Dancers in Emerald Twilight

NoisyCricket

Elder Member

Introduction/Story Teaser

The reclamation is starting, corrupted Exaltations make their way to the desperate and the failed, offering them hope, albeit at a cost...

Gameplay

This will be heavy roleplay. After fighting hard against a lot of rules I dislike in the system. This doesn't mean there won't be combat, just that most will be fairly overwhelming on one side or the other.

Rough Concept:

A series of adventures of various Green Sun Princes and Princesses all set in the same world. Each one will struggle with what their new powers have given them, and what has been taken away.

This game will have adult themes in it. Nothing gratuitous, but the Yozi's are monsters, and they want their creations to be too.

Requirements

This is mostly just for a couple of my old players, but I might accept a new player or two.

Only Infernal Exalted (GSPs). Exalted 2.5 rules with the latest updates. Any homebrew will have to be approved.

Note that a fair bit of this may be solo play (though if you want to join up with other players, you can). I intend for everyone to have their own agendas.

Houserules can be found here.

NoisyCricket said:

The reclamation is starting, corrupted Exaltations make their way to the desperate and the failed, offering them hope, albeit at a cost...

Gameplay

This will be heavy roleplay. After fighting hard against a lot of rules I dislike in the system. This doesn't mean there won't be combat, just that most will be fairly overwhelming on one side or the other.

Rough Concept:

A series of adventures of various Green Sun Princes and Princesses all set in the same world. Each one will struggle with what their new powers have given them, and what has been taken away.

Requirements

This is mostly just for a couple of my old players, but I might accept a new player or two.

Only Infernal Exalted (GSPs). Exalted 2.5 rules with the latest updates. Any homebrew will have to be approved.

Note that a fair bit of this may be solo play (though if you want to join up with other players, you can). I intend for everyone to have their own agendas.

This game is approved! Once you have everything you need (your old players' have posted their interest/new players have posted/been approved), let us know and we'll get started on the dearchiving process!

Captain Hesperus

Oh, this was mentioned in the original (and I'll make an edit for it), but this is going to have fairly adult themes. Nothing too gratuitous, but I want to make sure that the Princes and Princesses know that they were birthed to be monsters, by monsters.

The Supplicant of Truth wishes to resume his battles with Demons and Solars within and without!

Those are my players who I know are returning. I'll leave this up for a few days in case there are applicants.

In the meantime, would someone be able to move the forums to the ST area? I want to make sure that Feantari and Tikor can edit their pages and all before we start again.

Thanks!

NoisyCricket said:
Those are my players who I know are returning. I'll leave this up for a few days in case there are applicants.
In the meantime, would someone be able to move the forums to the ST area? I want to make sure that Feantari and Tikor can edit their pages and all before we start again.

Thanks!
Well, the ST forum is only accessible to someone with the correct privileges, but I can certainly get to resurrecting the game threads. You should have access yourself now, so if you can go to the forum and post a request using the skeleton, I can get building the forum.

Captain Hesperus

I've searched for, but haven't found, the resurrected forums. Any of you good chaps have a link?

Tikor said:
I've searched for, but haven't found, the resurrected forums. Any of you good chaps have a link?
From what I can tell, the game forum hasn't left the ST forum yet. I'm just waiting on NoisyCricket to give the okay.

Captain Hesperus

Tikor said:
From what I can tell, the game forum hasn't left the ST forum yet. I'm just waiting on NoisyCricket to give the okay.

Captain Hesperus

Captain Hesperus

It looks okay to me. Is there anything specific I need to do/say?

I moved all of the relevant threads to the subforum, and tagged what seemed to be important.

Then in that case I shall move it to the main game forums! Again, if there's anything you need, don't hesitate to ask and have a great time!

Captain Hesperus

NoisyCricket said:

Gameplay

Rough Concept:

This game will have adult themes in it. Nothing gratuitous, but the Yozi's are monsters, and they want their creations to be too.

Requirements

Okay, this game is now live and can be found here: http://www.rpdom.com/forums/dancers-in-emerald-twlight/

Players can go ahead and do their thing and if the ST could kindly edit the first post in the thread to add a prefix indicating the game's recruitment status, I'd be very grateful.

Captain Hesperus

Anyone wanting to dive into exploring the infernal condition should check this out! Very character driven and Noisy does a great job with throwing interesting things in your path and keeping the descriptions vivid.

Probably once every other day as a good limit. I am kind of busy myself, but I can usually snap off quick posts during the day, with longer posts during the evening.

And you can always get hold of me here of course.

Sounds good to me.

I've got a concept for a Slayer, with most likely a Pyrian Urge: Delzhani nomad horselord with a claim to throne, who when the moment was perfect, willfully missed an opportune chance to eliminate those Chiaroscuran Noble house members with stronger claims. he plots to sack and raze Chiaroscuro after uniting the nomadic portion of the Horde under his banner. His Urge is to return Creation's denizens to a state of purity by way of the migratory lifestyle. His motivation will be something along the lines of "Destroy the hierarchical influences reinforcing the concept of permanent settlement. Personality-wise, he will be somewhat of a gentleman barbarian - ruthless yet educated, wise in the ways of civilization enough to know its follies, and most importantly utterly convinced of the virtues of his lifestyle.

Going with that, is there anything special about character generation for the game that I should know about?

Interesting stuff. Will you be running with the 2.5 ruleset for things like Combos, Dawn Anima, Social combat, etc?

That's the plan. I know that the character creation section was written before all of that, so if something is contradictory, let me know, and I will go ahead and update things.

Sounds good. I noticed the Dawn Anima errata which made me pause for a second - at least until I noticed the formatting that seemed like the whole thread was brought over from another forum (Patternspider, I assume?).

At first glance, most of the stuff is still applicable and works nicely still. The Dawn Anima is of course already errata'd into something better working, as are the Twilight (rework), Zenith (damage nerf, its solid though given the changes to ping damage), and Eclipse (nerf, no more cherrypicking) Animas and Corebook Artifact Armor costs. Combo houserules no longer matter if you're going to go by 2.5 rules for Combos, which basically makes them no longer exist as written in Exalted 2.0 - in 2.5, everyone can freely Combo without spending Willpower so long as you follow standard Combo-building rules in how you use Charms (e.g. if you use a Simple attack Charm and a Supplemental Charm in Combination with an Extra Action Charm, you spend motes/wp for the Simple and Supplemental Charms on every attack you're granted).

That's about it, I think.

The link in the Character gen thread is dead. Is there anything special I should know about Character generation aside from the standard 2.5 stuff such as XP, spare BP, Merits/Flaws availability, etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back