• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Decay (superpowered RP)

disasterplay

Boss Ass Witch
Here it is! (for lovelybones)

People in Southway city have been developing powers. Everyone develops them at different times in their lives, after being hit by so far unexplained beams of energy at random. Not everyone has them, and those who don't aren't aware of the strange phenomenon. Two friends have decided to use their superpowers to become heroes, and find themselves up against both a serial killer and a crime boss in charge of a group of supervillians. Will they be able to triumph over these threats to their city? And will they make any allies along the way?

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexa and April were in their base, passing the time by going over the same case files for the fiftieth time. Alexa was still impressed with what they had managed to do with this place. It used to be the building that housed the Harper Publishing company, but when the company had moved to a more upscale place across town they'd changed this brick warehouse into their own secret base. There were computers, a work bench for April's science equipment, glass cases for their costumes, everything they needed basically. They'd even managed to make it pretty tough to break into, requiring a number code and a way to break the protection wish Alexa had put on it when she'd wished that no one but her and April would be able to get in, And if someone did ever manage to get in, there were enough traps to hold them until she could get here and beat the hell out of them.

Alexa was sat on the slightly ratty sofa, feet resting on the arm rest as she flicked through the police report on the recent murders that April had stolen from the office. She'd been through this same file a million times before, and needless to say they never found anything that helped them, the police were even more clueless than they were. She chucked the file aside, closing her eyes against the fluorescent lighting that glared down from the ceiling. She'd been inside for too damn long, she was getting twitchy, pale fingers drumming a beat on the arm rest. Was a little crime to stop too much to ask for?!

She had to stop herself from grinning when a static coated voice started emitting from April's police radio. She grabbed her costume as the voice continued on about a robbery in progress. She tore off her clothes and put on the black crop top, complete with long sleeves and dull golden shoulder plates, her black leather pants and the matching domino mask that made up Cobalt Chaos's costume. It may not have been the most practical thing to fight crime in, but damn did she look good.

"C'mon, nerd. You're off duty with the police tonight, suit up." Alexa smirked as she chucked April her own costume.

April could of laughed at how her life had turned out. When she wasn't protecting the city in the police force, she was protecting it as a 'Superhero'. She hated the term but somehow that's what they had turned out as but she loved protecting the city. She wished she could do it twenty four seven and since the murder cases had been popping up all over town...She had spent most nights awake working so she was technically getting her wish.

She changed into her red blouse, her black leather pants, Her red combat boots and her mask. She took her hair out of the bun letting it flow down naturally, She ran her finger through it making sure it wasn't a complete mess.

"Shall we head-"April was going to say before she was suddenly immersed in electric blue light. They were at the banks with in seconds.

They ended up in the middle of the bank, People were trembling with fear and some even had mild injuries. April realised they were stood in front of the guy holding the people hostage. She then realised there was another person grabbing the money...The same person.

"Alexa, I'll help the hostages. You go stop them."April said before the guy watching over the hostages suddenly became aware of the two girls. April would of tried to fight the guy but she needed to get the hostages to safety and she knew out of the two of them...she was the weak one. She began to help the hostages, Comforting them and promising to get them out.

Alexa ran towards the man stood behind the counter, for a split second her combat boots hitting the linoleum floor was the only sound in the whole building, but then things got hectic. She had nearly reached the man behind the counter when suddenly he was in front of her, and behind her, and all around her. Right, this guy was definitely like them then.

The clones started closing in on her. She shot an energy beam from the palm of her hand, taking two of them down before one of them grabbed her arms from behind, She kicked backwards at his shin, causing him to topple to the ground. The clone disintegrated when it hit the ground, like the other two had when she'd blasted them with her energy beam. Looks like the clones weren't very tough then. She wasn't a genius like April, more like a high school drop-out, but she guessed that the guy had to give a percentage of his strength to his clones each time he made one. If there was one thing they'd learned, it's that all powers have their weaknesses. She took down the last clone after he got a few punches in, tackling him to the floor and throwing an energy beam in his face for good measure. Thankfully, it looked like the thief was too distracted stuffing a brief case full cash to make more.

"I wish I had the brief case, I wish I had the brief case, I wish I had the brief case." Alexa repeated, confident but slightly out of breath.

The metal brief case vanished from his hand and appeared in hers with a small flash of blue light. The man turned to her, snarling, but he was nothing impressive without his army of dopplegangers. His stained white t-shirt rode up as he made his way over to her, his beer belly hanging out. He had balding ginger hair and bloodshot eyes glaring from behind his yellow mask, and his grimace showed off his yellowing teeth. Basically, if there was any guy you'd want multiples of in the world, it definitely wasn't this one.

"You dare steal from Double Trouble, little girl?!" He slurred at her.

"Double Trouble? Really?" She snorted.

He was close enough now. She swang the metal brief case, and it hit his head with a satisfying "thwack" sound. He fell to the floor, knocked out cold.

Before April let the hostages out she took a moment while Alexa was fighting the clone guy, She went into each individual persons mind and altered their perceptions. She made them all see a single man rob the bank and leave out the back. There were over ten people and going into each individuals mind was hard when they were all so panicky and alert. It made their brains scattered. She felt herself stumble slightly as she finished, She let the hostages out of the door and took a deep breath.

"Well done, let's go back to the base."April smiled.

Getting back to the base, She took her mask off and rubbed her eyes. She found her Glasses and observed the man. He didn't seem like the type to be a villain and to have given himself a villain name felt weird...Something about it didn't feel right to April.

"What kind of a name is Double trouble? I'd have just gone for Doppelganger."April laughed.

She grabbed her tablet and began to look through news reports to make sure the perception thing she had done was a success. So far, they had put out on the news that the suspect was a ginger male who shouldn't be approached and is perceived as dangerous..So she guessed it had worked.

Grayson sat in his base. Being the boss of a group of idiots was getting harder and harder. It felt like everything he asked to get done had failed but he was sure it was because if he wanted something done, He should of done it himself. He kept his stern face on while some of his workers buzzed around him doing various things. Grayson was a richman, He lived in a mansion and had flash cars but nothing had ever felt enough to him. he wanted it all and he was going to rinse the town of money. It was his main objective regardless of who got in his way.

He noticed Mysteria come in alone, he had put mysteria in as a mole in the bank robbery. He felt like double trouble couldn't do it by himself so he had set Mysteria in to help him out so the confusion on his face was clear when she returned with no money and nobody.

"Where the HELL is he?"Grayson asked, His facial expression suddenly turning to pure anger.

Alexa grabbed a small metal device off of April's work bench, She pushed button and threw in on the ground, trapping the still unconscious thief in a force-field trap. She took a moment to appreciate April's big nerd brain for creating it, thanks to her "Double Trouble" wouldn't be able to run when he woke up, as for if he's be able to use his powers....well, they'd find out.

"Lame, right?" Alexa snorted "We're way better at this codename thing." She flung herself down on the sofa, swinging her arm over the back casually.

Double Trouble was the first villain that they'd run into who'd gone in for the whole mask and code-name thing, and she found it a little weird. He was just robbing a bank, they'd seen that more than a few times before, and this guy was hardly the smartest of them. She doubted that he'd came up with any of this on his own, but they'd have to wait until he woke up to find out.

Alexa pushed herself up off her comfy place on the sofa when she heard a pained groan from inside the force-field. By the time Double Trouble had pushed himself into a standing position she was stood just outside it with her arms crossed, a look of impatience on her face.

"Welcome back to the land of the living, Double Trouble. Tell me, did you think that up all by yourself?" She smirked.

"No, the bossman did-Wait, yer, it was all me." He said, voice even more slurred than in the bank.

Wow, She was right, this guy really was an idiot.

Mysteria walked up to Grayson, stumbling a little. She had no idea why she felt so disorientated. She shapeshifted from the middle aged, brown haired woman that she'd been impersonating back into her usual form of a tall, beautiful young woman with long red hair, hoping that looking liker herself would help her feel more like herself.

"He left with the money...at least I think he did. But, there were no clones, I saw him create them outside the bank, but inside they just disappeared. I was shapeshifted in the crowd, playing hostage just like you told me, but then a woman came in....she said she was a police woman, and that idiot of a man you stuck me with just walked away." She said, she had a thick Russian accent , and sounded spacey as she tried to recall the nights events.

April chuckled slightly at the guy, She couldn't stop herself. He wasn't the smartest guy and it was adorable how hard he was trying. She stood next to Alexa with a frown on her face. The fact that there was a boss made April suddenly anxious.

"You're safely trapped in our base so you may as well help us out for your freedom? Who's your boss and what is his plan for this city?"April asked.

The guy looked like he was about to open his mouth and April could hear him scrambling his thoughts around but she couldn't read them properly. It was like gibberish but it was probably because she was so exhausted from changing people's perception. She felt a sharp pain in her head and winced in pain, She couldn't do it.

"Well, you're not going to give us anything?"April asked..

The man shook his head, It was clear that whoever his boss was...He was A man to be feared because the guys hand were trembling. It was like he feared for his life even though he was trapped in a force field.

"He's not going to give us anything, I'll read his mind tomorrow or something?We've both had a long day..I need my bed."April said attempting a smile.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Grayson scowled, He knew exactly what had happened. He was furious.

"Was this girl blonde? Slim?"He asked.

The girl nodded and he slammed his fist on the table, He closed his eyes and took a deep breath as he tried to think of his plan. He had known about April for a while now but he wasn't sure how far her telepathic abilities could go...Clearly he had underestimated it. He wrote down something on a piece of paper and handed it to Mysteria.

"I want her caught, Alive. Bring her here.That is her address , My friend gave it to me. Luckily they did because I guessed this would happen eventually. "Grayson said.

"Yeah, we may as well go home." Alexa said, stifling a yawn "If his powers still worked he would have used them by now, I doubt leaving him here for the night will be an issue. Right, Double Trouble?." She laughed.

Alexa wished herself out of her costume and back into her civilian clothes, too tired to get changed the old fashioned way. April always said that they shouldn't use their powers for personal gain, or whatever, but a quick change of clothes wouldn't do any harm.

"I'll meet you here tomorrow, partner." Alexa winked, before teleporting home.

She blinked as the flash of blue faded away into the view of her living room. Her apartment was small and messy, the same place she'd first moved into after splitting up with Damon even though she could afford better now. She was hardly at her apartment these days anyway, and all her money went on medical bills and other superhero expenses these days. She threw herself onto her unmade bed, passing out immediately.

Mysteria waited until in the middle of the night to leave the base, heading to the address Grayson had given her. She was mad and slightly impressed that the little cop had whammied her mind.She was pissed about the bank job in general, she could have done the job so much better herself, she had the experience, and she certainly knew how to get men to do what she wanted. She hoped that Grayson would leave that disgusting human copy-machine to rot with the so-called "superheroes". She snuck through the shadows of the city streets and reached her destination, picking the lock with skill that only came from experience. She tip-toed around the living room, paying careful attention to the photos adorning the walls. There was all the usual stuff, birthdays, graduations and..ah, perfect. She changed her shape, voluminous red hair and curves to die for becoming short brown hair and a stocky build, unnaturally green-grey eyes turning a warm brown. The skin tight green lycra of her costume disappeared to create the illusion of a shirt and jeans and she made her way to the bedroom.

"April! You have to come, quick! He's-He's been hurt, he's in the hospital!" She said, her voice taking on a deeper, male tone.

April shot up in her bed. Her brain was suddenly on Alert. Her baby was hurt, Her little boy was hurt. She rubbed her eyes vicously and found her Glasses.

"W-What happened?"April stuttered.

She climbed out of bed and found a pair of jeans and a t-shirt to change into as she figured the hospital wouldn't appreciate her turning up in a nightie. She turned to Brad and suddenly, She realised...Why the hell was Brad in her house? She picked up her phone thinking that maybe it had died and he couldn't get hold of her but it was on. Then she thought maybe she'd left the door unlocked but she knew she hadn't...So how the hell had he gotten in? She got a bad feeling in her gut. She walked into her on-suite bathroom and instead of getting changed, She called Alexa. She put on her jeans and slipped her phone into the pocket.

"I'm discombobulated...I thought you'd be at the hospital?"April asked.

Alexa frowned, glaring at the phone incessantly buzzing on her night stand as she opened her eyes. It was three a.m. Alexa remembered that a few years ago people calling at three a.m used to be no big deal, hell, it was normal. She used to be the the wild type,to say the least. But with a proper job and a side-career in ass kicking that all ground to a halt, so who the hell was calling at three a.m?! She was considering just rolling over and going back to sleep, but she picked up when she saw it was April. They only had each others numbers for emergencies, since they were more allies than friends. Alexa held the phone to her ear and shot up when she head April speaking on the other end. "Discombobulated" was their code-word, April was in trouble.

"Oh, There was an accident! It was terrible...we have to get back to the hospital, now!" Mysteria said, voice frantic.

She'd taken her current appearance from a man in a few of April's photographs, most likely a boyfriend since he baered no resemblance to the girl in front of Mysteria. There had been a boy in the photographs too, much younger, a child with April's Ash blonde hair. Whoever this man was, April had a son with him, and since he wasn't here, he was Mysteria's way to lure this girl in. What mother wouldn't run at the news her son was in trouble? Mysteria looked at April with a worried expression, carefully concealing the handcuffs behind her back.

April walked out of the bathroom with her hair now brushed and dressed in jeans and a vest top. She slipped her boots on. April was finally waking up properly which was when her powers kicked in and suddenly the thoughts of the person stood infront of her came flurrying in. It wasn't Brad, It was a girls thoughts. An angry girl. This had to be a shape shifter, it was the only explanation and they knew about her family, about her child. She didn't have much time to think on a plan, she just prayed that Alexa would get there before she was hurt or killed. She knew she had to get away from the person, she picked up her lamp from her bedside table and threw it at the shapeshifter and made a break for it.

Mysteria grimaced as the lamp struck her face, leaving a small gash on her cheek as it smashed. This girl was going to be trouble, fun trouble. She chased after April, running through the hallway and grabbing her by the stairs. April pushed back at her and she lost her footing for a moment, still unused to the weight of this form. She shifted back into her usual appearance as April ran down the stairs and took after her, grabbing a small but weighty statue as she went. She caught hold of April by the front door and hit her head roughly with the statue, knocking her out. She placed the handcuffs on her and looked outside, noticing the car out front. She broke in and flung the unconcious police officer in the back seat, starting the engine.

Alexa panicked as she heard what was going on on the other end of the line. All she could make out where the sounds of a fight, April didn't say anything else. The line went dead and Alexa looked at her phone, chewing her lip. April was definitely in trouble, and Alexa had to do something about it. She knew April's address, another thing exchanged for emergencies, and teleported over there in a flash of blue light with no idea what she was doing or what she might find.

April awoke with the room spinning, Her eyes tried to focus on something but she was clearly concussed. The first thing she could tell was that the back of her head was bleeding, she could feel the damp texture. She went to touch it with her fingers just to be sure but she realised, She was in handcuffs and that's when she suddenly remembered what had happened. The shape shifter had attacked her from behind obviously and as she had gone down she must of smacked her face or something because it felt swollen and bleeding. She didn't really have much chance to think on it because the room was finally coming into view and Mysteria was stood in front of her with two other men, one of them wasn't even wearing a costume. He was in an expensive suit with his dark brown hair slicked back, he was a very attractive man except his eyes were cold, he'd barely even look at April, he kept turning his nose up at her.

April was terrified, She knew that this was obviously about her job as a hero and not a detective but how did these people know who she was? The only person who knew who she was was Alexa and she'd never have said a single word to anyone. She couldn't think straight. She felt her eyes fill with tears because these people knew who her kid was, She had put her family in danger all because she wanted to get justice for a city. She shook the thought off and just adjusted to a more comfortable position.

"You realise kidnapping a police officer is illegal right?"April moaned.

Grayson was going to respond to April but he didn't deem her worth his time, he had enough people on his team to make her time unpleasant and he knew she wasn't working alone. He wanted to know who was working with her, No one was going to ruin his plans. He just folded his arms and smirked at the ground. Mysteria had done a better job than he had imagined because the detective was clearly injured which meant she probably wouldn't be strong enough to use her powers. Maybe he didn't have such an awful team.

Alexa appeared right outside what she presumed was April's front door, grateful that it was the middle of the night so there was no one around to see her appear in a flash of blue light. She shivered in her costume, having wished it back on as she left, leather crop tops were not good in the middle of the winter.

She nearly took a step back realizing how big April's house was, it was a house for one thing. Alexa lived in an apartment, like everyone else she had ever known. She didn't know how much a job as a police detective paid, but she doubted it was enough to afford this place while April was still technically in training. Still, that wasn't the issue now, Alexa shook her head and got her mind back on track.

She pushed at the front door tentatively, alarms in her mind going off at the fact it was still open.

Mysteria walked slowly around the Chair that April was now cuffed to, smiling slightly at the sight.

"Trust me, we are not afraid of the law. Now-" She clasped April's chin "Why don't tell the nice man here all about yourself, and that friend we have heard you work with."

Mysteria didn't know where Grayson got his information from, nor all that he knew. But she knew that April could be a threat to their operation, and that she had an associate who Grayson knew much less about, not even exactly what she could do.

April shivered under the touch of the foul women, It was clear the woman was proud of what she'd done to April. She tried to find a space in the cuffs to slip her hand out but she had put them on tightly and as she tried to slip her hand out she was ripping her wrists open. She gave up and prayed that Alexa would find her.

It was now clear that they didn't know who Alexa was which was her plan when she manipulated people's perceptions, She was always so dedicated to protect her friend that she had forgotten to protect herself. April would never give up Alexa's identity regardless of what they did to her and she would play on the fact she wasn't a superhero.

"I am a nobody, Just a detective...Well trainee. I work with my partner Detective Callistan and that's all you need to know. Just let me go, The police will know I'm missing soon and then you'll have most of the police force on your door...I'm sure you er...don't want that." She said with her voice breaking slightly from terror.

She knew these people meant business and that made her tremble, how could she have done this? got herself into so much trouble? She was a mother. She had responsibility.

April could hear someone's thought, She looked between the bad guys but it was non of their's. It was a girls an she was having a crisis in her brain.

"I can't believe i'm standing by while they do this to a person. They kidnapped a person Oh, you get yourself into a lot of bad things but this is the worst by far..."The girl was saying in her mind. April figured this girl wasn't trying to keep April out of her mind that's why she got in with a lot of ease. A bad guy who had genuine care, April had to find a way to use this to her advantage.

Alexa slipped inside the door, she thought that maybe it was a little rude going into April's house without an invite, but it was to save her life so if April had anything to say, she could shut up. The house was spacious, and way too neat except for a couple of things that looked like they had been knocked over. Alexa looked around, she'd even wished that (hopefully) no one would be able hear or notice her just in case whoever it was attacking April was still around, but there was no one around.

"Shit." She cursed, chewing her lip nervously.

"Not willing to talk to us? Fine. We have methods to make you." Mystria laughed.

She looked at Grayson for approval and continued after the slight nod of his head.

"April, meet Brother nature." She smirked cruelly, gesturing to the man in the corner, dressed in an all black costume with a symbol for the four elements on his chest and a flame patterned black mask over the top half of his face. Brother Nature could harness all four elements, but from what Mysteria had seen fire was by far his favourite.

Brother Nature walked over to the chair with a sneer, dark eyes glinting with cruelty. He grabbed April's arm and flames began to grow from his fingertips, licking April's skin. Mysteria smirked as she followed Grayson out of the room.

April tried to get away, Desperately pulling at the cuffs but she couldn't escape it. She closed her eyes to try and stop the tears from escaping, Weakness wasn't something she should show to these people but she couldn't help it. She let out a scream, The burning sensation becoming intense.

Suddenly, A young girl burst in the room. April was grateful because it obviously startled the man.

"um... there's a problem with the next job and I think Grayson may need your help."The young girl said.

'Brother nature' just huffed and walked out the room, The young girl instantly ran over to April, April could tell this was the girl who's mind she had been reading from the look of regret on the girls face.

"I-I-I am so sorry, They should not of done this to you. This was wrong, I thought they were just going to steal money. I was so wrong."The girl said as she inspected April's injuries.

"Clearly you don't know your partners as well as you thought, How do they know who I am?"April asked

"He said that he had a friend who had told him about you, I do not know anything else. I will try and get you out of here, This should never of happened."The girl replied.

April began to think about everyone in her life, Every person who she was close too and non of them knew about her abilities or her life outside of the police. It was a secret for a reason which made her even more nervous because she couldn't trust any of them. The young girl got a wet towel and wrapped it around the burn then began frantically searched for the keys to the cuffs. April would of cared for the wounds on her face and arm if the adrenaline wasn't pumping through her body.

"Are you all powered? I mean, What's the deal with this boss? Why is everyone scared of him?"April questioned.

"He has the ability to inflict any sort of illness on a person with one touch, No one wants to get sick so everyone just kind of listens to him. One guy got on the wrong side of him and now ....He's dead from a terminal illness. Grayson means business."The girl replied.

Alexa noticed that April's car wasn't in the driveway and mentally kicked herself for not noticing earlier. She didn't have a car though, so she guessed it was just the kind of thing she didn't notice, teleporting was easier and even better it was free. She did have a motorbike, but she hardly ever actually used it to get anywhere, she just drove around through the streets sometimes because she liked how it felt, the feeling of the wind whipping against her body as she drove too fast on lonely roads. But she knew April had a car, Alexa had seen park it up outside the base as she came back from the station a million times. This was good, inside a car was technically a location, Alexa could work with this....hopefully. She closed her eyes and focused on the image of the police cruiser before disappearing in a flash of light, like the colour of the moon over the sea, electricity and icy stars.

She opened her eyes again as the light started to fade, nervous that she would of shown up in the wrong place. She let out of a sigh of relief when she saw the brown leather of the seats and padded metal doors. She quickly noticed that one of the windows had been smashed, but when she looked out over the dashboard she couldn't see anyone. She did see a house though, larger and more extravagant that April's or anything else she'd ever seen. It didn't look taken care of though, like no one actually lived here even though she could see lights on in the distant windows and two shadowy figures standing by the door, like gaurds . April had to be around somewhere, and this house looked like the only contender. She quickly teleported inside without even thinking about what might be waiting for her through the door.

Alexa appeared in the house and flinched, annoyed at the bright flash of her powers that she usually loved. She still had the wish that she'd made at April's house on her, the one making it hard for others to notice her, but that one was always dodgy in how well it worked and even at it's best only did any good as long as she didn't draw any attention to herself, someone was bound to have noticed that. If only she could actually make herself invisible, but she'd tried and either it wasn't possible or she just wasn't good enough yet. Alexa scanned her surroundings, she was in a hallway, big and open but devoid of any homely touches, which she guessed confirmed that whatever this place was used for, it wasn't a home. She was about to start looking for April but suddenly her body was jolting with currents of electricity and she clenched her teeth so as not to scream. When it stopped she breathed heavily, still convulsing slightly. She found the source of the electricity as a man walked out of one of the rooms, face hooded and eyes covered by goggles,the stark white spandex of his costume adorned with a lightening insignia on his chest. He raised his arm in a threatening movement and threw another sparking orb of pure electricity at her, but she managed to dodge this time.

"Hey, sparky, is this place yours?" She grunted, angry and still in pain.

"The names Friction Fury, princess, and I just work here." He said, voice deep and bellowing, like thunder.

"In that case, let's get this over with." She threw an energy beam of her own at him, smirking slightly as he fell to the floor, grinding his teeth in pain like she had been a few seconds ago. It was clear that he hadn't been expecting it, but that just made him angrier as he got to his feet again.

"You shouldn't have done that, princess." He said, forming another orb.

They were pretty much equally matched in their attacks, but she was faster, her small body making it easier to dodge the attacks than his tall and muscled physique. She was grateful for that, too focused on dodging to think of any wish to cast to help her out she was forced to rely on her energy beams for attack. She didn't know how long the fight went on, but she was drained by the time he was finally knocked out when one of her beams smashed him backwards into the heavy wall. She took a sigh of relief, leaning over to breathe for a moment before moving on. She had only took a step when she heard the click of a gun.

A man was right next to her, gun pointed straight at her temple. He must have snuck up on her when she'd let her gaurd down, probably drawn here by the sound of friction fury crashing into the concrete. His bald head and gold plated teeth both both gleamed as he looked at her smugly. He was definitely pointing a gun at her, but it didn't look like April's side arm or any other gun she'd ever came across. It was more like something you'd see on tv, in an old science fiction show, it was black,and plated with gold just like his teeth.

"Well, aren't you pretty." He looked her over, gun hand unwavering and bound to go off if she moved "Still, I think Midas could make you...gleam."

Alexa was afraid for what may of been one of the first times since she'd gotten her powers, she didn't know what was going to happen to her, but she knew she was trapped. She needed to think of a way out of this....fast.

"Oh god, um...I wish your gun would backfire, I wish your gun would backfire, I wish your gun would backfire...but, like, non-lethally." She rushed out, eyes scrunched closed in fear.

"Now that's not a very nice thing for a pretty little girl to say, but luckily you won't be able to speak soon." He said, still grinning egotistically. He pulled the trigger and Alexa feared for the worst...god, she couldn't die now, she couldn't just leave April here to die, she couldn't let her down, not when it mattered. But as he pulled the trigger the gun was suddenly and immediately yanked down by gravity, aiming straight at his feet and...covering them with molten gold. The gold cooled in an instant, and as it hardened Midas's feet were welded to the hardwood floor.

"Tell me where my friend is, now!" She demanded, too tired for her usual sarcasm. Remembering that April was relying on her made her forget all about her fear, and apparently also made her forget they weren't technically friends.

Midas looked frightened as he pointed to one of the doors that ran along the long hallway. Alexa wasn't physically threatening at just over five foot, with curves instead of any prominent muscle, so it must have been her powers that had frightened the smug look off of his face, she didn't care what it was as long as it meant she found her partner. She ran to the door Midas had pointed at with his shaking hand and flung it open, relief filling her chest when she found April. The relief quickly turned though, forming into rage and sadness as she saw the blood on her partners face and the blistering red burns along her arm.

"I wish you were healed, I wish you were healed, I wish you were healed." Alexa said.

She wasn't the best healer, only able to fix up minor wounds and lessen moderate ones, but this time it seemed to work better than it ever had before, the burn nearly disappearing entirely back into smooth, tanned skin, and Alexa guessed that it was because of how strongly she meant it. She didn't know why she suddenly felt so strongly, it must have been the stress of the fight that had her emotions running high, she didn't even realize how high until she'd already freed April, breaking the cuffs with a small energy beam, and then she realized she'd completely missed the fact there was another girl in the room.

"Who are you?!" She demanded, raising her arm to shoot an energy beam at the unknown, dark haired girl.

Freya realised the girl obviously thought she was a threat, She used her super speed to run behind the girl. The wind picking up around them as she moved, She didn't fancy getting hit by one of the girls beams, It had gone through metal...She didn't want to know what happened when it hit skin.

"Please, I am not one of them. I was helping."Freya stammered.

"She's telling the truth, If she hadn't of stopped the guy I would have been horribly burnt. What's your name? You know my real name.."April smiled.

"My name is Freya, they call me Phazer. You should really get out of here, I do not know how long they will be planning the next job for. It is not a complicated Job so they will be back soon and if they catch you... Well Grayson will probably not be too happy."Freya said.

Freya kept looking over her shoulder, Grayson's team weren't exactly the brightest but together they did have a lot of power. Some of the people's abilities in the team were almost impossible to believe. Half of the team weren't about asking question, they were about killing. Other than Grayson, She'd never actually seen anyone kill someone but they talked a big game and she did not want to see them deliver their word especially when the two girls she had just met were about helping people. Something she wished she had done in the first place instead of getting involved with a big crime boss with no remorse.

"Come with us, You can't stay here and when I was reading your mind you said they were just supposed to be about money, it's clearly a lot more then that and someone like you shouldn't be getting involved in these things. I mean, You have super speed? With the right training, You could help a lot of people. It's just an idea but- I'd feel awful leaving you here with them."April spoke.

Freya thought about it, She had joined Grayson in a hopeful attempt to learn her powers, Figure out why she had them and how fast she could go or even if she had any other abilities and so far, He'd barely said five words to her. Freya had never actually gotten to use her powers.

"You are right. Yes. I will go with you."Freya smiled.

"Can you teleport us back to mine?"April asked.

Alexa frowned, but did as April had asked and thought about April's house, the bright blue light filling the room. She brushed her blue curls back from her face as soon as they appeared in April's living room, exhausted from the earlier fight. She could sleep later though, right now she had to find out what the hell was going on. She sat down on April's insanely comfortable sofa, keeping her mask on, just because this Phazer girl knew April's secret identity didn't mean Alexa was just gonna pull her mask off and hand over her identity with open arms.

"What happened? Why did these people take you, and how did they find you?" Alexa asked April softly.

She'd be more demanding, it's certainly how she felt, but she knew that April probably wasn't in the best place after all that and Alexa wasn't wasn't a complete dick.

She threw a look in Freya's direction, watching the girl carefully. The girl didn't look like much, tall and slim with dark hair that faded into blonde. And she was young, even younger than her and April were. She looked normal, but you couldn't tell a criminal just by looking at them. Alexa didn't completely not trust her, she knew that April trusted her, and that meant something considering that April could literally read her thoughts. But that didn't change the fact that this girl had been working with criminals, creepy criminals with superpowers and superguns. But while Alexa may of been no mind reader, she was good at reading people, it came with the job of being a journalist, and whatever Freya had done in the past she did seem to be genuine about wanting to change, So Alexa would give her a chance.

"So, superspeed, huh?" She asked Freya, filling the silence while April formulated an answer.

Alexa couldn't deny that she thought the superspeed thing was pretty cool. She loved this whole powers thing, her own especially, but she was always interested when she met other people like them, excited, even. No one knew where these powers came from, most people didn't even know about them unless they had them, but Alexa wanted to know everything she could, how could she not? They had superpowers, it was frickin' cool.

April picked up the statue off the floor, She frowned at the object. She was just grateful that it didn't smash even thought it was stained with her own blood. She just cleaned her house up slightly, Picking up the objects that had been knocked over.

"Well Alexa, They know who I am because someone told them... and I don't really know what they wanted. I guess they wanted to know your identity which I obviously didn't give up. I forget when warping peoples perceptions to destroy their vision of me. I'm not safe in my own home anymore but I refuse to leave for some stupid bad guys.Thanks for er..You know..Saving me."April said.

April found her glasses on the floor by the front door, Obviously having fallen off during the fight with the shape shifter and put them on. She sat in her arm chair glaring blankly at the photo on the side of her,Brad and her son. She had to warn Brad about the bad guys and protect their child but she couldn't tell him what she did for a living. It was dangerous, She could die at any point and leave their child without a mother and he would never understand her reasoning behind it.

"Superspeed..Yes."Freya said.

Freya just stood awkwardly, She wasn't sure what she was supposed to do. She figured that it was very uncomfortable that she used to work for Grayson. Most people wouldn't of trusted her and they had every right not too but when she had first met Grayson he was so charming, he seemed like an alright person but when she saw what he did to the guy who died and what he did to April made her realise he was a monster and now she wasn't sure who she could trust properly.

Her heart began to pound violently in her chest when she realised that Grayson knew things about her...And her family. He made everyone give up their information when they joined his team. It didn't seem like a big deal...until now.

"Hey, it's no big deal. I mean, who else would keep me awake with boring science talk while we're waiting for some criminals to beat up." Alexa shrugged, nonchalant.

It was kind of a big deal. She would've saved anyone, of course, but it still felt like a big deal. Tonight had been crazy, Alexa's body was still hurting from Friction Fury's orbs and her emotions had been all over the place. She hadn't noticed it at the time, but she had felt her powers buzzing under her skin since the moment she'd got that phone call, she only noticed now that they were calm. Her powers went a little out of control sometimes, which was something she was meant to be working on, and the beam she'd used to cut through the handcuffs had been stronger than usual, but everything inside her felt calmer now that April was safe.

"Wait, who the hell told them?! I thought I was the only one who knew?" Alexa said suddenly, brain catching up to the conversation "And why would they want to know about me? I've never even heard of this Grayson guy" She shrugged.

Alexa was lost. No one knew who they were except each other, and now Freya and a whole group of criminals apparently knew who at least one of them was. Alexa may not of been the most sensitive person sometimes, but she would never have told anyone who April was. Alexa bit her lip in thought, rolling her shoulders and leaning her head back on the sofa arm. She bet there would be a pretty nasty bruise around her side tomorrow, and her muscles were still aching like hell. Sleep was definitely tempting, but she wanted to make sure that April was alright first....and besides, all leather was not exactly comfy.

She spotted Freya over in the corner, Alexa had nearly forgotten she was here, which was pretty bad considering she was still a potential threat, sort of. Freya looked uncomfortable, awkwardly standing in the corner and watching them talk. Alexa felt kind of bad for her, she seemed confused, and worry was shining from her eyes like there was no way she could hide it. She didn't know what Freya was worried about, but Alexa would probably be worried too after getting involved with a crime mob.

"Hey, you can sit down, y'know?" Alexa offered, then slid the domino mask off, revealing her face "I'm Alexa, by the way, or Cobalt Chaos, whatever." Alexa said, that was possibly a bad idea, but if it was then it was too late now, and maybe it would make Freya feel more comfortable.

"You are the only one who knows, I've never told anyone else about my abilities. I thought maybe telling people I could read their thoughts might put them off being my friend you know? Nothing's a secret around me really. I think they wanted to know who you are because well we did stop that clone guy robbing a bank..We are a threat to them ."April frowned.

April curled up in the chair, She kept her eyes firmly locked on the door. She was terrified they'd be back for her and she was having her son tomorrow. She closed her eyes and relaxed her head.

"Alexa...Do you...Do you mind staying with me for a while? Until we figure out what to do I mean or I have time to make a cool contraption? I have tons of clothes and food."April smiled."Freya, Do you need a place to stay too?"

April would have just pretended like it was just the fact that these people had broken into her home that spooked her but it was also the sudden realization that she wasn't powerful, She hadn't trained enough and that scared her because she couldn't protect herself.

"It is lovely to meet you."Freya smiled.

She moved slowly to the sofa and sat down, She started to feel a bit more comfortable with the two girls but she was still worried. She then realised, She would be able to help the two girls take down Grayson. She knew everything about their operations.

"Yes please, Just for today. I can give you the information, Grayson would of been after you because he really hates people going against him. I can sit and write down all the members of his team and their different abilities that way you will not be surprised by any of their powers? I also know his next plan, Sort of. So, We have that."Freya smiled.

"Yeah, sure." Alexa smiled.

April must have been pretty shaken up if she was asking Alexa to stay with her. As said before, they weren't exactly friends, never mind the kind of friends who had sleepovers. Still, if April wanted her to stay then she would. Alexa was the kind of person who dealt with her problems alone, but she understood why someone wouldn't want to be on their own right now.

Anyway, April's house had enough room for the three of them. The living room itself was only slightly smaller than Alexa's entire apartment. Her and April had been working together for a while now, but Alexa had never really thought about how little they knew about each other. They were the only people who knew about eachothers powers, or at least they were supposed to be, but that was about it. Maybe it would be fun to get to know more about her partener in anti-crime, although she couldn't imagine what April actually did with her spare time, science stuff or something? Probably.

Alexa pushed herself up into a sitting position with a wince, kicking her combat boots off to get a bit more comfortable. She didn't know where she was supposed to sleep, there were a couple of other rooms upstairs but she didn't know if they were guest rooms or what. Even if she had to sleep on the sofa, or the floor, she didn't mind, it wasn't like she hadn't done it before, she'd spent a few years sleeping like that.

"Do you have work tomorrow?" She asked April "And what about you? Do you have a job? Outside of being part of a crime mob, obviously." She asked Freya.

Freya didn't even look twenty yet, but Alexa guessed she wasn't at college if she'd been spending so much time with Grayson. If she didn't have a job, then it looked like Freya had a lot of stuff in her life she needed to work out now. Alexa knew it was tough, being thrown into the adult world all of a sudden with no direction, and if that was Freya's situation then Alexa felt bad for her, still, Alexa knew nothing about her, maybe she had it all figured out.

April left the room for a moment to get changed back into her dark red nightie and sat back in the chair.

"I have another day off unless something happens with the case, If they find another body or whatever then I have to rush in. Oh, Freya you can have the sofa, Alexa you can share my bed."April smiled

April couldn't stop thinking about work, She was very passionate about her job. She had always been told that she had the brains to be an amazing scientist but it was always more of a hobby. The only thing she had ever felt passionate about was justice, Fighting for what was right. The only problem with her job was the amount of work she always had to do. Piles upon piles of paper work that never seemed to end. She wanted to be in the police force also for the thrill of chasing criminals but it had been a slow few months since this serial killer has been going around. She had spent most of the time researching biological warfare or weird diseases from across the globe but she had always come up short which made her job even more stressful.

Freya had her head in the clouds, She was trying to figure out what to do about Grayson. He was a very unpredictable man and that was one of his scariest traits because nobody ever really knew if he was going to explode with rage. Freya figured her betrayal would of sparked Grayson to do something crazy.

She shook herself out of her thoughts and realised Alexa had asked her a question.

"I am a waitress part time, The money is not great but at least it is a start, What do you do?"Freya asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back