Humor Death And Taxes

Ker'ion

Primordial of Abstract Logic
Funny moments in roleplaying:

One of my players in my Exalted campaign found an ancient military depot, got in, and, after fighting off the hazards inside, looted the whole place.

He showed up at the docks with his haul and found that a Realm-aligned Gold Sidereal* had sent a tax collector to meet his character. His bill was almost 80,000 Obols (platinum)

*Sidereals watch over and can manipulate the Loom of Fate. This particular Sidereal has taken the position of trying to help revive the world-spanning Celestial Exalted controlled realm.

My players for a Crucible game were a band of monster slayers in a little frontier settlement. One of them was a regular guy who'd been turned down by the Inquisition but tried to do the job anyway. Another was a Heartwright - a Magus who could sway emotions and minds - who set about making the first guy, Garrett, into a hero. The reason being if everyone is watching the heroic guy they don't notice the wizard following him around posing as an aide.

By the end of the two-year campaign Garrett had gotten married, been knighted, was given an estate, made friends with high society, and legally given the surname Ogresbane.

Another time, the same group of players accidentally used an invocation they didn't understand to try and cure some poisoned soldiers, but instead summoned a Duke of Hell into the church cellar. He's still down there.

Of course, at the time only I found it funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back