• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dark Hearts

Matt suddenly jumps awake. "Christmas!" He says excitedly and leaps out of bed, throwing on sweatpants and a baggy hoodie and tossing loose clothes at Em. "Race you downstairs!!" He says, then hurries down.

Mathias smiles. A relieved smile. "I'm glad," he says, patting her leg.

"Not fair!" Em called after him as she tugged the clothing on, then ran after him.

Adira paused, then went by the tree and pulled out a single present and held it out to him. Inside of the box was a small watercolor on stiff paper, like a photograph to fit into a wallet. The image was of a red farm house on a pretty spring prairie. "I know it's not like the bracelet you got me or anything, it's not that nice, but I figured.... I mean, I saw it and thought of you."

Everyone gathers around the tree and immediately starts opening presents. Max and Mason sit side by side and promise each other to open each other's gifts last. They look like children literally on Christmas morning. Even Max is beaming and smiling with his twin.

Mathias opens the box and smiles fondly. "This is really pretty, Adira. It even looks like my house," Mathias chuckles and turns to hug Adira. "Thank you," he says in a sweet voice.

Beatrice was just happy to see Max happy. They could figure out everything else later.

This was the first Christmas that Jack could remember, but it was one of the best moments that he could remember too. He had his couple ring on his finger, Maybelle sitting next to him on the couch, and everyone was enjoying themselves. He was content.

Adira returned the hug. "You're very welcome." As the day goes on, the family cleans up, lazes about, and eats the plentiful foods from yesterday for lunch. After lunch, most of the family is in the living room talking or writing thank-you cards to people. Adira and Mathias were in the family room playing Skyrim like the day before. At one point as they were joking around, they paused the game and shared a long kiss. Neither of them realized that Elisa had been walking by at that second. Moments later, Elisa was heard calling Mathias into the kitchen.

"Jack, this is for you. From Lucian and I," Lilith says, handing a decently sized box to Jack with their house key, papers enrolling him in driving school, a cell phone, and various clothing items. "A little starter kit for diving into life," Lucian adds.

Max and Mason reach the end of their gifts and both pick up each other's gifts. Both have small boxes and they turn to face each other.

"Oh fuck, the twins are opening each other's presents everyone," Matt says with a groan. "Let's see it. How'd you outdo us all this year?"

Mathias groans loudly. "I'll be right back," Mathias says. He's completely clueless as he hands the controller to Adira, kisses her head, and walks to the kitchen.

Jack just looked at what he'd been given and grinned. He could start being normal now. Less dependent. And it meant they accepted him and Maybelle being a couple. He looked up at Lucian and Lilith and said, "Thank you both so much."

Em looked at Matt with a raised eyebrow, then turned to watch the twins to see what would happen.

Adira smiled and went back to playing the game. She almost liked the little random head/cheek/forehead kisses more than real kisses. They were more... spontaneous.

Elisa was grinning when Mathias arrived. She poked his chest and whispered, "You're dating Adira!"

"Our pleasure," Lucian says with a smile. He then turns to the others. He and Lilith already knew what they got each other... they had to hide the gifts, after all.

"1... 2... 3," Max and Mason say in unison and tear open the boxes. When they see what's inside, they pause then start dying of laughter. In their hands were identical keys to Teslas, the tell-tale car-shaped magical key.

"Did we seriously..." Mason starts.

"Get each other the same car?" Max finishes. They laugh again.

"It's like we're twins or something, bro. Sharing a brain and shit," Mason says. "You know how badly I wanted to buy one for myself? I had to hold back from just keeping it. God I'm so excited I could kiss you."

"Please don't," Max says, grinning mischievously. He wasn't a huge fan of small, short cars unless they're solely for speed, and he assumed Mason bought the same Model S for him as he got for Mason. In reality, Mason knew his brothers preferences perfectly well.

Mathias looks taken aback. "What? Uh, well, not, um, not officially. I mean... we haven't officially said it yet. But yeah, I... I guess we are?" Mathias blushes and pauses. "Wait. How'd you figure that out?" Had she seen them kissing sometime today?

Jack didn't seem to understand the correlation of the car keys to a Tesla, but assumed they meant something valuable.

Em looked at the twins with wide eyes, then looked at Matt. "They do this stuff every year?!"

Elisa rolled her eyes. "Your door was open this morning, you weren't in your room, and hers was closed. I think I'm the only one who noticed that. But I also just saw you two making out in there! You DO realize that you're dating your boss, right?"

Matt nods. "Oh yeah. Every year, they get the most expensive gifts for each other. The apartment Mason lives in right now, Max bought for him last year. And a few years back, Mason bought Max a summer house on the beach in Florida." Matt sighs, then says sarcastically, "Makes the rest of us feel loved."

Mason and Max hurry to the garage after figuring out that's where the cars are. Some other curious people follow. Mason sees a gray Model S in the large garage and grins super wide. "Fuck yes!" He yells.

Max sees the white Model X next to the other Tesla and turns to Mason, grabbing his shoulders and giving him a big kiss. "I'm so glad you're my twin," Max says, smacking Mason on the butt before rushing around to get in his new car. Mason runs to his Tesla and slides into it, too.

Mathias winces. He hadn't really thought about that part. "I.. I guess so. Is that bad?" Mathias asks. Of course it was bad. He just needed to figure out why.

Em whispered into Matt's ear, "Oh? I'm sorry, I thought my gift last night was pretty nice."

Beatrice leaned against the wall and watched Max in amusement. He deserved this, she decided.

Elisa shrugged. "I mean, since she just got you a job? Kind of. If you keep it on the down-low for now, it'll probably be okay."

Matt smirks. "It was... I'm not complaining about that. Now if you'd excuse me, I'm going to go watch my brothers play with their new cars and also cry a little myself," Matt says, standing up and hurrying to the garage.

Max messes around with the car inside then leaves the car and clicks a button on the key twice. The Falcon doors open and Max's eyes widen. "Holy shit." He says. He closes the doors with the button and stands right in front of one of them. He opens them again, and the door senses his body and opens slightly different so it doesn't hit him. Max sits down on the garage floor, then lays with his back on it. He sprawls out like a starfish and stares up at the open falcon door. Mason gets out of his car and laughs.

"You're so weird," Mason says to Max.

Mathias nods. "I can do that. Yeah. That shouldn't be too hard."

Beatrice looked over at Lucian and asked, "So this is a yearly thing with them?"

Jack and Maybelle were alone in the living room now. He shook his head and said, "I understand that fancy cars are expensive. But I still think their gifts pale in comparison to yours." He held up the hand he had his ring on for emphasis.

Elisa shook her head and said, "You're lucky you have me as your older sister. By the way, I tinker mom and dad know. You don't have to hide it so much while you're here."

Lucian nods. "It is. They outdo all of our presents," Lucian says.

Maybelle beams. "You're so sweet," Maybelle says, kissing Jack's cheek.

Mathias frowns. "What if they don't actually know?" Mathias asks.

Beatrice sighed and shook her head. "I can't blame them but damn. He only mentioned it to me...."

"Oh, thank you," Jack said. He reached out and wrapped his arms round her waist to pull her into his lap. "And you're perfect."

"Then it could be awkward." Elisa shrugged. "It's a risk. But so is life."

"Well, you should be happy, anything Max gets, you'll get too. If you choose to stay with him," Lucian says.

Maybelle blushes. "Hardly. But thank you anyway."

"God you're inspirational," Mathias jokes, clutching his chest to add effect.

Beatrice nodded slowly. "I love him, with all my heart.... but we have some stuff to figure out now."

"Hush, now." Jack went to playfully kissing at her face and neck. "You're perfect in every way."

Elisa rolled her eyes. "Just go back to being cute with Adira."

Lucian nods. "I've been thinking about it, too. I wonder if you won't feel the same effects as Lilith because Max isn't fully demon."

Maybelle puts her hands on his shoulders and blushes wildly. "Jack~"

"I sure will," Mathias says. He goes back to playing video games with Adira.

"But the risk... I'm a little young for that kind of potentially life-long consequence...." Beatrice sighed heavily, then said, "I just keep thinking, if only I could somehow be part demon too. Then it would negate the effects... in theory."

"Yes, my dearest darling?" He cocked his head to the side.

The two soon get called away for dinner and spend the rest of the night relaxing with the rest of Mathias's family. Once night comes and everyone goes to bed, Adira slipped into Mathias's room like they had planned. Immediately she pulled him in for a slow kiss, then nuzzled against his neck. "Thank you for letting me sleep with you again."

"In theory, yes. But there's really no way to become part demon. Its either the whole thing or not at all, unless you're born half like my children," Lucian says.

"Why are you kissing me like that when people can clearly see?" Maybelle asks.

"Well, you know, a man must do what his lady wants. Even if it means sacrificing something," Mathias says dramatically with a sigh. Then he smiles and looks at Adira. Normally, he says, "It's my pleasure."

Beatrice slowly nodded. "What's it like to be a full demon?"

"Because right now we're alone, everyone's gawking at those cars, and we were basically given approval. But I'll stop." She was right in a way, and Jack knew it.

Adira smiled and hugged him close. "You're too damn cute. You know that?"

Lucian tilts his head. "I don't know. I have nothing to compare it to. I've always been full demon. But I'm told that demons have better senses, especially eyesight. And everything we touch feels so much more intense than a human's sense of touch. We're also faster. Stronger. We live longer."

"We can kiss and all that when we're in private," May says gently. He takes his hand and laces their fingers.

Mathias shakes his head. "Puppies are cute. I'm charming."

That didn't sound bad at all.... perhaps she ought to talk to Max about that as an option.

Jack looked around and commented, "We are alone now, but I understand. Sorry."

"No. You're adorable." Adira pulled him in for a slow kiss. As they kissed, her hand strayed down to lay on his waist.

"You do understand that you'd outlive Max, right? He'll live for a very long time, but not longer than you," Lucian says. It was a painful thing, watching your loved ones die. Lucian knew the feeling all too well.

Maybelle points to Marc and Michael sitting at the other side of the room. "Not entirely, and don't apologize," May says.

Mathias smirks slightly against her lips and puts his hand over hers gently.

"I... but...." Otherwise he would outlive her. "We'll think about it all."

Jack looked over at the boys, then back up at Maybelle, and whisepred, "If they have a problem with it, they can tell me, and I will fight them for my right to kiss you. Only when you want to be kissed, of course."

Adira leaned in closer against him and deepened the kiss.

Lucian nods. "Good idea," he says.

Maybelle giggles. "If you fight my brothers I might just have to fight you back," May says, holding her fists up like she's ready to tussle.

Mathias deepens the kiss at the same pace, not wanting to accidentally go too far and make her uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back