• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Dead Space-esque Rp?

Starlight

Multiversal Entity
So, despite not being a huge gamer myself, I pretty much adore the hell out of horror themes, and as I was brooding over potential RP ideas I just thought 'Hey! Why not do Dead Space?'

Thus, here we are! I'd be looking for either 4-8 characters depending on the interest, I'd also very much appreciate activity, since most RPs die if one person fails to post, this would also be a long term casual roleplay.

The plot will be very similar to that of the first Dead Space, with our own twists and turns and horrific-necrotastic-abysmal-abominations. Four people, would take on the role of a small ship who're there to supposedly fix a power outage. Whilst anymore would already be on the ship. Obviously all hell breaks loose for everyone.

I also want variety, not everyone can be an uber-soldier who has elite training. Instead, I'd prefer people with relatively normal backgrounds, engineers, doctors, chefs, normal civilians. Each one growing throughout the story, becoming a necromorph hunting killing machine. I'd like everyone to have different roles.

Interesting. I've always loved Dead Space, the eerie ship atmosphere and not known when a Necromorph can kill you.

Yup, Same here. I am a coward at playing it personally. (Resident Evil 5 ruined my ability to not scream while playing.) But I have tag-teamed the game and watched others play it. It is really fun! I would love to do it! And I would love to be a scientist or a minster, or a daycare center operator. Normal roles make it more interesting because you play with the darkness in their minds a little more.

KisaAmora said:
Yup, Same here. I am a coward at playing it personally. (Resident Evil 5 ruined my ability to not scream while playing.) But I have tag-teamed the game and watched others play it. It is really fun! I would love to do it! And I would love to be a scientist or a minster, or a daycare center operator. Normal roles make it more interesting because you play with the darkness in their minds a little more.
I like the way you think, about the whole quote on quote, "Normal roles make it more interesting because you play with the darkness in their minds a little more."

@Wastes Storyteller

Yup! Normal people are a lot more twisted than others think. Warriors are a little more balanced in the gore and torture because they have seen it, and learned about it in battles and wars. Thus fighting and the horror of it all is a little more "known" to them. Plus, all the mundane tasks that a person has to do, mix a little wrath or envy, and people think up some horrible shit for laughs. And that is towards their friends. Thus a RP that explores the darkness coming out in an almost hopeless situation. Yup! Fun, fun, fun!

I'm interested in this!

Big fan of the dead space series ^^

I'd like to be an engineer if you wouldn't mind

Welp! I said four to eight and we've reached five! So far we have:

@Riven = Engineer

@KisaAmora = Scientist/Daycare worker

@CortezHorse

@Wastes Storyteller

Just let me know where you'd rather start!, the USG Resilience, a huge civilian ship which had recently picked up a strange alien artifact among another ship wreck. The artifact is said to hold great power, many believe it a message from God, people are calling it 'The Eye of God'

Or, a tiny dropship, manned by a small crew of four, used in the rare cases of complete power outages on other ships.

I'm interested in the tiny dropship to link up and repair a seemingly normal ship

Adds more mystery to the story ^^

Would the prefix for this roleplay be Fandom or Futuristic? Though it's based on Dead Space the story and back story are going to be totally different.

yay! I pick drop ship as well. One of us could be a member of the other ship and is coming back home, but otherwise it will give us difficulty on where do we go to do what we need to.

4,124 views, that's it i'm joining in, but i'm not following the dead space franchise and only played the 3rd one, so i'm not very familiar with the story is it ok?

EXOTICISME said:
4,124 views, that's it i'm joining in, but i'm not following the dead space franchise and only played the 3rd one, so i'm not very familiar with the story is it ok?
Sure! Just make sure you understand what Dead Space is like, maybe read up a brief wiki guide on the first game for an idea of what our RP would be like. But you're free to join!

I'll be having four people on the small repair ship and anyone else on the USG Resilience! Each group will start in different areas, the first time they meet it won't be face-to-face.

Oh! I forgot to say what I would like to be! My character will be a Marshall of the USG Resilience, basically what I mean from Marshall is that he is like a soldier/police officer, not as well equipped as a soldier but in a higher position than a police officer. He saw the origin of the "infection" first hand and was deemed infected by the medical officers since he was close to the origin of it. He's pretty sure he is not but I feel he should slowly dwindle into madness and become one or he just stays normal. I'll probably decide soon.

Deep Space Isolation.

[QUOTE="Wastes Storyteller]Oh! I forgot to say what I would like to be! My character will be a Marshall of the USG Resilience, basically what I mean from Marshall is that he is like a soldier/police officer, not as well equipped as a soldier but in a higher position than a police officer. He saw the origin of the "infection" first hand and was deemed infected by the medical officers since he was close to the origin of it. He's pretty sure he is not but I feel he should slowly dwindle into madness and become one or he just stays normal. I'll probably decide soon.

[/QUOTE]
Oh that sounds fine! Having someone with relative combat experience makes sense, I just don't want Military captains, a Marshall is fine! I'll swittch your spot with exotics!

CortezHorse said:
I dont mind already being on the USG resilience! ^_^ Also, I was thinking of my char being a doctor. :)
We already have a nurse which sort of covers the "Medical" role...

CortezHorse said:
I dont mind already being on the USG resilience! ^_^ Also, I was thinking of my char being a doctor. :)
It's probably best you be apart of the drop ship since I'm already the medical role on the Resilience. and being another doctor is totally fine, I wasn't actually planning on having the Resilience crew and drop ship crew meet for a pretty lengthy amount of time. The only single-player roles would be Engineer, Scientist, Pilot, Minister and Technician.

Starlight said:
It's probably best you be apart of the drop ship since I'm already the medical role on the Resilience. and being another doctor is totally fine, I wasn't actually planning on having the Resilience crew and drop ship crew meet for a pretty lengthy amount of time. The only single-player roles would be Engineer, Scientist, Pilot, Minister and Technician.
What do you mean single-player roles? It does not affect me but I would like to understand what it means.

[QUOTE="Wastes Storyteller]What do you mean single-player roles? It does not affect me but I would like to understand what it means.

[/QUOTE]
One person only can have that role. Any other role can have two people. But no more. Though I'd PREFER if everybody had a different role, more fun that way.

Starlight said:
One person only can have that role. Any other role can have two people. But no more. Though I'd PREFER if everybody had a different role, more fun that way.
I agree. No one should have the same role, they would fight for power to be the "boss" of that role.

[QUOTE="Wastes Storyteller]I agree. No one should have the same role, they would fight for power to be the "boss" of that role.

[/QUOTE]
That's not why I'd prefer it. There would be no boss, at all. everyone would be equal unless each player specifically allowed another player to be a boss. I just don't want the same roles because if they were different we would get more diversity throughout the roleplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back