• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Davy Jones's Crew: The Red Ravens

Nikita could barely lift both their weights when the marked man flinched the way he did, and the action got a low, rumbling growl from the Neko's throat. He didn't know what caused the man to do that, but he did know they nearly collapsed just now. "Do that again, and we'll be eating sand ...Oh."

He could see the lady from earlier come closer to them, joined with a group of pirates that Nikita deemed all saw a ghost. With the way their eyes were devoid of color, they looked very creepy. This time, his tail wasn't tucked between his legs just because he was helping someone. He made the safe assumption that she did that to them. He knew she probably won't do anything to them, but good lord woman, you sure know how to scare the fur off this Neko... In response to the marked man's remark about the woman, Nikita flicked a single ear as he listened and reassured back, "Don't worry. She won't do anything to us... I hope." As long as he didn't do anything out of line, they should be fine. She didn't harm him the first time he ran into to her, so certainly she wouldn't try to fight them now? Besides, it'd be far too cruel to leave this man here and make a run for it. That would be the next thing Nikita would keep on his conscious among other disheartening deeds he'd done. Well... to be fair that would only be one, but still, he didn't want to abandon this man.

"Hey, uh... If you're here to help us, then great. If not then we'd best be on our way now, not bothering you... Please don't kill us or turn us into those, er, zombie-looking guys you got there." Nikita flashed a small grin and began to make his slow shuffle across the sand with the marked man in tow. He can't get anywhere too fast like this.

Insect Insect Kylesar1 Kylesar1

She smiled at them, as if she didn't have zombies in tow. "No worries, I'm just lost. Taking my new toys to help Luke build our ship out of here. I wouldn't turn a neko into a zombie because they're better as pets, and I'll take on that curse if I enslave someone else's accursed."

Tessa came closer. Her eyes flashed a malevolent red and one of the enslaved picked up the accursed one like a ragdoll. She knew the curse he was under and how her using magic affected him, but they'd definitely die before the neko made it somewhere safe, so pain was a small price to pay. "I'll have this toy carry you where you desire. Just keep in mind that safety is a virtue on this island."
Insect Insect Raiders Raiders

Despite her believe that the part of that sentence that she believed most was the dying trying she still nodded softly. "You can't tell a thief not to steal; but I'll try" The sentence came out slowly as she knew that he would probably hold her to her word, and would most likely harm her if she did steal from him. "Who are you anyway, and your partner? I assume you've been on a crew previously"
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
"One slip and you're dead, so we're past that now."

"Luke" he said in response to her question. "My partner is named Tessa, a witchdoctor and who'll raise enough dead pirates to get us to land if we don't have a crew. I don't think there's a single person on this island who hasn't been on a crew, because a normal person would be dead by now."

The ship was starting to take a little form, but it was still heavily unfinished. Still unable to be recognized as a future ship.

Azar held in a gasp when the enthralled one sparked to life, the pain was as imminent as whatever spell the women used. The enthralled one lifted him with ease that did not befit his stature. The accursed one had just arrived on this island so he did not understand the geography. He wanted somewhere safe where he could rest, but did not know where such a place would appear. His two new "comrades" appeared to be well acquainted with their surroundings on the plus side. "I have no real destination in mind. I am just looking for a safe place where I may rest my head. If you could take me there, I would be grateful," he said in a low tone, not seeking to anger the witch-doctor. He knew better than anyone else what sort of terrible powers one of their kind could possess.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Raiders Raiders

"One slip and you're dead, so we're past that now."

"Luke" he said in response to her question. "My partner is named Tessa, a witchdoctor and who'll raise enough dead pirates to get us to land if we don't have a crew. I don't think there's a single person on this island who hasn't been on a crew, because a normal person would be dead by now."

The ship was starting to take a little form, but it was still heavily unfinished. Still unable to be recognized as a future ship.

"So what you're saying is its an island of pirates?" Sinopa smiled sarcastically. That sounded like both her kind of people and people she would never want to be trapped on an island with. "Sounds like you need to get out of here as soon as possible, and to do that you're going to need a real crew. Not just a bunch of undead pirates that your partner controls"

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Nikita let out a soft sigh once the weight was off his shoulders. He was relieved from both the woman's response and from having to carry someone around. His smile came much easier now as he placed his rifle back in its correct place on his back. He didn't want to aggravate anyone by keeping it drawn for no reason. "Mm, do you know a good place then, lady? I'd suggest one, but I'm pretty sure this guy won't fit in a tree..." For Nikita at least, trees were a safe haven. All he had to do was use his cat form, climb up one, and he was safe for the night. As he waited for a response, he allowed his eyes to rest on the marked man. He still couldn't figure out what could cause him to look like that... Nikita's best guess was that the man was a witch-doctor like the woman was here - she has proved herself to be one-, but even then that couldn't have been right either... He gave up on guessing. He'll just ask later when everything gets settled down.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Insect Insect

"So what you're saying is its an island of pirates?" Sinopa smiled sarcastically. That sounded like both her kind of people and people she would never want to be trapped on an island with. "Sounds like you need to get out of here as soon as possible, and to do that you're going to need a real crew. Not just a bunch of undead pirates that your partner controls"

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
"I'm just looking to get to land. A ship built on this island won't last long, but undead crew will get me to land. When I get to land, I'll look for a real crew."

"If you're looking to join the crew, I need the manpower to get this thing built. Consider that your initiation. Help me build or go gather food."

Azar held in a gasp when the enthralled one sparked to life, the pain was as imminent as whatever spell the women used. The enthralled one lifted him with ease that did not befit his stature. The accursed one had just arrived on this island so he did not understand the geography. He wanted somewhere safe where he could rest, but did not know where such a place would appear. His two new "comrades" appeared to be well acquainted with their surroundings on the plus side. "I have no real destination in mind. I am just looking for a safe place where I may rest my head. If you could take me there, I would be grateful," he said in a low tone, not seeking to anger the witch-doctor. He knew better than anyone else what sort of terrible powers one of their kind could possess.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Raiders Raiders

Nikita let out a soft sigh once the weight was off his shoulders. He was relieved from both the woman's response and from having to carry someone around. His smile came much easier now as he placed his rifle back in its correct place on his back. He didn't want to aggravate anyone by keeping it drawn for no reason. "Mm, do you know a good place then, lady? I'd suggest one, but I'm pretty sure this guy won't fit in a tree..." For Nikita at least, trees were a safe haven. All he had to do was use his cat form, climb up one, and he was safe for the night. As he waited for a response, he allowed his eyes to rest on the marked man. He still couldn't figure out what could cause him to look like that... Nikita's best guess was that the man was a witch-doctor like the woman was here - she has proved herself to be one-, but even then that couldn't have been right either... He gave up on guessing. He'll just ask later when everything gets settled down.

Tessa looked towards where Luke's familiar magic was. "The only safe spot is where my partner is. I can kill you both if you try anything funny, so I'm not worried." All she had to do was use magic against the neko and the curse would end up killing the accursed one after enough attacks. It didn't exactly make a good impression to talk about how she'd kill them, but on this island, it was imperative that they know

Tessa started walking, the zombies in tow with the accursed one. "I'll need both your names. Mine is Tessa. My partner is named Luke. We're building a ship out of here."

So the women had had a partner somewhere, another witchdoctor? One witchdoctor was already enough to handle. Including another into the equation would only serve to complicate things even further. He had feared magic for good reason and the infliction in her voice did not ease his concerns. The way the women spoke about killing him so simply made him grimace slightly. Although Tessa did not seem to be the sort of person that would inflict cruelty upon others unnecessarily. So for now he would trust her. "I am called Azar. I was the medic for the crew called the Bridgeknock pirates," he said simply. His face seemed to light up at the mention of a ship and he felt the immediate need to prove his value. The way things were right now, he did not look like he would be useful to anybody. He expected her to be skeptical given the current circumstances, but it was worth the try.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Raiders Raiders

Last edited:
Now the other scent had a name... Nikita started his own casual gait following the now-named Tessa. "The name's Nikita. Nice to meet you... Tessa. Azar." He placed his hands behind his head, watching the path ahead of him. The woman mentioned her plans to build a ship out here to him before, but perhaps this time he should finally steel himself and blatantly ask about joining Tessa and Luke's efforts. It would sure beat trying to survive alone every day, surrounded by the constant threat of being killed by an angered pirate. Nikita never openly complained about it, but the living conditions he's currently enduring... Any more of it, and he might go mad like some of the other pirates he has seen before. "Mmm, and that's why you're controlling these unfortunate guys then. To help build your ship." He'd occasionally look at the puppets Tessa had under her command as they continued, still feeling a little jumpy walking this close to them.

So the women had had a partner somewhere, another witchdoctor? One witchdoctor was already enough to handle. Including another into the equation would only serve to complicate things even further. He had feared magic for good reason and the infliction in her voice did not ease his concerns. The way the women spoke about killing him so simply made him grimace slightly. Although Tessa did not seem to be the sort of person that would inflict cruelty upon others unnecessarily. So for now he would trust her. "I am called Azar. I was the medic for the crew called the Bridgeknock pirates," he said simply. His face seemed to light up at the mention of a ship and he felt the immediate need to prove his value. The way things were right now, he did not look like he would be useful to anybody. He expected her to be skeptical given the current circumstances, but it was worth the try.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Raiders Raiders

Now the other scent had a name... Nikita started his own casual gait following the now-named Tessa. "The name's Nikita. Nice to meet you... Tessa. Azar." He placed his hands behind his head, watching the path ahead of him. The woman mentioned her plans to build a ship out here to him before, but perhaps this time he should finally steel himself and blatantly ask about joining Tessa and Luke's efforts. It would sure beat trying to survive alone every day, surrounded by the constant threat of being killed by an angered pirate. Nikita never openly complained about it, but the living conditions he's currently enduring... Any more of it, and he might go mad like some of the other pirates he has seen before. "Mmm, and that's why you're controlling these unfortunate guys then. To help build your ship." He'd occasionally look at the puppets Tessa had under her command as they continued, still feeling a little jumpy walking this close to them.

"A medic, eh? You could be of great use on a crew. Not many pirates know of the healing arts, and all mine have to do with lifting curses and healing by stealing another's life force." While soul stealing was highly useful, it was situational and not many approved of its use, so a medic was imperative.

"The toys will be worked until the ship is done, then they'll be released. If they die in the process, then that's just unfortunate. Not enough food to waste on zombies. Anyways, nice to meet you Nikita and Azar. Would you like to join our crew?

Morea hummed a soft tune to herself as she tied her hair back using the wet ribbon. Unfortunately for her, it didn't match anything she was wearing, but then again, it wasn't like the girl who had washed up on sure knew she was going to loose it. Or her life. It was a simple task to hold the girl under the water - she had barely put up a fight in her exhausted state - and now the purple-haired woman returned to her daily walk along the beach, looking out for anything that might interest her. It usually took her a few days to make a round trip on the island and so when she came across what looked to be the makings of a ship, it most certainly interested her. Now quite she made her way over to the site, careful to keep whatever structure between her and whomever might already be there. Once close enough, she stopped and listened to the conversation for a bit. There seemed to be at least two.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 lilkitty lilkitty

When Luke got back to work, he saw another newcomer standing by. He pointed his pistols at her. "Unless you're here to join my crew, we have no business with each other, so keep walking." What they were building was obvious, so the reason they were building should become clear given the circumstances.

Demmy Demmy

Utilizing the enthralled as slaves to construct a ship was quite the well-thought out plan. As terrifying and amoral as it was it sure beat having to construct one on your lonesome. The fact that she offered him a position on their ship with little hesitation had surprised him. The women was a witchdoctor so she knew what his curse meant. That meant that she was either kind or desperate. Considering that the island would likely not be filled with the most pleasant individuals it was the latter. He would accept in a way that was similar to how she offered; without any hesitation. "I will do all I can to keep you and your friend healthy and functioning," the man retorted. He doubted a chance like this would appear a second time, he'd be a fool to deny it.

"Hmm?" Morea tilted her head a bit. "A crew, you say. And you're willing to allow me aboard?" She shook her head and stepped away from the structure, standing one foot at first and then shuffling to the other while she talked. "You must be awfully desperate. None-the-less. I shall accept." She murmured with a smile. "What might your name be?"

"Hmm?" Morea tilted her head a bit. "A crew, you say. And you're willing to allow me aboard?" She shook her head and stepped away from the structure, standing one foot at first and then shuffling to the other while she talked. "You must be awfully desperate. None-the-less. I shall accept." She murmured with a smile. "What might your name be?"
"Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. My partner can raise the dead. If we don't have a crew, an undead one will suffice until I get to land. I'm just offering you a way off this rock. Cross me and you die. Plain and simple." Luke kept on working. The ship was coming under way, but still had a ways to go. About 20% complete with Luke alone working. It'd get done faster once Tessa arrived with the slaves.

Utilizing the enthralled as slaves to construct a ship was quite the well-thought out plan. As terrifying and amoral as it was it sure beat having to construct one on your lonesome. The fact that she offered him a position on their ship with little hesitation had surprised him. The women was a witchdoctor so she knew what his curse meant. That meant that she was either kind or desperate. Considering that the island would likely not be filled with the most pleasant individuals it was the latter. He would accept in a way that was similar to how she offered; without any hesitation. "I will do all I can to keep you and your friend healthy and functioning," the man retorted. He doubted a chance like this would appear a second time, he'd be a fool to deny it.
"I'm not the type to take advantage of one's weakness unless I'm threatened. I hope that you'll be very trustworthy as a medic." Tessa knew these two weren't threats, plus it was pleasant talking to the Neko..........or at least as pleasant as it could get on the island.

They soon made it to where Luke was, talking with yet another newcomer. She flashed an uncharacteristically cute smile at him, with pink cheeks. "Hey Luke. I brought you berries and some manpower"

Luke nodded and thanked her. Shoving a mouth full of berries, he turned to Azar and Nikita. "A neko and a weirdo........." He didn't know much about curses. ".......What exactly do you two bring to the table?"
lilkitty lilkitty
Insect Insect
Demmy Demmy

Nikita took a moment to look at the new people they came across, still being cautious about his surroundings. He could confirm now that Luke was the other smell Nikita was able to identify off of Tessa. That faint one from that same woman - Tessa was behaving differently around Luke now that the Neko noticed it - was the owl still perched on Luke's shoulder. He thought to keep an owl as a pet was odd. The other girl standing near the boat was giving him bad signals, but the Neko wasn't allowed to dwell on that long when his mind was easily distracted by the other being with ears on his head like his. She had a tail, too, albeit hers was a fox's and his a cat. He stared longer than he should have. So females do exist, and not just males... She wasn't exactly a Neko like he was, but she had fox parts. For once, Nikita had nothing to say. The usually talkative Neko couldn't find his words for a brief moment.

Shaking his head, he can't allow himself to act like that anymore. Luke asked him a question, right? He'd better answer it. Smiling a little as if trying to forget what he just did, Nikita waved his tail slowly side to side as he spoke. "I may not be all burly like some seasoned fighters, but my aim with my rifle is on point." He pretended to aim an invisible one directly at Luke's face, closing one eye. "I can pick up scents a mile away, hear the sound of a pin falling on a pillow, and I can talk all of you guys' ears offs... Heh." He then stood upright and placed his hands back down to his sides. "Besides, who wouldn't want a cute cat like me?" Nikita was clearly enjoying himself, purring in content as he took a sideways glance at Tessa. "She wanted me to be her pet anyway~" Ah, it's been ages since he could tease people like this. It felt great.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 lilkitty lilkitty

Tessa blushed again, a comeback from her usual self (confident and a bit threatening) now a pile of static in her brain around Luke. "Well.....I-i thought a neko could be um........" She got fidgety and that last part talked off a bit. ".......A good lookout." Truthfully she did think he was cute, especially in cat form

Luke smirked. "A good shot, eh? Zeus, take off with some wood." The owl grabbed a piece of wood with it's talons and flew high and fast until he was pretty far. He then pointed his gun directly at the neko's head. "With a rifle you don't have long to shoot in battle, but you have good sight, so I'll up your time: blast that wood out of his talons in 10 seconds. You hit my owl and I shoot." Shooting a far away and fast moving target while avoiding the carrier. Could he do it to become a lookout?

While Zeus was moving around, the wood stayed clear in sight. There was not a single moment where Zeus got between the wood and the shooter.
Raiders Raiders

Sinopa observed all of these interactions quietly near the ship. She noted how his greeting to the strange newcomer was almost exactly what he'd said to her when she first walked up. Though that she didn't mind, it was when his partner arrived with more people that she started focusing more. Her attention was drawn to the neko, just as his was drawn to her. Though she saw him due to the feeling of being watched, it was strange seeing someone else with ears and a tail but it was obvious that he was more catlike as opposed to her foxy attributes. She turned her head quickly, not liking the feeling of being watched and began to do something that resembled work before quickly stopping mostly because she just didn't feel like it.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Raiders Raiders

Nikita's ears lowered and his tail quickly went between his legs as soon as that gun was aimed at him. He gave Luke an absolute look of horror, but he did find some part of his brain that functioned and told him to grab his rifle. "S-sir...!" Lowering his sights and trying to aim correctly at the wood as fast as he could, Nikita held his breath and fired. The loud sound of the rifle echoed through the span of the beach they stood on... With it, the heavy recoil caused Nikita to lose his balance for a moment and he stumbled backward. He couldn't prepare himself to take the appropriate posture in just those ten seconds, and it left his shoulder in a dull bit of pain because of it.

The bullet he fired didn't directly hit the wood the owl carried, but it did graze the edge of it. Nikita's just glad that he didn't hit the owl. Realizing this, the Neko had this desperate look in his eye as he attempted to explain himself to Luke. He lowered his rifle so he wouldn't accidentally aim it at anyone, and his small frame began to visibly shake. "H-hey... Um, that was too much, right?! How can I hit a moving target without warning in just ten seconds?! With a flippin' gun to my head?! Y-you're insane..."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Nikita's ears lowered and his tail quickly went between his legs as soon as that gun was aimed at him. He gave Luke an absolute look of horror, but he did find some part of his brain that functioned and told him to grab his rifle. "S-sir...!" Lowering his sights and trying to aim correctly at the wood as fast as he could, Nikita held his breath and fired. The loud sound of the rifle echoed through the span of the beach they stood on... With it, the heavy recoil caused Nikita to lose his balance for a moment and he stumbled backward. He couldn't prepare himself to take the appropriate posture in just those ten seconds, and it left his shoulder in a dull bit of pain because of it.

The bullet he fired didn't directly hit the wood the owl carried, but it did graze the edge of it. Nikita's just glad that he didn't hit the owl. Realizing this, the Neko had this desperate look in his eye as he attempted to explain himself to Luke. He lowered his rifle so he wouldn't accidentally aim it at anyone, and his small frame began to visibly shake. "H-hey... Um, that was too much, right?! How can I hit a moving target without warning in just ten seconds?! With a flippin' gun to my head?! Y-you're insane..."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Luke laughed. "I didn't expect you to blow the wood up. A hit is a hit. Most wouldn't have gotten close."
Luke's eyes shone a bright purple. He aimed his pistol at Zeus and shot. Even though the wood was nearly out of the rifle's effective range (So more than triple the effective range of a pistol) the wood exploded out of Zeus's talons. With that amount of power, those pistols weren't just for show. The owl flew back and perched on Luke's shoulder again. "Welcome to the crew, lookout.

Last edited:
"...It's not funny when you threaten a guy like that." Nikita frowned, his cheeks warming from embarrassment. To add insult to injury, too, Luke just straight up shot the wooden plank like it was nothing. With a pistol. From a range a rifle could barely reach. It sure put his own shot to shame just watching Luke do it. The Neko stored his rifle away once he deemed it was unneeded. His small bout of unhappiness didn't stay with him long, though. When Luke welcomed him to the crew, his grin soon returned to him and his ears perked up. "Really?! You mean it?!" Nikita kept looking at him with wide eyes, similar to an excited child. His emotions did a complete 180 upon the simple words Luke spoke. "I won't disappoint you, sir!" He truly thought for a moment that they'd send him away or something based on his shot.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Morea narrowed her eyes at the boy's reply and crossed her arms. "That's not much of a name. But I have no intent on crossing you. At least, not unless you deserve it." Once the words were spoken, the demon took another step back as the new group approached. The girl she took to be magical of some kind, perhaps a witch, the boy was cursed, she could tell but the last was a neko. An overly excktable one at that. She doubted she would get along with any of them.

"...It's not funny when you threaten a guy like that." Nikita frowned, his cheeks warming from embarrassment. To add insult to injury, too, Luke just straight up shot the wooden plank like it was nothing. With a pistol. From a range a rifle could barely reach. It sure put his own shot to shame just watching Luke do it. The Neko stored his rifle away once he deemed it was unneeded. His small bout of unhappiness didn't stay with him long, though. When Luke welcomed him to the crew, his grin soon returned to him and his ears perked up. "Really?! You mean it?!" Nikita kept looking at him with wide eyes, similar to an excited child. His emotions did a complete 180 upon the simple words Luke spoke. "I won't disappoint you, sir!" He truly thought for a moment that they'd send him away or something based on his shot.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Luke turned back to the zombies building. "There's not much else I need you to do. We have these zombies building, so just stand by. I'll need to see how far you can see." The owl took off again.
"Watch the owl until you can't see him any more. I suggest getting to the top of a tree

Morea narrowed her eyes at the boy's reply and crossed her arms. "That's not much of a name. But I have no intent on crossing you. At least, not unless you deserve it." Once the words were spoken, the demon took another step back as the new group approached. The girl she took to be magical of some kind, perhaps a witch, the boy was cursed, she could tell but the last was a neko. An overly excktable one at that. She doubted she would get along with any of them.

While the zombies built, Tessa approached the demon. Since the demon was away from the group, Tessa returned to her more threatening side. "A hellspawn. I'm Luke's partner, Tessa. A witchdoctor. Did Luke give you an initiation test?" A demon was certainly an oddity here on the island. The only one in fact

Morea watched the spectacle with a bored expression, considering playing some tricks on the poor neko but as the girl approach, she decided against such fun. The change in the girl's demeanour had caught the demon's attention and now she considering having fun with the girl. It wouldn't be that hard, just a few correctly placed sentences. "Luke is it?" She asked, glancing towards said boy. "Such a cute name to fit a cute boy, no?" Morea giggled, covering her smile as she did so. "But no, I don't believe he mentioned anything of the sort. I simply must not cross him. But, why would I want to see him mad? Unless, is he cute when he's mad?" Of course, she didn't mean it. In fact, the demon held no feelings for him at all.

Morea watched the spectacle with a bored expression, considering playing some tricks on the poor neko but as the girl approach, she decided against such fun. The change in the girl's demeanour had caught the demon's attention and now she considering having fun with the girl. It wouldn't be that hard, just a few correctly placed sentences. "Luke is it?" She asked, glancing towards said boy. "Such a cute name to fit a cute boy, no?" Morea giggled, covering her smile as she did so. "But no, I don't believe he mentioned anything of the sort. I simply must not cross him. But, why would I want to see him mad? Unless, is he cute when he's mad?" Of course, she didn't mean it. In fact, the demon held no feelings for him at all.
Tessa smiled. Green appeared at her feet as spirits swirled around her. "I deal with hundreds of spirits daily, hellspawn. If I lose myself to anger, I can lose my body. You're barking up the wrong tree.......now what do you bring to the table?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back