• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Darkness [A Homestuck-Inspired Adventure]

Squad141

The Purple Soul
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
darkness_logo_by_terencebird1-d6in7u4.png

3:00. After School.

Eight children arrive at home, and get a notifications on their devices.
-----------------

ATTENTION
! THE GAME, "Darkness, An RPG" IS ARRIVING SOON! WATCH YOUR BROWSERS AND MAILBOXES!

uwupolice uwupolice Noivian Noivian I like birds I like birds billthesomething billthesomething StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer Moonsetter Moonsetter pricketteer pricketteer

Arrive home? You never left!

Your name is REMY MCBRIDE, and you are entirely home schooled. Living up in the mountains of Canada, secluded from the rest of the world tends to do that to you. Your teacher is, of course, the Internet. Anything you could possibly want to know is there.

Speaking of the INTERNET, it is your primary source of INTERESTS, including but not limited to VIDEO GAMES, YOUTUBE, STREAMING, and you like to entertain fantasies of ONLINE FAME.

Currently, you are sitting at your computer in your room, messaging your friends. Your room is tastefully decorated with all kinds of game posters and promotional material for the various FANDOMS you're in, along with some art you've received from your online friends and printed out to hang on your walls. Your BEEFY GAMING COMPUTER rests on a tasteful mahogany desk, taking up most of the the room, with the router resting on top. Your bed is on the far wall, and you have it set up in such a way that you can lay on the bed or rest in a comfy chair while facing a FLAT SCREEN TV mounted to the wall, a collection of gaming consoles from all eras hooked up to it on shelves underneath.

Suffice to say, your family is pretty rich.

You live in what some would consider a mansion, which you share with your older sister, who is honestly somewhat of a pain. The entire place is decorated well, and maintained by the many automated cleaning machines your parents installed. Speaking of, you don't think you can recall what exactly your parents do for a living, nor the last time you've seen them in person. Sure they video call when they can, but it's not the same smiling and waving to someone versus a warm embrace.

So you occupy your time attempting to make yourself internet famous. So far, it's... not really been working out all that well. Instead, you depend on your friends to distract you.​

Yup, That's what you do.

You are The Infamous GALE NORMICK, you like to be a singer similar those of the eighties, specifically the HAIR METAL & GLAM ROCKERS you live in a home that could only be described as impossibly DULL AND DRAB, Thanks to your parents & brother being a bunch of tightwad hipster assholes who just adore black and white movies. They make you wish that you were born to an Amish family at least then you'de be able to tend to horses and see green grass without having to stare at the neighbor's yard.

Anyway, the moment you arrived home, you headed straight for your room, after greeting your brother with a heart-warming middle finger in his direction, of course, anything less would just be so incredibly rude on your part.

With all your familial business done, you run to your room, but only after stopping to pay respect to the portraits of Charlie and Buster, for while you hate Black and White movies, these two guys are pretty cool and funny.

and finally you enter your room and place your butt in your recliner with your faithful laptop in your lap, speaking of your room, it's decorated with posters of all your favorite bands like Van Halen, Santa Cruz, Slash etc, aside from posters of bands, you have your various ABSTRACT ART framed and hanging on the wall, you like to tell people that your art is deep & meaningful, but honestly you just get bored and like to paint weird shit, but it's fun to see people trying to act like they understand the bullshit you tell them about your ART

In one corner of your room keep buckets full of paint, sometimes when your brother or parents have pissed you off badly enough, you'll take one of the buckets and splash some their stuff, Thank You, Octolings.​

It seems that you most certainly have arrived back to your manor from another day of learning at your private school. And it was, like always, tiresome.

Your name is CASP BELROSE, and you are utterly drained. And your uniform's soft maroon sweater vest is not helping you feel any less tired. But you have to keep awake, you've just gotten home, and you have a Science research due next week that you need done today!

While on the topic of SCIENCE, it seems to be a PASSION of yours. Specifically the SEA and all of the SEA CREATURES living there. The mystery of what truly is down there seems to intrigue you deeply. And though you are a hundred percent sure they DO NOT exist it would be nice to see a MERMAID, right? Like, everyone wants to see one... right?

You crinkle your nose and quickly shake your head as your face gets heated. No of course not. And you don't either.

Anyway, you have currently entered your manor, mentally preparing yourself for your ridiculous guardian to be decorating for another holiday you couldn't care less about. Apparently, the holiday is to be Valentines. But when you arrived he was no where to be seen. You shrug and carry on to your bedroom, passing by the same old sea foam colored walls and same old pictures of you and your guardian, MR. BERT.

Your home is technically a manor and a rather large one two. It has apparently been in your family for many generations, starting with some duke you are somehow related to. It is almost certain you and your family are very well off in life, with your successful father and mother but successful also means busy so the feeling of lonely luxury is very bittersweet for you. Mr. Bert or how you'd like to call him BERTLER to your ChatterBox friends has been the closest person to family you have. And he's a butler that you pay to be with you. He can get a bit CLINGY, or WORRISOME about you but you try to wave him away, knowing you can take care of things by yourself.

You finally arrive inside your room, the walls are, unlike the rest of the house a dark red with nothing hanging but a corkboard to pin your occasional writings and your to-do list, a digital wall clock (which you shouldn't really need since you have a grandfather clock outside your door), and a window with it's grey silk curtains. You aren't the type to do tedious decorating like hang posters or pictures.

You drop down your leather book bag on your white bed and notice a piece of paper taped onto your pillow. You gently open it to reveal a familiar penmanship.

"Dear Mr. Caspian,
If you are reading this I must inform you that I have chosen to go out to buy some supplies and haven't returned from said duty when you arrived home from school. Please remember to finish your homework and not to frett for I shall return soon.
Sincerly,
Mr. Bert"

By supplies he definately meant party supplies but you accept it none the less. You know this is a common occurence. You toss the letter in the trash bin near your work desk and decide it's about time to go on the internet. So then you grab your MACBOOK, transfer on your desk and sit on your leather spinning chair. Then you see the notification and a small smile forms on your lips. If you didn't know any better you'd think that you're actually excited for your copy to come out so you could play with the people you've met on the ever so reliable website, ChatterBox. In a way you can guess you can consider them as friends. Of a sort.

Speaking of ChatterBox you decide to log back in, a bit of socializing through a screen cant do you much harm you suppose.

Very well, then. If the narrator is going to be this rude, then sure.

Your name is ECHO KITAWGA, and you just arrived back to your "slightly-above-average" suburban home after public school.

Luckily, your SLEEPING PILLS have been helping a lot recently with your INSOMNIA, which has been getting worse every day. You didn't fall ASLEEP in class today, and have one of those FREAKY DREAMS about MONSTERS IN THE DARK. Except, some of those unexplainable creatures pique your interest, specifically those called CRYPTIDS.

You enter your HOME, and walk past your MOTHERS room. You can hear another of her EMOTIONAL ANIME playing through the door, but you decide to ignore it. After getting yourself a snack from the KITCHEN, you head up the flights of stairs, past your GAME ROOM, and to your room.

Yes, your room is VERY SPECIAL.

In the corner, there's your large BED, covered with a FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM blanket. Next to that, there's your red bookstand, which contains your ALARM CLOCK, a desk LAMP, some old COMICS, and a thick book of SHAKESPEARE'S WORKS. In front of your bed is a cardboard box from when you moved here, filled with all of your NOVEL IDEAS AND OUTLINES that you always mean to get working on. On the right wall is your ELECTRONIC KEYBOARD, which you got last CHRISTMAS. ON the left wall is your CLOSET, which has too much space for any teenager to ever use. Next to that s your OLD DRESSER, whihc contains some CLOTHES, two USBs, an old GRANDFATHER CLOCK, your WALLET, a mini construction of the TARDIS from Doctor WHO, and a picture of your and your MOTHER.

You open your LAPTOP at your desk on the far wall, and see the notification. This makes your sleep-deprived face smile, and you decide to chat on that memo you made for your FRIENDS on CHATTERBOX.​

> Gale: Dump paint on computer
You raise an eyebrow and shake your head while muttering a quick nope under your breath, You absolutely refuse to do something like that again anyway, besides stealing buckets worth of paint isn't easy. So you'de rather use the paint for something else but speaking of the computer.

You needed to check your messages, you feel a light smile grace your lips, it seemed that the game is due to arrive soon enough, cool, you got a keep an eye on that.

You decide to log into Chatterbox and see if you got any messages while away, it seems you haven't which is good as you don't like having people wait for you to answer.

But it seems that Casp has just logged on.

glamorousNoise [GN] began chatting with pessimisticAristocrat [PA]

GN: Yo Hoe

pricketteer pricketteer

You are NORA WINDSOR, and you also never left your home. You are done with SCHOOL. Speedily you pick yourself off the comfortable lazyboy, put your book away in the LIBRARY and head off to your room. Along the way, you hear the familiar scuffling around of YETI the african grey parrot in the hall, and you meaningfully take a different route as to avoid him through the KITCHEN. Despite efforts, you feel the whoosh of wind and the parrot takes flight to land on your head, and you begin your DAILY RITUAL of being yelled at by a parrot.

He actually chomped you hard today, leaving your finger bleeding, but it is only a shallow wound. You've got business to do. You slam the door as you head into your stylishly BLUE room, and just take a breath and examine your room. Not too big, but enough to handle your INTERESTS. In the corner, there in your single bed, buried in laundry, and the walls are scattered with PAINT and PAINTING STUDIES. You live in the attic, and there's a pool of warm light coming in from the large window, in which the country-

Right, laptop. You launch yourself into the pile of laundry, and come up victorious with the small PERSONAL COMPUTER, and settle yourself down on the desk. Instantly a notification came up about a new game. Exciting! You open up Chatterbox to hit up your friends.

Last edited:
Casp: Socialize on ChatterBox

You are just about to browse at the options of socializing until someone beat you to it. A very colorful and "glam rock" someone. You decide to engage and entertain Gale.
[PA]: Gale.
[PA]: Language as colorful as ever I see.

You assume he is to talk about the game that you, him and 6 other ChatterBox pals are planning on playing together. Nether the less you seem content with what you have sent.
billthesomething billthesomething

You let out a chortle at your rich boy pal's obvious reaction, it's fun to be not being disappointed once in a while​
[GN]: That's my name baby and don't you forget it
[GN]: Casp, but you and i both know this isn't the most colorful my language can get, if you hear me get colorful then buy my cover of Glory Hole
[GN]: So, let's get down to business, did you see the notification

As much as you hate to admit it but you couldn't help but a have an amused smirk played on your face as you read Gale's message.

[PA]: I'm sure I won't.
[PA]: Still trying to sell me your music I see, like I've said before I'll think about it.

You seem to be correct. He wanted to talk about the game. But you cant blame him, even you want to talk about the game.

[PA]: Of course I did. I'm currently peering out my window now and then to see if my mail man has arrived with my copy.

You feel a pang of regret right after you hit send. You weren't suppose to sound excited to play the game! Especially not when talking to Gale.

[PA]: Not that I'm anticipating its arrival. I'm just
[PA]: Curious.

You facepalm.

> ClockWork Co./Mailman: Deliver
(Play for immersion)
----------------------------------------------------
From the midst of the afternoon weather (wherever the players may be), a small sound was heard.
--------------------------------------------------
====> Remy:
A small ping emits from the ClockWork Games Browser of your laptop, and a window pops up.

DOWNLOADING: Darkness.exe

Noivian Noivian

-----------------------------------------------------------
====> Gale:
A loud honk can be heard from outside your home, alerting everyone (including your brother) of the rusty mailtruck driving up the road, and sloppily putting the disk into you crooked mailbox.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
====> Casp:
A low rumble fills the room as the air outside seems to sparkle. A long, white limousine pulls up out front of your home, and the middle window rolls down. A tuxedoed hand (with a white glove) gracefully opens the pristine box door, and carefully puts the game inside, whihc is wrapped as a golden present. The windows roll up, and as the limo slides away, you realize what just happened.
pricketteer pricketteer
-----------------------------------
====> Echo:
The company logo of a steampunk clock fills half your screen, as the notification began the loading function from within the app.

DOWNLOADING: Darkness.exe
-----------------------------------------------
====> Nora/Ashe:

You feel as if something's happened. Your game will arrive soon, but not now. Both of you look our your windows, and see something horrifying.

Your neighbors building falling into the ground, dark tendrils pulling it down.

That's
not good.
Moonsetter Moonsetter I like birds I like birds
-------------------------------

Well, you suppose you could have seen that one coming.

Your name is ASHE LOCHART and you honestly do not know why you even bother anymore. Life has been a real shit show ever since your step father moved the family to France for Work. Becoming fluent in a new language wasn’t the hardest bit. Oh, not at all. And making new “friends” wasn’t hard either. As expected, people saw her as the coolest kid on her block because she flipped them off on a daily. But you know deep down in your heart she wouldn’t have wanted this.

She wouldn’t have moved here and now you can’t even go to her grave because now you live in France.

Thanks Franky.

Speaking of Franky, it looks like your step father hasn’t noticed you have arrived back from schoo yet. In truth, your relationship with the man has been rocky since your mother’s death. He became more strict and as a natural response, you became more rebelous. Logic right? You were expecting a few packages so, eventually you’d have to speak to him. But until then, Time to dash.

You quickly dash past his open office door. Seemed like he was taking another important business call from another multimillion dollar company or whatever. Who cared. Living in this apartment with that man wa hard enough. Once you entered your room and threw your bag on the floor, you are greeted by the rough tapping of friends at the window.

Ah yes. The boys are back in town.

With a swift motion to the window, you are gifted with the presents of the monster trio. Aka, the nightmare squad. Aka, triple trouble. Aka, the dirty boys themselves

Tony, Toni, and Tonè. As you appropriately named.

These little rascals are known to cause havoc around the complexes and as their leader, you ensure they are well fed and tended to. However, they seem quite panicked.

And then, like the creature from the dark waters, it happened. In an instant, the neighboring complex began to go under. Tendrils of varying colors emerging and dragging the building into the depths of hell itself.

I recommend turning on rotate if you can't see all the info!
AIZA TORRES

> Other Children: Introduce yourselves

You remained silent, eyes glued to the screen of your tv as your hands aggressively worked its way along the Xbox One controller. Flashes of color danced across your eyes, sounds of gunfire and voicelines filling the room.
"SppppeeEEED BOOST!" Your character, Lucio had yelled.

> Aiza

You ignored the other narrator, continuing to play your game.

> AIZA

"Ffffff. Shh!" You whined. "I'm trying to HECKIN win!" You shouted, although it was soft and not as intimidating.

> AIZAAIZAIZAIZIIAZ

"Wait-" You paused, pulling up Lucios dancing emote.
"HELL YEAH BOIII" You shout, falling back. You have seemed to won a comp match, one away from being ranked..
"Ok, I guess I'll take a break or something." You shrugged, stretching a bit.

Who is this STRETCHY, WHINY TEEN?
Your name is AIZA TORRES and you're literal TRASH.
You shrugged. You had to simply agree with this statement.
You have a love for DOGS, hinted by the plethora of PLUSHIES on your bed. Your sister won't let you have dogs, but it's also rather difficult since you live in an APARTMENT in NEW YORK.

Since you have a lack of doggos running around, you spend your time MEMING IT UP and DANCING. You're a homeschooled gal that only really goes out to her dance classes down the street. On occasion she'll visit her sister at her work, which was PERFORMING at a bar. SINGING, to be exact. She's actually rather good, but she's usually drunken or away.
You and your older sis don't get along as much, or see eachother as much really.

You sorta have a Lilo and Stitch situation with her, which is sort of peculiar because you also lost your PARENTS like the Hawaiian sisters.

Ok, too DEPRESSO. Time to plop into your handy rolly chair and attempt NOT TO SPIN in it.
Well, you spin a little bit before stopping and clicking on Chrome: the only web browser you'll ever touch. The rest are irrelevant. Same goes with search bars other than Google.
You spit on de fake queens before pulling up the most recent memes:
SomebodY TOUCHA ma SPAGHET

Wow. What a quality meme.
You wipe away an invisible tear and continue your browsing, oblivious to the notifications that began piling up.
Aiza: THE QUEEN OF PROCRASTINATING

template by astraea ∙ beware hidden scrolling

Ah yes, Nora, stuck in the cottage.
You glance outside the window, and you can't help but slowly take out your earbuds for dramatic effect. What. The. Fuck. You were watching a cute heartfelt message from AD when....dark tendrils... You feel a little shake from the ground, and in the distance you can see a tendril pull down your neighbors house. Now in the afternoon sunlight, you can see the full glory of the horrifying scene. No, this can't be serious! You were just waiting for a digital copy of a video game when you must have fallen asleep. You pinched yourself a couple of times and turned to your laptop, your fingers flickering across the keyboard in a wave of panic.

====> Casp:
A low rumble fills the room as the air outside seems to sparkle. A long, white limousine pulls up out front of your home, and the middle window rolls down. A tuxedoed hand (with a white glove) gracefully opens the pristine box door, and carefully puts the game inside, whihc is wrapped as a golden present. The windows roll up, and as the limo slides away, you realize what just happened.

You bite your lower lip to the max to hold back a squeal. That would have been embarrassing, even if you are alone at the moment at the manor. You began tapping away on your MacBook to inform Gale of the news.
[PA]: Mail man just arrived with the game. I'll be right back.

You decided not to disconnect from the chat and stood up and basically sprinted down your carpeted staircase. You tried your very best to not fall down. But you did end up missing the last step and stumbled a bit before catching yourself.

The moment you exit your manor the black tendrils emerge from the ground, confusing and alarming you. Confusion soon turns into fright when one had taken one of your neighbor's (Mrs. Miller if you remember correctly) cars.
> Casp: Stay Calm...Not

You try to follow the breathing exercises your school's nurse had taught you when you started hyperventilating over something you can't quite remember at the moment. But alas, it's not working and you begin to panic, you quickly take the golden package from your mail box and run back inside, darting for your room.

Once there you frantically message Bertler on your phone to return home immediately. As an effort to calm yourself you go back to the chat between you and Gale on your MacBook, but this time taking it to your bed to feel a bit more safe.
[PA]: I've got my game. But something... odd happened while I was outside.

>Nora: Hear the mail truck, sprint for it

You do. You have no idea why you are doing it, or why the mailtruck is here in this chaos, but your game is here, start it.
Wait what? What else do you do in the end of the world. Bursting out of your room with adrenaline, you tumble down the stairs out to the porch and to the mailbox, where the box was sitting. Oh god. You fumble around with it for a minute, scrambling to open the box as the tendrils of destruction grew near. You pop open the case. Fuck fuck fuck. Insert disc into laptop....
Install Darkness...
5%....28%.....

For some reason, you decide to check on the memo while it's downloading.

====> Nora
100% installed

Welcome to Darkness.

Character Name: Nora.

Connect to Player?

Open Slots:
____ ____
____ ____
____ ____
_____
----------------------------------------------------
> Casp: INSTALL THE GAME QUICKLY
I like birds I like birds pricketteer pricketteer

>BE ABBY

>ABBY: AWAKEN

Your name is ABBY GLINDLE. You just woke up in a pile of pillows. It looks like your afternoon nap lasted way longer than it should have. Whoops. And it looks like there is a large crack in your window.

>ABBY: INVESTIGATE

You look out your window to see a bunch of weird shit outside, and the mailbox slightly open. Your game must have come.

>ABBY: CHECK THE MAIL

You check the mail and find your game. What will you do next?

>ABBY: HURRY AND INSTALL THE GAME OMYGOSH ARE YOU NOW FREAKING OUT

Meh. You’re a little underwhelmed. You could still be sleeping. Who knows? Not you. But you guess you’ll install the game.

>ABBY: FINALLY INSTALL GAME

You start to install the game. This could take a while. You decide to get a snack that smiles back, goldfish.

>Start game.

>Searching for other players.....
>Searching for other players.....

You are Nora again and you decide to urge on your friends in Chatterbox. It seems like it needs at least another person to connect, and you're the host player for whoever comes in next.
Whatever EK said about it maybe being related to the game is your best bet. It might be like a real life simulation... And also, the shaking seems nearer. You tremble a little bit, but switch to the chatterbox client on your laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back