• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Delicious Friend... | Fallen London Roleplay

The dream was ending...the Rubbery Man soon departed leaving him all alone. The dance ended in one great waltz and the building crumbled to ashes.

Green eyes slowly came into focus as Reinol woke from his slumber. A warm fire, a soft sofa. Two pretty blonde ladies and...oh, her. Poor Jeremiah. And was that a zailor? He recognized the looks of one. He had spent a good amount of time gambling with them after all. And let's not get started on the interviews.

Hmm. This certainly wasn't Wolfstack. They must've carried him away. How strangely nice of them. But enough of this, he had a crisis at hand.

He slowly got up, careful not too seem too hasty. It would be impolite if he seemed ungrateful. Clearing his throat, he turned towards them. This was going to be awkward.

'Hello there.' Reinol said as he sheepishly gazed around.

'Errrr, I do believe a summary of why I am here should be in order. Along with an explanation on my side of my current situation.'

Mr_DC Mr_DC ThaDruid ThaDruid Osthavula Osthavula

Last edited:
Lady Viola
Mr_DC Mr_DC ThaDruid ThaDruid Sir Knight Sir Knight

Seeing Reinol climbing up from the sofa, asking for an explanation, Bennett felt a little annoyed. Before she could offer an explanation, however, her lady spoke before her. She blinked but kept silent as Viola explained it to the woken man.

"Bennett found you on the street and carried you back. She said she couldn't just leave you there." The lady said with a very gentle smile. "It's dangerous to just lay on the street in London. Well, as you can see."

She lifted her arm, use her palm to direct his gaze to his own bag, still open. Whatever it had before his sleep, it was absent now.

"Our urchin spotted someone running away from you. And your shoes was stolen by rats." Bennett added. "He should be back with a pair of boot soon. Ah." The door sounded just in time. The maiden hurried to the door, even making Viola curious as to why she seemed unhappy with the fellow. Still, Viola continued to face him.

"I think we have met, but not properly introduced yet. " She gracefully curtsied. "My name is Viola. I believe your name is...Reinol, was it? A pleasure to meet you."

The maiden return with a pair of leather boots and a coat. "Ollie fetched your coat too. Said you are invited to the same ball. You have some time before you prepare." She placed the boots on the floor beside him, and the coat neatly on the arm of the sofa. "Fleur, want to point to me how you like your bedroom to be? I believe we still need to clear out the storage." This she said to the doctor when she walked into the hallway where the rooms were.

There is something she hasn't told Viola yet.

The lady apologized for her. "She is hardworking as always." She explained, which was a fact. "May I ask how you end up there? Must have been quite a night for you to decide to sleep on the cold cobbles."

Last edited:
Reining frowned as he inspected his pockets, money obviously being his first priority. Yep...his Amber got stolen. Not all of it but a rather annoyingly surplus amount. He can still turn a profit but it was still annoying. At least his baggie was safe. Goodness knows what would happen if he lost them.

'Hmmm.' Reinol closed his bag and turned towards her. 'Ah yes. Well it simply nothing more than a clandestine redevous with a few....err...Rubbery compatriots followed by a simply game of chance that served far too much wine.'

Reinol offered a quiet thanks as he took the clothes. 'Naturally, I passed out. And I believe it is my time for an introduction.'

He stood up and gave a short bow. 'Reinol von Lorica, at your service.'

Last edited:
Lady Viola

So in short, gamble. With a considerable amount of wine. Viola remembered just a few days before she was at the table with a glass of Broken Giant, sitting across the veiled Mr Hearts and having the governor, and the tiger and the priest at the same table, she could almost see the dim light as she blinked, and feel her heart beating that fast ... She shan't return to the game of chance anytime soon, but what a moment she had. What a moment.

But she must refrain from smiling. She had a guest to deal with.

"And again, pleased to meet you, Reinol. " She nodded to his bow and invited everyone remaining in the room to sit down before she headed to the kitchen and pour tea for everyone. She sent to Bennett a tray, and then came back, sitting across the gentleman, now examining him again. His clothing suggested he was well-to-do, or at least enough to afford a presentable look. However, there was something about this man her maiden wouldn't tell. Usually, then Viola wouldn't pry, and she thought she shouldn't. Bennett never asked specifically for it, but she respects her privacy.

But, asking general questions wouldn't be out of the line, would it?

"Mind I ask how you and Bennett became acquainted? " She asked carefully. "I have seen you in the group that she was with in social events, but I never have quite talked that much to any besides one or two... "

"Ah, and don't mind me if you wish to wear your shoes. Or would you rather me help you move it to the doorway? Hm, she forgot to bring your slippers too. She must be tired..."

Like treating any guest, she was being very friendly, while not forgetting to observe. She mustn't be poor with politeness and kindness.

Sometimes it pays off, being nice, in reputation or in favour, and it was what she wished to do. Especially in London where kindness became a luxury. She remembered, long ago, when she couldn't afford to be nice. Now she couldn't shake off the habit of measuring if it would pay off, even though she was consistently kind. She couldn't help but wonder, somewhere inside her, that could this man can ever be of use.

There was not a hint of her expression that suggested any thoughts was happening underneath.

Reinol though for a moment. 'I'll put the shoes on when I leave. But yes, my acquaintance with Bennett....'

He made sure to say it without the slightest hint of animosity. '...a good acquaintance of mine, Jeremiah as you may know him, informed me of her. And I admit, we have met a few number of times.'

The lady was quite nice, he thought. But despite this, his more cynical side argued why. Kindness was rare amongst London. Even before if had fallen. But perhaps she really was one of the few. It would be nice hear so.

Lady Viola

Jeremiah. Yes, of course, not long ago Viola just sent an invitation card to him. This gentleman seemed unaware of at least the relation between her and Jeremiah, and perhaps unaware of the relation between Bennett and Jeremiah. Reinol didn't show too much knowledge of Bennett and seemed uninterested. To Viola, however, how Bennett and Jeremiah interact was very interesting, and she always observed them when they are together. Not unlike how a scholar observed their specimen at times, she'd admit to herself.

"Yes, I do know him. In fact, you might see him when we head to the ball. He is coming with Bennett this time." She said while being mindful of his reaction. "How did you know of Jeremiah then? In what I know, he is friendly, but not exactly socializing actively. He is always busy with work, I heard. "

Lifting her teacup along with the little plate, she took a sip without letting her gaze wander too far off. Exactly how close was he to Jeremiah, she asked in her mind. Since she and Jeremiah had a few business deal before, mediated by Bennett and of course all information was deemed confidential. If he knew... Probably not. That playwright could hold his words surprisingly well.

Which was what made it interesting. Bennett couldn't figure out the man because he was good at keeping in his thoughts and words. How real then, exactly, was the passion he showed for Bennett? Real enough to act for her, it seemed. Bennett was reluctant to ask for any help within her ability, but every time she asked for something, he would accept it gladly, sometimes before listening to the condition. In her eyes, that passion was not made up. Useful, too, Jeremiah was very stealthy...

Ah, there she went again. Calculating usefulness.

Jeremiah knew about it though. It was an odd thing to voice, but it just happened one time after he gathered the information she needed, that one time across the table, that the topic got philosophical. Something about awareness, she recalled. Somehow the idea of one being the origin of actions, and he mentioned it...

Not a mindless puppet, that man.

But he didn't seem to mind the idea. In fact, he embraced it...

Too far. Viola pulled back her thoughts before it ran too far and too wild. And behind her skillfully maintained expressions the realization came that she was simply more interested in other things. She was excited, impatient and slightly unconcerned... Which is very dangerous. She mustn't be blinded simply because there are things she wanted to see.

Ballroom. Curtains. Masks.

Come back, Viola. Focus.

Society. Wine. Bandages.

Serious. Come back.

Reinol idly noted the expression on her face. What a curious one. Ah, well. Nothing of his own concern. Provided off course that she wasn't thinking of anything regarding himself. Was it Jeremiah perhaps? Hmm. It happened shortly after she mentioned him. Eh. As long as he isn't dragged into it.

'We're business partners so to speak. I work for the many Magazines of London. Make stories and what not along with a few articles here and their. Guess you can call me an author of sorts, so we do collaborate from time to time.'

He said this all in a rather off hand voice. What concerned him was a ball she mentioned. That would be useful.

'Did you just say there was a ball of sorts?'

Lady Viola

"...Yes, hold on. Ollie didn't give you the invitation. But if he said you are invited...." She took the envelope that had the invitation, but this time unfolded the guest list. "...Here. This is your name, correct?"

She flattened the paper on the table, gloved hand pointing to the name.

"The prime invitee is Bohemians who are authors, writers and similar professions. Give them society opportunity, they said. Of course, you can refuse to join, but with all the invitees and their partner it's going to be crowded." She then presented the invitation in front of him. "There are of course society members and other people they think fit the mentor positions. Since you have joined these events before, surely, you must know how helpful they are. "

The last sentence was said in such a cheery way, though the meaning obviously sarcastic.

"However, a few of them are interested to see new talent, and some of them bored enough to be interested in new entertainment. Worth some try, I'd say. " She ended that on a more positive note. That gave her what she needed to control her mind again, only if she wouldn't wonder about how exactly would a certain person be. The more the time pass and the ball drew near, the more she felt just how uncertain she was, how unprepared...

Reinol scanned the paper with an intrigued eye. 'Hmmm.'

Now this was interesting. On one hand, this could be a wonderful opportunity to repair his damaged reputation. While it was going rather smoothly, it was still a slow and steady process. This could speed it up by a fairly wide margin.

He didn't know whether to take what she said as hint, but it was time to leave regardless. He had some Amber to sell.

With a smooth motion he stood up. 'Good at, madam.'

Walking towards the door and putting his shoes on, he hails a carriage which stopped in front of him. With a final inspection of his bag, he boards the transport but not without turning towards her.

'You've done a great thing for me. I'll never forget you for that.' A smile flickered for the briefest of moments. 'That applies for Bennett as well.

The door closes. 'The Echo Bazaar.' Reinol says and the carriage rides off.

There was some trading to be done.

Last edited:
Veilgarden

"Take it to the ship." The Bandaged Governor ordered, passing a small, wooden case to the Spy as his carriage rattled through the streets. The Governor knew she would check what was in the fist-sized case if she hadn't already but it didn't matter. The conclusions she could draw from it would only muddy the picture she was painting for herself. "Leave it on my bed. You've paid the jeweler, correct?" He asked, letting out a dusty cough. He has been getting only dustier in the previous weeks. Stopped drinking the good wine and taking proper care of his decaying body. The stress of his ambition had something to do with it as well, of course, but that would negate all the damage he suffered if successful.

"In glim, yes. He offered to take less, as you predicted." The Spy said, putting the case into her pocket.
"But you insisted." The Governor nodded, watching her in the darkness of the carriage. The plating on it provided maximum security but the darkness was almost enough to bring the Spy to tears. She couldn't stand the dark and the Governor knew it.
"Yes, sir." The Spy nodded quickly. She could be trusted to do as told in situations concerning wealth. She was smart enough not to risk her position for echoes.

"Good. You will visit the Brass Embassy after this. I need a meeting arranged in the following days." The Governor shrugged at the idea. "I would prefer the Sanctum but I'm willing to go to the Quarter if they desire." He raised a bony, bandaged finger. "Not the Iron Republic. Not going there unless I have to."
"Yes, sir." She accepted the order as the carriage pulled to a stop.
"A good ride." The Governor commented almost in surprise. "No bombs were thrown our way today."

The carriage driver opened the door, allowing the Governor to step out in all his glory. No suit soaked in Parabola light. It was a bombazine evening like most. A medal on his chest as a small reward of serving as a governor of Port Carnelian. It was just a little something to show that he had a position of power. Add more weight to his name for the newcomers who would be meeting him for the first time. He wasn't visiting the Ambassador to meet new people, though. If there was anyone he didn't know, then they weren't important. The evening was about building up his protege.

"Sir." The doorman offered to take the Governor's coat as the carriage left but the Governor simply removed his top hat and handed it to the man. The coat would help in hiding how much he changed. The drastic loss in weight would be noticed by those who hadn't seen him in more than a week and that wasn't a snippet of gossip he wanted going around. Couldn't afford to be seen as weak. Couldn't afford to be seen as rapidly decaying.

"The Bandaged Governor!" He was announced by someone on the other side of the massive door before it opened into the room packed with dignitaries, artists, and influential figures. Arriving late stopped being the Governor's style a long time ago. He reached a point where people would be excited regardless of when he would arrive.

He saw it with one swoop of the room. Dozens of patrons leaning over to their students to whisper all the important details about him. He couldn't help but wonder... Did they warn their little newcomers about the questions they weren't supposed to ask?

Just as the Governor was taking a moment to observe the cream of the society, one of the staff paused to observe him. A woman. Young. Caution and worry in her eyes as was appropriate for someone catering to people of such importance. That fear hid what only the most skilled eye could spot. A hunger for power.
The Deft Watchmaker picked up a tray, put up a tranquil expression, and started flowing through the crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back