her a spectator. No arguments there; physical education in this manner hit too close to home. Rushing past branches and trees with speed and agility was the Sprites' thing, and this obstacle course all but reminded her of the people that raised her and left her. No matter. Rich coming from a bird's child, but the ground was the right place for her. At least from down here, Lexi could get a great view of self-absorbed heirs and heiresses tumbling down helplessly when their 'trust' failed them.

Almost made bothering to come here worth it. Almost.

The sleepy mess of red hair stayed close to the back of the assembled crowd. Partner arrangements were being dictated to the students, an assortment of names Lexi could not put faces to. The best she could do was recognize the name of the boy she had a talk with on the beach, and the name Malakai. A surname identical to this blasted island, she concluded him to be Moana's own heir. Joy. A glance to the name's direction, and Lexi saw...well, she had to strain her neck and look up to really see him. Blyat, he was tall. A choice slab of beef hung on a telephone pole. A dopey, smiley boy, trying to warm up to his chosen partner. She didn't get the sense that he was smiling for smiling's sake. More competitive or hostile temperaments would seek to get under his skin more, see what really made him tick.

Lexi could not be bothered. She was just curious, and all she cared to find out about him was that he was tall and probably too nice to be a problem.

A loud slurp came from her as she sipped a strawful of cold guava juice, trying to brain-freeze her own brain into not thinking too hard about other people.
'Stop trying to be a chess master, Aleksandra,'
Lexi admonished herself, and she was right. Far too many people toyed with everyone else to get ahead of everyone else. Not so with Lexi. No matter how entertaining the game seemed to be, she refused to play it. Was it so hard to just...live and let live?

Her only answer was a cold sneer from the every corner of her mind but one. Perhaps a little of that naive kid in the forest made it out alive.

More and more people were finding their partners now. More faces Lexi would have to know. A lot of odd couples in the course, and she suspected that it was by design. Dough-faced boys with sharp-eyed girls. Chiseled bad boys with boy scouts. Andri, the boy from the beach, found himself matched with a cold-eyed beauty. The straw on her lips stifled a short laugh. He had his work cut out for him. Supposed it was for the best. Matching the students up like so discouraged complacency. They'd work together and succeed while they learned of trust...or they'd flounder miserably and learn from failure instead. Branching paths to a single outcome, but one was much more entertaining. Certainly more entertaining than watching dorks fumble around with harnesses and hooks.

"Come on, start running already!"
Lexi called out from the proverbial nosebleeds, her sardonic crow's rasp of a voice punctuated by a poisonous laugh and another loud slurp from the juice straw. All that was missing was some popcorn.

"I want to see rich kids pay their way out of gravity!"

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
mood
❝ not here for this ❞

outfit
clicky

mentions
Freya

tags
revalia revalia
ANDRI

The crowd pressed and swirled around him, and Andri fought to control his breathing. Mingling crowds were not his thing. Neither was traipsing through an obstacle course that felt miles above the ground, with only the instructions of a randomly selected partner to guide him, but here he was anyway. This whole event was so far out of his comfort zone.

Snap out of it, he told himself severely. You've survived this school so far; this will not end you.

He finished his pep talk just in time to hear the instructor begin to read the list of pairings. "...Caspian Le Fey and Keanu Bahiri, Ebonee Khalil and Andri Whitford, Delora Corazon and Oscar Kore..." Andri quickly tuned the list out after his name was called. Great. He had pretty much zero idea who Ebonee Khalil was. He supposed he should start looking anyways; maybe he would get lucky and stumble upon her.

As he was making his way through the gaggles of students, he heard a familiar voice cutting clear through the chatter around him. He wished they were allowed to choose their own partners. He would be infinitely more comfortable with the one friend he had made so far. Turning his head, he scanned the crowd for the shock of red hair owned by Freya.

This turned out to be a grave mistake, as he found out in short order. His foot collided with an errant bag, and he found himself sprawled rather ungracefully on the ground. He was just grateful no other students had been in the way. There were quite a few of them standing around and most likely judging him for his clumsiness, though. He leaped back to his feet, doing his best impression of a tomato. What a great way to show off his obstacle course prowess.

Welp, at least he could try to determine the location of his partner through this. "Uh, is any of you Ebonee Khalil?" he asked the circle of students.
coded by reveriee.

MOOD: this'll be fun

OUTFIT: Not entirely suited for climbing trees

basics
MENTIONS: Beau (indirectly), Isla (mini mention), & Mallory

INT: Naomi!

tags
TL;DR Jaihid's going through it, but climbing through trees could be fun!
tl;dr
Jaihid Ababwa
talking to the moon, tryna get to you
It had been a good day, Jaihid's second year at Tefiti Academy was off to a wonderful start. He was able to make a new friend while sitting on the beach; Both were something he didn't do regularly, and he genuinely enjoyed his morning. The beach wasn't something Jaihid didn't get to do on a regular basis. Being born in a massive desert, surrounded by mud-brick homes infinitely cramped together, there wasn't a lot of open space, let alone water. Then, soon after he became accustom to the desert, his father landed them on the Island of the Lost. Plenty of water every which way, but still too many crammed buildings. Jaihid was always hard-pressed to be able to enjoy any kind of cluttered, smog-filled scenery since his father always had him running this way and that to help him steal.

There still wasn't any word from his mother, ever since she said goodbye to him at the farewell festival. He had been trying to not dwell on his parents, not wanting the foul acts of his father to ruin his mood on a freaking floating academy, but there was only so much he could do. Cheating? His father? It didn't feel like it was actually possible, but he knew his mother never lied to him. She had told Jai the stories of how they fell in love and came to be together when he was a little boy. They were mystical, he felt like his parents were soulmates because their story felt like a fairy tale every time he heard those stories. His father was the man who tracked down an ancient lamp and entered a contract with a magical genie to get a princess to fall in love with him. From every story he ever heard, the dots were not connecting that he was not loyal to his princess.

So Jaihid's second year at Tefiti Academy was off to an alright start. Sure his mother dropped, what felt like, an atomic bomb on him, but he had been making friends! That was a big step for Jaihid, especially after the fiasco that happened the year before with a certain redhead. One of the first people he had opened up to in his new environment who quickly turned around and stabbed him in the back. It was hard for him to trust anyone else in the academy after that, even though he knew there were good people at the academy. Especially one person in particular, a childhood friend as he liked to call her.

Mallory Dupont. The one person who Jaihid actually befriended growing up on the Isle. She may have described herself as the physical incarnate of evil, being the daughter of one of the most vicious villains in the world, but for some reason, Jaihid and Mallory seemed to connect. It was strange, Jaihid always thought that he didn't connect with his peers on the Isle for the very reason of them being too "villainous" for him. And perhaps, to an extent, they were, but Mallory never exuded that kind of villain persona to him. Of course she was technically a villain, but to Jaihid that was just a descriptor of her identity, it had no part in who she was as a person. Jaihid always felt like he and Mallory had a special bond, being able to sit on rooftops and talk about any and everything; Mallory was the one person Jaihid knew he could always trust.

Now, seeing her in the crowd of students about to participate in the tree-top course, Jai felt his heart warm, like it normally did when his eyes landed on her figure. It was that sense of familiarity, he may not have liked his home on the Isle, but Mallory made it bearable. His eyes seemed to linger on her as his heart wondered how she'd react to the news of her parents; of the possibility of him not returning to the Isle after this year.

And for the first time in what seemed like forever, Jaihid felt the smallest part of his heart longing to stay living in the Isle.

"Jaihid Ababwa and Naomi Fang."

Jai's eyes were pulled away at the call of his name, the staff member pairing him and Naomi. He calmly made his way to the staff to get the harness and blindfold before connecting with Naomi.

Jaihid knew Naomi fairly well. They shared some classes together in their previous years at the Academy, some nice conversation here and there, Jaihid thought she was a good person. He certainly wasn't upset to be paired with her.

Jaihid grew a small smile while gesturing between them, harness and blindfold in his hands.

"Now, I'm certainly willing to be blindfolded, Naomi; However, I have spent a good majority of my life running around rooftops." He extended both hands out, as if asking her to choose between the blindfold or the main harness. "Ladies choice."
code by valen t.

• filler

Freshly stoned and befriended, Beau felt as if he were on top of the world. He hadn't really expected to enjoy this whole Academy thing the way that he knew Blanche would-- lovingly, she was the biggest dork Beau had ever known and school shit was definitely more her vibe than his. This, however, was more like a vacation, and he was thoroughly enjoying it. Especially now that he was basically headed to watch a real-life version of wipeout. Cheering on his sister while experiencing the primetime entertainment of watching people risk falling seemed like a worthy way to spend his time.

As they approached the sidelines of the crowd, he took in the sights of the obstacle course. A whistle sounded out from him as he ran over the course with his eyes. It was more difficult looking than he had expected it to be, and now more than ever he found himself relieved that he had the foresight to not sign up for any of these activities. He liked his limbs when they were in all the right places, and the course seemed like an accident waiting to happen-- particularly if they were going to be blindfolded.

"Oh, it's not that intimidating, Beau." Blanche's voice sounded out behind him before he felt a playful shove at his shoulder. Ever dramatic, Beau jolted his body to the side and started rubbing his shoulder as if she had hurt him.

"Ouch-uhhh, Blanche, give a guy a warning next time." He rolled his eyes, but he chuckled, letting her know that it was all in fun. "Of course you're not intimidated- this stuff is right up your alley anyway."

"Yeah. I guess it is. A little bit."
Blanche loved being competitive, especially with her peers. Beau knew that she was about to have the time of her life.

"Not for me though. Not my thing. I'll be content crossing my fingers on the sidelines that you don't fall to your death." Beau retorted, sticking his tongue out at her. Of course, his words were a little harsh, but they both knew that he was just teasing.

It was Blanche's turn to roll her eyes, this time a little less playfully. "Oh yeahhh yeah. I'm sure you'd love to see me fall. Just like wipeout, right?" Okayyy Blanche really did know him a little too well. Sucked being a twin sometimes.

"I mean. I wasn't gonna say it though. Damn." Beau narrowed his eyes at her and pursed his lips, mock offended by her statement. "I'm not a monster."

"Only--"
Blanche's words were cut off as they began to announce the pairs for the course. Beau was honestly relieved, Blanche was obviously getting to the point where she could be actually offended by him playing around. She was way too serious for her own good if you asked him.

Beau did listen just as intently as she did to the pairings however, curious to see if he would recognize the name that got paired with hers.

"Blanche Rogers and Augustine Facilier..." Beau froze as his sister's name was called out along with a cursed name he never thought he would hear. Sure, he knew they had opened the Academy up to villains this year, but Facilier was not a man that Beau had expected to be a father. A chill went down his spine as he realized that Blanche was about to go head to head with someone-- not just someone, a Facilier. He felt sick to his stomach.

Judging by how hard Blanche was squeezing his hand, he figured that she wasn't too happy about her partner either. He dared to take a glance at her, hoping to gauge her expression.

She was impossible to read, her face almost stone-like in quality. The only indication that she had heard the pairing at all was her grip on his fingers.

"Shit." He mumbled the word under his breath, catching Blanche's attention. To his surprise, she shrugged it off and gave him a reassuring smile before leaning in and whispering in his ear.

"I can't wait to fuck with this guy." Beau had hoped, when she had leaned in to say something, that he would have felt better hearing what she had to say. Instead her words flooding him with dread. Blanche was going to poke the bear. If she poked too hard, she was going to incite wrath that she wasn't ready to deal with. And neither was he.

She took off without another word, intent to go find her obstacle course partner, and Beau was left in the dust, a pit of worry settling into his stomach.

Gone was the lovely floaty feeling he'd had after smoking the last of his joint. Sobriety seemed to hit him like a freight train.

"Come on, start running already!"

A voice sounded out, slightly from behind him, and his gaze darted over. It was enough to pull him out of his worried reverie. A good thing, honestly, he could make himself sick worrying about Blanche and the trouble she was getting into. His gaze fell on someone with shocking orange hair, Beau was convinced it would burn him if he touched it, and a wicked cool vibe-- despite drinking what looked to be juice.

Hell, Beau could dig it. He fucking loved juice.

"I want to see rich kids pay their way out of gravity!"

HIs smile twitched at the corners when she spoke again. Despite being one of those proverbial 'rich kids' he didn't really think of himself as spoiled. Tiana had done her best to make sure they wouldn't be, and although it hadn't quite worked on Blanche, it had worked on Beau just fine. "I like the way you think." He found himself engaging in conversation yet again. Just like Beau, to make nice with every stranger he laid his eyes on-- but this one was built like a comic book character... in the most respectful way of course.

"I'm hoping it's like wipeout but better, you know? Because I'm watching it happen in real time." Beau scanned the participants of the challenge until his gaze landed on Blanche. She was the only one that he didn't want failing.

beau rogers

child of tiana

lexi

♡coded by uxie♡

• filler

Blanche had bounced off from Jean and attempted to find her brother. Unfortunately, she wasn't quite as successful as she had hoped-- where had he gotten off to anyway? She supposed he was off sneaking a smoke, or making a new friend. Or maybe he was napping. All of the above were options and she wouldn't put a single one past him.

She checked the time anxiously, hoping that she could spot Beau before the obstacle course began. She was itching to tell him about the guy she'd just met and the odd sort of feeling that she'd gotten from him. The drawback of not making friends as quickly as Beau did meant that she had a solid one person to talk about this sort of thing to. And apparently that one solid person was nowhere to be found right when she needed him.

Time went by faster than her searching skills could fight, and ever a stickler for the rules, Blanche headed to the obstacle course more than a bit dejected and with thoughts of Jean swirling around in her head.

A crowd had already accumulated by the time Blanche had arrived, and her eyes darted around in search of her brother. She knew he didn't sign up for anything, he really had no interest in doing so, but she had at least hoped she would see him there supporting her. More students gathered in the crowd, and finally, towards the back, she watched Beau approach-- his eyes giving his previous activities away.

Jeez, he really couldn't lay off the weed for even a second, could he? She considered, for a moment, berating him about it, but her desire to talk about Jean won out and she quelled the outrage that had bubbled up inside of her. Beau wouldn't respond to that very well anyway.

Instead, she approached him calmly, and when she heard his whistle of almost-admiration at the obstacle course, a smile spread from cheek to cheek. Any upset she had felt at seeing her twin show up high as hell was entirely forgotten. A chance to tease him about something she was good at had arisen, and she was absolutely an opportunist. She was gonna take it where she could get it.

"Oh, it's not that intimidating, Beau." Blanche's voice oozed out in a very smarmy manner, and there was a hit of condescension in her tone that she knew Beau might not appreciate. She risked it anyway. She paired the words with a playful shove at his shoulder, which he reacted rather dramatically to. Typical Beau fashion, honestly. She had expected it.

He reeled away from her, rubbing at the place that she had shoved. "Ouch-uhhh, Blanche, give a guy a warning next time." He chuckled then, which only solidified Blanche's knowledge that he was messing around. "Of course you're not intimidated- this stuff is right up your alley anyway." He was right, for the most part. Competition of any sort called to her, and she was certainly active enough to be a part of this one. She knew she was going to be fantastic, but it was so validating to have Beau agree without prompting him. Brothers were good for some things.

"Yeah. I guess it is. A little bit." She feigned being humble-- she might actually be full of herself, and Beau honestly probably knew that, but she still wanted to act humble anyway. People never really responded well to a big ego anyway.

"Not for me though. Not my thing. I'll be content crossing my fingers on the sidelines that you don't fall to your death." She knew he was playing, but his words still struck a bit of a nerve. She believed he ought to be whole-heartedly on her side always. He should constantly be rooting for her to win, and she hardly thought that was a joking matter. It annoyed her that he found the entertainment in it.

Despite it striking a nerve, Blanche tried to keep herself cool. "Oh yeahhh yeah. I'm sure you'd love to see me fall. Just like wipeout, right?" Her tone remained chill, but her eye twitched in annoyance, and she knew Beau had caught it. Oh well, that was on him for being mean about it.

"I mean. I wasn't gonna say it though. Damn. I'm not a monster." Oh yeah, for sure. The defensiveness of his tone let her in on the knowledge that he did notice her upset, and he felt the iciness of her mood. At least he wasn't going to make another joke about it. She hoped.

"Only--" She was going to say 'only monsters would wish a horrible death on their twin' but the announcements for the obstacle course began, and she shut herself right up. She was desperate to find out who she would be competing with, and hoped that she would be able to wipe the floor with them against the rest of the students.

She listened as student names were listed off, ears perked for her own. There were a couple names she recognized-- Jean's being one of them. The name Facilier was paired with his first name, and the corners of her lips threatened to turn up into a sick smile. He'd had a certain vibe about him, and now Blanche knew why. Next time, she would be on her guard around him-- and yet, knowing that he was a Facilier almost made her more curious about him.

It wasn't the only time she heard Facilier in the line up. As her name was called out, she listened harder, fi that were even possible. Augustine Facilier. There were two of them? She reached out and grabbed Beau's hand. She knew how much he seemed to freak out every time the Facilier name was mentioned. She squeezed his hand hard, attempting to reassure him that she was here for him.

"Shit." Beau's whispered tone reached her ears, and she turned her face to meet his gaze, and shot a smile his way. He had nothing to worry about. She was going to be able to handle herself. In her opinion, both Facilier's she'd somehow found herself involved with, were about to meet the whirlwind that was Blanche Rogers, and if she had her way, neither of them would be ready for it.

She leaned in close to Beau and whispered in his ear. "I can't wait to fuck with this guy." Whether she was talking about Jean, or Augustine, not even Blanche knew. It was likely that it was both.

Without any further attention to Beau, she took off to find her partner, eager to get started.

blanche rogers

child of tiana

mentions jean minajesty minajesty & auggie @finnly.

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

hamada

tadashi.

mood

intrigued, excited.

outfit

treetop course.

interactions

freya.

tags

Apparently he wasn't doing too bad! Freya was extremely nice and fun to talk to and she was able to handle his energy and even match it with her own. Honestly, it was more than he could dare to hope for on this boat. Maybe it wasn't a bad idea to come here after all.

He could never let his father know. Hiro would never let his son live that admission down.

"Ohhh, okay, treetop course...that doesn't sound too bad! I mean...maybe. Uh....actually I have no clue, how is this supposed to work? Do you know, did they announce it yet or is it supposed to be announced later...?"
he rambled on again.

Maybe Tadashi should work on that. It's probably why so many people got easily annoyed with him when he was younger. He tended to just let his mouth run without thinking twice about it.

"Yeah! Absolutely, sounds great, let's go!"
he cheered. He made a gesture with his hand for her to go first.
"Lead the way my red-headed friend!"

As they made their way across the isle to where the course was being held, Tadashi was more than happy to keep chatting mindlessly with his new friend. He was just glad that she wasn't getting tired of hearing him prattle on. Of course, they took turns, so one wasn't going on for too long.

"Seems we arrived just in time."
he whispered to Freya, as the instructor started to go over everything. Biting his lip he did his best to stay in place, but he couldn't help but fidget. He wasn't used to standing still, he spent most of his time working on something, keeping his hands busy. Sure, listening to these instructions were important, but god was it hard to focus with his mind bouncing every which way.

His fingers twitched where they hung by his side, and he couldn't help the sigh of relief that escaped him when the instructor began listing off the pre-assigned pairs. He perked up at the sound of his name paired with freya's.

"Hey! Looks like I got lucky! Glad to be partnered with you, new buddy!"
he grinned, turning to face the shorter girl.
"So uh, someone has to be blindfolded and one isn't and they tell the blindfolded one where to go? Did I get that right?"
he repeated his understanding of their task.

"So uh, do you want to be blindfolded, or me?"

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

khalil

ebonee.

mood

annoyed.

outfit

treetop course.

interactions

(m.) elias, ash. andri.

Fucking boat school. She'd said it before, she'd say it again. Fucking boat school.

When Ebonee had first heard about the treetop obstacle course, she'd been looking forward to it. It sounded like it'd be - dare she say it? - fun. Originally, the idea of an obstacle course in the trees sounded right up her alley. Having spent her whole life jumping over rooftops and climbing awkward structures and other dangerous things, this sounded like a fun workout if nothing else. Then they had declared there'd be partners.

Even better! Her and Elias had been working together most of their lives, this would be a piece of cake! No need to worry, this would be a piece of cake. But of course, nothing was ever easy for one Ebonee Khalil. They were being assigned partners. And of course, she wouldn't be gifted her actual partner, no, she was being told to work with some hero boy named Andri?

"Fucking boat school..."
she grumbled, narrowing her eyes behind her sunglasses as she scanned the surrounding crowd. She crossed her arms over her chest to add to her look of annoyance.

Something had told her that when she, Elias, and Ash had left their little table to attend this announcement that she was going to end up disappointed and pissed off. She should've known things had been looking too good to be true. Her luck never lasted. And why should it? She was just the unlucky daughter of Jafar. A little girl who was never meant to be of use to anyone.

She huffed in annoyance once more, catching sight of some idiot tripping over a random bag. Normally, she would've laughed, the sight having cheered her up a tad. And maybe she would have, if the next words out of the idiot's hadn't included her name.

"Fucking dammit.
she groaned loudly, not caring who heard her. She threw her head back, her curls flying around her shoulders as she closed her eyes as if she was in pain. In a way, she kind of was.
"Just my fucking luck..."
she muttered to herself.

Uncrossing her arms, she made her way to Andri, the idiot on the floor. One hand on her hip, the other pulling her sunglasses down her nose slightly, she stared down at her 'partner'.

"You're Andri, then?"
she asked, despite already knowing the answer.
"Let's get this over with, then. Can you climb at all? No?"

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

bahari

keanu.

mood

anxious.

outfit

treetop course.

interactions

(m.) ruby. caspian.

For a minute, Keanu thought he'd been having a good time. The beach had always been a safe spot, even with the possibility of him transforming. Knowing that he was surrounded by other students on the isle, he refrained from going too close to the water, but even the breeze alone was enough to bring him the smallest amount of peace. Although it wasn't enough, at least, it wasn't until Ruby stumbled upon him.

She'd been kind and without even knowing him had tried to cheer him up. The thought of a stranger wanting to be nice to him for no reason was just...shocking. He was actually sad that their conversation had been interrupted by the need to head to the first activity of the day. He'd stammered through a response as they made their way inward but ended up separating in the crowd that had gathered around the instructor.

The more he heard, the more Keanu regretted signing up for the course. He'd thought that between sparring and an obstacle course, he'd chosen the lesser of two evils. Clearly he hadn't.

For Poseidon's sake, he really hoped he didn't end up dead after this. He was meant to be in the ocean, not the trees. He was definitely having second thoughts. Unfortunately, it seemed like he was stuck and didn't have a choice in the matter. What made it worse though was the fact that blindfolds and unknown partners were being introduced. This was not going to end well.

Biting his lip anxiously, he listened for his name, torn between being curious at the name partnered with his and wincing. He could do both in the end. He honestly was curious about who he was supposed to work with. Caspian Le Fey? That was his name right? He hadn't seen him yet, at least he didn't think he had. If he did, he didn't know it.

It was his own fault honestly. Keanu knew he tended to stick to himself and stay off to the side, not wanting to get in someone's way and cause problems. So he tended to miss a lot of people, even if they walked right in front of him.

He risked a glance around the crowd and sighed at the sight of multiple others doing the same.
"U-um..."
he cleared his throat. He figured he should make an attempt to find his partner, despite his new desire to run for the ship and hide. Blindfolds and being up in the trees? No thank you. He was already trying not to have a panic attack and summon a storm.

"I-I'm...I'm looking for Caspian?"
he called out, a little louder than before. Maybe if he was lucky his partner was nearby and had heard him?

He wouldn't hold his breath.

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back