• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Demon Hunters; FOR Hire

Neow46

The Man Among Gods
This is a Roleplay for Me and Guardia only!

-------------------------------------------------------

Ashbourne... Yet another Job in another Town...

A young man thought to himself, as he loaded silver bolts and bullets into a hidden arm canon mounted on his left arm, flicking his wrist to arm the weapon and pulling down the sleeve of his jacket, Music blasted in his Large, grey Wolfish ears through headphones connected to his mobile cell phone as he pulled a hidden knife out of a hidden pocket on his thigh, inspecting it's sharpness and finding it satisfyingly Sharp....

I wonder what kind of hellspawn they found this time... they said it was big enough of a Job that i needed a partner for this...

He opened up his right palm with a quick movement, and a magical spark of deep red energy appeared in his hand, sparking an almost blood red colored electricity that gently circled his entire right hand... Any observant onlooker would notice the red glow underneath his cloths over the center of his chest as he examined the Magical energy in his hand...

Hell, maybe i'll even have to use this The Modifier for once Here...

He closed his hand, immediately dissipating the energy and the Red glow his chest emitted as he pulled out his phone, checking for any messages.... Still no new messages, and that partner was supposed to arrive in the back of this alley that he was sitting here in wasting time.... should be any time now though...

This guy's name was Neow.

Lightweight Build, Somewhere around 5'7 or 5'11, not sure, Grey fur, Shaggy brown hair, Green eyes, Glasses, Handsome face... wearing One of his black jackets with a t-shirt under and some regular old jeans... Usually fooled a lot of Demons that way looking as casual as he did rather then a an "actual" demon hunter... He was a Anthropomorphic Grey wolf, usually not common in human towns and cities...

He Had the Longer Snout, big ears, and a tail, The primary Features of a Wolf or Canine really.

"Where the hell could they be...? That Demon could be having a outdoor grill right now"

He says to himself, deciding to Double check the hidden knife again and the ammunition loaded into his arm canon.

He liked Drawing and Writing primarily as side Hobbies... Video Games too, to a huge amount...

Neow was an Extremely Unpredictable guy, probably the kindest and caring person you'll ever meet in any casual situation, especially if you're a friend... But could easily look like a Psychopath when out on jobs like this.... Highly introverted, but can somehow handle Social situations really well and very Maturely, even though he was getting a nervous trying to imagine who his partner for this Job would be... Very expressive, Hates being teased/jerked around... Nightowl... Procrastinates waaaaaaaaaaaay too much. Also a Is a walking Paradox... Heh heh...

Damn Organization loves it's bureaucracy, i bet they must have swamped them with paperwork... Or maybe their car broke down or something.....

He thought to himself as he removed his headphones as the last song on his playlist finished up...

"Bet they're Gonna keep us together as a pair or something dumb like that once this's done.... Hope they're at least tolerable compared to the rest of the order with sticks up their asses..."

He muttered to himself as he listened around for any approaching people with his sensitive ears, waiting....

@Guardia

Angel walked along the rooftops, her feline grace to envy by those below. It's not like they noticed anyways. She would know if they did, her piercing amber eyes watching them below. What a bunch of idiots! How could they not notice an Anthromorphic Lioness walking on the edges of their buildings? If I can't find this guy and or girl partner thing can I just be dropped from this Damn partner quest? It was obvious that Angel worked alone but a close encounter that left her with a nick in her right ear and a short scar on the right side of her pink nose lead the Damn Organization to believe she needed someone to watch her back when she got cocky.

She ran her thick, pink paw pads along the twin daggers at her hips with a smile. Her shoulders rolled back against the two short swords hidden under her leather jacket andpressed into her back. She wore a white shirt under the jacket that looked like it had a blood splatter print on her left hip going up her rib cage but it was actually a strain that wouldn't come out. She wore dark but not black jeans and let her paws go bare. She hated the feeling of any sort of 'protectant' the O tried to give her. It felt... wrong.

After a bit, she believed she found the sly bastard. It was an alley just like the O wanted. The smile that had broke from under the layers of sourness disappeared back under, seeing the red magic coming from the Grey Wolf's paw. Something about magic users made Angel sick. Physically ill. How could they let something like that infect their bodies?!

With much coaxing, Angel leapt from her perch down onto the dumpster behind, landing in a crouched position. Her paws gripped the edges, long, sharp claws digging into the green and peeling paint. She stood silently and hopped down, amber eyes trained on him but never saying a word. If she hadn't saw the knife and magic she would've thought this guy was incapable. He looked like nothing more than a Wolf daring to go into the city of Humans because the Anthro towns were too 'Mainstream.'

Last edited by a moderator:
Neow Liked up to see a Lioness of sorts Jump down on a dumpster nearby, gazing at him silently. A Small smirk crept crossed his face as he crossed his arms and used one of his hands to rub his chin.

Oh boy. Don't tell me they're one of those edgy lone wolfs... actually now that i think about it, wouldn't i be one of those in both the metaphorical and litteral sense? Least she's got some sense of style, and doesn't too much like the usual Order grunt with the big Gothic cloaks and shit....

"Heh..."

Neow quickly said as He extended one of his hands outwards towards the lioness in a greeting handshake...

As he looked at her, Neow noticed she had a few more animalistic features then he did, liked the padded hands and clawed feet, far more agile body... Hrmmm.... he himself was born without padded hands or claws of any sorts... bad vision too as he was practically blind without his classes or Magic to adjust his eyes....

Maybe once they get their shit together with the Nano-machines projects Neow could use get some frames for aesthetic purposes or something....

"The Name's Neow, I guess I'm your partner for this Job.

Mind if I ask your Name Miss?"

Neow said as friendly as he could. It was prolly for the best to make friends with them for now and get this Done as fast as they could.... Unless those Bureaucratic idiots at the Order decide to keep them together...

Hopefully she'll be at least pleasant then if she also thinks a good chunk of the Order are fucking idiots...

(Just realized both of our characters are also our Avis!)

"Angel. You're one of those magic users, " she stared at his paw, stuffing her own in her pockets. She lifted her whiskered lips in disgust, flashing her long canines. He was one of those Human Anthros. Probably wasn't even pure. Those glasses would get broke by the way she liked to work; fist to face. Her tail whipped around with distrust and she kept her distance.

"Listen, Meow, I'm not your friend but I'm not your enemy. Only reason I got put on a case with a partner was because of this, " she flicked a claw in the direction of her scars. "Almost lost an eye when I got cocky. O decided they needed someone to watch me and make sure I wasn't going rogue. I ain't trying to but you tell them what you believe. I don't believe in liars, " her voice silky in the most dangerous way. Her eyes held his, daring him to look away.

"Anyways, O put me on this case just minutes ago and they said you'd fill me in on what we're doing here together. So what's so difficult that we need each others help?" She crossed her arms and leaned on her hip, searching him for answers. She could now see the shine of silver up his sleeves and added that to the list of things to be wary of. Angel didn't like surprises.

Near violently Hostile, Edgy, Closed, and probably Racist... this is going to be fun mission....

Neow thought to himself as as he Watched Angel's body language, his own ears folding back a little as he drew his hand back slowly and shrugged.

"That's real sloppy of them, not briefing you before you got here... Those dumb-asses at the Order sure are hypocrites too ain't they?

Anyways, Let's not waste any time then shall we?"

He said almost non-chalantly, turning around as he began walked farther down the Alley, beckoning Angel to follow him. So far he didn't quite appreciate her hostility...

"They didn't tell me anything about what it was specifically going on, but from the papers and eyewitness reports, it seems like a real bad case of Shape Shifters... Specifically the ones who turn into Street Whores, Beggars and Loved ones... You get the idea... But thankfully for both of us, the Detective work has already been done by the local authorities here, and we're the clean up crew..."

Neow stopped at a bend in the alley, and pointed ahead farther down the other bend to some old abandoned apartment building, which had Police vehicles surrounding it...

"They've been smoked out and forced the shape shifters hide there in that run down building they've got surrounded.... But the Damn cops are too scared or equipped enough to deal with it themselves since they think they're shooting their spouses and kids or something...."

He started walking again, as he kept talking.

"You seem knowledgeable enough to know the slimy bastards tricks. So hopefully we can get this done with and go on our separate ways yeah?"

Neow turned his head Back to Angel to make sure she was still following behind him, if she was observant enough, she would have seen a quick shine of bright red in his eye for a split seccond while a sort of smirk crept acrossed his muzzle...

Just a little more of a walk, and then we're there to clean this shit up....

Angel nodded, surprised by how nonchalant he was acting. Most would find her a bit aggravating. She shrugged and decided she liked him more than the others O sends out. Which is not by much.

"Hope you don't have any loved ones, cause I'm not stopping. These things are clever, " she walked along side him, her paw steps silent. Angel saw the shine in his eye and growled lowly. "Listen, I don't like magic, alright? I'm not saying you can't use it but I would really appreciate it if you didn't point it my way," she refrained from baring her teeth once more since he was so laid back.

(I thought the mission would be more long term since it was so extreme that they had to pair up. Maybe these are only a few from an entire pack they're hunting? I didn't know what you were planning so if you have a plan may disregard me)

(Dont worry, i've got something worked out here! They always start out as small....)

"Heh, Don't worry about the Magic..."

Neow Chuckled as they Approached the building and the Local police, noticing her becoming somewhat less assertive.

"Besides, Using it on something other then Demons Would be Illegal in most towns."

Neow and Angel went straight past all the human police who all looked at them, it was likely they rarely ever saw their kind in these parts thanks to Politicians trying to place state over the people and forcing bullshit beliefs of money down each-others throats and everyone else's...

It honestly sickened him at what politicians did these days just to line their pockets with more money....

Not even glancing or even talking to the Police, Neow approached the Door and waited for Angel.

The police knew what they were here to do, Nor did he Or Angel need to answer to them either...

"Just a reminder, these pieces of shit revert back to their normal forms when injured and bleed some sort of poisonous black gunk. Aim for the Shoulders and thighs first, just in-case the Order gets on our asses for THEIR mistake."

He pointed a thumb towards the human police surrounding the building with them...

Angel would notice that Neow's Expression and tone of voice changed into a serious manner all of the sudden as he moved to cover one side of the door... even though these Jobs were more or less easy for him, he's always dis-tasted the damnable beings, and a danger was still a danger

"Once we're in there, these are are going to seal us in so none of them can escape... Which uh..." Neow kinda stuttered as he tried to find a good way to describe what he was about to do, taking into consideration about what Angel said earlier about his distaste for magic. He kinda looked up with an almost pained expression as he searched for the right words...

"...means... i'm going to have to.. uhm, blast the door down to dispel the barrier temporarily..."

A moment of awkward silence passed by the two of them before a spark of red energy began emitting from Neow's palm and underneath his cloths on his chest, as he prepared and returned into his serious demeanor.

"Ready to split some heads?"

He Asked Angel, attempting to appeal to her hostility...

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing the magic, Angel stumbled back two steps, eyes vivid with anger and disgust. She bared her fangs in a snarl and palmed her daggers. "Just blow down the Damn door, " she spat, shaking. She didn't care about the Damn humans or this job. If she was next to one more crackle of energy that didn't come out of a candy wrapper she was going to blow her top.

This was easy stuff. She could do this. Normally she'd just go for the kill so what Neow said struck a chord of confusion. Whatever, if the O wanted her to perform on special circumstances they should have told her themselves. She was going to kill anyone in there, red or black blood. This attitude was what got her kicked out of her own home. What got her into the O. What drove her to be better than the rest of her class. She was just going to kill and this magic wasn't going to stop her.

Her fur raised along the back of her neck, her eyes flickering over the red in his chest, breath coming fast now. What was it that made her hate magic so much? It was the feeling it gave her. It made her feel... weak. Like her muscles weren't performing her best because they were too busy trying to scatter from the reach of the magic. "Let's do it, " she muttered to herself, staring at the door.

Neow nodded, noting her negative reaction to his magic for later....

"BREACH!"

He Shouted, and immediately Neow swung his open palm, full of magical energy into the door and with a loud BANG the door shoot inwards off it's hinged at a high speed, and the two of them immediately tumbled into a dark lobby, and immediately a Blue magical barrier appeared behind the two of them to keep in the demons...

Immediately upon observation of the Darkened, run down lobby, The blasted in Door immediately killed some sort of black abhorration that was now smashed underneath where the door landed, black goo splattered everywhere on the floor., and surrounding the Corpse were at least 3 Other "humans" standing around it looking Shocked.

"Everybody back!" Neow Shouted to The three people standing around the smashed demon, who immediately complied as He held up a Hand Sparking red energy, baring his canine teeth as he spoke.

"if you're not a Demon, you got nothing to fear, just let us take a slice out of you so you bleed and you'll be fine. Otherwise We're going to Hotline Maimi this entire building if nobody complies."

Nobody probably got that reference, but regardless it entertained Neow.

Hrmm, if Angel is as Violent as she seems to be, she might have heard of the Videogame....

One of the People standing in front of Angel and Neow spoke up, they appeared as some sort of middle aged woman.

"N-no sir! W-we didn't even know-"

A blast of Red Lighting Immediately shot through the Woman's shoulder, spurting a black liquid everywhere as her form changed immediately into something of a foul, black ghoulish creature in a split second, to be immediately blasted with a second bolt of energy from Neow's open hand, his eyes and chest area glowing a bright red.

He felt himself getting fatigued with each Bolt and spell he created... he typically didn't rely on his magic for any fighting other then emergency situations and certain other spells.... It drained him too much at times as his Magic relied on

"Anyone else feel lucky?"

Neow challenged the other two supposed Demons in the Room with him and Angel....

He looked an Angel to observe her handling of the situation here.....

And nodded to her to go after the two "humans in front of them."

Angel watched with disgust as the black goo redecorated the walls. She made sure to keep her paws away from the nasty stuff on the ground, a bit surprised that it actually killed the thing. She'd remember that for later on.

"One down two to go," she mumbled as the woman/foul ugly beast thing fell to the ground. She wanted to laugh, seeing as she was the first one to try and act all innocent. What about the other two? Would they try the same or would they shut up and let her do her job? This was boring so far. Why did she need a partner for this? She could've had her dagger through the woman's eye before little puppy over there would've charged up.

Speaking of little puppy, he was starting to look pale. How eyes looked a bit glassier than normal from behind his frail looking glasses and his paw shook ever so slightly. It must've been the magic, it had to be the magic. Was it draining him or was it getting to be too strong? No time to ask because he was nosing for her to finish the job.

"Alright, put your hands out and I'll take just a drop off blood. If you're inhuman and you try something, I promise you your death won't be as quick as you want it to be, " she stepped forward, voice holding the threat.

(Dont be afraid to control some of the NPCS and the scene yourself btw! This is a 1 on 1 so it's all cool if you do!)

Before Angel could even get close to the other two Humans, they Immediately turned around and bolted away as fast as they could away from the Two hunters.

Immediately, Neow raised his Left arm, aiming towards the Two with a fist outwards, and with a quick flick of his hand, Suddenly a Silver bolt shoots out from under his sleeve into one back, and suddenly a gunshot as another is hit with some sort of silver bullet.

Both of them collapsing to the ground and quickly changing into black, horrendous creatures, screeching for Mercy as they scrambled on the ground with the Silver bolt and bullet in their backs...

"I take it was a no."

Neow said aloud as he lifted up his sleeve to show so a rather complex looking mechanism mounted on his arm, consisting of both a mini-crossbow and a hold out pistol mechanism that extended out a small gun that was currently extended into Neow's hand as he cocked another Bolt into the mini-crossbow and replaced the pullet in the pistol before retracting the mechanism and pulling his sleeve back down as he looked at Angel, the shine and glows of red in his eyes and chest disappearing as he made the magic in his hand go away....

He had this gun and crossbow mechanism on his arm for the purpose of his Magic becoming taxing on him from time to time as he relied on his own physical stamina and fatigue to execute any sorts of energy related magics, which is what his skills made him stand out from other types of magic, as his own uniquely relied on something entirely else from the usual "mana" or deep concentration and focus.... He'd recover soon enough, maybe even get stronger thanks to it, otherwise he just simply should not rely on the magic too much...

"I guess we're gonna have to clear this place out, no survivors besides us." He said Coldly as he walked up towards the two scrambling demons, who screeched and cried out in pain, taking the long knife hidden on his thigh and executing them on the ground where they laid, killing them off for good.

"Just as a precaution though, we should both make a small cut on our own hands visible enough to see immediately in case any of these bastards try and disguise as either of us or we get separated, that way we know who's real and who's not."

Neow said as he stood up from the two dead demons, flicking off the poisonous black gunk clean off his blade, and then making a quick, but small, slash acrossed the back of his hand which began to bleed a very bright red.

"If neither of us can prove we're not a demon, stab them on spot."

He said as he began to think about how many more of the damn beasts could be ahead of them in hiding on the current floor and the next 3 floors.

"I'd imagine there's gonna be a lot more then just the three of those damn things, and they probably know we're here now. And Don't trust them if they don't bleed red like we do.

Anyways, About 3 more floors above us and there's probably still some of them in hiding here on the first floor. I'd prefer we'd stick togethor so we don't mistrust eachother every time we see eachother, but would you have any input as to how we should approach all this? Or rather Split up and then meet back here?"
He Asked Angel, crossing his arms as he waited for an answer.

((Yeah I got it. Geez you had a mouthful. How will I ever compete? ))

"I had them! " she snarled at herself for letting him take her kill. If only she'd jumped at them instead of trying to waltz to them and expect them to wait like sitting ducks for her. It didn't matter, they were dead now. Angel sneered at their ugly bodies, still wary of the black goo and getting it on her skin or stuck in her fur. This Neow guy wad going to seriously lag behind if he kept pushing the magic of of him like this. As it dissipated she let out a sigh of relief.

"Careful. Not to much. Can't have you both magic drained and blood drained, " she growled lowly, inadvertently admitting that she never him. No way they were going to have to clear the entire building. That would... explain the reason they were in pairs. Now here was the real decision; act all proud and split, risking Neows and her own life, or sticking together and admitting once more she needed help?

Angel slid her own dagger across the inside of her arm, her own bright blood dribbling through her light fur. She winced but said nothing, not wanting to be a wimp. "Come on. We might as well work as a team. I don't want to accidently cut your head off," she replaced her daggers in their holsters and reached over her shoulders for her swords. "Basic sweep or are we turning over every table? " she looked for any signs that there were more in this area.

(I maaaay have just gotten a lil carried away is all aha, Also don't worry about competing with anything!!! Take it easy and write as much as you feel you need/want to!)

"Fair Enough." Neow replied as he double checked the ammunition he had on himself, lifting up his jacket a little bit to reveal a belt lined with ammunition for his arm canon.

another 9 bolts and about 30 bullets, should be fine if they're all this easy.

Although... How was she able to tell my Magic is fatigue based...? Actually... now that I think about it... Might have been the quick loss of breath and sluggishness... I think i've been around humans too much that i've forgotten they're at lot less observant then our kind.... Yet despite that growl... her words seem to tell another story here...
Neow raised and eyebrow as he thought,

"Basic sweep first of every room, then We turn over Every table to check for the cowardly ones. Killing anything that moves that isn't us. You know how thorough those jackasses back at the Order and the governments want us to be." He said coldly, remembering the asinine amounts of paper work he's had to fill out before for not checking every single little nick and cranny on Jobs... not even to mention the cuts in his pay sometimes.....

Neow said as he sniffed the air and listened around for any possible hidden demons in the room with them... All clear so far in here though....

"Don't tell anyone I said this, but it ain't gonna be our fault if some dumbass wandered into here before the demons did. At this rate any actual people in the building besides us are already dead or they're going to die." He hated to admit that, but it was true, as there was probably no stopping Both him and Angel unless either one of them managed to identify or only injure and not immediately kill the real person if there is one...

Neow looked around for other possible ways they could go or search before the ascended to the second floor.

"Care to lead the way... uhmm, Angel, right?"

He stuttered, Damn it... Neow thought... he was never very good with names at first.... Hopefully she didn't take any offense to that....

(Go ahead and lead us around! lemme see where you take us into either more action and killing demons or some awkward moments/possible romance if you so wanted hehe.)

[media]
[/media]

Angel snorted at his comment on the O. The wolf was right; the O was snoody and pretenscious about their precious missions. She remembered the time they tried to hand her the paper work. Nearly burnt down the whole desk to prove her point. After that they tried to dock her pay and now the poor intern who broke the news to her had a pretty little nick in his human ear from her dagger. After that, nobody spoke a word of paperwork or docked pays with the name Angel in the same sentence. Sure, it seemed childish but it has been a benefit in the long run.

Angel turned to him, anger in her eyes. "Look, just because those humans hate us doesn't mean we stoop to their level. If you find a human, you save it. The O can do what they want with it but just because we're hunters doesn't give us the right to play God. I've never taken a mortal life and I don't plan on starting here, " she growled, knowing he'd be surprised by her 'care' for the humans. It's not like she liked them, she just couldn't being herself to kill one. Demons don't have real emotions, real feeling or real thoughts that contain love and compassion like mortals do. If she destroyed that, she was no better than the monsters she was killing.

"Yeah, it's Angel. Go ahead, make a joke about how its so 'fitting' for a girl like me," her eyes locked with his, voice telling him to do the exact opposite. Angel was used to the murmurs at the O and the demon hunter bar down the road. But it's not like she got this job to make friends. She did it so mortals wouldn't have to worry about their precious hides. That and she was trained for this job since she was a cub. "You know what? Forget it, let's just go, " Angel waved her swords and marched down a hall, tail whipping back and forth with anger.

Neow raised an eyebrow at her sudden anger.... Wasn't she just saying earlier she's gonna kill whatever moved regardless if it was demon or not?

"And I thought you were the Blood Thirsty one here..." He muttered to himself as he followed Angel. He wouldn't bother to make a comment about her name, it'd just make things worse at this rate...

He'd still aim for non-lethal points at targets just in case they were actually human still, but what he meant was that if someone gets caught in the crossfire it wasn't their fault. Not that it mattered though....

As the two of them began to approach the room on the other-side of the hallway, they overheard some voices faintly talking, Neow caught up side to side with Angel and Motioned her to Stop, and together were just barely able to make out what was being said as they stopped short of what it seemed like to be an back-end staff break room....

Voice 1: "It's the order! The damn humies must have called them in!"

Voice 2: "Isn't that fucking obvious? Now the guys upstairs are gonna leave without us and leave us to die here! Or worse, we get captured and interrogated!"

Voice 1: "Don't think that's gonna happen, those order assholes never take us as prisoners! They sealed us in here already after that one humie caved and ratted us out, and now there's hunter's searchin' to kill us!"

The first voice sounded like a Man's voice, a raspy old one at that, the second one sounded much like a small child if it had perfect grammar....

Neow raised an eyebrow to Angel as his hold out pistol slipped into his hand, seeing if she was hearing the same thing he was...

Voice 1: "Did you hear what they said though? They wouldn't kill us if they thought we were actually human!"

Voice 2: "Hearin those Energy and gunshots and the demands to cut ourselves, I don't think they're gonna let us live either!"

Voice 1: "Fuck this, first chance i get i'm gonna ambush them, take one of thems out with me at least!"

I've heard enough. Neow thinks to himself, as he motions Angel to get ready, and quietly whispers to her;

"Kill the one with the Raspy voice, lets see if we can at least question the child-like one. You go ahead and take the lead and enter first, and watch the corners..."

This was very odd... Neow thought to himself almost bitterly...

Since when could other lowly Demons think independently outside of talking Imps and high threat Demons and monsters?

Angel nodded curtly, not needing him to ask twice. Humies? She stifled bitter laughter at his grammer. Hearing this wolf was starting to make her distaste for him grow stronger by every sentence he spat. Blood thirsty? But instead of fueling the anger she thought she had, she felt a bit offended. Never had she thought herself blood thirsty and she never meant to be cast that way. Sure, she tried for cold, stubborn and vengeful but never blood thirsty.

Shaking it from her thoughts, Angel took a step back and kicked the door open. There stood a stooping old man and a child with identical expressions of fear and surprise. She threw a sword at the man, purposely missing his head by an inch. Using that as a distraction, Angel leapt atop of a table and into his chest. If she needed any more proof he was a monster, she had it. As her hind claws dug into his chest, it's black blood sprayed her chest. With the man/thing on the ground, Angel back handed the little girl/thing into the wall, incapacitating it for a few moments so Neow could grab her/it.

As Angel turned her attention back to the man, he managed to snatched one of her daggers from her own sheath. Lifting the sword to drive it through his/it's head, it managed to fight back. It brought the dagger around mid drive and clubbed her left ear. It sent the sword's target astray but went through his heart instead. If it had one. It fell still and her dagger clattered on the ground. Angel stumbled onto her knees, eyes blurry and ear bleeding. "Shit, " she whispered, swearing she saw cartoon birdies as she stood with the help of the over turned table.

(Sorry wahhh ;; I've been really really busy lately arghhh)

Neow jumped into action behind Angel, watching her immediately take down the older man and throwing the smaller child against a wall, stunning the little bastard for him...

This is a perfect opportunity... he thought to himself... However... He didn't mean trapping the demon.... He couldn't do it in front of Angel here though... But... what if the little demon could identify him...? No... That shouldn't be possible...

Neow's hand and chest began to glow again as he thrust his right hand out, and as Angel killed the older man demon, forcing it to transform into it's original form of some pitch black goat thing and dying...

An arch of Red Lighting shot from Neow's hand as it carved a circle into the floor around the smaller child demon with a strain on his own focus, but the circle finishes and makes a noisy -WHOOOMMPHHH- sound, officially sealing the demon into it's own little circle that it could not cross, lest it be disintegrated.

A momment of silence brings down the Violence as Neow quickly regains himself from what he just casted, and Looks at Angel, noticing blood dripping from her ear.

He was a little concerned as she sat there on her knees, noticing the black blood all over her feet and chest...

She probably wasn't going to like this but he had to ask anyways... and to be fair, he wouldn't know if she actually ingested some of the poison or if it got mixed into her bloodstream...

"You alright?" He asked, concerned.

"I can purge the poison if you ingested any or got any mixed with whatever happened there if you need?"

He knew that little child demon wouldn't be going anywhere soon as it seemed to cower in fear of both Him and Angel AND the Red glowing circle it was trapped inside of, and they could take their time here if they had to....

Angel blinked, trying to make sense of his words. DId she taste her own blood or was it the demon's? She knew it was her own when she felt the tiny sting right below her canines. She'd bit her lip when it had bashed her temple in. Damn thing, she should've been more careful. Should've kept her eyes on what she was doing, not this Neow guy's prey. But, it didn't matter now. Her target was dead and the soulless thing was in the circle.

Snarling as she thought over Neow's words, she backed up a little too fast, legs sending the turned table flying. "I'm fine! Keep your filthy magic away!" she roared, mostly anger but there was a tinge of fear lining it. Her amber eyes linked with his and there was a flash of shame then it reverted back to anger. "Just...do what you want with the damned thing so we can continue flushing this hellhole," she growled lowly, eyes looking over the child demon.

Something tugged at her chest when she regarded the child thing. It really did look like a child, the fear and the faux innocence portrayed in its giant eyes. The cowering and shaking was on point as well, leading Angel to believe for a moment that they had the wrong demon. But it only lingered for a moment.

(Sorry i'm taking so long wehhhh and the motivation for posting has just been zilch recently I've been so busy lately im sorry ; ;)

Neow crossed his arms and looked concerning at Angel, Jeez, I know she doesn't like magic but it looked like she took a good hit there. Besides... My magic can't do Miracle spells like physical healing.

"If you say so..." Neow Said, biting his lip just imagining the pain her nerves were experiencing right now...

But... best be back to work, she'll no doubt tough it out...

Neow turned to the Child like demon and the expression on his face went from concerned to down right Threatening as Neow frowned, his eyebrow shifted downwards, and his eyes locking onto the child's larger eyes.

"Alright you scum." He addressed the child trapped within the Crackling energy circle, kneeling down a few feet away from the circle.

"We overheard what you and your buddy over there on the floor were saying, and don't even try to act innocent, we know what you are. Now if you answer what we ask you, I promise it'll be a nice and quick death or ride back to where your kind belongs."

The Small child nodded nervously inside the circle, his eyes constantly darting from the energy circle around his feet and at Neow and Angel..

"How many more demons are in the building here? And Why exactly were your kind here in this town?" Neow asked calmly, waiting for the little beast to answer.

It made a frustrated sounding noise as it seemingly attempted to find the words to response, it's eyes still darting at Neow and the Magic surrounding him.

"I-i've heard of you! Damnable Wolf! You're that-That F-fucking Soul devouring Mortal!"

The circle around the child Suddenly Shrunk two sizes, and instinctively the child Stood up straight, and stiff as a pole at the sudden shrinkage of his death field. The expression on Neow's face was certainly not saying he was amused in the slightest... Fucking little shit, did you REALLY have to mention that in front of my partner?

"But, L-Look, We didn't ask to come here, at least not this time. As in me and the Others..." it sputtered, frighteningly sounding like an actual child still despite it's vulgar vocabulary...

"I-if i can at least rat out that Mortal dick-head who roped us into this and left us down here to die to you, then there's at least 3 other groups of demons of 5-6 each on the upper floors, and maybe another 3 High ranking lords with the mortal... All of them are probably waiting for your soul eating ass by now to stop you."

Neow's eyes and ears lit up in surprise...

3 Demon lords?! That's at least worth A couple million in cash EACH for their heads.... but the things Neow could do with a Demon lord's soul....

"Whoever that Mortal is though, He's a real piece of shit, and I don't know what the fuck he wants, but he's up to something alright."

Neow raised an eyebrow at the little demon, as if questioning if that's all it had.

The child threw up his arms, likely to show he had no magics or weapons on hand as he said one last thing.

"That's all I know! I swear upon Stanlee himself! I don't know anything beyond that!" The child says, looking worryingly at Neow...

Well, that was easy.... He thought to himself as he Stood up. They usually try to put up a fight or try to escape their deaths... Although it didn't help the little bastard was able to recognize him....

"Well, Thank you kindly for that Information... it'll be very helpful for us.... Hell, I'd say i'd release you just for all that alone... but I'm afraid a Demon's a Demon..."

Neow says crossing his arms.... Well, there may be one way to give this slimey piece of shit some mercy...

Neow turns to angel with an almost nonchalant look on his face.

"All yours Angel, that barrier won't do a thing to you, but it'll sure as hell Shred the little bastard to bits if he steps outside it. He's been real helpful though, and we've got bigger issues to deal with, so make it quick."

He said to her as he began walking back towards the door... He really wanted to avoid being questioned immediately at the moment about his... condition... the little creep let out... fuck... i really hope this isn't going to cause problems...

Holy shit could this day get any worse? What was that kid talking about soul-eating and why did Neow cut it's circle when it said it? Only one way to find out. As Neow left to go kill some more demons, Angel decided to try her luck with the damned thing. Promise it mercy or something. Not that she'd follow through.

"Alright, kid. I don't want to kill you because you look like a kid, so help me help you. What did you mean by him being a soul-eater? Tell me everything you know about him and his kind. And be honest. cause I can smell liars and I hate liars. They make me kill my prey slowly," she hissed lowly so Neow wouldn't hear. Her tail was still with fear, afraid that Neow would come back too soon. If what this thing said was true about Neow, she could be in deep shit. He sure as hell didn't want her to know about it but if she was dealing with something that ate souls she was quitting this damn job for good. Go back to being a Marine and just live her life killing Humans once more.

Angel stole a look over her sholder, not being able to help the gut feeling that he was watching. She didn't want to die by having her soul sucked out. Wasn't that the thing that got you to heaven? Your soul? If it was, where did you go if it was eaten? Hell? Or did you merely cease to exist? Angel had some people she needed to see up in heaven and she sure wasn't gonna risk losing that opportunity.

I'm high tailing it if it's true. No way its true. Does the O know about this? If it does, why would it risk one of it's better assassins with something so volatile? Why would they put a Magic Demon Anthro with the one Anthro who despised both Demons and Magic? Was O testing her? Oh god, I'm talking to myself, I'm going insane! Angel's thoughts began to buzz like angry bees, something that happened when she was confused.

(Sorry belrghghhghghghg I had to update AG and be a RESPONSUBRU game master over there)

As Soon as Neow leaves the room completely, the small child Demon speaks in a low whisper to Angel.

"Look, Right now I'm Doomed if I Die to this circle, but if you could please just end me quickly here with one of your knives i can escape this circle WITHOUT my soul being eatin' up...

But if the rumors I hear are true, whatever the hell's wrong with that Wolf bastard, that's the one thing that scares us demons, he's like one of those Devourers except mortal! If he gets you, he takes your soul or something!"
The Child whispered to Angel, Double checking the Door for Neow....

Angel would likely remember that Devourers were one of the more higher threat (and much rarer) demons, taking the appearance of wraith like ghosts who prey on isolated Mortals and literally eating their own souls... and incredibly annoying to kill since their forms are ethereal...

However, It also likely irked in the back of her mind this demon child could very easily be lying or possibly even deceiving Angel as he spoke... After all, it was still one of the many shape shifters who preyed on mortals that relied a lot on deception...

"They say it's Demons souls like mine is what fuels his magic... and just like a Devourer, the more he gets the stronger he becomes...."

A Gunshot could be heard farther down the hallway, as well as another Demon's death scream...

"Now would you PLEASE just end my physical form here? It's already bad enough i've spillt everything to you guys so i didn't have to be eaten up by that... monster..." The small human child pleaded desperately, still extremely wary of the circle surrounding it....

Angel cast a look behind her then turned, eyes emotionless. "Sorry. Can't be making deals with the devil," she shook her head. With that, she grabbed the front of it's shirt and brought it to the red line, it's form turning to ash. She had no idea what or where it went but she never bothered herself with such trifles and she wasn't going to start. Angel had to get out of her. She was following her own word; sneak past that damn half breed and retire back into the marines. She could already feel her automatic against her shoulder.

"I can't do this anymore," she whispered, bring a paw to her temple. The inside of her ear still trickled blood but she knew she was strong enough to make a break for a window. She'd jump a few buildings, get back to O and set the boss's mind straight. She ain't working for a bunch of English bastards with silver spoons stuck up their 'arses'. With a gulp, she realized what could happen if she didn't make it outside. That half-breed Wolf thing would put his magic paws all over her and take her soul...she'd just cease to exist at that point. No Heaven. No Hell.

"Get your shit and leave Angel," she bit her lip as she tucked her dagger and sword back in place. With that, she ran. Her legs were much stronger than a Humanoid Anthro, pushing her faster than others. She ran past the hallways and into the main entryway. The door had magics on it! She'd forgot. "Damnit," she cursed but turned to the stairs. If she got to the top, she'd be scott free.

Neow ducked behind a fallen over metal locker as bullets flew over his head, a rather old woman and a young adult man shot pistols at him, a streak of bright red blood slashed acrossed his shoulder from a earlier encounter when he was jumped on by one of the shape shifters with it's demon claws.

They didn't fucking tell us these guys would have god damn guns! Where the hell is she?!

Neow thought to himself, another bullet suddenly ricocheting off the top of his cover, his right shoulder hurting like bitch with the terrible gnash through it.

He attempted to peek out of his cover to where the Demons were shooting from, but he was barely able to get a single glance as another two bullets impacted his cover behind him with loud metallic -TANGS!-.

"Fuck!"

He involuntarily blurted out as he kept his head and body as low to the ground as possible.

How much fucking ammo do these assholes even have?!

Neow's heart was racing like crazy right now... These jobs were dangerous, but he wasn't expecting a fucking gun fight to break out here a floor or two beneath the Demon lords!

Between the gunshots though, Neow suddenly felt a sudden boost in his energy, his chest glowing brightly for a split second...

Angel must have killed the child with the circle... perfect... She'll be here any second then... Hope she can understand that those gunshots arn't mine.

Neow hand began to charge up a small ball of energy as he focused his added power into a condensed sphere Just need to....

Neow saw Angel starting to Come up the Stairs nearby, and immediately he shouted to her:

"Angel! Get Down! They have fucking guns!"

It was the best warning he could muster in his head and shout as he tried to focus on creating the magical equivalent of a grenade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back