[SIZE= 18px]Derek Ves[/SIZE]

Agitator

Combuster

Derek.jpg

Basic Information

Ethnicity: American

Hair Color: Light Brown

Eye Color: Dark Brown

Physical Description: A man of the forge, Derek has a well toned physique from moving heavy metals for most of his days. He stands in at a reasonable 5'9" tall and weighs a rather large 210 pounds. His image has never been of importance and Derek hardly ever combs his hair or cuts it. He likes to let it just hang until it gets to the length where he starts being mistaken for a woman. He has several scars along his arms from when he was burned working the forge when he was younger. His casual clothes include a leather jacket, jeans, sneakers and a white t-shirt. When he's working its mostly the same except for boots instead of sneakers and a protective smock.

Social Information

Profession: Blacksmith

Organizations: None

Family: Derek's family is rather small and limited. Due to some infighting among all the members they hardly ever talk to each other and live in different parts of the world. They do occasionally write letters to one another. Derek calls his son and ex-wife more frequently than he speaks to his actual family.

Father: Jason Ves 69 years old Agitator Retired Dock Worker(Loading/Unloading)

Mother: Georgia Ves 68 years old Changer Model

Brother: Isaac Ves 29 years old Changer Zoologist

Ex-Wife: Lucille Ves 30 yeas old Agitator Archaeologist

Son: Max Ves 10 years old Agitator Student

Personality: Derek is a direct kind of guy. He hates to beat around the bush and play political games, thus why he can't stand authors and dreamers. If something needs to be done or said, do it or say it. He is fairly volatile in terms of temper, but has a great deal of control over his ability. Derek is aware of his flaws and tries to work on them. To another extent, Derek is a very passionate person. He gets caught up in his task and tends to forget about the world around him for days on end. This is primarily what caused the divorce between him and his former wife. He cares about the psyons and is willing to help in anyway he can. However, he is still stubborn and refuses to let go of a great deal of his beliefs. Derek likes camping, old castles and the stories about the knights of the round table. He recites them to his son all the time.

Major Strength: Derek's perseverance is unmatched. He refuses to give up no matter how grim, except in the case of remarrying his ex-wife. He gave up on that after five years of trying.

Biggest Flaw: Derek severely distrusts author's and dreamers. Authors can see how much pain he's in from his past and dreamers are just odd to him. At least with changers, travelers and agitators, he can understand and see what he's dealing with. The other two are far too weird for his tastes to handle.

My Creator's Information:

What I enjoy most in RPs: I greatly enjoy character development and interactions.

What I most want to do in this RP: I want to see how the story progresses, grows and changes based off each characters' actions, decisions and beliefs.

What I most want to do with this character: I would like to see Derek finally outgrow his utter distrust of dreamers and authors. I would also like him to grow and learn to be a better father to his child and understand that work and helping isn't everything. However that comes about will be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's up to you which character you'd rather have- Minerva or Derek- so I'll give you the critique for both and you can decide based on the changes needed which you want to pursue.

• Derek only has one stated advantage. Since he has a disadvantage, he should have two advantages... or you can take out the disadvantage and just have one advantage. Basically, if you have 0 disadvantages you have 1 advantage. If you have one disadvantage, you have 2 advantages. I hope that makes sense!
  • Try to shy away from absolutes. If Derek wants to be one of the best at his forging, please give him an advantage for that skill; otherwise he'll be proficient or adept but not more exemplary than any other player if they took an advantage for it. To be the absolute best is a difficult thing for anyone to assert and I'm not sure I'd let anyone be the best at something. Our characters should be interesting but not super famous and so extraordinary they are out of place going on this unassuming adventure.
  • Agitators rely on their temper to initially get their power to 'flare' but most need a lot of self-control to begin mastering it. He can be volatile, but if he is then he will have lapses in control over his powers. If he's more disciplined with himself and suppresses his anger better, he'll be more apt to control his abilities. He needs to be able to control his anger, not have it control him if he wants to be a good agitator.

It's up to you which character you'd rather have- Minerva or Derek- so I'll give you the critique for both and you can decide based on the changes needed which you want to pursue.

• Derek only has one stated advantage. Since he has a disadvantage, he should have two advantages... or you can take out the disadvantage and just have one advantage. Basically, if you have 0 disadvantages you have 1 advantage. If you have one disadvantage, you have 2 advantages. I hope that makes sense!
  • Try to shy away from absolutes. If Derek wants to be one of the best at his forging, please give him an advantage for that skill; otherwise he'll be proficient or adept but not more exemplary than any other player if they took an advantage for it. To be the absolute best is a difficult thing for anyone to assert and I'm not sure I'd let anyone be the best at something. Our characters should be interesting but not super famous and so extraordinary they are out of place going on this unassuming adventure.
  • Agitators rely on their temper to initially get their power to 'flare' but most need a lot of self-control to begin mastering it. He can be volatile, but if he is then he will have lapses in control over his powers. If he's more disciplined with himself and suppresses his anger better, he'll be more apt to control his abilities. He needs to be able to control his anger, not have it control him if he wants to be a good agitator.

I think it'll be easier to fix Derek than Minerva. As such, I will work him out. Also, I play a lot of females in other RP's. This will be a nice break where I get to enjoy playing my own gender. Plus, I feel he has more growth potential than Minerva, even WITH her sheltered woodland lifestyle. Plus figuring out how to manage Brutus into the story would be difficult. She could easily influence people to think she's blind and that the wolf is actually her seeing eye animal. But Brutus? Nope. No working around the massive Grizzly. Also, never meant to make him the best, just really good. If I ever said he was THE BEST or ONE OF THE BEST that was just me typing off which is my style. I don't tend to reread my message and small things can pop up, gladly fix it. He's just really skilled and willing. Not a lot of people would try to recreate those specific swords for the money an 18 year old can muster up. Know what I mean?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back