Other Deadliest Animal Encounters?

BIue

One Trick Wonder
So yes, I keep making animal discussion threads. I suppose it depends on where abouts in the world you are from as to how many dangerous animals you may have crossed paths with. Having lived in Australia I've had a fair few brushes with some animals people would rather steer clear of.

I've come up close with a a couple of Great White sharks when cage diving and held a wild Eastern Brown whilst trekking with a friend who was a snake catcher.

So, what about you guys? Have you got any dangerous animals where you live, and if so have you had any encounters with them? Do tell!

There are quite a few bears where I live, but I've yet to shake hands with one. There was a tiger who escaped from a local zoo at some point but I missed that as well, fortunately. Closest I've been to "deadliest" was with some stray dogs some time ago. Also, I stepped on a non-venomous snake when I was a kid. Nothing major, I'd say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aldur said:
There are quite a few bears where I live, but I've yet to shake hands with one. There was a tiger who escaped from a local zoo at some point but I missed that as well, fortunately. Closest I've been to "deadliest" was with some stray dogs some time ago. Also, I stepped on a non-venomous snake when I was a kid. Nothing major, I'd say.
Oh wow, I really wouldn't want to cross paths with a bear o___o Scary stuff!

Does it count if it was all a prank? Since here in Canada we have cottages where people spend their summers up north in the woods. I was invited to my best friend's (My family doesn't have one) when I was 12 and we went walking to the woods and we were pretty deep in there when she said she saw a wolf and I have always been very afraid of them so I did what anyone in my situation would do and I ran away. I spent the next three days not leaving the cottage and cried for around an hour after it happened.

Caru said:
Does it count if it was all a prank? Since here in Canada we have cottages where people spend their summers up north in the woods. I was invited to my best friend's (My family doesn't have one) when I was 12 and we went walking to the woods and we were pretty deep in there when she said she saw a wolf and I have always been very afraid of them so I did what anyone in my situation would do and I ran away. I spent the next three days not leaving the cottage and cried for around an hour after it happened.
Aw no D:

Super lucky to have wolves where you are, though! I used to feed some at a sanctuary near where I live :)

Do bugs count as animals? Cause I just woke up with a bug as big as a small toe under my pillow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back