• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Davy Jones's Crew: The Red Ravens

The enthralled one left Azar to be leaned against a rock that jet out of the sandy beach before they began constructing the ship. There was a burning sensation at his nape due to all of the magic occurring, but he had started to become used to its appearance. He did not get a chance to state what he was capable of before the one that he now knew was called Luke began a test of some sort for the cat. He'd likely have to endure something similar to prove his capabilities as a medic. He could stand on his own own-- it was shaky but at least it did not look like he would immediately "eat sand" like the cat had stated earlier. Fresh water and food was still something that he sought after; the weirdo figured it would be best to suppress those desires until he was accepted officially.

The future captain of their crew was busy testing the Neko and he did not seek to interrupt them. Instead, he made his way to where Tessa ones and another women of a similar disposition had appeared. Tessa at least still looked human, the color of this women skin was not one he was acquainted with. He looked her over for a few moments with a curious glint in his eyes. "Are you like me?" he inquired, directing his question at the women that stood opposite of Tessa. All of his knowledge had aligned with things pertaining to the mundane world, not the magical. A demon was not something he had ever encountered before this island.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Demmy Demmy

Luke turned back to the zombies building. "There's not much else I need you to do. We have these zombies building, so just stand by. I'll need to see how far you can see." The owl took off again.
"Watch the owl until you can't see him any more. I suggest getting to the top of a tree

"On it~" Nikita partially sang, this time following the command more calmly than the first one. He could give it his all with this request since his life didn't feel threatened. The Neko soon spotted a nearby palm tree. Not caring who was watching him, Nikita assumed his cat form as if it was the most normal thing to do and padded swiftly over to the lumbering plant. The smaller body allowed him an easier climb to the top as well as his claws designed to do his current action. Once on top, he took his humanoid appearance again and balanced himself carefully on a thicker branch of the tree, his tail swaying on occasion to support his weight distribution. He may be scared of fights, but he certainly wasn't afraid of heights.

He kept the owl in his sights for as long as he could until it turned into a small speck against the vast ocean. Once it was completely out of sight, he rose his voice so Luke could hear him from below. "It's gone, sir!"

"On it~" Nikita partially sang, this time following the command more calmly than the first one. He could give it his all with this request since his life didn't feel threatened. The Neko soon spotted a nearby palm tree. Not caring who was watching him, Nikita assumed his cat form as if it was the most normal thing to do and padded swiftly over to the lumbering plant. The smaller body allowed him an easier climb to the top as well as his claws designed to do his current action. Once on top, he took his humanoid appearance again and balanced himself carefully on a thicker branch of the tree, his tail swaying on occasion to support his weight distribution. He may be scared of fights, but he certainly wasn't afraid of heights.

He kept the owl in his sights for as long as he could until it turned into a small speck against the vast ocean. Once it was completely out of sight, he rose his voice so Luke could hear him from below. "It's gone, sir!"

Luke looked out, his eyes shining purple again. "About how far do you think it flew before you lost sight?" This was a distance gauge test. It wasn't required, but the farther he could see the better

Luke's eyes was in calculation mode. He knew exactly how far away Zeus was even though he couldn't see him. Calculation sight allowed him to see exactly how far away a sighted target was, which made his shot nearly perfect so long as the target stayed within sight. In the case of Zeus though, he could calculate regardless of his distance away

Zeus was reaching the 2 mile mark from the island. Not that it mattered that Nikita knew exactly how far away, but Luke was just testing

Morea stifled a smirk. "Hmm, I've no idea what you are talking about. I only said that he was a cute boy," the demon replied, attempting to step away from the green light. "And what I bring? Well, I can fight and have been schooled many times. Certainly more times than any of you." That said, the demon turned her gaze to the afflicted and shook her head. "No, I am not. Though cursed you are still human. I am a demon."

Luke looked out, his eyes shining purple again. "About how far do you think it flew before you lost sight?" This was a distance gauge test. It wasn't required, but the farther he could see the better

Luke's eyes was in calculation mode. He knew exactly how far away Zeus was even though he couldn't see him. Calculation sight allowed him to see exactly how far away a sighted target was, which made his shot nearly perfect so long as the target stayed within sight. In the case of Zeus though, he could calculate regardless of his distance away

Zeus was reaching the 2 mile mark from the island. Not that it mattered that Nikita knew exactly how far away, but Luke was just testing

"Um..." Nikita paused for a moment, trying his best to judge the distance. It was difficult when there wasn't anything in the ocean to compare just how far the owl traveled. It was just endless amounts of blue... Even the sky was the same color. Squinting and making an odd sound - perhaps from deep thought - Nikita finally judged to his best ability. "Maybe a mile? I don't know why you need to know, but that sounds about right..." He looked down to Luke from where he was perched on the tree, rocking on his heels a bit. He did it so casually as if he were on the ground. "What's next, sir?" He never said it aloud, but the Neko was already assuming Luke was the higher person in command. Hence his repeated forms of honorifics.

Morea stifled a smirk. "Hmm, I've no idea what you are talking about. I only said that he was a cute boy," the demon replied, attempting to step away from the green light. "And what I bring? Well, I can fight and have been schooled many times. Certainly more times than any of you." That said, the demon turned her gaze to the afflicted and shook her head. "No, I am not. Though cursed you are still human. I am a demon."
"If fighting is the best you bring to the table, then you won't mind my testing your combat abilities." If she beat Tessa's exam, she'd land a combat role. Unless she had another role in mind, which would have a different test.

"Um..." Nikita paused for a moment, trying his best to judge the distance. It was difficult when there wasn't anything in the ocean to compare just how far the owl traveled. It was just endless amounts of blue... Even the sky was the same color. Squinting and making an odd sound - perhaps from deep thought - Nikita finally judged to his best ability. "Maybe a mile? I don't know why you need to know, but that sounds about right..." He looked down to Luke from where he was perched on the tree, rocking on his heels a bit. He did it so casually as if he were on the ground. "What's next, sir?" He never said it aloud, but the Neko was already assuming Luke was the higher person in command. Hence his repeated forms of honorifics.
"The human eye can see up to 3 miles. Zeus flew 2. I was testing to see if being a neko gave you superior sight to a human. I guess not." But then again it didn't matter on the open sea.

"Nice job, lookout. That'll be all for today. Mingle with the rest."

(He has a header now :))
Nikita header_zpstpyiyemw.png
He gave Luke one last smile before climbing his way back down the tree. The Neko kept his humanoid form making his descent with this claws raking against the tree trunk. Now that Nikita was free, he briefly wondered what he'd do next... With the Neko's build, working on that ship was a no-go for him. While he'd help with the construction in a heartbeat, the Neko knew his own limits. He'd be more of a hindrance if he tried lifting any of the materials used to help build their ticket out of here, and Nikita personally knew one to nothing about throwing together a ship anyway. He scanned the beach quickly for other things that caught his interest.

Firstly, he knew the marked man wasn't in his best shape. The guy was barely walking moments ago. While reluctant, Nikita was already reaching into his bag to grab a handful of berries he had scavenged from earlier. He quickly bounded over to him not caring what kind of activity the other could have been involved in and practically shoved the berries into the unsuspecting guy, forcing him to accept them. "Hurry, eat them," Nikita said in a rushed tone and began leaving as soon as he approached. The second thing on his mind was tugging at him heavily ever since he got here. It was that fox girl.

...How does he approach her? What does he say? The Neko found himself staring longer than he intended to until he finally urged himself to move again. He wasn't behaving his usual peppy self here, lowering his ears again and curling his tail against himself to show his submissiveness to her. "Um..." His amber eyes locked onto hers. Even like this, Nikita thought it would be best to maintain eye contact. "You're like me... But like, with fox ears... And female..." His nose twitched as he took in her scent. All he did was state the obvious in the end. No names. No introductions.

Insect Insect lilkitty lilkitty

(He has a header now :))
He gave Luke one last smile before climbing his way back down the tree. The Neko kept his humanoid form making his descent with this claws raking against the tree trunk. Now that Nikita was free, he briefly wondered what he'd do next... With the Neko's build, working on that ship was a no-go for him. While he'd help with the construction in a heartbeat, the Neko knew his own limits. He'd be more of a hindrance if he tried lifting any of the materials used to help build their ticket out of here, and Nikita personally knew one to nothing about throwing together a ship anyway. He scanned the beach quickly for other things that caught his interest.

Firstly, he knew the marked man wasn't in his best shape. The guy was barely walking moments ago. While reluctant, Nikita was already reaching into his bag to grab a handful of berries he had scavenged from earlier. He quickly bounded over to him not caring what kind of activity the other could have been involved in and practically shoved the berries into the unsuspecting guy, forcing him to accept them. "Hurry, eat them," Nikita said in a rushed tone and began leaving as soon as he approached. The second thing on his mind was tugging at him heavily ever since he got here. It was that fox girl.

...How does he approach her? What does he say? The Neko found himself staring longer than he intended to until he finally urged himself to move again. He wasn't behaving his usual peppy self here, lowering his ears again and curling his tail against himself to show his submissiveness to her. "Um..." His amber eyes locked onto hers. Even like this, Nikita thought it would be best to maintain eye contact. "You're like me... But like, with fox ears... And female..." His nose twitched as he took in her scent. All he did was state the obvious in the end. No names. No introductions.

Insect Insect lilkitty lilkitty

Sinopa raised an eyebrow and looked at the neko as he spoke with a strangely scrutinizing expression. "Yes and?" She spoke with her voice dripping with sarcasm. She wasn't much one to be stared at, nor was she a fan of people who didn't have anything productive to say to her. "I know my kind is rare, rarer than yours." She sighed giving into him, considering it looked like they'd be on the same pirate crew, at least for a while. "I'm Sinopa, and you are?" She asked letting his scent infiltrate her nostrils and examining him with her pinkish eyes.

Raiders Raiders

Sinopa raised an eyebrow and looked at the neko as he spoke with a strangely scrutinizing expression. "Yes and?" She spoke with her voice dripping with sarcasm. She wasn't much one to be stared at, nor was she a fan of people who didn't have anything productive to say to her. "I know my kind is rare, rarer than yours." She sighed giving into him, considering it looked like they'd be on the same pirate crew, at least for a while. "I'm Sinopa, and you are?" She asked letting his scent infiltrate her nostrils and examining him with her pinkish eyes.

Raiders Raiders
"Nikita..." He answered somewhat lost in his own head, allowing his eyes to wander up and down the fox one last time before stepping back. He grinned again, his ears and tail perking back up to normal. "I've never seen a female fox before. I just had to stare. Excuse my eyes~" He was back to his old self soon enough, purring again. It was a habit when he knew he was about to tease someone. "In turn, you can stare at me all you want. I don't bite." He waved her off with a flick of his tail before finally moving to introduce himself to the others. He'd love to chat longer - Nikita was more than capable of doing that - but it'd be rude to leave the rest nameless. He knew Sinopa now, Azar, Luke, Tessa, and lastly... It was the girl with the weird skin tone. She didn't smell familiar or natural like the others. It got the same reaction out of the Neko like he did with Azar when he first met him, the hair on the back of his neck was standing up again.

"So, you're part of the crew, too?" He didn't gaze her down as harshly as he did Sinopa, but he was eyeing her. "Name's Nikita. What's yours? You smell kinda weird." He blatantly said it out loud, not caring what it sounded like to the other person. It made sense to say that in his mind.

Demmy Demmy

The small group had now began making small talk and introductions, nothing that entertained the demon much. But as the neko caught her attention she figured it was best to play along. "Nikita? How cute..." Yet nauseating, the demon added in her head. "Call me Morea."

The small group had now began making small talk and introductions, nothing that entertained the demon much. But as the neko caught her attention she figured it was best to play along. "Nikita? How cute..." Yet nauseating, the demon added in her head. "Call me Morea."
"Ah, thanks. At least there's someone here that's honest with their opinion~" Nikita kept smiling brightly from what he considered to be a complement. Although at times he does know that his sunshiny attitude isn't always appreciated by everyone... Not that he cared. "Your name has a nice ring to it too, but... Um, what are you?" He tilted his head a bit to the side, his eyes keeping direct contact with Morea's.

Demmy Demmy

(Um, I guess I'm doing this right? Kylesar1 Kylesar1 is this what you wanted us to do?)

"Ah, thanks. At least there's someone here that's honest with their opinion~" Nikita kept smiling brightly from what he considered to be a complement. Although at times he does know that his sunshiny attitude isn't always appreciated by everyone... Not that he cared. "Your name has a nice ring to it too, but... Um, what are you?" He tilted his head a bit to the side, his eyes keeping direct contact with Morea's.

Demmy Demmy

(Um, I guess I'm doing this right? Kylesar1 Kylesar1 is this what you wanted us to do?)

(I'm preparing the first arc. I just need to see if all players are still in)

Demmy Demmy Bacon is fluffy Bacon is fluffy lilkitty lilkitty Raiders Raiders

1 Week Later

After a week of intense zombie work and planning, the ship was complete. This ship wasn't much. It looked like an overgrown raft, but it would suffice until landfall. The sails were made from sown together clothes taken from dead pirates. It was highly inefficient and wouldn't last in the long run. There was only 1 cannon and no cannon balls, so Tessa would have to launch giant magic bolts.

Over the week, they had to defend their land as word got out that their ship was coming along amazingly. Luke was now out of ammo, so they needed to leave and fast

Here woke up in the morning to find their zombies out keeping watch. "Oi! Wake up! I hope you all prepared your food last night because we don't have time for breakfast. Let's go!"

lilkitty lilkitty Bacon is fluffy Bacon is fluffy Demmy Demmy Magical Squid Senpai Magical Squid Senpai Raiders Raiders

Kuma hadn't really been on that island for too long. She didn't really feel like doing anything yet. 'I should probably build a raft at least. Where would I go?' The thought alone was giving her a headache. So instead of doing anything productive, she decided to just take a nap instead. Maybe when she woke up she would know what to do. Kuma plopped down under a tree and rested.
Little did she know that she had slept until the next week. Oops.Sitting up and brushing the sand out of her hair, Kuma walked around the island looking for something to do. She finally noticed that there were others on the island too! 'Maybe they would let me join them?'

(I hope I wasn't too late.)
Anyone Anyone ? or everyone I guess.

Kuma hadn't really been on that island for too long. She didn't really feel like doing anything yet. 'I should probably build a raft at least. Where would I go?' The thought alone was giving her a headache. So instead of doing anything productive, she decided to just take a nap instead. Maybe when she woke up she would know what to do. Kuma plopped down under a tree and rested.
Little did she know that she had slept until the next week. Oops.Sitting up and brushing the sand out of her hair, Kuma walked around the island looking for something to do. She finally noticed that there were others on the island too! 'Maybe they would let me join them?'

(I hope I wasn't too late.)
Anyone Anyone ? or everyone I guess.

Luke pulled out his daggers as he was out of ammo. He sighed. "I'm tired of fighting. If you're not here to join, keep walking."

Kuma inspected the tiny ship, if you could even call it that. In order to show that she wasn't a threat, she chose to use her human form.
"Hehe, no need for the weapons. If I may, I actually wouldn't mind joining you! It could be interesting."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Nikita was already up to Luke's earlier call. Today was the day. It was time for them to finally leave this death-filled island to other, better places. Nikita wanted to add safer to that list, but based on his crew being made of pirates used to the thrill of having their lives on the line, that was probably only a dream and nothing more. The Neko was well over prepared for their trip as far as food and water went. Since he wasn't all that much useful in either building or close-range combat, he made sure to stockpile as much as he could. His bag was full of various fruits, and some pieces of jerky that the Neko managed to dry on their stay here. He did some hunting on this island with his rifle, but that did leave Nikita with only three bullets left...

His inspection of his inventory was interrupted when he heard the voice of a female newcomer. His first instinct was to take in her scent, but whatever kind of information that his sniffing usually gave him was halted by his shock. This lady... She was horribly tall. She towered over Nikita. The Neko looked between Luke and the newcomer, feeling extremely on edge. "S-sir... She could probably snap all of us like twigs..."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Magical Squid Senpai Magical Squid Senpai

Nikita was already up to Luke's earlier call. Today was the day. It was time for them to finally leave this death-filled island to other, better places. Nikita wanted to add safer to that list, but based on his crew being made of pirates used to the thrill of having their lives on the line, that was probably only a dream and nothing more. The Neko was well over prepared for their trip as far as food and water went. Since he wasn't all that much useful in either building or close-range combat, he made sure to stockpile as much as he could. His bag was full of various fruits, and some pieces of jerky that the Neko managed to dry on their stay here. He did some hunting on this island with his rifle, but that did leave Nikita with only three bullets left...

His inspection of his inventory was interrupted when he heard the voice of a female newcomer. His first instinct was to take in her scent, but whatever kind of information that his sniffing usually gave him was halted by his shock. This lady... She was horribly tall. She towered over Nikita. The Neko looked between Luke and the newcomer, feeling extremely on edge. "S-sir... She could probably snap all of us like twigs..."

Kuma inspected the tiny ship, if you could even call it that. In order to show that she wasn't a threat, she chose to use her human form.
"Hehe, no need for the weapons. If I may, I actually wouldn't mind joining you! It could be interesting."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Tessa whispered in Luke's ear. "She's an oni. Highly ferocious. To the trained eye, you can see that she radiates inhuman strength....... Unless you can put a dagger in her eyes, don't try anything." She knew Luke could........

......but Tessa knew about supernatural stuff and she wouldn't lie to him. Plus, this newcomer didn't come here to fight. "Then I'll assume you to be a brawler, according to my partner. There's no need for an initiation test. We're about to leave now, so all aboard."

"Hehe, like I had said. There is no need to be afraid of me! Well not anymore atleast." She smiled down at the short Neko male. It had been such a long time since she had seen one that didnt look like a giant wet hairy rat. The other boy looked plain but he had an air about him that seemed very captain like. But the most interesting was the Witch girl definitely.
"By the way, my name is Kuma and your names are?"

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Raiders Raiders

"Hehe, like I had said. There is no need to be afraid of me! Well not anymore atleast." She smiled down at the short Neko male. It had been such a long time since she had seen one that didnt look like a giant wet hairy rat. The other boy looked plain but he had an air about him that seemed very captain like. But the most interesting was the Witch girl definitely.
"By the way, my name is Kuma and your names are?"

Luke put up his guns. "My name's Luke. This here is my first mate......"

"Actual mate....."

"......First mate, Tessa. We're about to head back to land." He pulled himself onto the ship then helped Tessa up. "Let's go ahead before anyone else tries to hijack or destroy this ship." While the ship was for temporary use, it was still very much stable, so as long as kuma didn't change, it'd easily hold all of them on it

He knew that Kuma meant no harm when she smiled like that, but Nikita couldn't help but feel more intimidated than before... That grin didn't help, and Tessa pointing out that she was an oni only added to that. The Neko never saw one this closely before; even with her simply being in her human form was quite unsettling. He gave his name, but he didn't sound as confident as Tessa and Luke. Nikita sounded considerably timider. He still managed to pull off a nervous smile, though. "It's Nikita..." Unlike the friendly introductions he gave his other crew mates, this one was far more withdrawn. He hopped easily onto the ship in one swift movement and muttered to Luke, hoping Kuma couldn't hear him. "Is this a good idea, sir? I feel like she's gonna... eat me..."

Kuma bowed towards the captain and his firts mate. She guessed that they had known each other for some time, way longer than either of them may have known any of the others.

Stepping onto the small ship with the others she was glad to know the ship could hold her form. Both forms if she wanted to. That would've been bad if it didn't.
"...Eat me..." Kuma heard the little neko say. Nikita, he had called himself, didn't seem to trust her. That was fine. She kind of found if cute and funny. "Don't worry Nikita, I haven't had any neko in a long time. I actually can't remember if I liked it or not..." She chuckled a bit, "But don't worry im not hungry right now. Hopefully we all have enough food."

Morea sat watching from the side of the ship. Unlike the others she didn't need any sleep, it was more a recreational hobby and a good way to preserve strength when needed. That aside her interested was easily caught by their newest partner. It had been a while since she had met an oni. Certainly a lesson she wasn't going to forget soon. Shr'd stay away from that one.

The ship set sail off the island with a bunch of angry and desperate pirates trying to follow them and board the ship.

Luke looked out to the open sea. "Glad to be out on the open sea again." He said with a longing sigh. No more pointless fighting. No more coconuts and fish. No more stench of death. Just him and a ragtag crew. "We'll go to land, eat some REAL food and see what kind of ship we can get our hands on."
Demmy Demmy Magical Squid Senpai Magical Squid Senpai Raiders Raiders lilkitty lilkitty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back