• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dark Hearts

Eli just solemnly nodded. He didn't want to be the one to tell Mason about Lilith being pregnant.... So Lucian would have to soon.

Em smiled slightly and shrugged a bit. "Maybe. I don't know what I'd get, though, or where I'd get it. I don't know how comfortable I am with highly visible tattoos. Never know what job I may get in the future, after all."

Orion growled quietly in a kind of content purr, then butted his head against Theory's chest. Orion's fur was very soft and thick, and very warm too. Luckily they still had their mental connection. Thank you.

Beatrice looked at him knowingly. "Max. Even when you sleep you toss and turn all night, then you get up and rush off. You're not getting enough sleep, and what you're getting isn't solid. And now you're running from place to place - I'm worried you're hurting yourself.

The two go down to the car and get driven to another company building. Lucian rests his head against the headrest the entire time. Usually, he's smiley and chatty with the driver and with Eli. Today, he looks like he has no energy.

"You could get something on your ribs," Matt says, tickling her ribs for effect.

Theory scratches behind Orion's ears. "You're a lot bigger than my wolf form," Theory says. He suddenly gets an idea completely unrelated to what he just said and takes off his shirt, jumping to lay on the bed. "Come cuddle with me. It'll feel nice!"

"Honey, I'm a demon. Sleep deprivation won't kill me," Max says, glancing at his watch. "I want to take a shower before class. Is there anything else you wanna say? I have to hurry."

Eli simply stays quiet and tries to not annoy Lucian.

Em laughed and moved away so he couldn't tickle her. "The ribs hurt, though! Maybe I could get something on my upper shoulder, or the back of my neck...? Something... dainty."

Orion cocked his head to the side curiously, then climbed up onto the bed and paced a few circles around Theory before settling down around him.

Beatrice, upset at him, said, "You're a half-demon Max, and I can tell you've been stressed! It's going to affecxt everything, your health, your skating, your classwork, everything! Just.... Don't ignore me, try to consider what I'm saying."

Once they get to the building, Lucian is the first one out. He goes inside the building in hopes that the sooner he gets there, the sooner it'll be over.

"Like kitten ears and whiskers." Matt says, pulling her extremely close and hugging her slim waist.

Theory snuggles against Orion with his bare chest, liking the feeling of soft fur on him. I could get used to this.

Now it was Max's turn to get irritated. "Okay, Be, I'm considering it. What do you want me to do? I can't do anything about it! You want me to drop out of school? To quit skating? I can't do that! Competitions are coming up this year. I'm graduating school soon. I don't have room to think about my health!" Or to think about the baby coming soon, for that matter.

Eli followed Lucian, then had to wait through the long, boring meeting, concerned about Lucian the whole time.

"Maybe," she giggled. "Or maybe a white rose with a crosshair in a leaf? I'd like to have something matching yours~"

Orion nuzzled against Theory's head and settled down with a quiet huff. He would have been lying if he'd said he wasn't content.

Beatrice looked terribly sad as she looked at him. She stood up and walked over to him to gently take his hands in hers. "What will any of that matter if you have a heart attack in a year?" She sighed heavily. "I don't know, can't you cut back skating hours or something...? You're going to get sick or hurt and that'd be terrible! I can't help you then, I'll have.... I mean, pretty soon I'm going to be pretty useless to you. Not too much a pregnant lady can safely do, you know...?"

After the meeting, the CEOs wanted to have a private conversation so they sent any assistants to wait out in the hall. After a minute of waiting, two of the assistants that were chatting with each other look at Eli. "Are you Mr. Savage's new assistant?" The female one asks.

"That would be cute," Matt says, smiling. "Or just get a big portrait of my face on your chest. Then we'll really be matching," he jokes.

Theory finds himself dozing back off into sleep, almost feeling too comfortable.

Max frowns. He had almost forgotten she was pregnant. He runs a hand through his hair. More calmly, he says, "I can't cut back on skating. Competitions are going to start in no time and I need to place well in them so I can go to the Grand Prix. I'm not going to get hurt, Leviathan can help me with any health issues I might have. But I won't have health issues."

Eli looked up from his phone in surprise. "Uh, yeah, I suppose so."

"No, nothing on my front," Emmalia laughed, then added, "I know you like my front as it is~"

Orion smiled and curled himself tighter around Theory. If he was tired, then he could sleep.

Beatrice nodded slowly, then said, "Well, can I talk to Leviathan for a moment...? Just him and I?"

The two assistants look at each other knowingly. "You know he has a wife, right? You shouldn't do anything you'd regret," the girl says, evidently wanting to stick up for a fellow woman whos husband is apparently having an affair with his male assistant.

Matt smirks. "Your back's not bad either." Matt gropes Em's butt and rests his forehead on hers. "I don't care if you get a tattoo or not, your body is beautiful either way."

Theory takes a short nap only to wake up to his body starting to sweat. He didn't want to move from the position, though. He was very comfortable. Instead, he cools his own body down at will.

Max frowns. "Sure, but it has to be quick. I really need to get going." Max closes his eyes and when he opens them again, one eye is ashy grey and the other is bright green. His hair turns ashy grey and his skin gets paler, his height getting just a little bit smaller. Almost as soon as Levi opens his eyes, he closes them again. He has some sort of narcoleptic fit and falls asleep instantly, dropping to the ground and letting out very light snores as if he's already in deep sleep.

Elf's eyebrows knitted together in concern and indignation. "First off, I wouldn't do that, second, I've met his wife, I had Christmas dinner with them, and Third off, my boyfriend is his son - trust me when I say Lucian and I have not and will never do anything."

Em smiled. He knew that she cared what he thought of her body. "Thank you, love."

Orion felt Theory get colder and raised his head, then licked his cheek. Is something wrong? You're getting cold."

Beatrice groaned and got down on the ground to shake Leviathan awake. Of course Leviathan would know how tired Max's body was, and would instantly fall asleep. Deadly sin of Sloth, after all.

The girl raises an eyebrow but is rendered speechless. The guy speaks up. "Well if he's not sleeping with you, it's someone else. He has a history of not being loyal. His poor wife probably has no idea since she's crazy." There was a lot of gossip that went around the big companies.

"My pleasure." Matt pauses. He heard something in the back of Em's thoughts. "Are you still thinking about that cat?"

"I'm fine, I was just starting to sweat so I want to cool off," Theory says.

Leviathan wakes up but just barely. "What," he moans tiredly, nowhere near ready to get up.

Eli sternly said, "She's schizophrenic, not crazy, first off, and she's a wonderful lady. He treats her like an absolute queen, and constantly worries about her health. No matter what else happens, that is the truth. And you know, I don't remember it being any of your God damn business what Lucian does in his free time. Do they you have anything better to do? Like actually work?"

Em looked up at Matt and said, "Kind of, not much, though... why?"

I didn't know you could do that. Orion huffed quietly and licked Theory's cheek.

"Leviathan? Max is pushing himself too hard, it's not okay. Can you... keep him healthy? He won't listen to me."

The hallway is left dead silent. Lucian had opened the door in the middle of Eli talking. He smirks and comes out of the room. "Meeting's over." He says into the awkward and tense silence. "Come on, Eli." He doesn't acknowledge what they were talking about but everyone knows he heard at least part of Eli's speech. The other businessmen and women leave the room and head to the elevators after Lucian and Eli.

"I just keep hearing something about cats. I'm wondering if they're your thoughts," Matt says. Maybe their mental link was finally showing itself?

"There's a lot of things I can do. And I don't think I even know half of those things," Theory says. He pats Orion's nose as a "punishment" for licking him.

"Yeah I can see that he's pushing himself. Do you know how tired I am? And he won't listen to me to let us rest. But I'm keeping his health up. I can't afford to lose a vessel," Levi sighs and curls up on the floor. "He's still going to feel exhausted but I'll make sure our body stays in homeostasis." Levi talked slow, as if he was in no hurry for anything.

Alone in the elevator, Eli asked, "How much of that did you hear...?"

Em cocked her head to the side. "Why would you hear my thoughts?"

Orion whimpered quietly. That's how wolves kiss, though!

Beatrice sighed. "Thank you. That's all I can ask of you."

"Honestly? All of it. My hearing is pretty good." Good enough to know that Laila from accounting is having leftover crab cakes for dinner.

"I read somewhere that soulmates have a mental bond. I guess that means they can talk telepathically or something," Matt says. "I didn't think we had that."

"Well I can't kiss you back so you're not allowed~" Theory giggles.

"Maybe if I don't let him back into our body, he'd skip class and we could sleep instead," Levi closes his eyes. "But he'll get mad at me."

Eli blushed and said, "I, uh, I'm sorry you had to hear what they were saying about you and all...."

"A mental bond?" Emmalia paused, then grinned. "That is so cool. I hope we do have one!"

Orion whimpered and butted his head against Theory's shoulder, then wagged his tail slightly.

"Yeah, and I wouldn't blame him, but I wouldn't blame you either," Beatrice said. "Do you know if it's a lesson he can miss, or is it an important one?"

Lucian shrugs. "I don't really care about it much. I'm just happy that you defended me," he says, smiling softly at Eli.

"Me too." Matt leans his head down to nuzzle into her shoulder.

Theory giggles again and strokes Orion's back. "Can your wolf form name be Rio?" Theory asks cutely.

Leviathan shrugs. "I have no clue. I don't pay attention."

Eli smiled slightly and nodded. He was tempted to ask Lucian how true the rumors were, but he wanted to keep his job.

Em grinned and felt a flutter in her chest as he nuzzled against her. He could be cute when he wanted to be.

No, Orion thought. He huffed and nudged Theory's cheek with his nose.

Beatrice sighed and said, "Yeah.... you can make him sleep, I guess, just don't let him know I told you to. And you can go to bed, you know."

"You're wondering if the rumors are true, aren't you?" Lucian asks, glancing down at Eli. The elevator opens and they walk out.

"I feel bad about kicking the cat out," Matt mutters.

Theory smirks. "Rio it is," he says, moving his hand to scratch Orion's stomach.

Levi shakes his head. "I'm fine right here," he says. "By the way, you should tell Max to drop out of University. He doesn't like it anymore. All he thinks about is skating. He's only continuing to go because he thinks it's what he wants to do since it makes Lucian and Lilith happy."

Eli looked up at Lucian and slowly nodded. "It's none of my business, though..."

Emmalia smiled against him. "It's okay. He'll probably be back eventually. I'm glad I spent time with you alone though."

Orion was going to argue, but ended up rolling over for Theory.

Beatrice looked at Levi in shock, then slowly nodded. "Okay."

"Well, it's not, but I guess now my business is everyone else's business. But do you remember when I said earlier that it's good to have a distraction?" Lucian asks, throwing hints.

Matt just stands and holds her for a little bit. He suddenly says quietly something that he's been thinking about lately. "Em, am I enough for you? After meeting my family, don't I look inferior to them?"

Theory grins triumphantly and continues to scratch.

"With that, I'll just sleep here." Levi closes his eyes and rests his head on his arm. He falls asleep almost immediately.

Eli was fairly sure that he didn't like where this was going. "Yeah...?"

Emmalia pulled away and stared at him with wide, concerned eyes,and an expression of utter shock. "What? Matty! You're more than enough for me! What are you talking about? That's ridiculous!" She didn't think he was less than his family in any way at all, and now she worried for his mental health.

Orion whimpered and purred and wriggled around with his tail wagging vigorously.

That was that, then, Beatrice decided. No other way about it.

"My life is stressful. Sometimes I need to de-stress. So, yes, I do have affairs, but none of them are long term," Lucian says.

"It's just that my family is so... successful. Talented. Good looking. I don't know." It was clearly very hard for him to talk about how he felt. His words came out with difficulty. Em brought out the side of him that he always wanted to keep hidden.

Theory grins and suddenly shapeshifts into a mostly white wolf with grey patches. His eyes are white. His wolf form is larger than the average wolf but still so much smaller than Orion. He curls up next to Orion's side.

A very long time later, sometime late at night, Max finally regains control of his body and stirs awake. He was in such a deep sleep that he never once woke up or rolled over.

Eli slowly nodded. On one hand, he could understand it - Lucian was a demon, and his wife was ill.... He didn't like it, but he wasn't going to scold Lucian.

Em seemed genuinely saddened by what he'd said, and guided him to sit down on the edge of the bed, where she sat next to him and cocked her head to the side. "Matty, you're young, you can't expect to own a company like your dad's. Max overworks himself, Beatrice told me so, and y'know? I think if you're happy, you don't need to compete with them. That's success in itself." She smiled and added, "And I think you're more handsome than any of your family. But, how long have you been thinking like this, dearest?"

Wow... Orion thought. You're... you're so beautiful. He was a solid-colored brown, but here was Theory, lovely white and grey elegance. And... so small. Orion licked Theory's cheek and nuzzled against him.

Beatrice had gone back to her bed - she would have slept at the table to be near Max, but being pregnant, she figured that wasn't the best idea.

"Don't worry, though. Mason isn't horrible like me." They get to the car and get inside it.

Matt doesn't meet her eyes, instead staring at the sheets. "I don't know. Maybe since I remembered you'd be meeting my whole family for Christmas. When my mom confirmed our plans."

Theory snuggles into Orion and finds himself so comfortable he could sleep again. Thank you.

Max suddenly sits up with a jerk and looks at the watch on his wrist. "SHIT!" He yells, angry and slamming the ground. Cloud hears the commotion and runs off the bed Be is sleeping in and downstairs to Max. Cloud's movement wakes Be.

Eli chuckled. "I never suspected it of him. And... i don't think you're terrible. You're still a good guy overall...."

"Oh, honey," Em said sympathetically and hugged him close. "That's so silly of you. You know I love you. But it's okay that you thought that. I'm not mad. It's okay. I'm glad you're telling me this."

Any time, love. Orion moved around Theory. Even with Theory not curled up, Orion was able to mostly curl up around Theory's body.

Beatrice woke up with a jolt. "Cloud?! What is it?!" For a moment, she thinks it's a robber and panics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back