• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dark Dreams (TommyGun15 & StartingOver)

"Soooo you literally created the best bioweapon that man has ever seen." Tor said watching the low level virus grow. "Well unless you have something that can cancel the effects of your wonder drug it might be to risky to ever leave this office." Tor shook her head. "There's simply too many bad people with enough money to get a hold of this." 

Morgan nodded at Tor's observation as he began to put his lab equipment away.  "I know.  Right now we're still working on a way to make it specifically target non-bacterial cells, but it'll take a while.  We're so close though.  We've had success reattaching lost limbs, regenerating damaged tissue, and replenishing blood in victims with open wounds.  This could do so much good if we can get it right."  Morgan sighed as he started walking towards the door.

"So." He finally said once they were taking off the hazmat suits.  "What have you got for show and tell today?  You said you had something really cool to show off?  I'd love to hear about it.  Especially since I've been beating my head against the same walls for the past few months."

@StartingOver

Last edited by a moderator:
Tor pulled out her phone and checked the time. "Well it is only 11am." She tapped her chin with her index finger as she thought. "Well I guess I can slip in and show you what we got going on down the hall." She grinned and walked out Into the hallway.

As they made their way to her lab the hallways got more populated. Tor punched in a code on the door and walked in to her lab. She slipped on her lab coat and grinned. "I love having a lab coat." Before she got to her desk. Luckily the small lab was empty. 

She motioned for Morgan to come over. 

"Okay so Monkeys are pretty much cousins to humans. We are literally 97% the same so we've been doing tests on these monkeys."

Morgan raised an eyebrow at the mention of monkeys.  "Really?  Over in bio they only ever let us use rats.  But yes, I'm aware of that."  Morgan had taken off his own lab coat when they left the biology lab.  "So, what have you managed to figure out so far?"  Morgan pulled a chair over to her desk and sat down.

@StartingOver

"Obviously cause we're better than you!" Tor looked over and stuck out her tounge at him. She started giggling to herself. She closed her eyes when she laughed for real. She took a moment to collect herself before she nodded.

She clicked on the MP4 link on her desktop. The video started with a monkey. The head gear was placed on the monkeys head. Tor's voice could be heard as she described what was being said. The head gear made a dinging noise and the monkey started to go crazy.

Morgan raised an eyebrow as the monkey began to thrash and flail in its seat.  "I see what you meant earlier.  I assume that you've managed to find a way to calm subjects back down as well?"  Thought he didn't say so out loud, Morgan had to admit he was somewhat envious of the fact that they could use their test subjects more than once.  Mental manipulation isn't lethal after all.

@StartingOver

(I have another idea for a rp!)

"Well yes yea I did." Tor said happily. She grinned and shut the video off. "We pretty much have a way to control sanity and insanity in monkeys." She grinned before turning to him.  "We're moving to ask for human trials as soon as maybe next month!" She couldn't hide her happiness as she said those words.

"I could prove everything I've been saying for years now to be true!" 

(Oh?  I'm interested.)

Morgan grinned back at Tor, happy as always to see her excited about her work.  "Oh, I definitely know what it's like to have people disbelieve you all the time.  It's hard to get investors behind experiments that don't directly serve their own interests."  Morgan chuckled slightly and shook his head.  "So, what methods are you considering for the human trials?  I'd love to hear a bit about it."

@StartingOver

(I want to do a super villan rp about some low level villans who get sucked into something way over their heads)

"Well it's not like I can do excatly what I want." Tor said shutting the computer off. "I cznt actually try to make someone insane. That crosses a ton of boundaries. I would lose everyrhing." She sighed. "So we still have yet to figure out exactly what we can and can't do but still prove that we can make it work."

(Hmm...  I think that it sounds like an interesting idea.  If you send me a link, I'd be willing to do that.)

Morgan nodded in understanding.  "Well, naturally you couldn't intentionally do that.  Logic should be tempered with ethics after all.  If I might offer some advice, perhaps you should specify that any and all changes to a person's mental state have been condoned by the test subject.  That should put any moral opposition to rest, and the subjects should be more helpful if they know what their getting into.  Or you could just use prisoners, although that can of worms probably isn't worth opening."

@StartingOver

(I'll make it tomorrow)

"I don't know Morgan's, people who sign up for things like these usually do it for payment. We barely have money to give ourselfs to get through the month. We can't afford to pay these people very much. " she looked off to the side. "Not that I blame them, if someone was going to make me insane then try and cure me I'd ask for a lot of money too." She sighed and stood up. "I don't want criminals. Last thing we need is a bunch of crazy... crazier people tuning around." 

Morgan nodded, scratching his chin.  What Tor said definitely made sense.  The last thing the world needed was for crazy people to be made even crazier.  Plus, not many people would be willing to allow their mentally ill loved ones to be experimented on unless they knew that they'd get results.  Morgan sighed and patted Tor on the back.  Then a though occurred to him, though part of him thought it might not be the best idea.  "Hey Tor...  when you start the human trials, you'll be absolutely sure you can put someone's brain back the way it was right?"

@StartingOver

Users who are viewing this thread

Back