• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Dead Winter

That... wasn't what I was expecting.

Y'know what, I'll let @TheCountryWarrior pick first, this time, so they can actually friggin' do something rather than just go along with me and be helpful.

You have 24 hours. Good luck.

Well thank ya friend! So it's the good old over the (communication device) hostage situation. Great... I think ultimately we should find Nickolai and the other one. Though this would leave Sammy at the mercy of this stranger. (I imagine a German accent). But I pick 2. 

untitled_08_by_tredowski-d8fqbhr.jpg

[SIZE= 18px]- Town, Westfall Valley -[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]" 39 Days till Spring, 1:12 p.m., Thursday "[/SIZE]

"[SIZE= 18px]I[/SIZE] know, it's just . . ." James gripped his wool cap in frustration and kicked a mound of snow.

"Yeah, she's important to you . . . but let's be realistic, we can't take on twenty eight armed men all by ourselves." said Mion seriously. "I don't know who they were, but they've got skills, James. We don't . . . we're just scientists."

James sighed, looking up at the falling snow and he seemed to be gathering himself up. "Alright, let's look for Nicolai and Saiyuri." he agreed finally and took out his map.

"We don't know what time they got away, but I think the town in Westfall Valley sixty miles from the safe house is the likeliest place they'd escape to." he pointed to a spot in the map. " It's ten hours away, but Saiyuri and Nicolai don't have that kind of stamina, plus they'd have men on their tail, so . . . probably two or three days to get there?""

"That sounds about right." said Mion. "I hope they've got some of the serum with them."

"The container I was brining fell from the train near the place where we jumped off. Let's scout the place from afar. There might be some vials intact."

Mion agreed and so off the two went to the train tracks. Unfortunately there weren't any vials intact and the serum container was gone. Disappointed, the two finally turned west for the abandoned town of Westfall.

It took them six hours. As they hiked up and down along the mountain peaks, they stopped every now and then to melt snow with a candle and the lighter and drink the water from a makeshift cup from Mion's ammunition kit. The snow fall became heavier and heavier and the younger Cunning was getting sleepier and sleepier, until finally Mion asked they take a break so that he could rest for a bit.

"Just a few miles more. I can see the town already." said James encouragingly as his brother leaned on a tree and closed his eyes for a bit . James parted away the low hanging branches of a frosted tree and beheld the town of Westfall from their vantage point on the hilly foot of one of the Halden mountains.

It was a big fishing and mining town, with one big university in the south end and a couple of farms to the west, but in this heavy snowfall is was hard to see pass the eastern border. Every now and then the tiny silhouette of a ghoul would amble past. Even from here James could tell there was a lot of them in there.

"James, I think I need to sleep." said Mion, tiredly. "Just for two hours. I can't go in there like this."

"Alright." nodded James. "I'm going to scout a bit, look for a hideout. If this weather gets worse today, it's going to be dark out soon and we can't be out here in the open when the ghouls come out to hunt.

Mion gave James a hard look as though he had his doubts his lanky older brother who spends most of his time indoors could actually scout, but they had no choice. "Okay. Just be careful, alright? Take the radio, knife, and some of my ammunition."

When James was ready, he stealthily made his way to the town by circling the edge of the surrounding forest, Mion sleepily watching him go until he disappeared from sight.

It took James a good part of two hours to scout out the south eastern part of town. He saw many things, but eventually he narrowed down their choices for their hideout to three places: A Villa in the mountains near the university, a house by the docks, or an apartment in the town center.

[SIZE= 18px]W[/SIZE]hich place should be their hideout?

[1] - Villa. Easily defendable, but food is scarce. If ever the brothers' hideout is found, bad guys can just surround the place and wait until the people inside surrender from starvation.

[2] - Docks. Can fish for food, but very difficult to defend. Bad guys come here often to fish and fight for turf. If ever the brothers hideout here is found out, bad guys can easily take it in one sweep.

[3] - Apartments. Located in the town center, it has a lot of untouched scavenging places, but also has the most concentration of ghouls. Anything can happen here. Anything.

[4] - Move from place to place for now. It's got the smallest chance of getting found out, but they won't be able to build structures such as a work room to be able to build and modify vehicles. Can't even have a stove or an indoor garden. They'd have to hunt and scavenge for food and supplies most of the time.

[SIZE= 14px]Out of Character Chat[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]- James Cunning's Status -[/SIZE]

Health: Hungry || Stamina: Very Tired || Body Heat: Chilled

Food: 0 || Reputation: "The hope of some, the receiving end of hatred for most."

[SIZE= 14px]- Gear -[/SIZE]

Main hand: x7 shots, Suppressed pistol || Off-hand: none

Head: Wool cap || Chest: Winter jacket || Arms: Thick gloves || Legs: Hiking boots

Charm: None

[SIZE= 14px]- Backpack -[/SIZE]

James' Current Backpack: A flimsy black trash bag

1. Map and compass
  2. x16 uses, Lighter
  3. Rusty knife
  4. x3 uses, First aid kit
  5. 69% batt., Hand-held radio

Mion's Current Backpack: Mountaineering Bag

1. x3 shots, Suppressed pistol (equipped)
  2. 100% batt., Headlamp (equipped)
  3. Winter Clothes (equipped)
  4. x10 uses, Duct tape
  5. Map
  6. Rope (25 ft.)
  7. Tent
  8.  x3 Candles
  9. x16 Cigarettes
  10. x10 uses, lighter
  11. Biohazard suit
  12. Ammunition kit
  13. x7 shots, old pistol
  14. Scalpel
  15. 100%, Extra batteries (rechargeable)
  16. Solar charger - takes 8 hours to charge a pair of batteries.

[SIZE= 14px]- Tricks and Skills -[/SIZE]

Good:

1. Metal Thumb
    - No, he does not have a metal thumb. He's good at tinkering with machines, repairing, and crafting equipment.
  2. Passionate Virologist
    -
    James's work on the cure is the most important thing to him in the world. And he will endure hardship and move mountains to achieve it.
  3. Smooth Talker
    -
    Charming demeanor and a silver tongue. Bluffing, acting, diplomacy, and interrogation is this man's strong point.

Bad:

1. Canine Allergy
    - Dogs and wolves make him sneeze uncontrollably. Not good when you're trying to sneak pass them.
  2. Honorable
    - In a harsh 'dog eat dog' world like this, James' kindness is likely to kill him.
  3. Limp Noodle
    - No muscle, runs out of breath easily, can't even win a brawl. Low physical pain tolerance. Cries out easily when hurt, will cave in easily to physical torture. Exception is when he has to protect his work.

[SIZE= 14px]- Relationships -[/SIZE]

_star_trek__khan_by_teralilac-d6818ot.jpg

1. Dr. Mion Cunning
    - James adoptive brother who is two years younger than him. Average at fighting; good at capturing ghouls; not intelligent enough to help in developing the cure itself.

Kinship: Mion trusts James and will loyally protect him and his interests. "My brother risked his life and jumped into a fight to help me even if he's not strong."

[SIZE= 14px]- Vehicle -[/SIZE]

None

[SIZE= 14px]- Hideout -[/SIZE]

None

[SIZE= 18px]- Crafting and Construction -[/SIZE]

Spoiler

Crafting Recipes:

1. None

Construction Plans:

1. None

AARRGH! That decision is too damn difficult. 

Fuck it, let's go to the Apartments. I don't want to, but I don't like the idea of that Villa for some reason, and being where bad guys go often to fish and fight for turf is distinctly NOT where James and Mion need to be right now. So fuck it, let's clean out ghouls or some shit. Mion's good at trapping them. Time to see what all the fuss is about and experience a Ghoul first-hand. If these fucks run, I'm gonna fucking cry. Running zombies are scary as shit, yo.

tumblr_n8jl07pXjP1qju7tlo8_1280.jpg

[SIZE= 18px]- Town Center, Westfall -[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]" 39 Days till Spring, 3:40 p.m., Thursday "[/SIZE]

"[SIZE= 18px]Y[/SIZE]ou sure t-there's no better place than this?" said Mion uncertainly for the umpteenth time, his teeth chattering in the cold. He peered from behind a snow caked car at a horde of about fifty ghouls shambling sluggishly in the main street under heavy snowfall, some of them lying buried in the snow as if they were truly inanimate.

"No." said James simply, watching their back, wary. "I told you all the other places were just as bad or worse. There are other survivor's in this town: desperate, hardened people by the looks of them. I saw a group of them fighting over food in the docks, and I just had a bad feeling about the villa."

"You just had a bad feeling? . . ."

"That and it was isolated and picked clean. There was no food there and I heard wolves howling in the distance. I don't want to compete with wolves for food."

The weather was slowly turning into a blizzard, it was starting to get hard to see further than thirty feet away, and the howling wind was all they heard --- they couldn't even hear the groaning of the ghouls limping just twelve feet away from them.

"There's our opening, let's go." said Mion and led the way through the horde to an apartment building across a gas station that he and his brother agreed seemed safest in this ghoul infested area.

The ghouls were scattered in the street which was located in the town center; they timed their movements whenever the ghouls parted providing an opportunity for the brothers to sneak through and they carefully enter the building after peering through a shattered window and seeing that the coast was clear.

They found themselves in a dusty kitchen. Sniffing the stale air, the building smelled strongly of rotten meat and shuffling could be heard near and above them.

Mion pressed his finger to his lips and in the dim light, listened for a good five minutes, then gestured with hand signals: 'Six undead ghouls, second floor. Two undead ghoul left. One living ghoul right. First, we attack right ghoul together. I'll take point."

Being an expert in ghoul trapping, Mion could tell by the sound of the breathing and walking of a ghoul what type it was, and how many they were behind a wall. He could also roughly estimate how far they were. There were generally three types: The undead, the living, and the mutated. The undead are witless, but the living have the intelligence of dogs. The mutated are unpredictable and hence the most dangerous.

James nodded that he understood and flipped the safety down his suppressed pistol. Mion had his gun out too and very slowly pushed the kitchen door open which creaked ominously on rusty hinges. The shuffling to the right stopped. Mion stuck his head out to check if the coast was clear.

It was darker deeper inside the apartment where the dim light from the windows didn't reach. 'Darn it.' he thought. He had wanted to clear out the building without having to turn his headlight on, but it was too dark. He switched it on.

Click

And found himself face to face with the twisted livid face of a living ghoul. It shrieked at him, screaming so loud the ghouls above must have heard it.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

8604115_orig.jpg

[1] - Fight safely. Use all bullets if we have to and kill all the ghouls quickly before their racket attracts the horde outside.

[2] - Fight conserving ammo. The blizzard is loud, worse comes to worse only a few ghouls from the horde will be attracted inside and even then we can take them . . . maybe.

[3] - Shut this ghoul up and get out of here. We'll just have to find another apartment. 'Might not be as good as this one, but this is the safest way. (cannot come back to this apartment.) 

[4] - . . . (Reader's write in choice)

Health: Hungry || Stamina: Exhausted || Body Heat: Chilled

Food: 0 || Reputation: "The hope of some, the receiving end of hatred for most."

Head: Wool cap || Chest: Winter jacket || Arms: Thick gloves || Legs: Hiking boots

1. Map and compass
  2. Lighter, x16 uses 
  3. Rusty knife
  4. First aid kit, x3 uses
  5. Hand-held radio, 69% batt.

1. Suppressed pistol, x7 shots (equipped)
  2. Headlamp, 100% batt. (equipped)
  4. Duct tape, x10 uses
  5. Map
  6. Rope (25 ft.)
  7. Tent
  8.  Candles, x3
  9. Cigarettes, x16
  10. Lighter, x10 uses
  11. Biohazard suit
  12. Ammunition kit
  13. Old pistol, x3 shots
  14. Scalpel
  15. Extra batteries, 100% (rechargeable)
  16. Solar charger || Takes 8 hours to charge a pair of batteries.

Good:

1. Metal Thumb
    - No, he does not have a metal thumb. He's good at tinkering with machines, repairing, and crafting equipment.
  2. Passionate Virologist
    -
    James's work on the cure is the most important thing to him in the world. And he will endure hardship and move mountains to achieve it.
  3. Smooth Talker
    -
    Charming demeanor and a silver tongue. Bluffing, acting, diplomacy, and interrogation is this man's strong point.

Bad:

1. Canine Allergy
    - Dogs and wolves make him sneeze uncontrollably. Not good when you're trying to sneak pass them.
  2. Honorable
    - In a harsh 'dog eat dog' world like this, James' kindness is likely to kill him.
  3. Limp Noodle
    - No muscle, runs out of breath easily, can't even win a brawl. Low physical pain tolerance. Cries out easily when hurt, will cave in easily to physical torture. Exception is when he has to protect his work.

1. Dr. Mion Cunning
    - James adoptive brother who is two years younger than him. Average at fighting; good at capturing ghouls; not intelligent enough to help in developing the cure itself.

Kinship: Mion trusts James and will loyally protect him and his interests. "My brother risked his life and jumped into a fight to help me even if he's not strong."

None

tumblr_n8jl07pXjP1qju7tlo8_1280.jpg

[SIZE= 18px]- Apartments, Westfall Town Center -[/SIZE]

Spoiler

Crafting Recipes:

1. None

Construction Plans:

1. None

Last edited by a moderator:
2. Chance it. We need to keep the guns available. Knife and scalpel will be useful. Moreso the knife, since the scalpel is, well, a scalpel.

I feel a little bad about always being the one to decide what we do since @TheCountryWarrior usually comes second and just has to agree with me since nobody else is here, for some damn reason. Make it up by waiting for Country to vote and just supporting him/her sometimes?

Don't worry about it! I don't mind. Besides your ideas are more "well written" than mine since I'm usually like 

Option 2. 

I'm low maintenance!

[SIZE= 18px]- Apartment, Westfall Town Center -[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]" 39 Days till Spring, 4:00 p.m., Thursday "[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 18px]M[/SIZE]ion shot the ghoul in the face just as it lunged at him. The suppressed shot went through the head in a spray of fine red mist; it stumbled and fell beside him just as he withdrew. Running footsteps thundered down the stairs as the six ghouls came snarling and tripping down attracted by the shriek.

"Get back!" yelled James pulling the kitchen door shut after his brother.

"James, don't yell or make noises when you panic!" hissed Mion as the ghouls rammed the kitchen door in a loud boom. He pushed against the door as the ghouls began banging on the door viscously snarling and growling like rabid men. He fumbled with the door knob, the lock wasn't working. "The lock's broken!

"It's alright, Mion, the door opens outwards and I don't think they're smart enough to twist the doorknob then pull it." said James.

BASH

The wood creaked and cracked. A rotten hand clawed through a gap in the door. It seems the door wasn't sturdy and the ghouls were slowly and noisily destroying it. The two brothers each took one side of the kitchen table and barricaded the door with it.

"I found a long knife. I'm going to make a long handle." said James and began to bind together a wooden ladle and the knife with duct tape. It was dangerous to use short ranged weapons against ghouls because there's a chance of getting bit especially when attempting to stab them in the eye from the front with their hands clawing and pulling.

"We've got three more coming from the street." said Mion, peering out the shattered window. Their racket had attracted three ghouls from the snow swept street. They were limping towards the shattered window where he and Mion had clambered through. "I'll take care of this. " he added, wearing the headgear of James' biohazard suit.

With his rusty knife, Mion stabbed down the skull of the first ghoul placed that attempted to clamber through the window --- snap! ---- the blade broke, lodged in the skull; one ghoul down, seven more to go.

Meanwhile, the ghouls had now broke a sizeable hole through the door and were scratching and pulling their way through. James covered his face with some of Mion's spare clothes as much as he could, stepped up the table and thrust the long knife through the eye of the nearest ghoul; it didn't die. James stabbed again and again, blood splattering his glasses and clothes.

It was slow work, he didn't have enough strength to kill one ghoul in one blow. Behind him Mion was using the torn leg of a wooden chair as a club and was bashing away at the last two. After three minutes, Mion kicked the bodies of the last two ghouls off the window and went to help his older brother who was panting, tired.

Finally after five minutes, the last ghoul fell. For safety they "double-tapped", the bodies. A term which here means: crushed their heads so badly they couldn't possibly rise up again. Some ghouls are like that. You shoot them, then turn away. When you look back the body is suddenly gone.

"You got to start doing push ups and jump rope. . ." said Mion tiredly.

James leaned against the wall looking exhausted. "I know." he said wearily.

They dragged the smelly bodies out of the apartment and dumped them at the back after checking there was no ghoul nearby. The blizzard was falling heavily, they can expect three feet of snow tomorrow morning.

They picked a room to stay in and scavenged the building for food. There were locked cabinets and lockers that they couldn't open without tools, but they found one expired can of beans in one of the hallways. It wasn't enough for them,, but it was better than nothing.

[ Ghouls killed in this Episode: 12 ]

[1] - Use the remaining daylight hours to cook the food, eat, and just stay in the apartment crafting, barricading, or constructing as much as they can without making a lot of noise before sleeping early.

[2] - Use the remaining daylight hours to cook the food, eat, and then use the blizzard to their advantage and whittle down the horde shambling right outside as much as they can.

[3] - Use the remaining daylight hours to cook the food, eat, and then use the blizzard to their advantage and mark the east side of the town with symbols Nicolai and Saiyuri would understand, but no one else would. The symbols would give them directions to the hide out.

[4] - Use the remaining daylight hours to cook the food, eat, and then explore the surrounding area.

[5] - . . . (Reader's write in choice)

Health: Hungry || Stamina: Exhausted, might get sick || Body Heat: Slightly chilled

1. Map and compass
  2. Lighter, x16 uses 
  3. Knife w/ extended handle

1. Suppressed pistol, x6 shots (equipped)
  2. Headlamp, 99% batt. (equipped)
  4. Duct tape, x9 uses
  5. Map
  6. Rope (25 ft.)
  7. Tent
  8.  Candles, x3
  9. Cigarettes, x16
  10. Lighter, x10 uses
  11. Biohazard suit
  12. Ammunition kit
  13. Old pistol, x3 shots
  14. Scalpel

Good:

1. Metal Thumb
  2. Passionate Virologist
    -
  3. Smooth Talker
    -

Bad:

1. Canine Allergy
  2. Honorable
  3. Limp Noodle

1. Dr. Mion Cunning

None

Spoiler

Crafting Recipes:

1. None

Construction Plans:

1. None

1. We have to sleep at some point, and I'd rather do it in a safe cubbyhole. I wish we could just go straight to 2, but safety comes first. I think the way they were listed as options is honestly a good priority order. We've got two to three days for Dynamic Duo Deux to get here, right? So 3 isn't a priority. And 4 is just... nah. We're going to need to eventually, but not now.

The_Last_of_Us_Concept_Art_JS_n17.jpg

[SIZE= 14px]" 38 Days till Spring, 4:04 a.m., Friday "[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 18px]L[/SIZE]ater that day, the blizzard rattled the boarded up windows of Room 34, some of the wood blowing off and clattering loudly on the floor where Mion was sleeping on a dusty, moth-eaten bed.

He didn't even wake up, the man was very tired for not having slept since yesterday and just continued to snore softly.

James stood up from where he was seated in the corner. Leaving aside the two spears he had just finished carving, he quietly lodged the wood back across the window, securing it by stuffing cloth and yellowing books in the gaps. The barricade he and Mion put up in this room and in a few key locations in the apartment earlier weren't stable enough, as they opted not to nail them by hammering loudly with a rock, and the howling wind from the blizzard was whipping them loose every now and then.

James then pressed his ear against the barricaded door, listening. He was feeling very anxious, being in a place where there were so many ghouls and a horde lay just outside their doorstep. He kept thinking that perhaps one or three of them might come in the building, but it was no use, the blizzard was too loud. He sighed, sat back down and just busied himself with making more things to calm himself down before it was his turn to sleep.

The apartment they chose for their hideout was a dingy, moldy, and leaky place with three floors that had four big rooms each. Each room could fit a family of three and had its own tiny bathroom, small kitchen that was also the living and dining room, and two bedrooms. James and Mion were staying in the master bedroom of Room 34, which seemed to have belonged to a couple who loved photography.

There were pictures here of the previous family: a cheerful looking man and woman in their late forties, both with professional cameras hanging around their necks, and their grinning child, a girl of around seven. James wondered what happened to them . . . this apartment had been ransacked before, and there was blood and even some human bones in one area.

Like yesterday they chose not to light a fire tonight. Earlier, they briefly lit a small fire for less than twenty minutes just enough to heat up the can of soup, then immediately put it out as the smell of smoke and cooking food could still attract ghouls. At least the wind was strong enough to blow the smell away. They divided the soup between themselves and swallowed their own share in just one gulp. It had tasted nasty, and they were still hungry.

When it was finally too dark to craft anymore, James sat on the other side of the bed with the spear in hand and the suppressed pistol on the bedside table, feeling very awake. The hair-raising howling and snarling of ghouls waking up to the night had begun and clashed with the roar of the blizzard, making the night more menacing.

James shook, not from the cold, but from fear. The ghouls were so many . . . and so close . . . sudden thuds and crunchy flops startled him as the monsters leapt on the roof and climbed across their barricades, sniffing, clawing. Suddenly Mion's soft snoring stopped. James felt him stiffen, curse quietly, and then pull a ragged pillow over his ears. He was trembling too, but much worse than James.

James didn't understand why his younger brother was so afraid when he had more experience being in situations like these. One would think he would already be numb to this. "Mion?" he whispered awkwardly, unsure if he should give his shoulder a very light pat. He decided not to touch him. "Hey, it's going to be fine. Our ghoul tomorrow will be to make this place more quiet."

" . . . "

"You know what ghouls eat in Tokyo? . . . Rawmen."

"Shut up, James." said Mion, but he didn't sound angry.

"But it's my coping mechanism. Two fishes are in a tank. One says to the other, 'Uhm . . . how do you drive this thing?'"

" . . ."

" . . ."

" . . ."

" I said ---"

" --- I know what you said."

[SIZE= 18px]T[/SIZE]he next day . . .

[1] - Focus on basic survival (Food, water, electricity, gas, ammunition, medicine) and defense. (Brothers may separate)

[2] - Focus on whittling down the horde outside and defense (Needs both brothers in the apartment area)

[3] - Focus on exploration and marking the town so that Saiyuri and Nicolai would know they were still alive and where to find them, with some effort on basic survival. (Needs both brothers out of the apartment area to complete marking)

2976dc02a184a000582be14be402a5fa.jpg

[SIZE= 18px]- Westfall Town Border -[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]" 38 Days till Spring, Morning, Friday "[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 18px]M[/SIZE]eanwhile, on the morning of the next day, somewhere beyond the town border under the dark shadow of the frosted trees, a group of cloaked, masked men armed to the teeth were prowling the area where a vague set of boot prints trailed down the mountain side all the way to the town of Westfall.

"Sniff 'em out, that's it . . . good girl." said the rough voice of a boorish looking man who patted a husky's side.

"You sure they went this way then?" asked another man who spat in the snow.

"Sure as day." replied the boorish looking man. He turned to a second person who was gazing down the town through the scope of an old sniper rifle. "What do you see?"

"No sign of them, but there are survivors in the docks . . ." said the sniper. "They're waiting in ambush. Me thinks there's some feud going on in that town."

"Don't matter. If they get in our way, we'll kill them too, let's go."

Health: Hungry || Stamina: Well Rested || Body Heat: Warm

Food: 0 || Reputation: "Stranger. New guy in town."

1. Map and compass
  2. Lighter, x16 uses 

2. Headlamp, 99% batt. (equipped)
  4. Duct tape, x9 uses
  5. Map
  6. Rope (25 ft.)
  7. Tent
  8.  Candles, x3
  9. Cigarettes, x16
  10. Lighter, x10 uses
  11. Biohazard suit
  12. Ammunition kit
  13. Old pistol, x3 shots
  14. Scalpel

Hideout stash:

1. Wooden spears, x2 || One end is for piercing thrusts, the other is for hooking or pinning something in place without it sliding down the shaft.
  2. Junk || Crafting materials
  3. Flammable junk || Includes wood
  4. Heap of cloth
  5. Dirty cooking set
  6. Sling || uses rocks as ammunition

Good:

1. Metal Thumb
  2. Passionate Virologist
    -
  3. Smooth Talker
    -

Bad:

1. Canine Allergy
  2. Honorable
  3. Limp Noodle

1. Dr. Mion Cunning
    - James adoptive brother who is two years younger than him. Average at fighting; good at capturing and sensing ghouls; not intelligent enough to help in developing the cure itself.

None

[SIZE= 14px]" So many ghouls . . ."[/SIZE]

No. of survivors: 2
No. of helpless survivors: 0

Food and Medicine:

• What food?
  • "We need more medicine, our supply is really low and this is a very dangerous area."

Defense:

• "Laughable. Even a weak ghoul can wander in."
  • Hastily built flimsy barricades. Not all of the important areas have been boarded up.

Comfort:

• "I'm not going to complain. We've seen worse, but it does smell like a house of dead bodies, there are holes too that let in the cold wind and the ceiling is leaking in some areas. We might get sick from the rotting waste left in here. There are rats too --- not sure if the rats are infected. Probably not, but if ever they do get infected, they can easily come in and bite us."
  • Good enough for now. There are more important things to worry about.
  • "I wish we could light a fire, or have some lights at night, but it's too dangerous."

Tactics, Training, and Gear:

• We need more pistol ammunition.
  • We're like cave men with spears and knives. We definitely won't be able to stand against a horde or a raid.
  • "Mion and James' prowess as a combat unit? Um . . . They definitely need to be together to survive and not try to get into a fight with anyone, or else one of them is likely to pay dearly for it, or worse, die."

Fuel and Electricity:

• What fuel and electricity?

Spoiler

Crafting Recipes:

1. Wooden Stove (0% complete) = needs a barrel-like something and welding tool.
  2. Tool kit (10% complete)
  3. Small animal traps (7% complete)
  4. Bow (1% complete)

Construction Plans:

1. Repair and clean building (5%)
  2. Work Room (0%)
  3. Garage (0%)
  4. Working bathroom (0%)
  5. Well Equipped Kitchen (0%)
  6. Doctor's Room (0%)
  7. Work out Room (0%)
  8. Stable (0%)
  9. Roof Garden (0%)
  10. Laboratory (0%)
  11. Secret escape route (0%)
  12. Distillery (0%) || creates clean fresh water
  13. Ethanol distiller (0%) || can create ethanol from biological materials. Ethanol can be a substitute for fuel.
  14. Electric Generator Room (0%) || powered by fuel.
  15. Fence (0%)
  16. Working Vehicle (0%)
  17. C02 chamber (0%) || allows the collection of carbon dioxide from rotting bodies. The C02 can be stored in cartridges that can power make-shift fire arms the same way gas powers airsoft guns.

Well. We're being hunted by two parties. Living and not as living. I think Option 2 is a good idea. It'll be easier to gather supplies if we whittle down the amount of mindless people-eating machines. 

That shall be our ghoul for today. I love puns. 

Well. We're being hunted by two parties. Living and not as living. I think Option 2 is a good idea. It'll be easier to gather supplies if we whittle down the amount of mindless people-eating machines. 

That shall be our ghoul for today. I love puns. 

That sounds like a good idea. We'll have to get food eventually, but James and Mion can live for now. Part of me wants to refuse to get scared and scavenge and set up the markings, since defense seems like the 'obvious' idea, but I might as well continue what I said earlier, and not contradict the other voter. Make sure you're not getting eaten, then worry about other stuff.

I worry about killing the ghouls around our place and how obviously that will mark the apartments as our home base, though, as well as clearing the way for the pursuers to come for us without nearly as much ghoul resistance and the warning that the inevitable gunshots to deal with the ghouls will provide. I don't know, maybe I'm being paranoid now that it's confirmed that we have pursuers tailing us.

Also, fuck yes, puns. That was good shit.

Honestly, most of my argument comes from way too much paranoia and overthinking built up from excessive playing of Mafia. I'd be fine with just murdering the shit out of ghouls to make our place immediately a bit safer, if that's where we want to go. Splitting up the brothers is an immediate no.

I also just realised that putting the markings up isn't as time-sensitive as I'd thought, since Dynamic Duo Deux isn't going to just run through the town and buzz off. So that's another thing in favour of killing ghouls. IC, James and Mion don't know that people are RIGHT THERE on their tails, so it'd make more sense for them to kill ghouls. And the people being RIGHT THERE also adds incentive to focus on defence, which I presume means fortifications and stuff like that. Reasoning it out a little more for myself, I think I'd be a bit less half-hearted in voting for 2. I just can't shake my own paranoia, you know?

I feel ya man/woman/whatever. Option 2 is a bit more in character, but option 1 is more practical from our point of view, as outside observers. My vote is still option 2.

snow-wallpaper-disasters-winter-apocalyptic-cityscapes-artwork-images.jpg

[SIZE= 14px]" 38 Days till Spring, 7:13 a.m., Friday "[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 18px]J[/SIZE]ames eyes opened in the dark. He lay under the blankets of the moth-eaten bed for a while thinking that it was the ghouls snarling and moaning outside that woke him up again, but no, something was shuffling downstairs. He immediately sat bolt upright, feeling for the suppressed pistol on his bedside.

"Mion, something's moving downstairs. Mion? --- Oi, wake up!" he whispered urgently, shaking the man. His younger brother who was supposed to be on watch had fallen asleep beside him some time during the night

A fist suddenly bopped James in the nose as Mion got up breathing heavily as though he just had a nightmare. "James?" he said, agitated. "What's going on?"

"I heard movement downstairs." said James, rubbing his nose, annoyed. There was a click and a small wick of flame from a lighter in Mion's hand appeared in the dark. The eye bags around his eyes were darker and he was looking strained, Mion had not slept well again tonight.  

It was four in the morning, still not a safe time to go out. The blizzard had passed and the wind was no longer howling or rattling their barricades. Mion listened with his ears pressed to the dusty carpet and discerned three undead ghouls downstairs, one of which was on the second floor. They decided to wait until morning's light before going down and checking it out.

When the sun dawned, they discovered that three ghouls managed to wander inside through one of three barricades that probably got destroyed by the storm. It was this that convinced them to allot most of the day in securing their hideout and dealing with the horde outside even though their stomachs were aching for lack of food.

There were many books around the ruined apartment, and a lot of junk. They donned thick clothing and wound magazines around their limbs, securing them with duct tape and strips of cloth; James made his glasses more secure by connecting a string of rubber bands from one end to another. They made four more spears and when they were done, Mion had a slingshot, and James even had a small make-shift shield made of reinforced plastic Tupperware, the rectangular type that could hold a lot of spaghetti.

A horde of about forty-seven ghouls wasn't something two people who weren't fighters could take head on. After crafting their make-shift armor, most of the morning was spent plotting and setting up a route with traps where they could lead the horde to, and by afternoon, after shoveling away a path through the three foot layer of snow left by the blizzard, they were ready. This was there plan:

James was going to bait the horde into dividing into smaller numbers, then he was going to lead the ghouls right on his tail towards the traps where he and Mion would turn and spear them. They would repeat this process until they were too exhausted to continue.

"I don't know, James, I think I should be bait." said Mion as they observed the shambling ghouls from behind a dumpster in the street. "I'm not that sleepy." he lied.

"Yeah you are." said James. "Just get into position."

Mion left. James waited for his signal which was the glint of sunlight from a broken mirror reflected on the dumpster. Then the glint appeared. Clutching his spear and shield . . .

[1] - James strode out and threw the spear at the nearest ghoul. (Mion has four extra spears)

[2] - James strode out and threw the spear at the nearest ghoul fiercely yelling, "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!"

[3] - James went behind the nearest ghoul and bashed its head, finishing it with a thrust to the skull when it was down.

[4] - James strode out, yelling, "I don't get why you guys can eat everybody, but never poop!"

[5] - . . . (reader's write in choice)

Health: Starving || Stamina: Well Rested || Body Heat: Warm

Main hand: Wooden spear || Off-hand: Reinforced Tupperware shield

Head: Wool cap || Chest: Winter jacket + thick padding || Arms: Thick gloves + magazine bundle armor || Legs: Hiking boots + magazine bundle armor

James' Current Backpack: Make-shift bag

1. Map and compass
  2. Lighter, x16 uses 
  6.  x7 shots, Suppressed pistol
  7. Mirror shard

2. Wooden Spear, x5 (equipped)
  3. Headlamp, 99% batt. (equipped)
  4. Winter Clothes + magazine bundle armor (equipped)
  5. Knife w/extended handle (equipped)
  6. Duct tape, x9 uses
  7. Map
  8. Rope (25 ft.)
  9. Cigarettes, x16
  10. Lighter, x10 uses
  11. Old pistol, x3 shots
  12. Sling || uses rocks as ammunition
  13. Mirror shard

Hideout stash:

1. Wooden spears, x2 || One end is for piercing thrusts, the other is for hooking or pinning something in place without it sliding down the shaft.
  2. Junk || Crafting materials
  3. Flammable junk || Includes wood
  4. Heap of cloth
  5. Dirty cooking set
  6. Extra batteries, 100% (rechargeable)
  7. Solar charger || Takes 8 hours to charge a pair of batteries.
  8. Scalpel
  9. Biohazard suit
  10. Ammunition kit
  11. Tent
  12.  Candles, x3

Good:

1. Metal Thumb
  2. Passionate Virologist
    -
  3. Smooth Talker
    -

Bad:

1. Canine Allergy
  2. Honorable
  3. Limp Noodle

1. Dr. Mion Cunning
    - James adoptive brother who is two years younger than him. Average at fighting; good at capturing and sensing ghouls; not intelligent enough to help in developing the cure itself.

None

Food and Medicine:

• What food?
  • "We need more medicine, our supply is really low and this is a very dangerous area."

Defense:

• Hastily built flimsy barricades. Not all of the important areas have been boarded up.

Comfort:

• "I'm not going to complain. We've seen worse, but it does smell like a house of dead bodies, there are holes too that let in the cold wind and the ceiling is leaking in some areas. We might get sick from the rotting waste left in here. There are rats too --- not sure if the rats are infected. Probably not, but if ever they do get infected, they can easily come in and bite us."
  • "I wish we could light a fire, or have some lights at night, but it's too dangerous."

• We're like cave men with spears and knives. We definitely won't be able to stand against a horde or a raid.
  • "Mion and James' prowess as a combat unit? Um . . . They definitely need to be together to survive and not try to get into a fight with anyone, or else one of them is likely to pay dearly for it, or worse, die."

Fuel and Electricity:

Spoiler

Crafting Recipes:

4. Bow (1% complete)

Construction Plans:

2. Work Room (0%)
  3. Garage (0%)
  4. Working bathroom (0%)
  6. Doctor's Room (0%)
  7. Work out Room (0%)
  8. Stable (0%)
  9. Roof Garden (0%)
  10. Laboratory (0%)
  13. Ethanol distiller (0%) || can create ethanol from biological materials. Ethanol can be a substitute for fuel.
  15. Fence (0%)
  16. Working Vehicle (0%)
  17. C02 chamber (0%) || allows the collection of carbon dioxide from rotting bodies. The C02 can be stored in cartridges that can power make-shift fire arms the same way gas powers airsoft guns.

Oh shit I really want to go Gladiator-modo and vote 2. But James is the non-action guy, so I doubt him trying to throw a spear is going to go all that well. And 4 brings up a decent point. Where does it all go?

But ultimately, I'd like to go with 3. A sneak attack on a ghoul while he has a weapon, a shield, and armour seems like something he can pull off. Maybe after he pulls the kill off he can go full-Gladiator? Iunno.

large.jpg

[SIZE= 14px]" 38 Days till Spring, 4:30 p.m., Friday "[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 18px]J[/SIZE]ames went behind the nearest ghoul and bashed its head, finishing it with a thrust to the skull when it was down. "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!"

In his thrilling panic, he said it too loud. All the ghouls turned their menacing heads his direction. James threw the spear.

It missed.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAGRBLAAAAGR!" howled the horde and lunged at him.

James ran cursing into an alleyway, turned a corner, and then barged into the kitchen of a two-story house. There was a crash behind him as the ghouls slipped on the slippery ice and stumbled in their mad haste to eat his brains. He dashed up the stairs, already panting. There was a barricade there and he slipped through it and locked himself inside a child's bedroom where the door had a hole and on the bed was an extra spear.

"Mion, I'm in!" yelled James out an open window as he pushed a cabinet in front of the door. There was no reply. The ghouls crashed on to the door. But it held. Now came the killing part. James took a spear and thrust through the hole in the door right through the mouth of a ghoul. It didn't die. James stabbed and stabbed.

A clattering behind him made him turn quickly, but it was just Mion climbing through the window.

"I locked the door." he said, panting, looking as exhilarated with fear as James was. "There's about thirteen of them locked inside."

Mion took a spear and plunged it into the ghoul James had trouble killing and it fell out of sight under the door before two more snarling and slobbering monsters reached through the hole clawing at the air.

"Okay." said James, a little bit disappointed. They had hoped to trap about half the numbers in this house. "Where's the rest?"

"Below the window. About twenty-seven, I don't know where the other seven are."

James expression became that of a cautious one. "Were they mutants or living ghouls?"

"I don't know." said Mion. This could be trouble, if they were dealing with smart ghouls, this could be their death. But no matter, the brothers were determined to fight and live.

When the thirteen ghouls inside were dead, a couple with broken bloody sticks sticking out of their heads ---- two spears had broken in the fight --- the brothers climbed up the roof through the window and made their way to the second building by crossing a wooden plank propped between the two roofs. Both attentively looked around with their suppressed pistols out. . . they had a feeling that they were being hunted.

Now that the blizzard had died down, they could see that this part of town was just teeming with ghouls in every snowy street. They were sluggish and out of it since it was day time, but come night this place would be a death zone. There was definitely no going out at night in their area.

In the next building, they repeated the same thing with the twenty seven ghouls downstairs, and one tiring, scary, bloody hour later, James crushed the fragile head of the last ghoul his younger brother was pinning down with a final stomp from his boot.

Squish, squish

The roof was slick and slimy with entrails and coagulated blood. Earlier, four ghouls had broken through the door and the brothers were forced to retreat to the roof; James spear broke as a ghoul pounced on him and for one terrifying moment he grappled with its ugly head of before Mion pulled it off him, pinned it with the last spear, and James crushed its skull with his boot.

The stench of the undead didn't smell as bad as before. James must have gotten used to it already. The two brothers were splattered from head to toe with blood except for their covered face and eyes. When they went back down, a pile of dead bodies greeted them. Victory . . .

Tired, they went back to their hideout, still keeping a vigilant guard. They had killed forty-two ghouls in the last two hours. There was still the five missing ones. If they were lucky, they had ran away. But James could have sworn he saw a pair of evil eyes watching him from a shadowed window in another building.

They were exhausted and starving, but after a quick rest they set to work on fortifying the building.

They destroyed the stairs that led to the second floor. The only ways in was across a wooden plank onto the roof or second floor that they could pull away and hide somewhere nearby at night. Or through a ladder they can drop from the second floor inside the house, or the real drop-down ladder from the fire exit behind the apartment.

They boarded up the windows properly. The loud hammering still attracted ghouls nearby, but the brothers killed them and managed to finish boarding up the windows and doors on the first floor, put up a barricade on the stairs leading to the third floor, and board up the windows in Room 34.

James was getting all stingy from hunger. Mion, who was more used to this bore it better, but he ended up sleeping early again at around three in the afternoon.

There was someone on a building across the street watching them. James wasn't sure if it was a smart ghoul or a person, but he had his bet on the first one. But James had a gun, so he wasn't so afraid and continued working until he needed to rest again at around four thirty.

[ Ghouls killed in this Episode: 71 ]

[1] - Sneak around and check out the person in the building by himself.

[2] - Rest early. James is starting to feel sick and kind of feverish.

[3] - Continue doing as much work as he can before resting. They have a first aid kit, he can afford to get sick since they really need to finish fortifying the building.

Health: Minor abrasions, Slight fever, Starving, Irritable || Stamina: Exhausted || Body Heat: Slightly Chilled

Main hand: x7 shots, Suppressed pistol || Off-hand: Reinforced Tupperware shield

Head: Wool cap || Chest: Winter jacket + thick padding || Arms: Thick gloves + magazine bundle armor || Legs: Hiking boots + magazine bundle armor

1. Map and compass
  2. Lighter, x16 uses 
  4. First aid kit, x1 use
  6. Crude wooden club 
  7. Mirror shard

1. Wooden Spear, x1 (equipped)
    - One end is for piercing thrusts, the other is for hooking or pinning something in place without it sliding down the shaft.
  2. Suppressed pistol, x6 shots (equipped)
  6. Duct tape, x9 uses
  7. Map
  8. Rope (25 ft.)
  9. Cigarettes, x16
  10. Lighter, x10 uses
  11. Old pistol, x3 shots
  12. Sling || uses rocks as ammunition
  13. Mirror shard

Hideout stash:

1. Junk || Crafting materials
  2. Flammable junk || Includes wood
  3. Heap of cloth
  4. Dirty cooking set
  5. Extra batteries, 100% (rechargeable)
  6. Solar charger || Takes 8 hours to charge a pair of batteries.
  7. Scalpel
  8. Biohazard suit
  9. Ammunition kit
  10. Tent
  11.  Candles, x3

Good:

1. Metal Thumb
  2. Passionate Virologist
    -
  3. Smooth Talker
    -

Bad:

1. Canine Allergy
  2. Honorable
  3. Limp Noodle

1. Dr. Mion Cunning

Status: Slightly Bruised, Minor Abrasions, Starving, Sleeping, Warm

None

Food and Medicine:

• What food?

Defense:

Comfort:

Fuel and Electricity:

Spoiler

Crafting Recipes:

4. Bow (1% complete)

Construction Plans:

2. Work Room (0%)
  3. Garage (0%)
  4. Working bathroom (0%)
  6. Doctor's Room (0%)
  7. Work out Room (0%)
  8. Stable (0%)
  9. Roof Garden (0%)
  10. Laboratory (0%)
  15. Fence (0%)
  16. Working Vehicle (0%)

2. From a meta standpoint, we're going to need that medkit when those people chasing us find us. James, from a character standpoint, probably doesn't want to risk aggravating his illness, even if they have materials to kinda compensate. And he might want to save it for a 'in my time of need' sort of thing, too. What they've already done sounds like vaguely decent defenses.

Scaring the shit outta me with that picture, man. Thought James or Mion got bit or something. James' fever is unrelated to him grappling with the head of a ghoul, right, Zer0? Right? Riiiiight?

flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

02d0fa277b64bdf8fa96f4ec9b582eda.jpg

[SIZE= 14px]" 38 Days till Spring, 6:00 p.m., Friday "[/SIZE]

" [SIZE= 18px]M[/SIZE]ion, Mion wake up." said James urgently, poking his brother in the back.

"Whatizzit?" said Mion immediately grabbing his gun on the bedside table. " --- Hey, you okay? You're burning up."

"Slight fever, it's nothing." said James distractedly. "More importantly there are ghouls who've been watching us since this afternoon, and their numbers have multiplied since."

It had been an hour since James decided to rest early. The ghouls that disappeared from the horde earlier were intelligent special infected after all. James should have gone after the one he saw earlier even though it was risky, because now even though they got rid of the horde, another one came shambling in from the next street shepherded by two fat, pale, mutated ghouls that seem to be emitting clouds of yellow spores from their oddly shaped heads that were attracting the witless undead ghouls.

"Darn it . . ." groaned Mion, as the two brothers peeked at the worsening situation through the gaps of the boarded up windows. From the looks of things it seemed that there were seven special infected who were intelligently shepherding the ordinary ghouls to surround the apartment. Unfortunately none of them were within pistol range. Mion cursed. "Why didn't you tell me earlier, James? Urgh! "

This sudden outburst of temper surprised the older brother, but he did not say anything even though he was starting to feel angry for being blamed. They must not fight each other right now.

"Okay, we need to make a choke point in the living room." said Mion, looking panicky but still under control. He jumped out of bed and turned on the only headlamp they had. It was six in the evening, the sun was setting and the ghouls were waking up to the night.

"Alright." said James and began following his instructions.

It was so sudden, he didn't know what was going on until he saw that new horde come out from the street. With the little time they had they used whatever furniture they could find to barricade and create a funnel to Toom 34. They had run out of staff-like wood and so could not make any more spears. They just had one left, plus knives with extended handles, some crude wooden clubs, and their suppressed pistols.

It was their second night in their hideout, the third night Mion's only had about four hours of sleep, and the third night since they last ate anything. Lack of food was making James sick and irritable, while Mion's lack of sleep was making him short-tempered and panicky. If they survived what was coming tonight they have got to find food tomorrow.

At six the night erupted into howls and shrieks. It was the first time their defenses was going to get tested by a horde. James peered out into the gathering night, clutching his gun. He could not see. They had lit torches inside, but outside they could only make out ominous silhouettes against the snow. A ghoul came rushing forward followed by the horde.

Loud booms and bangs echoed from the first floor as it began bashing and clawing its way through their barricades. Mion, who was on the second floor with James shot a bullet straight down its head. It collapsed, only to be trodden by the horde as they took its place snarling and growling, attracted by the light inside the building.

"Save your bullets for the special infected." said Mion. "Forget the barricades in the first floor. I know we worked hard for it, but just let the ghouls destroy them. They can't come up to the second floor anyway and we need to conserve stamina. Our real problem would be the smart ones who might climb up through the unfortified windows of the second and third floor."

James just nodded. The two waited behind a barricade in the hallway outside Room 34, tense . . . There was a great creaking and rending noise and they finally heard the ghouls break through their defenses on the first floor. There was a frenzy of footsteps as they attacked the torches and went this way and that searching for prey. James peeked down the stairs and saw their slobbering faces looking here and there, but never up at the destroyed stairs. Except for one.

A ghoul with clever hungry eyes. It saw James, looked at the destroyed stairs, then shriek angrily. James shot it aiming with one eye open. He missed. It scampered away out of sight.

"What happened?" said Mion.

"I missed one." said James. "It went away, I think outside. It's the one shrieking like a dog."

There was a sound of breaking glass that came from the second floor. Immediately they saw five special infected sprinting their way up the stairs, and by the disappearing torch lights there seemed to be a few who were putting out the torches behind them.

"Fire!" yelled Mion. Two of the ghouls went down before James ran out of ammo. The brothers retreated inside Room 34 as the last three came raging after them. But they got stuck at the choke point; Mion shot the closest one point blank in the head. Immediately the two behind it retreated out of sight back into the hallway and they heard more breaking glass as the ghouls went outside.

BAM! BAM!

Two were pounding on the barricades in the kitchen and bedroom. But the time lapse was too quick for it to be the ghouls that had just left.

"James, guard the entrance." said Mion who went into the bedroom.

"Give me your old pistol, I'm out."

Mion tossed him his old gun that wasn't suppressed and James quickly reloaded. He stared into the dark third floor. All the torches except the ones in their own room had been snuffed out. Behind him the ghoul was still bashing away at the barricaded kitchen window and he just couldn't help but look back, and then look again at the open door of their room. He should close it. He should definitely close it so that he can help Mion.

James stepped over the dead ghoul and squeezed sideways into the chokepoint to get to the door. The ghoul bashing behind him gave a shriek. Suddenly a ghoul came dashing from behind the door and lunged at James with claws outstretched. He saw it like it was in slow motion.

James fired three shots, all of them were so close . . . one clipped the ear, one grazed the neck, and the last whipped through the ghoul's filthy hair . . . before it grabbed on to his arm, bit down the magazine bundle armor and slashed his face. James cursed, yelling for Mion for help as he was slowed down in their own chokepoint, with the ghoul clinging and biting on his arm as he tried to push it away or grab a hold of its neck.

"Move your head! Move your head!" yelled Mion. His younger brother fired a shot beside James ear and killed the ghoul. He pulled James out. "Are you alright, did you get bit?!"

"N-no." said James, shaken. His vision was blurry, his glasses were gone. Blood was running down his face from where the ghoul slashed him. His arm was covered in the blood spray from the ghouls head. But he could feel it, his hand was stinging . . .

Mion believed him and went after the ghoul trying to enter their kitchen. James was numb and he glanced at his hand. There was a small tear on his glove and he could see a bite mark on his exposed thumb.

"James, one of the smart ones left. I'm going after it." said Mion from behind. James immediately stood up as if nothing was wrong. Mion gave him his glasses and quickly wiped his bloody face. "Can you still fight?"

"Yeah . . . Yeah, I can." said James, putting his glasses back on and looked for some spare cloth he could wrap around his bleeding head.

[1] - Go after the last smart ghoul together even though there's a horde out, because its just going to come back tomorrow night with friends and James doesn't think Mion will be able to take another ghoul attack. Besides, James can . . . James can fight it without fear of getting bit anymore.

[2] - Let the last ghoul run away. It's too dangerous. Mion will just have to move to another place . . . this hideout was a failure.

[3] - Let the last ghoul run away. It's too dangerous. Mion will just have to rebuild the barricades tomorrow. This is a good place, he can't just give it up.

Health: [COLOR= rgb(165, 42, 42)]Infected[/COLOR], Open wound, Feverish, Starving || Stamina: Tired || Body Heat: Warm

Main hand: Suppressed pistol (empty) || Off-hand: Reinforced Tupperware shield

1. Map and compass
  2. Lighter, x16 uses 
  4. First aid kit, x1 use
  6. Crude wooden club 
  7. Mirror shard
  8. Old pistol (empty)

- One end is for piercing thrusts, the other is for hooking or pinning something in place without it sliding down the shaft.
  2. Suppressed pistol, x2 shots (equipped)
  6. Duct tape, x9 uses
  7. Map
  8. Rope (25 ft.)
  9. Cigarettes, x16
  10. Lighter, x10 uses
  11. Sling || uses rocks as ammunition
  12. Mirror shard

Hideout stash:

3. Heap of cloth
  4. Dirty cooking set
  7. Scalpel
  8. Biohazard suit
  9. Ammunition kit
  10. Tent
  11.  Candles, x3

Good:

1. Metal Thumb
  2. Passionate Virologist
    -
  3. Smooth Talker
    -

Bad:

1. Canine Allergy
  2. Honorable
  3. Limp Noodle

1. Dr. Mion Cunning

None

Food and Medicine:

• What food?

Defense:

• "No worries about a horde of mindless ghouls coming up to the second and third floor."
  • Wooden barricades. The three apartment floors need to be boarded up again.

Comfort:

Fuel and Electricity:

Spoiler

Crafting Recipes:

4. Bow (1% complete)

Construction Plans:

2. Work Room (0%)
  3. Garage (0%)
  4. Working bathroom (0%)
  6. Doctor's Room (0%)
  7. Work out Room (0%)
  8. Stable (0%)
  9. Roof Garden (0%)
  10. Laboratory (0%)
  15. Fence (0%)
  16. Working Vehicle (0%)

Well... fuck. There's not much you can say to that. 1. Gotta help Mion. What kind of name is Mion, anyway? Fuckin' weirdo name, that's what. Also, someone simply MUST make a joke at how 'cunning' James is. It's gotta happen at some point. Probably followed by James rolling his eyes, because he's heard almost every single possible pun that could be made on that, and every variation of those individual puns.

Also, that's legit the scariest image of a Clicker I've ever seen. Fucking Christ on a unicycle, I'm going to have nightmares from that shit...

...You haven't got any more of those

...Have you?

...Fuck me up, fam.

The_Last_of_Us_Concept_Art_AL-05.jpg

[SIZE= 14px]" 38 Days till Spring, 6:00 p.m., Friday "[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 18px]T[/SIZE]he brothers pursued the ghoul into the next dark building. It was one of those fat, pale, white aberrations that shepherded the common undead ghouls by puffing out clouds of yellow spores from its bulbous, fungi riddled, cabbage-like head.

As they crossed the simple wooden plank they had for a bridge on the roof, James was feeling remorseful. Dimwitted . . .' he thought of himself. Looking back at it, how could he not see it was a trap? It was such a rookie mistake assuming that the ghouls left the third floor just because he heard the windows break. His mind had automatically labeled that hallway, 'safe', even though he didn't see with his eyes if it actually was. And those ghouls hammering on the windows were just a distraction and a spy.

And now he's been bit, and he can't take that back. He should have trained with the soldiers years ago and got some experience out in the field instead of staying cooped up in his laboratory all the time. He should have immediately cut off his own hand when he got bit, but instead he just sat there paralyzed with what just happened, and now the virus was coursing through his entire body. When was he going to 'turn'?

"You take high, I take low!" said Mion giving James the spear.

"Got it." said James snapping out of his reverie.

The fat ghoul was waddling down the stairs, it wasn't fast enough and the brothers trapped it when Mion dropped down to the ground floor and rose, gun up, blocking the bottom. The pale monster howled releasing a spore cloud, it turned up in panic and saw --- or rather sensed. It did not have eyes now that they saw it up close --- that James was there holding the spear. It turned back on Mion and pounced at him, but Mion had already fired a suppressed shot that went through the monster's cabbage-like head, and he side-stepped quickly before the monster hit the ground, dead.

They looked around in the dark, Mion's flashlight sweeping the floor for any more ghouls nearby. There was none, though they still heard the snarling and shrieking of the horde outside. They climbed back up, James wondering how he was going to leave his brother. Or should he ask him to shoot him? No . . . he could not do that.

When they reached the safety of their hideout, Mion was glad that no other ghouls managed to reach the second and third floors. "That seems to be the last of the smarties'. We can deal with this horde tomorrow." he said.

James just nodded. His hand felt like it was burning and the fever he had earlier seemed to be worsening. After re-lighting the torches, they moved on to repairs and cleaning up the bodies. As much as possible James didn't want to be near his brother in case he turned, and had the suppressed pistol that only had one bullet left to shoot himself with just in case he did. He went to one of the other rooms on the second floor on the pretense of looking for more wood and used nails for the barricade, leaving Mion in room 34.

James had decided. He was just going to secretly leave and then decide how he was going to kill himself. Very quickly he took off his make shift magazine armor and everything he was carrying that could be of use to Mion. He wanted to keep the gun with the one bullet, but his brother needed it more. He wished he had a pen to write with, but as he had none, he just used a small shard of wood dipped in his blood . . .

"James, will you give me a hand with the bodies, the barricades can wait." said Mion, annoyed, minutes later. "James?"

The older Cunning was nowhere to be found. Instead, in Room 22, on a pile of his neatly folded clothes was a torn piece of page from a magazine weighed down by his suppressed pistol. Mion picked it up, already knowing what this meant, and read the words written in shining red blood.

[SIZE= 16px]"[/SIZE][SIZE= 16px]I got bit. Don't catch a cold, Mion."[/SIZE]

As he climbed down the fire exit, James heard his younger brother curse then yell out his name angrily, calling him to show himself. "JAMES! JAAAAMES!! JAMES, @*#%! COME BACK!" Mion commanded. "COME BACK, @*#%! --- JAMES, COME BACK, PLEASE!"

Never had he heard his younger brother so anguished, but James didn't say anything. Didn't even look back when he dropped on to the snow and slipped into the darkness out of sight of the apartment.

[1] - Die at the docks. It's likely a survivor is there who can end his life quickly and painlessly. James really didn't want to be eaten alive. He could catch fish here too. Have one last meal.

[2] - Die outside of town, in the forest. He doesn't want his brother to see his body at any time at all.

[3] - Die somewhere comforting. Some lonely place where he could just think and somehow try to just get some semblance of peace.

[4] - . . . (reader's write in choice.)

Health: [COLOR= rgb(165, 42, 42)]Infected[/COLOR], Open wound, Feverish, Starving || Stamina: Tired || Body Heat: Warm

Main hand: Crude wooden club || Off-hand:

Head: None || Chest: Old shirt || Arms: None || Legs: Old pants 

James' Current Backpack: None

1. Knife, w/ extended handle

2. Suppressed pistol, x2 shots (equipped)
  6. Duct tape, x9 uses
  7. Map
  8. Rope (25 ft.)
  9. Cigarettes, x16
  10. Lighter, x10 uses
  11. Sling || uses rocks as ammunition
  12. Mirror shard

Hideout stash:

3. Heap of cloth
  4. Dirty cooking set
  7. Scalpel
  8. Biohazard suit
  9. Ammunition kit
  10. Tent
  11.  Candles, x3
  12. Reinforced Tupperware shield
  13. Suppressed pistol (empty)
  14. James Clothes || Complete set of winter clothes with boots and magazine bundle armor.
  15. Map and compass
  16. Lighter, x16 uses 
  17. Knife w/ extended handle
  18. First aid kit, x1 use
  19. Hand-held radio, 69% batt.
  20. Crude wooden club 
  21. Mirror shard
  22. Old pistol (empty)
  23. Make-shift bag

Good:

1. Metal Thumb
  2. Passionate Virologist
    -
  3. Smooth Talker
    -

Bad:

1. Canine Allergy
  2. Honorable
  3. Limp Noodle

1. Dr. Mion Cunning

None

Food and Medicine:

• What food?

Defense:

• "No worries about a horde of mindless ghouls coming up to the second and third floor."
  • Wooden barricades. The three apartment floors need to be boarded up again.

Comfort:

Fuel and Electricity:

Spoiler

Crafting Recipes:

4. Bow (1% complete)

Construction Plans:

2. Work Room (0%)
  3. Garage (0%)
  4. Working bathroom (0%)
  6. Doctor's Room (0%)
  7. Work out Room (0%)
  8. Stable (0%)
  9. Roof Garden (0%)
  10. Laboratory (0%)
  15. Fence (0%)
  16. Working Vehicle (0%)

Sorry I'm late, Christmas showed up and whacked me in the nuts with a sledgehammer. Let me just catch up...

...mhmm...

...mhmmmmm...

...indeed...

...verily I say...

...forsooth...

Oh great we got bit... Come on James! But wait! 

IMG_0121.JPG

But seriously. This is kinda sad. I'm going for Three. Think on the happy things in life. His fath...never mind. His work on the cur...sorry no dice. This should be fun... (in a sad sarcastic way) 

IMG_0124.JPG

I think I need a minute. Fuck. Did we/I just kill James? Did this just turn into ZombieQuest?

Okay, I'm good now. 3. Definitely. Also, make sure to die with middle fingers raised. Or at least outstretched. Fuck life, we're James Cunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back