• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Death Is The Road To Awe

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
There are no cloaks, nor even umbrellas; only hoods and hats. No candles or censers; only a few electric torches and flashlight apps. Only three concessions to the old ways are present; thirteen stone steps, a hand-carved bone dagger, and the stroke of midnight.

"Descend the steps, cut your palm, and the Way will be opened," Lockerby says, bullethole in the centre of his forehead glistening. Calista sniggers, pox scattered across her cheeks, and Lockerby rounds on her. "Take this seriously, for once, or you going down there with her," he snarls, and looks back to the new pledge.

Andrea is scared, and cold, and soaked from the rain, staring down those thirteen steps, in this mostly-forgotten Seattle cemetery.

Relax, little sister, her new friend whispers from somewhere inside her head. She can see him in the corner of her eye; cracked sunglasses and omnipresent grin. I'll be right with you.

She descends the thirteen steps.

She cuts her palm, and holds out her hand.

The world cracks inward and drags her with it.

The air is still. Silent. No rain here; no sky. Only an eternity of narrow, twisting tunnels lit dimly by phosphorescent moss.

Andrea notes it mostly grows in the shapes of skulls and bones, and clutches the guitar that has appeared in her hands tighter, her talisman and keystone.

"Find the right ghost, ask the right questions, and get out to join the gang - how hard can it be?" She asks, of no one in particular. The Blues Singer with his forever-exposed grin leans against a wall ahead.

"Piece of cake, sister."

=================================

This is an RP set in the modern day. There will be 5 characters. It will demand creative investment.

Your character must be an ordinary person, with two crucial criteria.

1. Their whole lives, they have seen ghosts. A flicker in the corner of the eye, a looming face in a distant window, a voice in the night.

2. They are going to die in the first few pages of the RP. How is up to you, but ideally each one will die in a different way, under five headings.

• Violence - The Bleeding Ones, Victims of Malice, Chosen of the Red Horseman, Marked by Murder and Conflict
  • Deprivation - The Starved Ones, Victims of Neglect, Chosen of the Black Horseman, Marked by Starvation and Need
  • Sickness - The Ravaged Ones, Victims of Plague, Chosen of the White Horsemen, Marked by Poison, Virus and Bacterium
  • Nature - The Drowned Ones, the Eaten, Victims of the Elements, Chosen of the Pale Horsemen, Marked by Claw, Wave and Earth
  • Sheer bad luck - The Lightning-Struck, Victims of Misfortune, Chosen of the Grey Horseman, Marked by Fate's Injustice

This will be a game of contrasting light and dark, life and death - though in the end, it will be very much about death. Those of you who have caught on to my antics; no spoilers in the thread, thankyou.

Once you have a character concept, please answer the following from your character's perspective.

1. What is the worst thing you've ever done?

2. What is the worst thing you can imagine yourself doing?

3. What is the worst thing you can imagine someone else doing?

4. What is the most traumatic thing that has ever happened to your character?

5. Strange things happen in every life - what have you forgotten?

Interested. End of story. Character concept coming in within 4 hrs at the soonest, tomorrow the latest.

And rum. Lots of rum.

Is this what I think it is? Or based kinda like what I think it is?

Ohhhh baby yes....

I shall have a concept soonish. I have some other things to finish this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back