• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Dark Victorian Idea

CommonKilljoy

Hello all! This is a plot that I stole from my friend (I was given permission so all is good). Before we get started, let me go into a few things

• I am a 19 year old male who has a great talent for getting overinvolved in things because of procrastination
  • I'm a double major with a minor, am a member of three bands, work two jobs, compete in multiple sports, and I'm injured at the moment. I am really busy, but referring back to the procrastination thing, it's usually not an issue
  • I consider myself detailed and advanced (see sample below). My range is usually 3-20 paragraphs. I'm looking for someone who can keep up and can help progress things
  • Here's a big surprise. I play male characters.
  • This does not have to be romantic. I am perfectly fine with platonic relationships! If you want a romance, I only do MxF and MxM
  • Lastly, I am a REALLY sarcastic person. My sarcasm is never intended to offend anyone (so sorry if I do!). That being said, I don't mine when partners want to chat or send memes. It makes me feel like I have a social life and I like getting to know the person on the other side of the screen!

Did you survive that? Well on to the plot itself! This is a historical/science fiction type thing that is based lightly on Frankenstein, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, The Island of Dr. Moreau, and somewhat A Cure For Wellness.

I'd prefer Muse A in this case

Muse A was on track to be somewhat of a legend. quickly excelling through medical school, he quickly found his way to being to top surgeon in all of Europe. A young orphan, his legacy grew and grew until there was almost nothing that could stop him. As quickly as his infamy rose, he was gone. Rumors started to spread and gossip filled the crowded streets. The young doctor was on a search to cure what he labeled the "human condition". In a flash of flame, he fell back into the shadows which only made the rumors worse. In the light of fire, he fled as far off the mainland as he could go. Alone on the island he's kept up his work, if not even improved it. As each day passes he's one step closer to finding the cure.

Muse B is an up and coming etective for Scotland Yard. Bright and quick witted, they're something of a Sherlock Holmes type character. Ambitions, they're looking for a chance to gain respect. Following shortly after Muse A vanished, people from all stages of life have been vanishing off the street, the most prominent? Those suspected of criminal intent or those who are mentally ill. Of course it's fairly subtle. Just the occassional wrench thrown into a case after another suspect vanishes. These missing persons are largely seen unimportant, that is until the wrong person vanishes. After constant pestering from the familiy, Muse B, as the low man on the totem pole, is assigned to the case as busy work. It's also Muse B who starts to take the rumors on the streets seriously.

Ridiculed by their coworkers, Muse B decides to act on their own. After months of their own investigation, they finally catch a lead. Out of the darkest parts of the streets, words start circulating about the Phantom's men who come at night. Months pass and Muse B finally catches onto a trail which leads them to even darker places. Travelling to the island, it's not long before they end up in the hands of Muse A and his experiments.

The events that unfold knit a tangled web of ambition, character, morality, success, and what is means to be human

There are a few things that have gone through my mind.

I am sarcastic as fuck. Unfortunately, I'm also (as I've been told) absolutely sickeningly sweet. You will get an offer for a box of my home-town famous homemade cookies in the mail at some point. But because of that, the times I am sarcastic are taken too seriously - so I'll make the pun or whatever in italics or a different color to show you I'm really, truly, not as big of a bitch I may present myself to be. I love memes but by god don't get me started.

I work part-time, I'm taking 17 credit hours, I'm so sick that my boyfriend Tyler is trying to take me to the ER, and I will constantly rave about new novels and serious because guess what, I work in a library and gee, whatever shall I do in my free time?

Anyways, I'm 18 years old, I have like a bazillions female OCs and leftover pizza so I'm am absolutely starving for a good roleplay. I can give several paragraphs when I'm up to it. I will give you between 3-10 paragraphs and my introductions are always horribly long. It depends on the situations as well,

So, to RP or not to RP? The choice is yours.

(And it's totally not 'cause I don't have enough posts to send a PM yet.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back