• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [Dawn of Justice] The Red Basin

1678681496008-png.1072304

Calypso đź’‹

Her hundredth birthday was soon approaching, and it was among the dozen or so she actually enjoyed in this turn of century. It felt like a lifetime since she saw the doors of Ouroboros for the first time, and there were so many memories she could spend time reminiscing long into the night. She couldn't believe the love she was surrounded by, between a husband she fell deeply for and Ayumu, and Chizuru who were her entire world. (Her daughters not withstanding).

Calypso never shied away from the darkness Neramo had to wield, knowing all too well what business entailed. It was what interested her with the latest pup of theirs; one who was aware of the trade, but didn't have the experience on how to conduct themselves. He had a bone to pick with Snare, but that one made enemies as a career. She felt for the police woman, but she did not allow her feelings to ever interfere with business.

She left the door cracked behind them, and walked up to him as he lamented. Keys coming out to the surface, and proving her instincts right. She knew Luciano had irked him far worse than he let on. She wanted to chide him on letting new blood get to him so easily, but that'd do Keys (and Neramo) no good. She knew it was a complicated issue.

"Forgiveness is not a trait solely given to heroes, it is what makes us human. You know now what you didn't then, the dead can't learn from their mistakes. If you truly wanted to punish him, you'd give him to the monster he hates dearly. Allow a lesson to be taught that allows him to learn in quiet agony." She spoke, soft but disquiet. She loathed Snare, but he was incredibly useful for setting a precedent. Calypso running a soft hand along his back in slow and comforting circles as she listened

"and how many times have I told you to stop that, keys? How have you not realized that I have fallen in love with every facet of you? There is no need to hide your eyes from me, unless you're worried I'll petrify you again~" She teased with a chuckle.

the sound of soft footsteps catching Calypso' attention, seeing Ayumu trailing down the hall. Her face lighting up as she called to him softly "Ayumu! I see you are a good big brother and tucked your sister in hmm? Come here, it has been too long since we've had any time together! Work has kept me so busy, but the dragon festival makes for good business" She said, laughing as she ruffled Ayumu's hair before pulling him into a warm embrace, humming the melody she often sings to him almost instinctually.

Remy Summers
1677875986522.png
Remy jumped, the concentration broken as Snare spoke, flipping on the lights. That's when she realized which room she was in, and the seductive nature of her Quirk. Shit, Snare was...excited? Wanted to know more? Maybe it was best to answer his questions. He might get upset if she became cagey. Though, it took all of her not to react when Snare came close to her and her new family. Though, maybe it was joint custody with Snare, since it was his body?

"He's a fresh kill for you. I've never thought I could bring someone back with these wires in their body, but I suppose you didn't destroy important organs like the heart and head, which made it possible. Either way. I grabbed his soul and made it go back to his body. It's his soul, which is specific to the person. You killed him recently, and his death called to me, telling me to bring him back and make him whole again. I'm surprised you're not disgusted by my ability." Remy replied, maybe letting out a little too much information in her nervousness. Her entourage couldn't help her here if Snare decided to hurt her, and that fact made her nervous, as Snare was protective of his art, and she technically had messed with it.

Chou Ayumu

IMG_5540.jpg
Ayumu left Chizuru's room and couldn't pay attention to where his feet were taking him. His head was plauged with voices he couldn't escape and figures he reasonably knew couldn't be there.

"You're just another mouth to feed. Go to your corner and don't make a sound."

"Kazuya, be a dear and make that man dream. Mommy and Daddy would be very happy if you did. We can get ice cream after."

"Shut up or I'll give you something to cry about!"

"That's right, Kazuya, we love you very much."

"You think I ever wanted to give birth to a sniveling little brat like you?"

Using his quirk too much came at a price but it was never steeper than when he created a soirée. With no one else around, his mind had no way to anchor himself to reality. How ironic that someone who made others live out fantasies would be subjected to his own nightmares by the nature of his very quirk. Gripping his fan tightly, he rubbed his thumb over the textures in the handle, specially carved to be a grounding self-soothe device.

"
Ayumu!" His head jerked up and he looked towards the new voice with wide eyes. The figures that threatened to close in around him disappeared, their voices being silenced. It seemed Mother and Father had returned to their room for the night and his feet had taken him past their room. While it hadn't been his intention to burden them, perhaps he still needed his parents, his real parents, to handle the shadows of those he was born to.

Obediently, Ayumu went to his mother, crumpling in her embrace.
"Thank you, Mother." He murmured softly. As she began to hum a song he knew well, he felt himself being put at ease, just like a child should in their mother's arms. He supposed with how long her life was, he would always be a child to her, no matter how old he grew to be. Perhaps he shouldn't be ashamed that he couldn't handle the lingering voices and figures his mind conjured alone. His eyes closed and he just let himself be at peace where he was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back