• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [Dawn of Justice] The Disaster of Choice: Part One

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Garbage Pail Kid

Mad Without Power
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
1684483231816.png
Justiciar Hero Agency

Constantine had moved from Britain to Japan at a young age; moving with his parents and sister due to his father's invested interest in the business of heroes. He had seen them all in his youth; watching them on TV and even seeing them save his mother. He saw their potential, even back then. Heroes were incredibly profitable; there was simply nothing else more prevalent in human society right now. Constantine was a businessman above all else, and thought of his hero work all the same. He had made the necessary sacrifices to earn his spot on the billboard. He was pragmatic at his core, and knew his chances of passing Amaterasu were null, but he could easily come out on top in the popularity charts.

He shook his head, rousing himself from the distant gaze his office view often provoked. A smattering of fans littering the sidewalks below, he waved at the many beautiful women. A momentary glare scarring his features with disgust.

"Pathetic" He muttered before the trill of his phone distracted him, going for the one in his back pocket, realizing it was actually the breast pocket phone. He removed it with a mixture of exhilaration and revulsion. He loathed these maniacs,
but they were his best shot at getting what he wanted.

1685165866679.png
"I'm busy, what do you want? This number is not to be used at work, what did you fail to garner from that simple condition?"
"..."
"The other teacher? Are you referring to Sensaina? Oh please, a burn victim and a whipped family pet will be nothing for the likes of you right? Security means nothing in the face of a retirement home the size of texas; The hero and student records have already been sent. You shouldn't worry about variables out of your control, simply attain the power needed to control all variables."

He snapped the phone closed and clicked his tongue; loathe to talk to them any further. They had everything they needed to handle that situation, and from whatever madness they concede. He will sweep in and take the mantle of U.A Principle. His power and influence would even further grow and he'd get back at that miserable marigold for ever backing his sister. She abandoned her duties to his agency and fled, and he was going to find her.

He sat in his chair and sighed, looking up to a mural of his sister on the ceiling.
"So very much to do, so little time eh kat?. Three days needed to prepare for the 'negligence' about to befall the dearest principle and his beloved students, and it's all your fault" His skin beginning to crackle with a golden glow; rifts appearing across his face for a moment before he calmed down and smoothed out his hair.

"I do have an interest in one of the students however-" He said, looking over the file on his computer with a smirk.

"Seikatsu Mirai"

U.A High School
-Marigold's Office-
8:35 am
1685257032700.png
Marigold kept his office well maintained, but felt the typical sterility scientists and doctors preferred was boorish; He needed something students would find 'cool' so he did he best. A twist of his own eccentricities across the now rube goldberg-esque office he has maintained for nearly four years. It has been a short, but strenuous tenure. His technopath quirk allowed him great fundamentals and while the desire to become a hero was there, the will certainly was not. He couldn't build muscle no matter how hard he tried, and couldn't take a fall let alone a punch. His gift was his mind and so his direction in life steered to that of a craftsman, and teacher now, though farther from the classroom than he'd like to be.
unnamed.png

"Do you like tea Darius? I'd offer coffee, but that will stain your teeth" Marigold started from behind his desk, an awkward cough break the moment of silence after as it was quite clear Marigold did not 'punish' and 'discipline' well. He had a soft spot for his students and only wanted the best for them. This was no different.

"Young love is to be expected, and while I keep a sharp eye. I do my best to let minor issues slide, otherwise I'd be a constant bother" He said with a chuckle, lifting his own tea cup and sipping as beams of morning shown through the windows behind his desk and almost made it look like flakes of gold were in Marigold's hair. His gold eyes leveling with Darius as he set his cup down "How did you meet a petty thief villain and why did you think prudent to continue to meet her? you know what? don't answer that. I am quite aware of growing up" He said, spinning his finger. His monitor flipping toward Darius; showing still images of the couple about their date. One of Marigold's eyes lighting up like an LED as he used his quirk, a Tell.

"Your parents and the parents of all your classmates agreed to this opportunity and trust me and my faculty to take care of you. It is within my power to use such means so tracking you anywhere with a cell signal is child's play" he said, tapping the side of his skull "You are fortunate at the very least that she didn't trick you, and gut you in an alley. Do you understand how depraved villains can be? You will be a target while at this school and soon everyone in the world will be watching your feats. You have talent Mr. Blackwood, but villains don't wait for graduation. I suspect your intuition is as sharp as your fathers hmm? Do you suspect this girl to be trying to gain access to the school? to your personal belongings?" Marigold did not like being harsh, but he would do everything in his power to keep his students safe. His voice never diminutive or harsh, never raised. He practiced maintaining level speech patterns, knowing teens responded poorly to higher pitches of voice. He didn't pressure Darius to answer quickly and went to sip his tea once more.

Class 1-A Dorm-
8:40 am
1685259802425.png
1685259827830.png
Sachiko was already nearly finished with her room, bathing in the multicolored sunlight as she bounced around to the beats in her headphones. It had been a busy few days and she was so excited to finally get to know some of her fellow students. She really liked everyome; wanting to make some friends and spice up what was otherwise going to be a challenging year of school.

She trounced out into the hallway, eyes filled with starry delight as she knocked on Junko's door more than a few times before swinging it open and spinning in place, a dramatic vogue pose that she totally did not practice every morning.

"Looks like we are neighbors huh? Isn't that exciting! I knew we were going to be amazing friends. I am usually right about these things hehe. I think it'd be so fun if we showed off our rooms and then had a spooky movie night in the common room! I want to watch the new daymare after august, I've heard it's super scary and watching horror movies is something me and my mom love to do, so I thought it'd be fun to share our silly tradition"

She couldn't help but be spunky, it was an energy she always carried. She believed that the good fortune that had been given to her should continued to be passed down through obnoxious kindness and boisterous theatrics. Sachiko peeking into Junko's room and squealing with excitement as she cupped her cheeks, beaming at Junko as she wagged a finger "An interior designer hiding in plain sight? Sneaky, sneaky. I can't wait for you to see my room, It looks like a rainbow exploded and I am in love~~" She said in a sing song tone.

She could hardly wait to show off her own as she proudly entered it with Junko in tow, the vibrancy and intensity of the color palette something she enjoyed and showed off merch she's collected over the years; one being a limited edition Amaterasu poster; where the suns were made from foil and refracted light brilliantly. She couldn't imagine a better idol of beauty, grace, and the ability to smash face. Sachiko giggling as she flopped onto her heart populated bed, pillows of unicorns and bears.

"I am confused, does thoust need such painful colors to thine eyes? is this a defensive maneuver?" Was all Junko could get out in edgewise as Sachiko had stunlocked her with an overabundance of excitement and vibrancy.

1685260192564.png

Those who were awake would see Junji greeting them early, and those who were still asleep would hear a shrill whistle that became Junji's specialty, capable of piercing doors and begrudging pillows alike. He was excited to unveil the nature of their trip today, already eager to get them on them on the bus.

"I am so very glad to see you all awake and cheery! Today is a very special day! It is time for you to train at The USJ! I've gotten an entire slot for the day, and you are going to learn how to survive disasters! Isn't that fun?"

Attachments

• 1685256590134.png
    1685256590134.png
    994.8 KB · Views: 0
Seikatsu Mirai
1685306487664.png

It took some getting used to, and if you asked him he was still getting used to it, but Mirai had started to feel a little more at home in the dorms of UA. Living with and getting to know his classmates had been an interesting experience so far, but it has its pros and cons. Those were things he'd save for a suggestion box however....if one ever happened. Instead he took the days one at a time and focused on his school work when he wasn't sleeping. But sleep was impossible to have when the familiar voice of Junji-sensei rang through the dorm and invade his room.

He threw back the black blanket and tossed the black pillow that had failed in lulling him back to sleep. "This is torture." Sleep, mostly because of his quirk, was an important fixture in Mirai's life and even when it was unnecessary he clung to it as a solvent for his unsavory emotions. Being a victim of bullying in previous schools stirred up a lot of nasty feelings in the would-be-hero, but here at UA they seemed to...subside and hold less power over him.

The door to his room opened, the teen tucking finger combing his hair back out of his face as he looked around. Seemed like he wasn't the only person that woke up to the sound of Junji's call. Without further delay he headed downstairs and tuned into the announcement that the teacher was making. "Should we change into our costumes for this, Junji-sensei?" He questioned with a soft, dry voice.

Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

Darius Blackwood
1685310104281.png
Darius found himself seated in Marigolds office, not really sure at the start what he had done to get called here. However, then he was offered a tea, in which he raised his hand a little bit. "Oh no sir, I don't really like either of those. I'm more of a soda guy for non-water drinks. I have a big sweet tooth. Well, actually I really like sour candy so maybe more of a sour tooth." He said, rambling a bit at the end, though his drink tastes were a rather reminiscent of someone. He looked up at his principal, waiting for what he was trying to get to with this interrogation. Then he brought up young love, leading Darius to looking into his cup idly, before glancing to the side when he just announced he knew he was meeting a villain. "W-Well, she was cute, y'know? And she didn't seem bad at all...." He said, starting to put his glass down and rub the back of his head.

"Plus, she's had a few chances to try and kill me, but she didn't either of those times. O-Oh! And when those guys attacked us at the mall, she got really angry at them for trying to hurt me and attacked them! I don't think she'd fight that hard to protect someone she doesn't actually care about." He said, trying to make a case for Chibi, looking at his principal. He knew the teacher was looking out for him.

However, then he noticed an interesting tidbit that Marigold slipped out.
"Wait, intuition like my dad? You know my dad? A-And no! I don't think Chibi wants to sneak in here at all. She hasn't brought up the school at all." He said quickly, looking up at the principal.

1685413466907.png
Jack Sage
Jack walked through the halls of the facility, pulling a light suitcase behind him. He rubbed his eyes, still getting used to the contact lenses meant to cover the blood red eyes that he had inherited from his father. Those had been the most irritating to deal with, the ghost white hair had been easy to die, and his pale complexion formed after years in his fathers HQ had eventually been resolved during his time under UA protection. He had gotten far since he had fled from his father, slightly caring about people now. He still appeared to be cold and arrogant, but he didn’t care. He would eventually be done with this and get a normal life; maybe as a hero, maybe a vigilante. The one thing he was sure of was that he wouldn’t be a villain like his father. As he roamed the halls, toting the few belongings he had, few coming from his previous life. He stared at a painting, likely water paint. His father of course hadn’t just taught him how to kill but other scholarly subjects, a few without villainous intent. He paused and stared at the painting, admiring the careful strokes and vibrant colors; a deep contrast with the gory paintings that had dominated his previous home, depicting his fathers horrible deeds.

Kenshi Okada
odYOpHR.jpg

Kenshi had been feeling bummed out these days. It had been a while since he moved here, and yet, he had no friends. Everyone chatted, laughed, and hung out after class with at least one person in his group. Everyone, except him. All he did was participate in class every once in a while, and after class, he practiced his swordsman skills until he was exhausted. From there, it was him sleeping or keeping his room door shut while he read a book on a corner or listened to some music. That was not a part of his plan when he first arrived, he wanted to make friends. But at some point, everyone already had moved on from that. Leaving him the odd one out.

Kenshi was calmly sleeping, until a loud voice barged into his barely decorated room. He tumbled out of bed and looked around until he realized it was his teacher, informing them what was on for them today. News that if said to his starting-year-self, he would be jumping with excitement. Now? Not so much. But he was here for a reason, that hadn't changed.

After a quick shower, Kenshi put a few things in his backpack, grabbed a pair of bokken, and stepped out of his room. Wearing a black and blue track suit, and headphones playing some music that relaxed him, he went to the source of the message. He bowed his head to the teacher, and not so excitedly said "Good morning, sensei." Then, he tried to keep his distance, he really didn't want to be a nuisance to others. Either because they don't like him, because he was ruining the mood, or a combination of the two.

Rowan Thorn

rowan.jpg

It was finally time for their first real mission, bringing excitement but also nerves with it.
Rowan had packed yesterday for the trip, so all she had to do was get any last minute packing done and do a quick change and shower, all which was streamlined as she prepared for it by waking up a half an hour before the actual waking up whistle, as she had woken up before her alarm and was too nervous to go back to sleep.

She spotted Kenshi by himself, which prompted her to go up to him, if only to say hello. She hadn't really noticed that he was purposefully keeping his distance, and she herself had no one to talk to, so she went to stand near him. Before that though, she said a quick hello to Darius and Mirai, as she already knew them from their horrifying ordeal in the past.
"Hi Kenshi." Rowan said, greeting him in her usual friendly manner. He hadn't been at the hangout turned death trap with them, but that was certainly ok.She had seen the student on the first day, and he was by himself, which made the best bet for someone to possibly talk to.
This newer student, Jack Sage, she also gave a little wave to, putting the ball in his court if he wanted to say hello or stay by himself.

She left Junko and Sachiko by themselves, as they were busy with their own conversation, and she didn't want to be impolite. But if they waved or interacted with her, she would smile and talk with them as well.

Kenshi Okada
odYOpHR.jpg

Absentmindedly, Kenshi looked around the place, listening to the notes fly by in a beautiful harmony. A bit of ease came with them, Kenshi was a tad nervous, he had no idea if someone would want to team up with him during the actual training exercise. He sighed. After doing so, the sword enthusiast noticed Rowan showing up. She greeted others as usual. And to Kenshi's shock, she approached him. Looking behind him to make sure she was on her way to greet someone else, but no one stood behind Kenshi. He took off his headphones to properly hear her and not appear rude.

Despite checking, he was still shocked that Rowan actually went out of her way to greet him. "Oh. Good morning, Rowan. How are you?" He answered, the light frown of nervousness began to turn into a small smile that was slowly etching on his face.

Rowan Thorn
rowan.jpg
"I've been pretty good. Other than the whole fight with that one villain in the mall. Either way, everyone made it out alive, which is a plus." Rowan replied, her smile warm and genuine. "Maybe we'll be partnered together for the assignment. I don't know if we will. Maybe we'll all get to work in a group. Personally for me, I would have all of us work together at first. Everyone has an ability that could help." Rowan said idly, not a hundred percent sure what to talk to Kenshi about, but she put something out there, and hopefully the boy responded, or at least tried to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back