• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dark Wings, Dark Words (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Jabroni

Dark Wings, Dark Words OOC Discussion

Here we discuss character and plot ideas. Or if you'd rather post Game of Thrones memes, well I guess that works too!

hey everyone i'm here to talk to you about the uhhhhh ocean

tumblr_omfcdloCRk1qlowroo1_500.jpg

you will see house greyjoy on the bottom right there

Question: how did Alfie find out about his father? Did his mother tell him or he heard it somewhere?

dawnfallstar dawnfallstar Couple things I need from you. Can you add some more about what happened before Parry was 24? Surely there had to be one or two events worth mentioning there. Also, she's from a "different line of Arryn". What do you mean by that exactly? Like they're distant cousins or something?

Question: how did Alfie find out about his father? Did his mother tell him or he heard it somewhere?

dawnfallstar dawnfallstar Couple things I need from you. Can you add some more about what happened before Parry was 24? Surely there had to be one or two events worth mentioning there. Also, she's from a "different line of Arryn". What do you mean by that exactly? Like they're distant cousins or something?
Mother told him on her death bed

I added some things!

I added it in I thought I had, though at the same times I noticed some spelling mistakes oof I thought I caught them all

Ahh, definitely going for a Martell but I really can't decide what to go for with the second! Excited for this

How alt-history are we talking? If Aerys exists but we don't have Rhaegar (instead Baelyx?) is he the lone constant alongside the Greyjoy rebellion and otherwise we can change history/our houses history and current members to our liking?

Last edited:
Ahh, definitely going for a Martell but I really can't decide what to go for with the second! Excited for this

How alt-history are we talking? If Aerys exists but we don't have Rhaegar (instead Baelyx?) is he the lone constant alongside the Greyjoy rebellion and otherwise we can change history/our houses history and current members to our liking?
Yes, those are pretty much the only constraints as far as the plot goes. You can organize your house with completely different people from George Martin's story. Aerys may even have more male children tucked away on Dragonstone or illegitimate bastards roaming the Seven Kingdoms. However, I think it would make sense for the male line to have died with Baelyx.

Also keep in mind guys that everything you flesh out as part of your house or character history impacts the plot. For example, wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta added the Greyjoy Rebellion to Reynir's sheet. So it became a fixture of the plot. Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford has a character who killed Baelyx in single combat although I'm not sure if he was publically recognized as doing so.

Also keep in mind guys that everything you flesh out as part of your house or character history impacts the plot. For example, wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta added the Greyjoy Rebellion to Reynir's sheet. So it became a fixture of the plot. Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford has a character who killed Baelyx in single combat although I'm not sure if he was publically recognized as doing so.

If it's helpful to folks, what i did was basically consider recent-ish canon history in asoaif (checking the wiki because i haven't been deep in asoaif lore for a while lol), and then go "what's fun to keep? what don't i want to deal with? what in-house character dynamics do i want to play with? how can i make what i want to do with my pc fit?" So like, i kept the Greyjoy Rebellion because it fit with the vibe of the house and the way i wanted to play it (angry and pro-independence), but i changed it so that the heir didn't get taken and raised as a ward elsewhere, because that wasn't fun for me, i wanted to play a terrible little reaver. It helps to know who you want to play as a character and reverse engineer their history and their houses's to get them there, but there's also so much canon stuff that it can be fun to cherry pick from that to use.

It's a public thing, though not something Bryant really likes to talk about

Users who are viewing this thread

Back