• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Death Inc. Employee Register

Main
Here
OOC
Here

Jean Otus

Would-Be Prince
[Appearance]

Name:
Reason for Death:
Religion(If Applicable):

First Impression of Death Inc.:
Personality: (at least a paragraph)
Bio: (at least two paragraphs)
Uniform: (if not in appearance picture)
Reaper's Tool:
Extra:

PVoSLqVD_400x400.jpeg

Name: Simon Talbot
Age at Death: 25
Reason for Death: Stabbed to death
Religion(If Applicable): Agnostic

First Impression of Death Inc.: At first he's a bit miffed at being drafted into a reaper, but Simon quickly becomes curious about his new circumstances, wishing to learn about as much about this supernatural business as possible.

Personality: Simon is a very interesting character; you either like him or find him annoying. And that's just how he likes it. The reason people tend to have these opposing opinions is very apparent the second you meet him as Simon tends to come across as very sarcastic and cocky, extracting a lot of enjoyment out of riling people up. He has a dark sense of humor, something that's very likely to increase now that he's dead, and takes great pride in his intellect. However, those who truely got to know Simon would say that under his bravdo lay a genuine heart of gold. He pursued his studies with the ultimate goal of helping people and cared deeply for those who wiggled their way into his affections; platonic or otherwise. Unfortunately his actions in life gained him a few enemies, including one that would one day take his life...

Bio: Simon Dominic Talbot was born in London, England to a pair of strict yet loving parents. He was a devoted student who had consistently good grades, but wasn't well liked by his teachers or peers due to his cocky attitude. In high school Simon mellowed out, even gaining a few friends as a result. Despite this he still had a rivalry with a man named Frederick Chamberlain, someone who was determined to show Talbot who was truly intellectually superior.
Unfortunately their rivalry only heated up as time went on. All of this culminated into Simon utterly embarrassing Frederick during a class debate while the two were in University. Chamberlain, unable to to bare this indignity, vowed to take revenge. Three months later Simon came back to his dorm after a long study session. He didn't notice Fredrick until he buried a knife up to the hilt in his shoulder. Stunned by the sudden, agonizing pain Talbot was powerless as his old rival stabbed him several more times in savage succession. Then in a final, desperate rush to survive Simon snatched the knife away and plunged it into the crazed man's chest, killing him instantly. Tragically, Talbot's action was not enough as he succumbs to his injuries just moments before the police, answering to a disturbance call, showed up to his dorm. Hours later the coroner carry both bodies away to the morgue, none of the humans notice a sinister black varpor forming over the spot that Frederick Chamberlain died...

Uniform: tumblr_ojhh99dy701s68tvdo1_400.jpg

Reaper's Tool: Outside of combat Simon's tool appears as an ornate magnifying glass (very Sherlock Holmes). In battle it transforms into a beautifully carved cane that appears to be made out of dark cherry wood. This tool gives Simon the ability to call upon the elements of electricity, earth, ice, and wind. As he just received these powers Simons doesn't know how to control them and has a limited amount of magical energy to pull from.

Extra:

Last edited:
"Don't look at me like that"

1582928728328.png

Name:
Jasmine 'Jade' Ortiz

Age at Death:
Twenty-two (22)

Reason for Death:
Slit throat

Religion(If Applicable):
Half Christian Half atheist - there is a belief in the principles of being a good Christian just not the belief in God per se...
Does it really matter if she was 100% good?

So, death is the next great adventure... wait... did he just say hell?!

Personality: (at least a paragraph)
Jade, as she is commonly referred to, is a bit on the odd side and a slight apathetic... Doing most things to find the trill in them as she can find herself getting bored or going on useless tangents rather frequently. Sometimes she seems like a complete pyscho and others she seems alright and could probably be your friend. This woman has a no biting policy and is just waiting for what this current domain (???) is going to offer her.
She can just off herself if its bad, right?

Bio: (at least two paragraphs)
Theoretically, there is nothing truly remarkable so say about her life so far. Unless death at twenty-two counts? She was born and raised in a manor, labelled as that kid that got everything they wanted. Which she did. Growing up everything was spoon fed to her, wanted to go to the theme park? Rent it out the day and go on all the rides whenever she wanted. Wanted to take a break? Fly to Dubai and spend a few evenings having a spa treatment. Being the only child also meant that she got lonely and while her parents were on business trips she would find her own company in herself. She would explore 'normal' towns and cities and not find them to be as spectacular gather knowledge where ever she went.

It wasn't till she moved out and went to university where it started to blossom and her life took more interesting turns. There was the wild parties where she could get flat out drunk and sleep in on her important lectures and got reprimanded as she couldn't pay them for a higher grade. The sleazy one night stands where she could try something different. And her now ex boyfriend, now ex abusive boyfriend who took pleasure in manipulating her. Jasmine was smart enough to spot this but enjoyed the thrill behind it. It was starting to dilute. She watched as he tried to attack her. She killed herself.

Uniform:
Paired with leather jeans and black knee high boots

Reaper's Tool:
A charcoal black chain attached to her belt loop with a jade stone dangling from it, about two inches in length. When activated by Jasmine, and her alone it transforms into a 6ft pole, the chain continuing to weave a curved blade. The jade stone on display at the hilt of the scythe. A reference to her name.

Extra:
Currently, nothing to add.

Last edited:
128b3294551784c9acfe6c91f1e4f2a32e24a0b8_00.jpg

Name: Matthias Corvo
Age at Death: 27
Reason for Death: It's been so long now that I can't even recall...
Religion(If Applicable): I don't recall being particularly dedicated to any god during my life. If I did I don't think I would have ended up here.

All I can remember from my arrival was the office was even busier than it is now. It seemed like a cold, callous, corporate place that made me wish I had been a better person in life. After approximately a century on paperwork duty, I grew to tolerate it. This begrudging relationship has led to where I am now, in charge of all you rookies.

Personality: Untold lifetimes spent in the corporate machine of this in-between institution has sapped Matthias of most human kindness. Witnessing all manner of death on a regular basis has led to him having a rather blasé outlook on the world, he copes with the crushing weight of an eternity of work with a dry sense of humor. He prides himself on being efficient and working well independently. As such he is somewhat uncomfortable with the idea of being a mentor and manager for the newly conscripted reapers.

Bio: Matthias arrived in the land of the reapers in a traumatic way. According to those who greeted him, his sudden appearance and lack of any memories from his human life were typical of those who died in a particularly violent fashion. Some joked that he was lucky that such passing didn't twist his soul into some sort of dark spirit. Arriving as a blank slate came with certain advantages. Matthias could be taught to take care of any task in the organization without any previous bias from his old life. Death is a massive industry and takes a great deal of paperwork to manage the comings and passings of all of mankind. As such Matthias learned to cope with his new life under mountains of paper in the endless cubicles and hallways of Death Incorporated.

He was only promoted to reaper recently, at which point he was allowed to return to the Earth to collect the souls of the dead. The excitement of the event was somewhat blunted by his depressed opinion of the world. The modern world held very few wonders which impressed, especially since he often had to watch the technology of this new world take lives. Matthias toiled away at this job for several more years, mostly dealing with the dullest of passings and acting as a helpful but grim reaper. All that changed when something shifted in the world of spirits. Suddenly the spirits of the dead refused to go peacefully, rather they twisted and warped into monstrous things that had to be put down. As such, Matthias was pushed up the ranks by his superiors and given a party of new reapers to train and lead against the rising tide of monsters and dark spirits.

Reaper's Tool: A silver pocket watch which, when activated by Matthias, transforms radically. The chain extends and stiffens into a five-foot-long pole. From the depths of the watch, a long, curved blade extends, with the face of the watch in its heart. This scythe is a fairly standard tool, one which provides an option to move about freely when out of combat and deploying it when necessary.

Extra: Matthias's boss, Ana, is a terrifyingly powerful reaper who often terrorizes him when he's around the office.

1582929048218.png
Name: Isaac Silverstein
Age at Death: 24
Reason for Death: Bystander hit by stray bullet during shootout.
Religion: Atheist.

First Impression of Death Inc.: "I still have to work even after dying? This -ing sucks. Well, might as well make the most of this. Just another day in the office..."

Personality: Isaac's personality revolves mainly around himself, but he's willing to make that about others as well. Even if it's only for a short time he tries to get to know those he's around. Isaac's also an avid consumer of media, from fiction to nonfiction to news and tries to get his friends to share his interests. He's got recommendations for just about anything and will happily share them if asked. He has a short temper when it comes to people who don't know or care how they affect others or sloppiness. From his point of view even if things aren't fair there should at least be a way to rectify errors. Isaac's sense of humor tends towards puns, black comedy, and punchlines that don't end as expected.

Biography:
Isaac was born to an upper-middle class family, got average grades in school, graduated, and then joined the workforce in an office job without making much of an impact on those around him. His life was a grindstone of routines. Get up, get ready for work, go to work, work in the office, go home, clean up, spend what little time there is before bed relaxing, sleep, and then start over. He just got by. Isaac had accepted he'd never make a big impact on the world, but he definitely wanted more out of life. He mainly connected with others online.

Isaac wasn't exactly unhappy, but he was living for the weekend. He just didn't know what to do with his life other than keep going forward. Then one day on his walk to work he was struck and killed by a stray bullet during a shootout between police and a killer. He died nearly instantly and didn't even realize what had happened until he died and woke up at the Death Inc. office. Right now he's still coming to terms with being dead and still having to work.

Reaper's Tool: A pair of silver coins with a scythe on one side and skull on the other that turns into revolvers when Isaac needs to use them. He can use them both at once but only because of their connection to him.

Last edited:
images (25).jpeg

Name: Michelle Goncharov
Reason for Death: jumped in front of a moving train
Religion: christian
First Impression of Death Inc.: Give me a break already...

Personality: Bitter and unmotivated, Michelle just wants a good rest from everything. Despite her constant complaints, she's an obedient person and usually done whatever job she's assigned to as fast as possible. She's pessimistic and expects the worst most of the time. She's pretty talkative and can be rather snarky. Self-loathing is her hobby.

Bio: Her parents were a lovey dovey couple that loves to brag about their love life and thus little Michelle became a fan of love stories. With dazzling eyes and overflowing enthusiasm she helped people hook up with each other and she became well known as the matchmaker. One day her crush requested her help to confess to someone else, little Michelle was heartbroken but she helped him anyways. That day the girl learned that karma is a lie.

With her new cynical view, Michelle found herself drifting away more and more from what she's used to be. She became very easy to ditch her friends, lost motivation to go to school and her parents keep pestering about her bad grades. She didn't want things to become like this but she didn't know what to do either. Furthermore, she masked her dark thought with sufficiently frequent smile on her face, just enough to keep other people from probing further about her.

Then come college, ah yes, college. She thought moving to an apartement and live by herself would give her the privacy and freedom needed to collect and develop herself, becoming self-sufficient and whatnot. Lie. She ended up shutting herself, only accompanied by the swirling dark thought that keeps eating away at her sanity. One day while waiting for the train to her college, she was wondering how many people would be sad if she suddenly dies...

Dying wasn't as painful as she thought to be. Kidding, it hurts as hell.

Reaper's Tool: A polearm with a circular saw at the end of it.
images (24).jpeg
Extra: Probably because of her death cause, but reaper Michelle has the ability to stick her own face to to the ground without hindering her ability to move around. She's very good at crawling and at times can be seen laying on the ground while being dragged by her own legs.

Last edited:
View attachment 685979

Name: Michelle Goncharov
Reason for Death: jumped in front of a moving train
Religion: christian

First Impression of Death Inc.: Give me a break already...
Personality: Bitter and unmotivated, Michelle just want a good rest from everything. Despite her regular complains, she's an obedient person and usually done whatever job she's assigned to as fast as possible. She's pessimistic and expects the worst most of the time. She's pretty talkactive and can be rather snarky. Self-loathing is her hobby.

Bio: Her parents were a couple that came from a very different background with incredible love story and thus little Michelle became a fan of love stories. With dazzling eyes and overflowing enthusiasm she helped people hook up with each other and she became well known as the matchmaker. One day her crush requested her help to confess to someone else, little Michelle was heartbroken but she helped him anyways. That day the girl learned that karma is a lie.

With her new cynical view, Michelle found herself drifting away more and more from what she's used to be. She became very easy to ditch her friends, she lost motivation to go to school and her parents keep pestering about her bad grades. She didn't want things to become like this but she didn't know what to do either. Furthermore, she masked her dark thought with sufficiently frequent smile on her face, just enough to keep other people from probing further about her.

College, ah yes, college. She thought moving to an apartement and live by herself would give her the privacy needed to collect and develop herself, becoming self-sufficient and whatnot. She ended up shutting herself, only accompanied by the swirling dark thought that keeps eating away at her sanity. One day while waiting for the train to her college, she was wondering how many people would be sad if she suddenly dies...

Dying wasn't as painful as she thought to be. Kidding, it hurts as hell.

Reaper's Tool: A polearm with a circular saw at the end of it.
Extra: Probably because of her death cause, but reaper Michelle has the ability to stick her own face to to the ground without hindering her ability to move around. She's very good at crawling and at times can be seen laying on the ground while being dragged by her own legs.
This looks good save for a few minor spelling and grammar errors. If you can fix those up and keep your posts neat I'll approve your character.

This looks good save for a few minor spelling and grammar errors. If you can fix those up and keep your posts neat I'll approve your character.
Tell me about the mistakes. I'm not an english speaker so sometimes grammar mistakes just fly past me.

Tell me about the mistakes. I'm not an english speaker so sometimes grammar mistakes just fly past me.
Oh I'm sorry, it's just some small things that are easy to miss. Things like using "want" instead of "wants" in the first line of the personality section.

770133248_1410354.gif

"I'd rather die living than living not to die"

Name: Kazz Lazzari
Age at Death: 23
Reason for Death: Motorcycle Explosion
Religion: Catholic

First Impression of Death Inc.: "Horrible service, understaffed, and poor management. Two stars, would not recommend..."

Personality: It's always been said that he appears to always be judging someone. This is partially true; he had to learn to read many people as he devled into hobbies containing more risk and deceit. Despite his calm demeanor, there is a competitive, and almost reckless spirit residing in his...well spirit now. Kazz also has a bad habit of being tactless; often saying things with a straightforward, deadpanned approach before realizing it probably wasn't the most politically correct thing to say. Furthermore, he isn't so much a loner as he is someone who simply doesn't care if he has friends or not. Kazz had gained and lost many friends during his life, but the only consistent thing in the world was his own desires. If people align with that, all the power to them. Should they not, they should stay the hell out the way. Deep down, he wonders if he was seeking death this entire time.

Biography: Kazz had a relatively normal life, middle class, both of his parents, and he made good grades. Everything was normal...completely normal and boring. Living up to someone else's expectations was a drag, but he understood the essence and importance of normalcy. Seeking an escape from this bland prison of mundane cloud passing, Kazz began to seek thrills developing almost an alternate persona. By day, he was the loving son, the good student, dedicated to helping others. He was just another forgettable face in the crowd. By night he was the raver, gambler, and racer. It started out with simple thrills, such as walking out of the store with unpaid candy, sneaking into amusement parks with friends, walking the streets at night etc; however, it was never enough.

Like most thrill seekers, he came across gambling. Nothing came close to the thrill of gaining the world, or losing everything in one moment. Sports betting, playing cards, and dice...these would be his outlets to pacify is satiation for the past time. Yet, even these began to fade off into a shade of gray until he found his soulmate...street racing. The thrill of the race itself, coupled with the betting aspects of the illegal sport, was a matchmade in heaven...or maybe hell in this case. Furthermore, he was really good at it. Despite his talent, his naivety would cost him as he won a race rigged against him. Lets just say, some powerful people were really unhappy about it. The next day, when he turned on his ignition he and his motorcycle were engulfed in an explosion...sending him here.

Uniform:

3a82ff22bd4a8851c375c18c0669a3ca.jpg

Reaper's Tool
:

A Katana that transforms into a Motorcycle.

d54qtdb-584b3f49-2f8d-4029-b322-35e5e545e99c.jpg

Extra: He is extremely interested in horoscopes, tarotcards, lucky symbols and superstitions. Also...he hates cats.

Attachments

• 1583038185969.png
    1583038185969.png
    357.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1583073572212.png
    1583073572212.png
    278.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
1c9acb9ea86f5aa8a2669f7d9b072992.jpg

Name: Shin Nezokawa
Age at Death: 32
Reason for Death: Accute blood loss
Religion(If Applicable): None

First Impression of Death Inc.: Out of the chains of one organization, and into the shackles of another. Shin feels trapped, as if his actions in his past life meant nothing, and he is doomed to forever be a slave to the whims of the universe.
Personality: Shin is a rebel at heart, and has always been against the world. He tolerates no slights, and bows to no one. His thuggish exterior hides something more, however. He's a natural philosopher, and often ponders why he's even fighting when it seems he'll never find true freedom.
Bio: Shin never knew his parents, but from what he could gather, his father was a US Marine, and his mother was his mistress. Shin grew up in an orphanage, scraping by on the streets of Okinawa. He did whatever was necessary to feed himself, and the strict headmaster led to the boy developing quite the rebellious streak. As he grew, he went from petty theft to full on violence and gang crime. It was after he saved a man in a nice suit from some street thugs at the age of just eighteen that Shin was introduced to the world of the yakuza. For his service, Shin was brought into the family, and despite his tendency for insubordination, he was well trusted by his comrades. One of the many rules of the yakuza was no "indecent acts," aka sleeping with anyone outside of marriage. Of course, this rule was rarely policed unless someone important was involved, and it turned out Shin happened to break this rule. He fell in love with Ai Nekozawa, his boss's daughter, and secretly they fathered a son, Kenji. As his status grew, so did the jealousy of Shin's rivals. In a single night, a violent coup was led against the Nekozawa clan, resulting in the death of it's patriarch, and of Ai. Shin was framed for this massacre, and was forced to leave his son in the care of the same orphanage that raised him. Knowing that Kenji would only be safe if all of his enemies were dead, Shin systematically wiped out everyone involved in the coup, all in the matter of just a week. It all ended when he stormed the family's office, and left a trail of blood and bodies behind him, until he decapitated the traitor with the family's ancestral katana. Turns out Shin was a big beaten up as well, and after limping his way out of the building, he collapsed and died of blood loss. He awoke to not find heaven or hell, but...an office. He was back in the business, and not very happy about the arrangement.
Uniform:
673c75120795e3df73c51d68be16dcb4.jpg
Reaper's Tool:
ec29b9f360ff639412173d877b1441ff.jpg
Extra:
Theme:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back