• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Demon Hunters; FOR Hire

"Yeah, because someone would want to impersonate me," she growled lowly and bit her wrist. Her blood ran red, just as it was supposed to. Her blue eyes glowed softly and the wound healed up before their eyes. Angel shrugged it off and reached down to pick up Feliks by his scruff.

"Thanks," she grumbled as she walked past the Demon spider thing. Angel dragged the unconscious wolf into his van and closed the door. "Couldn't leave him for some Demon to sink it's teeth into. He'll be fine," she sighed. "I'm already wanted by the O, so I really have nothing to lose," she bared her teeth as she stalked away.

"Come on, Neow. I can hear those thick headed Demons thumping towards us right now. Then we can talk about what Ana said about me," she unlocked a car farther off. It was a a black 1970 Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda. Her smile widened as she opened the driver door.

"This was my mother's favorite car," her eyes softened as she ran her paw over the door then sat got in the car. "Hurry up. You still have to get some things from your house and I think Ana may have sent some assets over there to check it out," she turned on the muscle car, the engine purring to life.

"Just being cautious about it..." he quickly muttered to himself as he followed and hopped in the car.

It was oddly unnerving for him to see Angel's wounds zip themselves up almost instantly like that... It felt... wrong in a sense, especially knowing her background now but... He honestly wasn't too different himself, especially when he can unlock his more constructive powers in the future...

"Don't suppose you got a robot with a shotgun in here do you? Or a Bruce Willis chasing us once we start drivin eh?"
Neow joked as he double checked the back seat for anything that may have crawled in without permission, satisfyingly finding no demons in the back, he kept searching for something he could maybe use that Angel may have stashed.

"In all seriousness I hope this wont draw any attention, because we're definitely gonna get shot at in a minute or two.

But I don't know if it's such as good idea to hit up my place, Order's probably all there and so are your Dad's goons too i'd imagine. Probably all killing each-other right now, and hopefully that old hag too, who keeps leaving her garbage on my doorstep every damn Tuesday."
He joked again... this one really old and just awful racist human lady always kept doing some real inconsiderate shit to most Anthros in the apartment complex, yet administration wouldn't kick her out because she was an employee's mother or something...

"Sure I've got some weapons hidden around my apartment and my car, but otherwise, aint got much besides all my passwords, cloths, computers, and other Non-Order stuff that i definitely would consider totally important!"

He said with some sarcasm in his voice as he felt Angel starting to drive the car and take a sharp turn, knocking him around a bit as he looked around for things to use in the back.

"I assume the Order want to "retrieve an asset" besides the one that's right here in my chest, or they after you cause they think you've gone rogue?"

He asked Angel, his head still down and looking around the back...

For a minute though, Neow thought about Terra back inside the Hospital... he hoped that girl was okay...

And if Angel asks about the knife... Nah... she doesn't seem to be the jealous type... that snow leopard still seemed a few years younger anyways... maybe 17 or 18...

Neow thought to himself silently...

(Hrmmm, i think i kinda wanna try expanding a bit of a side-story for other characters while also Rping as Neow at the same time! Like, split off a section after the main stuff with a ---- line and Turn over an eye to a side story that's happenin at the same time mebbe? IDK about ti just yet but i think it'd be fun! (you wouldn't have to do anything for sidestories if u dont wanna btw))

Last edited by a moderator:
"If I had any of those things, do you truly believe I'd tell you?" she spoke softly, eyes focused on the road before her. she took the turns sharp and the outside world was a blur. But there was no danger of her hitting anything. Angel had mastered the art of driving both cars and motorcycles. Cycles were her favorite, much slimmer and easier to maneuver but there would be no way they'd be able to hightail it on one bike.

Angel, deciding to leave everything behind as is, turned around. She had to get to the highway but the farthest one, the one still open. One of Kasimir's tactics was to cut off the highways and freeways to keep the city isolated in his attack. "The O wants you for the same reason I'm taking you. they want you because Kaz wants you. They want to strip him of everything he has to get to the bastard. The O wants me because they think that I'm in on it with my father and I too am a threat to your safety," she darted narrowly between cars.

"If you're looking for weapons, they're underneath the backseats. I have a few handguns with silencers, a grenade or two and several types of daggers and swords. Take what you want but shoot me and I will be sure to show you the extent of my powers," she turned to him with guarded eyes, livid with the threat.

Angel couldn't risk relaxing around the grey wolf as she did before. She was 'kidnapping' the canine and he could snap any second. Neow had the ability to take her out, keep the car and weapons and just drive. And she trusted him to the extent of them being on the same team. But was Neow really on her team? He held his paw up at her before and that had honestly hurt her. So she wasn't going to risk it and just treat him like any other slab of meat she had to protect.

There were times when Angel wanted to (metaphorically) strangle Ana, her friend's wife, but this time, she felt as if she could really do so. Ana didn't have to go into the damn hospital. She didn't have to spill the beans about Angelus's Dark power. Ana knew that Angelus hated herself for that very reason. But Angel wasn't deaf and as she went to retrieve Neow, she could see that Ana had beat her to it. Her paws gripped the steering wheel tightly.

"So, you have a secret admirer, huh? I didn't think you were the type to use your job for hook ups, Neow. That poor Leopard 'B-but you guys were s-so cool though!!! I saw how you protected yourself and shot a laser at them and everything! I-it was so amazing!'" Angel spoke in a high soprano voice, mimicking the waitress.

As Neow retrieved the weapons, he took at least three pistols, two for him, and one for Angel if she hadn't had one already. Grabbing a few silver swords and knives and just piling them on the top of the back seats, he'd leave the grenades alone for now, last thing he wanted was collateral damage or civilian casualties.

"Why the hell would I shoot you when you're the one driving and saving me at the moment? I trust the Order just as much as you do at this rate, and If you wanted to kill me, you could just probably scratch me or something, but considering you haven't done that and how much you seem to hate your Dad, ill give you the benefit of the doubt right now, But I can't say I appreciate the aggressiveness right now either though."

The grey wolf said rather sternly, he didn't look at Angel as he sat up in the front, double checking the Ammo in the pistols, satisfied and counting at least 12 bullets each in them, he made sure they were ready for a fight and holstering a long knife or two in his belt.

He blushed and shot Angel a annoyed and embarrassed look when she mentioned Terra.

"H-hey! Come on now! She's probably a minor or something! And I wasn't expecting her to show up! But She also seemed to Admire you quite a lot too you know!"

He couldn't think of what to as he tore his eyes away from Angel, somewhat embarrassed and a bit offended she'd even imply that....

However, something caught Neow's eye's the rear-view mirror, spotting some of Kasimir's men in a van attempting to follow them through all the normal traffic...

"Aww hell, We're being followed... If we have to fight, promise me to NOT cause any civilian casualties will you? Also, where are we going? I already know my place sure as hell isn't an option, looking at the turns you made here? So what's our destination?"

He asked Angel as he kept his eyes on the goons following them from afar....

----------------------------------------

Meanwhile, back at the Hospital, Terra sat in the corner of the room, the knife that was given to her clutched to her chest, ears flattened to her head and tail curled around her knees, her breathing fast and scared....

The Announcement on the TV from the Order kept repeating over and over, warning all civilians to evacuate immediately and to avoid all Demons and Order operations....

It kept saying over and over this was a Quarantine level situation... She didn't quite understand what it meant but.. she knew it simply wasn't good...

She needed to get out of here she knew... She couldn't stay here for very long,it was dangerous...

She looked at the knife that she held in her hands, the light reflecting off it's shiny silver surface...

"If... If i take care of it... It'll protect me...."

She muttered to herself... Remembering what the grey wolf said....

She slowly stood up and took a couple of deep breaths, shuffling over to the door... listening through ti for anything that may be lurking outside...

She could feel herself shaking... and was so scared... She's only ever seen Demons from afar and being handled by Order members...

And now she was smack dab in the middle of the danger now...

She didn't know if she could bring herself to kill... not even one of those terrifying, awful Demons....

But if she was going to survive.. she needed to leave, like everyone else already has... Taking a quick glance at her pink phone, it's been about half an hour since he left... no doubt everyone else was cleared out now too....

Taking another deep breath, knife in hand, she slowly creaked open the door, peeking out for any dangers....

A bitter laugh escaped her, sharp in the silence. "Saving you. If only the O knew," her eyes grew dark as he spoke of her giving him a mere scratch.

"Scratch? Neow, I don't claw about like an idiot kitten. If I wanted to take your magic, you'd be in a world of pain just from the injury," she spoke through gritted teeth. The road cleared and the car hit an even 80. The WOlf could only imagine aggression. Imagine the fury she felt towards her father.

"Minor? I never thought that was an issue with men," her voice low as he pointed out her father's goons. "Don't fight. Where we're going, we just need to be fast," she smiled devilishly. Pulling out a phone, she lef tone paw on the wheel as she neared 90 but the dial was barely to the halfway point.

"Destination 3. And be ready to catch the cat when we roll in. We have a tail and it's not pretty. Tell him to get the damn metal ready to roll when we get there. I dunno, maybe in..." she looked at the passing signs. "Gimme 15 minutes. Yes, I'm driving while talking. No, I-Yeah, actually I just hit 100. Oh shut it and get everything ready," she spoke to someone on the phone then tossed it into her lap, putting both paws on the wheel.

"Keep low, Neow. You're my pretty little package and I can't have you damaged. Then I'll face some real jailtime," she clicked her tongue. "I doubt that they'll shoot, considering we're both very valuable to my father's plan but to be safe," Angel spoke quickly.

Neow kept his eyes trained on the men who were following them the entire time Angel talked, making sure they weren't pulling any weapons or sending off any demons right after them...

He rolled his eyes and sighed... She obviously still wasn't in the mood to discuss things...

But wouldn't a a simple scratch make you all the more dangerous? he thought to himself as he listened in on her conversation... Raising a surprised and confused eyebrow at her.

"Hearing you say that i'm just a "package" isn't very re-assuring you know." he said with a bit of a angry frown.

"But who exactly are you working with here then if it isn't the Order or your Dad's goons?" He questioned her, making sure he had the pistols at ready when he took another glance at the mirror, and spotting a fast moving and agile black monstrosity hopping from car to car after them.

With a bit of a surprise and fright as his ears perked up and eye wide open, he turns to Angel for a quick moment.

"Angel, step on it or get us the hell out of this traffic! There's a Pursuer hopping from car to car!"

He made an Angry grunt as he looked at all the cars that it was hopping on top of, causing a disturbance amongst all the civilians and causing blockages and more, he could see they were loosing the van though.

"I'd shoot the damn thing if i could, but we can't risk the damn civs!"

He'd keep his eyes on the mirror and checking the road ahead for whoever these people with Angel were...

----------------------------------------------------

Seeing nothing outside the door Terra rushed as quietly as she could in the hospital's corridors, stopping every few steps for her ears to adjust and flick to listen in onto any sounds amongst the near deathly silence around her...

Every moment felt like 20, each filled with the fear of the nightmares that were creeping around in this place....

Back in the room she could hear gunshots and fighting outside... demons screaming and slaying men and women who were far braver then her...

She looked out a window as she passed by one of the visiting areas... quietly shivering to herself as she could see both demons and people's corpses littered around the parking lot and the lobby entrance a few floors down... Broken glass and blood everywhere... No living things in sight as everyone living had already left or they were out on the roads near the hospital....

She couldn't bare to look anymore as she backed away into a wall, collapsing onto her weak knees, trying not to loose herself to fear...

"I need to keep going... I need to... I have to..." She quietly muttered to herself, trying not to cry as her hands shook, almost loosing her grip on the knife as she slid her back up against the wall to stand again...

Turning and looking around visiting area, seeing a nearby employees only stairwell...

Taking another few deep breaths as she shakily went over, opening the door and peering down the stairwell...

(Feel free to influence Terra's parts if you want to by the way! I'm just gonna keep moving her along trying to develop her and all of that!)

"There's more dangerous things than Authority and Power. You'll understand it soon enough," she sighed, voice almost civilized as she continued to press the accelerator down to put some space between them and the Demons. "You know, I haven't seen a Demon stick it's own neck out into the fire since I left the Institute."

"Looks like this is our stop," she made a sharp turn onto the exit, the Demon left on the freeway. "I can't decide whether I want to just give you back to the O or continue because I'm seriously pissed off now. How the hell did Demons get snipers?" she spat, nodding to the waving red dot along Neow's collarbone. It steadied and then she shoved him back into the seat, the glass shattering.

"Are you kidding me?!" she yelped, a shard cutting into her forearm. "You okay? Did it hit you?" Angel looked to him with big eyes. The car had slowed to an 80 and sped between the alleyways of a smaller city. The van was too big for the ones she got through. "Get ready to run. You do as I say when I say," she nodded and a garage on her right opened as she went through it.

Inside was a huge warehouse and the walls held parked private jets. In the center of this was the small, red figure of Anastasia. She leapt to the side as Angel stopped the car right next to her. "We had a following van and some Demons playing leap frog on civie cars. Get back to the freeway and keep going until you get to Destination 5," she leapt out of the car, speaking aloud to Ana.

"Neow! Get to the jet!" she barked sharply. As Ana got into the driver's seat, Angel grabbed Ana's arm. "We'll talk later about that cute little interview you had with Neow," she spoke lowly. The sentence itself sounded threatening but her voice was honestly hurt. Ana shrank in the leather seats then sped off out of a garage opposite of the one Angel came in.

"Let's go!" Angel grabbed Neow's wrist and dragged him to an idling private jet. "Property of Rosabella Mariae. My father must be kicking himself now for asking my mother to put everything in my name on her will," she gave half smile and pushed him inside. the interior was a beige leather with cherry wood. It was quite roomy but Angel didn't stop to stare at the reclining seats.

"Sit down and strap in. I can't have you tumbling around," she nodded and strapped her self into her own seat, the jet already going down the runway.

"Jesus!"

Neow yelped as he got down to dodge the bullet, the glass shattering all around on top of him...

"I'm fine, but holy hell they're really damn desperate!" He responded as they made into the hangar, holstering the two pistols along his belt as he jumped out of the car to follow Angel, incredibly surprised to see Anastasia here...

He wouldn't question how she got here so fast for now as he gave the red fox a nod of acknowledgement and followed Angel into the jet, always checking corners and compartments for any possible Demons on board, just in case.

As he strapped himself into the seat he looked up to Angel again.

"I'll be honest I still have no idea what's going on here and you still haven't answered my question to where the hell we're even going!"

He said as he looked outside one of the windows, seeing Ana drive the car they were just in out of the hangar now...

"God this feels like some over the top action movie or something, but if they know these were your mother's, they're probably already aiming their sights on us right now!"

He said with some worry and concern in his voice.

Neow didn't exactly fancy the idea of flying in a depressurized plane if they were smart enough to take out any windows as they took off...

(Don't got much to say this time, sorry, and sorry for taking a bit to do this one.)

-------------------------------------

As Terra went down the stairs, step by step, carefully listening for anything moving... She eventually reaches the first floor...

"Im almost there.. Im almost there...."

She quietly muttered to herself as she peeked around another door, seeing nothing but darkness in the lobby she was entering...

She listened... but there was nothing to be heard but a deathly silence and her own soft footsteps as she took step by step into the darkness...

She could barely see a thing as she had to feel around, finding herself going along a wall... Eventually seeing sunlight coming in from a faraway corner... She begins rushing towards it until she feels a chilling liquid splashing on the bottom of her paws...

Looking down at her feet, she could barely make out a deep red color... She froze in fear as she made the realization, glancing to her side to see outlines of bodies in the darkness...

In a dark corner acrossed what she assumed was another lobby, she could hear a coarse, heavy breathing... and the opening of two, demonic yellow eyes that looked directly at her, feeling it almost pierce her soul as she could hardly make out it's exterior... But she knew immediately what it was, seeing it's form begin to shift, clawed extremities reaching outwards from it's body as it made a terrifying hissing sound...

Immediately... Terra began to run, run as fast as she could towards the lights at the other end of the hallway.

Hearing a ghastly screech behind her, she knew it was chasing her... but she couldn't stop or look back.

Her grip on the knife tightened as she kept running, hearing the demon tear up the floor after her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back