DB charm "Naming the honored brother" is it possib

I don't think that anyone should be able to make a mortal into an Exalt in one step' date=' just like no one can make a mortal into a God, Elemental or Demon in one step.  The Charm I'm suggesting is similar enough to the Endowment (Permenant Essence) Spirit Charm to be balanced. ']
First of the ritual was not stupid

Second.

you CAN make a mortal into a god or demon in one step.

they just have to be a thaumatage wtih essence 3.

Good luck finding more than 5 or 6 dozen  but it CAN be done.

and the simple fact that endownment CAN mess with wheither or not a dragon touched exalts or not, along with the fact its decided by the division of abstract matters. to ME suggests that terrestial exalted are viewed as so low, that the gods didnt put the same safe guards on the mechanisms governing terrestial exaltion they did on celestial exaltion.

Sorry about the stupid comment PT, but the ritual is a bit much.  I agree with you though, no one in the Celestial Hierarchy really cares about the DBs as long as they don't get too uppity.  Even Lytek sees them as just a particularly talented breed of pets, so if anyone grabs his right to determine the exact time, he's not going to get too pissed unless someone does it a lot of times.  A wise DB would give some expensive sacrifices to him, so that he doesn't feel that they lack proper respect.  Otherwise, DBs are propably going to be left alone.

but the exalted came from Autochthon a primordial he made the esences hand handed them around so I will hold to my sorcery, you do what you want but I won'y make a charm like that for simple reasons it is to powerful I'm thinking of making my spells harder because of that

I would permit a highly ritualized Solar Circle sorcery to exalt a mortal into a Dragon-Blood as some impressive expense.  Even then it would require some pretty impressive exotic ingredients, like the pure, raw essence of the element you want to exalt that person as, plus the heart of an elemental dragon of the same element.  That sort of thing.

Snooguns.

Just because you get to re-roll for Exaltation doesn't mean you're going to re-roll, Midget.  The roll is there to symbolize the fact that your character reaching a level of Essence above 3 has been noted by the higher gods, that's all.

Whether the roll is successful or not is what determines if your character meets the gods' criteria.  And in any case, if your half-caste fucking reaches Essence 4, then he's obviously not just some schmuck, now is he?

Like I said my spells only work on some one that has breeding in the first place and all the spell dose is give them a reroll

I make no apology for my charm being a rough draft but I really wish people would be a little less rough.

here incidently is a example of the charm in use. just to give you an idea of how the modifiers work in practice.

The Renegade Dragon blooded General Kerethan has in Service to his Master the Zenith Caste Kirsan,  performed quite admirably recently in Ferreting out bandits that have been plaguing his new lair in west.

Kerethan has fallen in love with one of his soldeirs but has thought he had come to terms with the fact he could not give her a taste of his immortality.

Until he came acrosss references of the charm "Naming the honored brother" in a temple to the unconquered sun lost to the wyld.

he Asks for his masters permission, and curious to see if tis is possible Kirsan agrees to bless the ritual.

She is brought forth and told only that it is a ritual of consecration.

She agreess and kneels before Kerethan as he draws a Dagger  And cults his palm. then cuts hers Binding the wounds fast mixing their blood.

Kirsan then calls down the blessing of the unconquered sun on this event, charging it with power.

The build up is like this.

Kerethon and the Soldier Sweet maple (Im very bad with names) have served together since before he desserted so they have a bond o fintimate trust, a Zenith caste is blessing the ritual, and Kerethon has a breeding of 2.

her valor is 5.

so this is 12-(2+4+2+2)

for an overall difficulty of 2

Kerethon then rolls (as I myself am doing as I type this what shall the result be...)

Kleithen has Charisma of 7 and a occult of 6 making 13 dice but he only rolls 3 sucesses and he feels undoubatly the terrible threat of sweet maple dieing before the blood activates and Sweet maple activates into a fire aspected anima (and will thus likely change her name) Kerethon loses one permanent essence point, immediatly losing 4 perrepherial and 1 personal essence dot, he can no longer use any charms that require an essence above 5 , including this one, and must buy back the essence dot normally.

Like I said my spells only work on some one that has breeding in the first place and all the spell dose is give them a reroll
I am with you on this. The destiny part of the PG (p.26) says that terestrial exaltation goes by blood and luck alone. ANd also, GCG seems to have lowerd the over all role of lytek in his own mind a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back