DeathMatch 4

who are you betting on

• the five cover solars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • their evil abyssal counterparts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I always envisoned dace being more of a leader/strategist than an actual fighter but I am sure he'd wipe the floor with the lady in the end, can't really give a reason besides the fact that I really like good old grumpy dace.

Sato said:
The solars have the extra edge to win because they KNOW what will happen to their poor sad corpses if they lose to a bunch of perverted freaky abyssals.  That incentive alone is enough to pull them through.
The Solars know what will happen to their CORPSES if they die, but their higher souls will either linger on as ghosts in the underworld (unpleasent given the cause of their demise), or reenter the cycle of reincarnation.

The Abyssals, on the other hand, KNOW (or at least suspect- after all, they're dealing with Malfeans and their servitors) that their higher souls will wind up in OBLIVION. So as far as motivation goes, I think the Abyssals have just as much, if not more, than the Solars.

As for who would win in a straight up, isolated fight (no outside help)...I'd say Abyssals.  Their combat charms are at least as powerful as the Solars, and with a distinctive bent towards the anihilition Creation and its inhabitants.

Experience?

Having taken a sabbatical from Exalted during the school year, I am just getting back into the swing of things; let me know if I miss anything here.  My answer is predicated on a couple of things:  

1) This happens in a Shadowland; same rejuv. rates for both sides, right?

2) The Solar circle has more canon experience together, even if its only been bits and pieces of the circle so far.

3) The Abyssals are going to have more artillery in the way of artifacts, thanks to their Deathlord Masters.

Oops, that's three, doesn't = a couple...oh well.  :roll:

Solars.  Definately.  Why?  Well, I play a lot of World of Warcraft.  I am big on pvp, and I find that me and my guild beat the crap out of the Horde on a regular basis.  Why?  They have better equipment, but we have better teamwork and, from the names I see on both sides of the battle, more experience.  

Dace has lived his whole life living warfare.  Panther was a favored arena underdog.  Jade had a hard martial life as well.  Arianna and Swan will be the "weak" points in the way of experience for a battle.

Then there's the Abyssals.  You know, Maiden of the Mirthless Smile, Lady of Darkness in Bloodstained Robes, and ...who are the other three?  Seriously, they don't get any air time in the books as far as I am aware.

So yeah, the Solars ftw!

First off, Disciple of the Seven Forbidden Wisdoms is the equal of Harmonious in my book. Read his blurbs in Abyssals and read Day as Dark as Night. Plus, he may care for her, but he does have her dancing around his little finger.

The topless Midnight...eh, I could give two shits. But our sociopath Daybreak and the Moonshadow? Hmm, me thinks Falling Tears Poet could give Swan a DAMN good run for his money, and the psycho Daybreak will probably weild more necromantic power than Arianna has sorcerous. She may be cocky toward DBs and Solar, but by God she'll bend on one knee to someone her equal in sheer power. She's not that much a fighter with out her magic, and I'm sure necro boy will have as many undead toys as she will demonic.

AHA!  7 and the Poet; I was wrong, they do have more air time...haven't read the "novel" in a while, and the Poet was actually staring me in the face from the floor while I wrote that.  

Okay, Jade and 7 cancel out.  Poet beats Swan, but not by a large margin.  Surgeon has too much fun in what he is doing, and is defeated by Panther; not by much.  Robes is beaten by Arianna; the Solar does love her offensive spells, and she isn't really fond of weakness.  I think she has a font of strength waiting to well up that we haven't been privy to yet.

That leaves Dace, and Panther and Arianna (both largely weakened) and Smile and Poet (who is weakened from Swan, but not as much as the other two Solars).  Panther rips Poet a new one, especially if both have blown through their essence, just because of the gladiator's former self has plenty of knowledge of how to do so.  

Dace and Smile...I'm not sure.  Dace is a strategist, and an above average fighter.  Smile is a WAY above average fighter.  In one on one, I think she would win.  Dace might be able to wear her down one on one if enough environmental obstacles presented themselves, but for purposes of a "fair" fight, I picture a flat battlefield.

If even one solar can help out in this one on one fight, Dace wins.  Hands down.

CJviscious said:
Robes is beaten by Arianna; the Solar does love her offensive spells, and she isn't really fond of weakness.  I think she has a font of strength waiting to well up that we haven't been privy to yet.
I don't think you can dismiss Robes just that easily.  Sure, she may not have many combat charms, and be more focused on Presence and Performance Charms, but have you  seen Abyssal Prescence and Perfomance Charms? Besides soothing and distracting the other combatants with her beautiful music and commanding prescence, these Charms can cause some real damage, going so far as to be soakable by natural soak only.  She might not win the Abyssals the battle, but she isn't worthless in a fight.

That, and all the male characters will be distracted by her cleavage at some point or another! :P

"That, and all the male characters will be distracted by her cleavage at some point or another!"

Heh, well maybe Dace and Swan, probably not Panther.  He's seen plenty of cleavage in his day in the arena, and he can probably resist not looking after the first time...Swan maybe too, but only becuz his gf is around.

xD *Swan glances at the bountiful chest of the Maiden, get's a MEAN Burning Eyes of the OFfender from Arianna. Promptly looks away in mortal terror*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back