• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Darkness refracted through Water (1x1 Between GimmickPuppet and NotAllThatCreative)

FactionParadox

The 'flow' is always a calamity.
Mark was awoken from his meditation by two guards holding sub-machineguns, specifically MP7's. He was familiar with them, as his Grandfather had bought one from Germany and smuggled it back to the UK. He allowed the handcuffs to be placed on him without any resistance, his face remained expressionless as he was marched down the hall, the lights flickering constantly. The prison was falling into disrepair, as the Council had no money to fix it, according to them. He got the odd glare from new prisoners, unaware of his previous crimes committed in here as of yet. They all found out sooner or later, which changed their attitudes towards him considerably. He was known to the press as "The Hosepipe Killer", due to the what some considered sadistic ways he murdered several people. He didn't consider them so, and what others thought of his "crimes" were to him, irrelevant.

He was eventually taken to a small room with 2 chairs and a cold steel table with a notepad and a black inked pen, the same setup as he had been used to during these past "talks" between him and various psychologists and psychiatrists. They were all the same, probing and falsely polite. They really wanted the death penalty back so they could execute him. He hoped this new one would be different, as he was starting to get bored by all the usual idiots he was forced to talk to. He saw the door open and was for once satisfied with what he saw. The woman sitting before him looked... Interesting.

Lacey was quietly reading over a file in front of her. It's what she did before she would start a session. She'd read over the notes and everything else within the folder, trying to gather up information on her patient. She wasn't trying to be nosy, that was the furthest thing from her mind, just trying to figure them out before she would greet them face to face. Her eyes drifted up as she heard the door open. She said nothing and turned back to her file. Nodding quietly, she closed it and set it down in front of her on the table.

She turned her full attention to Mark and studied him quietly. He didn't seem irritated or anything of the sorts judging by body movement. She hummed thoughtfully in a quiet manner and leaned back into her seat. At the moment, she was silently watching him, trying to see if he'd try anything during this session. Once she figured out that he wasn't misbehaved, she sat up in her chair and interlaced her fingers, setting them down in her lap. "Good morning." She said, her tone of voice was polite and she was just trying to be nice.

"Good Morning." Mark replied, his voice without any sort of emotion or tone, near-robotic. Mark too interlaced his fingers, bending his elbows, he rested his chin on top of his fingers, looking at Lacey. "Your accent... You come from Normandy, or somewhere in the north of France, am I correct?" Mark asked, slightly curious. His brownish-blond hair hung loosely around his ears, his eyes were black as night, their gaze drawing you in like a star into a black hole. He had a lot of freckles, but a sallow complexion, as if he had not had much sunlight as a child. "I imagine you're here to try and get into my head, like all the others. I'll let you in, but I'm afraid if I'm giving away parts of my history, you give away yours too. Quid Pro Quo." Mark said, deciding that he wanted to know more about her.

(Give me a bit and I'll respond. Trying to do some homework.)

GimmickPuppet said:
"Good Morning." Mark replied, his voice without any sort of emotion or tone, near-robotic. Mark too interlaced his fingers, bending his elbows, he rested his chin on top of his fingers, looking at Lacey. "Your accent... You come from Normandy, or somewhere in the north of France, am I correct?" Mark asked, slightly curious. His brownish-blond hair hung loosely around his ears, his eyes were black as night, their gaze drawing you in like a star into a black hole. He had a lot of freckles, but a sallow complexion, as if he had not had much sunlight as a child. "I imagine you're here to try and get into my head, like all the others. I'll let you in, but I'm afraid if I'm giving away parts of my history, you give away yours too. Quid Pro Quo." Mark said, deciding that he wanted to know more about her.
"Domfront, yes." Lacey confirmed and gave a short nod. She watched him closely and kept her mouth closed. Raising an eyebrow, she looked curious as to why he wanted to know about her. Most of her patients just agreed to her terms and would answer her questions, most in an unwilling manner. "And why do you want know about me?" She voiced her curiosity and tilted her head. "I'm not all that interesting." Shaking her head, she leaned back into her seat and seemed a little confused at his request.

"Because you intrigue me. You're very different from the others. All six I have seen previously were middle aged men who were falsely polite, uninteresting, stereotypical fools. They all wanted to see me hang, their eyes said it, no matter how much they tried to hide it under false manners and common courtesy. Your eyes are absent of that glare..." Mark said, blinking for the first time since they talked.

"That's because I don't care to make a bad impression or make my patients hate me." Lacey shook her head and frowned at the thought. That seemed too cruel. Everybody deserved kindness even if they were the worse person on the earth. "I suppose you can learn about me..." It was a rsiky move but if it made him happy, she'd go through with it.

((Life and it's endless interference. My apologies are in order.)) "That was rather rude of you, Lacey. You know how I feel about rudeness, I do not tolerate it from anybody." Mark replied, his expressionless mouth frowning. "Then I shall explain my own life to you as well. I was born in a small village in Hampshire called Romsey. It is nothing particularly unique about it, your stereotypical storybook English village. I grew up there with my Grandfather when I was 6, my parents died when I was 4 in an avalanche when they visited the French Alps. My Grandfather was a surviving Prisoner of War in Belsen, and he treated me with contempt and was very harsh with his punishments." Mark said, looking at the woman sitting befor him.

(You're fine. I've been dealing with a drama person in PMs and a 14 year old on a different forum. It's killing me lol Also, I have homework so I will reply in a little bit.)

GimmickPuppet said:
((Life and it's endless interference. My apologies are in order.)) "That was rather rude of you, Lacey. You know how I feel about rudeness, I do not tolerate it from anybody." Mark replied, his expressionless mouth frowning. "Then I shall explain my own life to you as well. I was born in a small village in Hampshire called Romsey. It is nothing particularly unique about it, your stereotypical storybook English village. I grew up there with my Grandfather when I was 6, my parents died when I was 4 in an avalanche when they visited the French Alps. My Grandfather was a surviving Prisoner of War in Belsen, and he treated me with contempt and was very harsh with his punishments." Mark said, looking at the woman sitting befor him.
Lacey jotted down some notes and nodded as she listened to him. This was quite interesting in her eyes. She's never heard of such a story. Yes, she's heard of abuse but never of a grandfather causing said abuse. She looked up as he finished and hummed lightly in thought.

"So why did you grandfather punish you in such a way?" She asked and raised an eyebrow. Her grandfather was a bit harsh as well but never too harsh. He just had a bad way with words.

"He punished me by shoving my head underwater and holding it there for an extended period of time. At first I fell unconscious but I soon learnt how to hold my breath for long periods of time..." Mark replied, curious about what happened to her. "I put t you the same question, the look on your face indicates your Grandfather was not too kind to you either..." Mark replied, wanting to know.

Lacey frowned at that. Now that was cruel. She's heard of a few unusual ways of punishment but this one was the worst.

"No... He wasn't." She shook her head and sighed softly. "He was more cruel in the sense of he didn't know how to word things nicely. He always liked to say mean things. My grandmother still smacks him to this day when he opens his mouth." She rolled her eyes and chuckled lightly. "He never once put his hands on me but he loved to be mean and make you feel terrible."

"I see... And what about your parents, were they nice to you, Lacey?" Mark asked, curious as to what having parents was like. He barely remembered his own, finding the idea of having them throughout your childhood to be fascinating. Mark didn't really meet any of the other children's parents, as none of the other children invited him round much, and when he was he had to decline politely. His Grandfather forbid him, he once did and as a result most of his night was spent having his head shoved underwater and his rear-end spanked until it felt like it was fire.

"My parents?" Lacey raised an eyebrow and looked up at him. "Yes, they were kind to me. My mother was home more often than my father so I'm not real close to him." She shook her head. Her mother was the kinder of the two as well. Her father was more stern and had different beliefs than her mother but both made wonderful parents. She was just closer with her mother because she was more understanding and didn't jump to things like her father did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back