• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom DC Comics: Speedverse (Arrowverse-based DC Roleplay)

Diamond655

Do You Wanna Have a Bad Time?
((I know I didn't make an Interest Check. I also know that people would like this type of RP.))

The city streets are bustling with crime. It's almost as if the mayor of each city is a crimelord. Looks like this universe needs heroes. And here they come.

The Arrow in Starling City, the Flash in Central City...They need to happen, and they need to happen soon.

And that's where we come in.

Information in the OoC thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
flash_2014.logo.png

Pre-Custom Arc, Random Crook Investigations

The city streets are practically empty. Only a few cars, only a few people on the sidewalk...Then, something happens. A red blur with a yellow streak passes by. He's looking for a robber. "OUT OF THE WAY!" the Streak shouts. The people get out of the way and let the Streak pass. He's chasing after a getaway truck, it seems. The police start going after it, while keeping guns out and ready to shoot the Streak if he gets to be a problem. The Fastest Man Alive just continues running, avoiding the occasional shot from police and crook alike.

"Get off the road, running man!" a crook taunts while shooting.

"This ought to be record time for a police chase." the Blur says.

The Blur dashes up to the getaway truck, and starts hammering on the glass. It quickly breaks, and the Fastest Man Alive speeds into the yellow truck through the window, into the passenger seat. "I call shotgun." the Blur snarks. He grabs the wheel and tips the truck. The crooks get out of the car, the Fastest Man Alive following. The Blur gets in a fistfight with the getaway driver. First, he performs an upper jab, then a lower hook, then a leg sweep, followed by a flipkick. The crook goes down. The others start running, afraid of the Fastest Man Alive.

"I'll catch them another time." the Blur says, throwing the crook over to the police. The police keep their guns aimed at the Blur, unsure of which side he's on.. He just shrugs, and dashes off.

Barry arrives at S.T.A.R Labs, removing his mask, and greets the S.T.A.R Labs team. "Hey, guys!" Barry says.

"How did things go with the Royal Flush Gang?" Doctor Wells asks.

"They got away, but I managed to get their getaway driver into custody."
Barry responds.

"At least you got someone." Cisco says, trying to stay kind of positive.

"I still don't even approve of your reckless usage of your powers." Caitlin says. "Why are we even helping him? Okay, the deal was, we help with metahumans, and Barry gets to keep the suit and get medical care."

"Well, there aren't any other metahumans yet, and either way, we could use the good publicity." Cisco says. "Once Barry starts getting well-known, they'll note a pattern of him rushing back to S.T.A.R Labs, figure out we're helping him, bam, instant good publicity after the Particle Accelerator explosion."

"I don't think it's worth the risk. Barry could get shot out there, we could get kidnapped and used to lure Barry out of hiding, or worse, we get killed for helping the Man in the Red Suit." Caitlin rants.

Barry just uses what appears to be a ring, and retracts the Flash suit into it, his normal civilian clothes under it.

ustv-the-flash-s01e02-04.jpg

"I think it's worth the risk. And it's my powers, so I'm pretty sure I decide what to do with them." Barry says.

"That doesn't mean we have to help you..." Caitlin says.

"Well, our Particle Accelerator nearly cost Barry his life, correct, Ms. Snow?" Doctor Wells says, moving his wheelchair towards Caitlin.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean-" Caitlin is cut off.

"We should feel obligated to help him. And that's what we are going to do. Help Barry Allen." Doctor Wells says.

"But, Doctor Wells-" Caitlin is cut off again.

"Sorry, but we will help Barry Allen. Besides, he's the ONLY metahuman on our side. Do you really want to lose him, who is possibly our only chance at capturing the metahuman threats...?" Doctor Wells asks. Caitlin has no response. "That's what I thought." Doctor Wells wheels away in his wheelchair. "I'll be in my office if you need me." Doctor Wells says.

"Meanwhile, I'm gonna go meet up with Iris." Barry says. "Be back in a flash." Barry dashes off.

In Jitter's Coffee...

Barry stops in front of Jitter's, and walks in normally, not showing any note of his speed. "Hey, Barry." Iris says.

"Hey, Iris." Barry says. "What did you want to meet with me about?"

"Well, I just wanted to tell you how glad I am that you woke up from the coma a week ago..." Iris says. "And tell you about my new research column for the Central City Paper, which I'm sure you'll be excited about."

"And that is?" Barry asks.

"The Central City Speedster." Iris responds. "There have been numerous reports of sighting him in the past 3 days. And, earlier today, they saw him help the CCPD capture a member of the Royal Flush gang. You have to wonder why he's still counted as a menace by the CCPD."

"Yeah, I wonder too..." Barry says. Don't let her get too into this column on the 'Central City Speedster,' Barry...You don't want her to get hurt when she finds out you've been lying to her. Or worse...She could get kidnapped. Barry thinks to himself. "You sure there aren't any OTHER areas you want to write about...? Like, maybe something you know more about...?" Barry asks.

"Nope. I will be writing about the Central City Speedster, so everyone knows there's someone out there to protect them..." Iris says. "Why don't you want me to write about him...? You've been interested in the paranormal, since we were kids. And, now that I finally believe in it, you suddenly don't believe anymore? Or, were you planning on writing about him? Or, what?"

"This guy hunts criminals...Whatever he's doing is dangerous, so if you write about him, you could become a prime target for enemies of his. And, I don't want to see you get hurt..." Barry says. "Imagine it; you write about the Speedster, who's well known by then. You suddenly get abducted by some villain, like some sort of...Clown freak, or something...And, he tries to kill you." Barry says. "The Blur...He doesn't get there in time to stop you from getting hurt...I don't want that to happen to you."

"I get the idea." Iris says. "And, you were right until the last point...The Blur, the Speedster, the Streak, the man in the red suit...He has super speed...How can he get anywhere without getting there on time...?"

"I don't know, but...What if the villain does something to him...?" Barry says. "I don't want to see you caught in the mid-"

"You're just reading too much into it..." Iris says. "How do you know something will happen to me...? For all you know, there isn't even anyone with any beef with the Blur at all..."

"...I guess I can't stop you..." Barry says. "...I have to go...Bye, Iris." Barry leaves Jitter's. As soon as he's out of sight of Iris, he dashes towards S.T.A.R Labs, knowing they probably have the Royal Flush Gang's coordinates or something ready. He doesn't care what they have new on the Royal Flush Gang. He just wants to know that leaving wasn't just to get out of an awkward situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back