• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Daemon Days(OPEN)

Vulcan

dbc891d314ad60427f633ff0e2865de9.jpg

"Fuck it, I'm bored." Vulcan kicked his fine, black shoes off the desk in front of him, admiring the glisten they emitted as moved through the air. He stood upright, scanning over his office, noting the quiet and emptiness that surrounded him. The sofa on the left side of the office remained unused for over a week now, while the seats in front of his desk for clients had dust gathering on them. "Clients just prefer over-the-phone conversations now, it's so dull." Vulcan let out a groan as he looked out the large window that made up the entirety of the right side of his office. He jammed his hands deep into his pockets of his suit pants and took a long breath, letting out a puff of smoke when he exhaled. He lets his gaze wander across the cityscape, before he settled his eyes on one thing. Off in the distance, he saw the stadium glowing on the other side of the city, emitting a dazzling glow, as it did every night. He clicked his jaw together before he spoke to himself. "That's it! I'll find myself a fighter to sponsor. It'll get me out of this fuckin' office and back out on the streets." He claps his gloved hands together, letting them emit a dull "smack" as he grabbed his jacket and started out the door, which read "Dowey, Burnem, and Howe." on the glass. 

"Philip, I'm going out." He said over his shoulder, looking back towards the trench-coat clad man behind him. "Goodness, Phil, I'm not even of this realm and I realize how much of a creep you look like." Philip shot Vulcan a sideways glare before starting after him all the while bringing his wrist to his mouth and mumbling something into it. "Ah, yes, let our friends know, Philip. Would hate to be alone on such a fine evening." Philip was one of the many tails an assortment of government agencies had placed on Vulcan, trying their best to keep tabs on him as he lived in Arnvista. Vulcan had originally objected to having constant babysitters, but learned to accept it with time. Plus, they sometimes made good company when he was bored. Philip wasn't one of the particularly fun ones, but Vulcan aimed to get him to open up one day. 

Vulcan and Philip entered the elevator in the center of the building, and Vulcan thumbed the ground floor button. He turned to his babysitter as the doors closed with a "ding" and mustered the biggest shit-eating grin his form could muster. "You wouldn't be interested in the fight pits, would you, Phil?" A raised brow answered Vulcan's question before the agent could even let out a word. "Ah, good, common ground! See, Philip, this is how trust is built. Common understanding and shared experiences! Soon enough, you'll be letting me burn down whole cities and we'll be the best of friends." Philip opened his mouth to protest, but the doors of the elevator dinged open and Vulcan exited. The daemon started to take brisk paces, getting a bit more distance between himself and his babysitter. Vulcan pushed open a pair of glass doors to the outside, breathing in the fresh air as he exited the building into the busy street. Of course, the air wasn't that fresh, and Vulcan didn't exactly know what constituted fresh air in this realm, but he assumed this was it. 

Philip chased after Vulcan, making it towards the door as the daemon turned around to him with his trademark grin strewn across his face. "Ta ta, Philly. This is where we part for tonight. Meet you for dinner? Same place, same time? Good good." Vulcan snapped his fingers together, flames engulfing his physical form and turning him into the ethereal one. Philip let out a low growl, staring at the scorch mark where Vulcan had been standing moments before. He brought his wrist up to his face again before uttering a quick "Lost the fucker, check the stadium."

Vulcan didn't go far before he rematerialized in a flash of flames a few streets down. A few civilians let out brief shrieks as the Kaiju emerged from seemingly out of nowhere. He ignored the scattered cries and continued towards the stadium, still talking to himself. "Business has been slow and Philip is being especially dull recently, I need to find myself either a new job or some new friends. I need someone with..." Vulcan stopped talking for a moment, bringing his right, gloved hand up and snapping his fingers. A small flame flickered in his hand as he did. "...Pizzaz!" A few other passers-by jumped away from the daemon as flame spontaneously came out of his hand. Still ignoring everyone else, he started his trek towards the stadium, taking in his surroundings as he did. 

Reaching the large stadium take Vulcan a few hours of walking, but what was time to a bored daemon? He rubbed his hands together and let his grin run across his face. "Now, let's find someone truly interesting..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Medeevdra followed Wren, taking a seat next to her as her companion looked through the menu. She took a short glance at her own, skimming through it, before turning her attention toward the more engaging sights: the people here. She was sure at least a few of the large populace here were competitors at the arena as well. How thrilling. 

Looking over the entirety of the colourful, cheery bar, the people she found most noticeable were a few pairs of humans and daemons; particularly one in an orange robe talking to a younger man. Intriguing. She watched them with an unintentionally very intense gaze, a part of her wondering what they were speaking about. Oh well; perhaps if her suspicions were correct- or perhaps they were hopes? Either way, she had a feeling that she would see them again. She turned back to Wren and her menu, staring at the list of food items.

She was certain she had no knowledge of what at least half of them were, nor did she have much of an opinion or preference for what she would want. After several minutes of almost mindless pondering, she finally decided upon a simple plate of fries. She ordered her food as quickly as she could before turning back to her companion, making a few curious glances at the two humans conversing. 

Ah, truthfully, a bar was just as fun as any stadium. The thunderous talking, the merry drinks, if this wasn't a representation of life itself Claire didn't know what it was. She cheered as she received  a drink, swallowing it down within seconds! What a taste, what a lavish enjoyment! Yes! Claire nodded to herself at her drink, watching the crowd... she didn't remember most people crowding around one person being a common thing thing. Could it be...was there someone more famous than Claire around? To see such a rival in a place like this... this was truly good fortune!  To that end, she focused, tuning out the white noise in the room, being cheers and laughter in some parts of the room, seeking to gain information, listening to anything worthwhile. There was talk about someone ... someone being the killer mentioned in the news earlier? That briefly intrigued her, but she doubted it. A killer wouldn't go around talking about  his conquests... much less even risk that by being in or near a bar in the first place. She got up, stretching for a moment as she did so, walking over to the crowd.

"Leave the guy alone. Anyone with eyes should realize this guy didn't do anything, it's obivous from his tone and statements, if anyone would care to bother with seeking the truth.... blindly following an accusation is no way to live!" She says, her hands on her hips in full supreme-leader-lecture mode. "Besides a killer wouldn't be caught dead in a place that is known for loosing ones lips... as much as i would applaud the audacity of one to do so!" She says. WEll...that was Claire for you, always appreciating upfront rather than stealth.... if a killer actually did that... she might actually actually praise him. "Move along, nothing to see here... well, that's me, and i gladly accept your stares, if not then back away!" She says

With that, she turned to the being in question. "And you, quietly resisting  wht is thrown at you is no way to live! restraint only breeds weakness! Stand up for yourself! Fight!" She says, giving him that flashy smile. "I will buy you a drink now, and you will lavish me with  your story." She says.

There was other talk about people getting  ready for matches and she ordered them a drink as well with a note 'Enjoy your fight! Fight well and make the audience dance- Claire."

Ah.... yes, THIS was life!

@Zaltusinel @PPPauper

-Ace-

I noticed the crowd come to reason, shifting down into the music again. Shifting to the beat and flowing out their emotions again. Good. I adjusted my sweater to lay back over me once Silé lowered herself off of me. Pretending to be a jacket, I doubted my acquaintance noticed Silé. I looked her over, shuffling her badge into her body. She doesn't need any attention especially due to her anti-social nature. She's been staring around the room looking at the humans and other Daemons. Even now, she lived the spirit of the job, but as I notice two Kaiju enter the bar, she shifts her attention to them. I yank her right arm and she turns back to our acquaintance. Kaiju have enough attention already and I felt sorry for them, always having Humans up your ass is annoying. For the few I get, I can't honestly stand it. But, I do want to fight and somehow convince Ryder to do so in a few years. So I'll get used to it. I slipped my deck of cards out from my sleeve and slide a few cards in my hand in front of her, all being aces. "By the cards! You are a blessing." I place a finger my index finger on her lips, for fun and her reaction. Not something I generally do, but hey, I felt this resurgence inside of me. Was this what Ryder was talking about? Maybe he set me free to see who I am and I knew I liked him more.

I waved off her comment with my other hand. then brushed my hair, extending them out slowly before tipping the ends in the black of the endless night. Stepping back a step or two, I stood beside her spreading a big smile, the one Ryder always called my "Vampiric Smile", revealing my fangs that were also tipped in the black of the endless night. I kept my smile as she approaches the bar, bringing my back a drink. Alcohol kindled me in it's heart because I love alcohol, its sweet taste running down my form. I guided her over to the other notable pairs. Mostly the dragon, I suddenly felt intrigued by their friendly nature to the other human. Maybe I can make some friends of my own! Silé slithered over on the ground for reasons I can't tell. Oh! I lift up my bottle to her, yakking like a Joker, "The name is Ace Belren. So you want to hear my story? Well, it won't be too exciting, but its quite comprehensive. It all starts with my Human brother Ryder and his intelligent yet fearful grandfather...." @ValkyrieRose@Mega@PPPauper@Solaire_

“That… would be great actually,” Leon hesitated before responding.  Well, that was unexpected, no use turning down free food though.  It was weird, being approached by an opponent before they met in the arena, usually people didn’t want anything to do with him, or more accurately, he supposed, the places he usually frequented.  Nobody went to the slums if they didn’t have to, and the kind of people that seemed to end up in the brackets were either sponsored in some way or had the money to find nicer places.  Not like the slums had any rooms for tourists anyway.

Weird aside, his night just kept getting better and better, first a promising turn of events in his seemingly endless hunt for a job, and then free food.  Yeah, even if nothing came of the interview he’d definitely be back here in the future, if only because it was lucky.

Taking a closer look at the man and his Daemon, Leon’s gaze turned appraising, the he kept it mostly lowered, skimming over the menu as he thought.  If he remembered correctly, this particular team was a spot below them in the rankings, but that was about all he knew.  After he and Oz started getting higher in the bracket they’d started suffering more consistent losses.  It didn’t bother Leon so much, and while Oz was disappointed, after he was assured it was no big deal he too had easily gotten over it.  Admittedly, the few fights they had participated in had seen much growth between the two of them, but Leon didn’t put much hope in them winning.

His attention trailed back to the menu for a closer look.  Something soft probably, easily eaten and easily kept down.  A vegetable soup then, there wasn’t much in it, but Leon wasn’t sure his mom would be able to keep down anything thicker.

There wasn’t much point in continuing to enter I.D.C.C. fights.  The whole reason they started was because it was better, both from a safety stand point and a pay out one, than the illegal fights he and Oz used to do before Leon turned eighteen.  If they lost the next day’s fight with Seitsu and Porm, Leon decided that would be there last one.  There was no money in losses, and hopefully they’d have a real job they could rely on instead pretty soon.

Leon looked up when he was ready to order, asking for that bowl of soup, to go if it was possible.

Turning back to maybe pick up more conversation with Seitsu, he almost stopped short when he noticed several things at once.  First, there was a couple of Kaiju at the bar on Porm’s side.  For whatever reason it didn’t seem like the dragon had noticed either of them yet, despite their close proximity, though, to be honest, just a few months ago Leon wouldn’t have recognized them as anything other than regular Daemons either.  It was entirely possible neither Porm nor Seitsu cared enough to acquaint themselves with what the Kaiju looked like.  As long as it didn’t become dangerous, Leon was willing to simply ignore them. 

Second, there were two different people coming over their area.  There was something odd about the orange haired one, but Leon wasn’t willing to push the issue, there were plenty of strange folks out there, pondering over speculations and unfounded feelings wouldn’t get him any answers, and he didn’t care enough to talk to him.  The other one was a young woman, loud and full of energy, calling over the boy Leon noticed earlier.  Something told him to watch out for that one, though he somehow doubted they’d be meeting again soon, if at all.

Anyway, back to Seitsu, the man was buying him food after all. “Seitsu, right?  And Porm?”  He hoped this guy was the talkative kind.  This could get awkward otherwise.

@PPPauper

As a general rule, Wren didn’t tend to notice other beings for any more time than she needed to get what she wanted, be it information or equipment, and that was the extent to which she interacted with the world outside her own ideas.  Not on purpose mind, she’d made attempts to be more social of course, as evidenced by this night out with Medeevdra, she was just easily distracted.  So it must have been something really special for her to not only notice Medeevdra was taking interest in the people sitting next to them, but also that Wren felt the need to turn her own attention to whatever the other Daemon was looking at.

It was that human in the orange cloth again, talking to another human.  He wasn’t wearing something that was fit for the winter either, so maybe it was just a matter of preference?  She’d look into that.  When Medeevdra turned back to her menu, Wren turned to look at her.

“Do you know them?” she asked, then immediately refocused on her food as it was given to her.  Trying the fries first, Wren glanced briefly back over to Medeevdra, still expecting an answer.  Oh, the fries kind of made her mouth dry.  It was probably the salt, she recognized the small crystals from one of her earlier projects in chemistry.  It was ionic with a strong attraction to polar water molecules, causing it to absorb water even right out of the atmosphere.  She took a slow sip from her cup.  Strange, weren’t most kinds of salt poisonous to humans?  Why would they want to eat it?  Unless it was sodium chloride, that didn’t have adverse effects on the human body unless consistently consumed in large quantities.  She supposed it made more sense if that was the case.

Wait, she was here with someone.  Forgetting about the fries Wren turned back to Medeevdra to see what she’d ordered.  Yet more french fries it looked like.  Why were they French anyway?  She was pretty sure they didn’t actually come from France.

@Solaire_

There were Kaiju in the Bar.

Bandalur grumbled irritably as he stood behind the bar, scratching behind a tattered ear with a claw. The Daemon could handle many things. Unruly Humans and Daemons with too much liquid coruage and too little sense, fights, riots after Sporting events, even particularly nasty breakups. These things he had seen and dealt with in short order all within this very building. It was never a serious problem for him. Long ago, before he knew the meaning of Legal Employment, the Daemon had been a Thumper in the Underground Rings. It was nasty work, but the skills he'd gained doing it were indespensible in running his own business. All things considered, Bandalur was certain that he was well equipped to handle any probem that came through the door.

But Kaiju were another matter altogether.

Kaiju didn't visit bars, and they certainly didn't do it in PAIRS.  Bandalur wasn't sure how to feel about the whole thing. On the one hand neither of them seemed to be looking for trouble and where even eyeing the menu as if they wished to order. On the other, Bandalur did not trust any of his other Customers to not scause trouble. Alcohol made warriors out of even the weakest of men, and the Daemon knew that anyone drunk enough and stupid enough to try and tangle with a Kaiju would end up getting themselves killed, and worse still, his Bar destroyed. Bandalur let out another grumble, rubbing at his face tiredly with a massive paw. He was probably overthinking things, but he knew from experience that NOT overthinking things could cost one dearly. Bandalur waved one of the Bartenders over, pointing a claw at the two Kaiju seated across the room. "Keep an eye on both of 'em for me. They don't look like they're here to start any shit. But someone else very well could. It'd be bad for business if some drunk asshole got themselves killed......Or if the Bar got destroyed." The Daemon waved his Employee off with a grunt, no longer interested in speaking. They didn't think anything would go wrong, but they'd be lying if they hadn't been surprised before. 

The Daemon calmed himself, and resumed watching the Bar. It wasn't normal for the owner to be watching the front of his own Business, but he was shortstaffed and he preferred to keep an eye on things personally. This time around it'd proven to be a good thing, as he wasn't sure if any of his Employees plannd to inform him that Kaiju were wandeing around the Bar. Bandalur's eyes traveled over the Bar again, spotting several new faces in the crowd. The Daemon could spot an out of towner pretty easily. They tended to look a little too awestruck with their surroundings, and they always smelled different from everyone else. Bandalur always tried to get them to order the most expensive items on the Menu when they showed up, they probably wouldn't be back and it wasn't hurting anyone.

Aside from their wallets of course.

Miho Banner.jpg

"Ye, two ciders flying your way!"

Hurriedly tying her dark hair back into a ponytail, cigarette butt clenched between her lips, the lowly slum girl turned booze handling extraordinaire was taking orders from the counter with the ferocity and charisma of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart courting Marie Antoinette. Droplets of sweat trickling down her bare neck tickled her spine as they began their slow descent, before being thrown off in disarray as Miho flexed her broad shoulders back and forth when bringing drinks to the counter. One filled, another to go. Vodka in this, a touch of tomato juice, some Bourbon in that... another "Bloody Mary", another old-fashioned "On the Rocks"... Miho was precise in her craft and consistently diligent, puffing away on cigarette smoke all the while. She was wearing a sleek, black leather tank with thick brown straps that shined in the dim lighting among the smoke and her sweat, and it clung in a complimentary fashion to her toned figure, accentuating the small of her back. Her apron was nowhere in sight, most likely tucked away in some corner as the result of an absent-mind. 

She finished the last round of orders for the given moment and slumped her elbows upon the counter, supporting her head in the cushion of her palms. The cigarette was nothing more than a smolder now as she leaned into the bar counter, legs back and chest forward, arching the small of her back. Eyes spaced, mouth slightly ajar, she neither focused on anything nor thought of anything, allowing the moment to exist for none other purpose than a breather. The tumultuous atmosphere of the room continued on as Miho slumped further into her empty zone, her alternate breather dimension. Then, a call, and a wave spotted in the corner of her peripheral vision brought Miho back to reality in an instant, the gears in her head turning as quickly as ever like they had never stopped at all. It was Bandalur, the manager beckoning her, his clawed finger outstretched. Miho's gaze followed that claw as she approached, finding it led to two peculiar individuals seated nearby. Clearly they were Daemons, but Daemons didn't necessarily equal a recipe for trouble, so Miho fixed Bandalur with a questioning arch in her eyebrow, the corner of her mouth turning down.

"Keep an eye on both of 'em for me. They don't look like they're here to start any shit. But someone else very well could. It'd be bad for business if some drunk asshole got themselves killed......Or if the Bar got destroyed."

Miho nodded slowly. "Ye, boss," she responded, her gaze still fixated on the pair as she smashed the smolder between her teeth to an even smaller crumple before idly tossing it away. Extending her arms to the ceiling, one grasping the other, Miho bent to one side and then the other in a long stretch, omitting a few "pops" as she did before rotating her head in a full circle, more "pops" ensuing. Satisfied, she placed her palms on the counter again and leaned forward in a pointed way towards the peculiar Daemon pair, commenting to Bandalur as she did, "If they're trouble, waiters are just gonna feed 'em as usual, without a second guess as to their persons. Why don't I offer 'em a few drinks..." She pushed herself from the counter to an upright position, briskly stepping out and around the bar and marching towards the table in question. They're probably some high ranking douches that the boss recognizes, she mused to herself upon her approach. He was a thumper, eh? I bet he knows a lot of scum, or can at least recognize one by their demeanor. Well, anyway...

Hand on hip, a foot away from the table, her eyes flitted between the two patrons. The corner of her mouth formed a gentle smirk as she offered to the pair, "Can I hook you two up with some drinks?"

@Solaire_ @Mega

"Oh, no, not at all. I just found something about them quite curious." Medeevdra replied, turning her entire focus back onto Wren. "I rarely remember or truly 'know' any humans I've met thus far." She confessed, glancing at the food that had just arrived, and looking at her companion's as well. A "hamburger", she believed it was called. "How is your food?" She inquired, gingerly picking up one of her fries to consume it herself. Her single French fry was only just about to approach her mouth, or the location where one should have been, when a voice interrupted. 

She turned to face the voice that had just spoken. A waitress, it seemed. Something about her expression did not seem entirely trustworthy or friendly to Medeevdra. "Hmm. What sort of drinks do you have?" She asked curiously in response, leaning her arm against the counter habitually. Being utterly unfamiliar with anything in this bar, much less any bar in general, she was quite unknowledgable with drinks or food. She never quite thought of consuming edibles as something enjoyable as some other daemons did; she hadn't bothered much trying it out, either. She was only able recall a couple of times where she had ever eaten something. 

Her uneaten French fry now forgotten in hand, she turned to Wren momentarily, awaiting what she had to say in response to the waitress' question. 

@Mega @Emperor Shadow IV

Miho Banner.jpg

"Hmm. What sort of drinks do you have?"

It was almost comical, the french fry delicately held between her fingers, an aura of curiosity (or was it total naivety?) surrounding the creature, and a question so innocent as "what do you have." Miho was, admittedly a little caught off guard by the response. Most patrons, regardless of it being their first time at the Tortoise, at least had a concept of what a 'beer' was, and if at a loss typically ordered the cliche beverage. Did this Daemon, did these two Daemons, even understand what alcohol was, or know that the primary function of a bar was to serve alcoholic beverages? And there was no point carding them, as Daemons had the distinct luxury of being privileged bastards and could drink regardless of age. These were the .5 second thoughts racing through Miho's mind at the moment she promptly responded to Medeevdra's question with a gruff chuckle. She held up one glove clad hand and began rounding off names, saying "Oh, Bourbons, Whiskeys, Rum, Vodka... Beer, you know, classic stuff, though I can make 'em fancy for ya." She searched either Daemon's face, contemplating their comprehension, her gaze unfaltering. "Alcoholic beverages," she added briskly after a pause, her hand still held up with all five fingers splayed to represent the respective alcoholic drinks aforementioned.

Now it wasn't the first time Daemons had wandered in, ordered generic "human food" and left without ever touching the bar, nor was it the first time Miho had encountered a creature who had no concept of alcohol, but it did catch her off guard whenever it did happen. The monotony of serving drinks over a counter every day to the laughing, drunken faces of office employees, Arena combatants, or to the somber ones who came in from the slums or other parts of the Red Light District, left Miho in what sometimes seemed a perpetual daze. The faces all meshed together, the voices all the same, the tears and the laughter indistinguishable. Every bit of it made up the bar's environment, which long ago Miho had become desensitized to. She often would forget who the regulars were in all actuality, and from time to time embarrass herself as a result. Therefore it was no surprise that the young bartender would be caught unawares from time to time when "know-nothings," such as the two before her, turned up. Perhaps, in a way, it was refreshing. 

@Solaire_ @Mega

-Ryder-

I'm thankful that Daemons came into the world. So those long, boring hospital visits, that I hate, turn into something nice and short. Of course since Ace wasn't around my father pestered me about taking some bodyguards, ha! like I'd ever do that. The old "I got to use the restroom." trick with Daemons, the easiest way to exit their sight and out of their minds, yo. The door spreads in front of me and oh baby, it felt good to feel that breeze. Slidin' down my face as lovers of the night. Imagining Ace besides me, but that was a long shot, he always tenders up to me as a sibling, but no way in 'ell would he be that way with me. Twinkling stars, whispering tree branches, the sounds of the city roaring as a rock concert. Smooth yet powerful. I jumped and patted my sneakers together as I jogged down the street, letting my feet pop as Pop Rocks on my tongue. The bright blue of Gazeté tower in the background hummed out light, shrouding the hood in blue, letting sadness seep into every soul. I could still feel the life of the city, happy as can be. No one was sober enough to accept it. Ha! Many faces past me by, some making finger guns, others peace signs. What can I say, this is cool to be popular! My head dropped back, no one followed me, good. I dip into an alley with the creaky staircase, passing over onto the next street. Multiple Daemons hitched a spot around, but none of them cared about me, guess they don't have a trailer. I so winked to myself. I looked down at my shirt, realizing I only had my jacket on. No wonder the female audience looked at me with giggles and smiles. I scratched the back of my head, lifting up the sick leather jacket I jumped overjoy for from my father. He's probably going to kill me, but I know where Ace is I'm sure. He's probably at Starfall Arena, seeing if anyone could help or talk to him I'm sure. I slid down the handrail leading down to Starfall Street, where I walked about ten blocks to the entrance. A statue greeted me as I dipped my pockets; I sat beside the little biography of some president during the Daemon migration, reading it. Why not? Then, as I dabbed in front of this statue, I noticed a small simmer in the Arena. Some sort of fire but way to small to cause any trouble. I squinted, noticing someone that obviously was a Daemon. Huh, maybe they talked to Ace. I whipped out my phone, pulling up my favorite picture of me and Ace. He wore a set of striped, racing swim trunks with red and blue dots dashed across the black and white, I had my arm around him, pointing to him as he blushed and kind of looked away. He hates pictures, I tell you, but he'll take 'em for me. There were a couple slides in the background, but mostly you could see my friends Shawn,  Micheal, and Joshua hanging all over him. I mean he did dive from the top of the slide down to twelve feet water and picked out a pair of goggles, so we were so proud of him. His right arm stuck to my side a little and I'm surprised my blush didn't come through. I guess he was too red for me, maybe I should eat more ginger? I so winked again bro.

As I approached the Daemon, I noticed he wore a very nice suit, those padded ones that look very fashionable and slightly loud for a suit. A rich Daemon with style and honestly looking bored af, he must totally be a Kaiju man. Ace totally drove a bus of words down his throat. I mean, he'd be a cool guy to get advice from. As I entered the Arena, I excitedly howled, "Hey Mr.Kaiju, have you seen this guy? He's my brother, Ace." I stepped up the pace, as he turned around. Eyeing the picture in my hand. As I thought about Ace's career in fighting, I realized how little support I gave him... I hate fighting for money, or in general, but when justice is to be done, the police better stay off my turf. So maybe I should tell him, that'll train with him? I guess... maybe I should think about it. This guy right here, however, comes first yo.

@Romulus Scipio

Daniel walked through the streets, his headphones were around his neck and the faint hum of a song could be heard. As he walks his Daemon companion appears by his side and looks at a couple who freeze dead in their tracks as they lock eyes on the daemon "I never grow tired of feeling the fear of mortals. I find it strange that you do not have the same reaction though, maybe you spend too much time with me. Whatever happened to that girl you used to talk to?" Khorne looks down at Daniel who simply laughs and replies "you got angry and drained her blood remember? Not that I'm complaining, she loved causing arguments so a few months in ICU should cool her off." The pair laugh as they walk into a coffee shop. Khorne disappears for the time being as Daniel orders himself a coffee and sits by the front window. After a while his coffee is delivered to him and he takes a small sip of the boiling liquid. Khorne appears once again and reaches into Daniel's bag "I think I shall treat myself to a small drink as well, if that is okay with you" the Daemon pulls a small phial of dark red liquid. He opens the top and pours it into his mouth and then returns the phial back into the bag "it's lucky I let you have my blood isn't it? I mean I don't have much of a choice, I either let you have some of my blood every other day or you get angry and then you go and find someone else to drain." Daniel chuckles as he takes off his hate and pats his hair down. He looks at Khorne and smiles, he never would have imagined that a creature like this would be his companion and it both scared and excited him in equal amounts. As long as Daniel gave Khorne a small amount of blood every so often the daemon would remain docile but if he didn't get blood he'd go into a rage and find someone to completely drain. It had only happened once to Daniel's old female friend and, while it didn't bother him, he had decided that it was best to start giving Khorne his own blood instead.

@Anyone looking to interact

Vulcan

"A child?" Vulcan murmured while looking down at Ryder. "That's not what I had in mind when I wanted something interesting." The kaiju sniffed the air, searching for something nearby. "I can tell you've got a bond with a daemon though..." He still wasn't quite talking to Ryder, more talking towards his direction. "Hm..." Vulcan spun around a few times, looking for something. He didn't need to look around to see, but he had picked up on human intricacies and started to perform their actions when he wanted to make emphasis. 

The daemon dropped down to a knee to get closer to Ryder. He looked closely at the picture and then back towards Ryder. Words flowed from Vulcan, yet his mouth did not move at all. "Sadly, I haven't seen your friend, child. But I've a question for you." Vulcan took another pause and ignited a small fire in his hand, no heat radiated from it, it was simply an illusion. "You know I'm a Kaiju, you're obviously bonded with some other daemon, presumably the person you're looking for. Aren't you scared of me? You haven't heard the horrid tales of us Kaiju? Terrors from the other realm? Destroyer of cities? Killer of daemons?" Vulcan stops again and shows his multiple rows of teeth, much like a shark. He continues while still keeping his jaw aloft. "We eat human babies, and all that. We're scary, don't you know? Hell, we don't even pay taxes. We are such MONSTERS."

Vulcan stands back fully erect, closes his jaw, and douses the flame in his hand. "And on a final note, aren't you a bit young to be at the fighting arena? All sorts of unsavory live about here. I'm sure your parents would be distressed you're here in the first place, let alone talking to me. The last thing I need...again...is to have some parents claiming I'm abusing their child." Vulcan begins mumbling to himself. "I didn't even touch the kid, hell, he would've known if he would've been abused...oh he'd know alright." Vulcan shakes it off and looks back at Ryder, awaiting the answers to his myriad of questions.

@Zaltusinel

IMG_2082.JPG

annabel smiled happily as she sat there on a near by hill with an art esil and a canvas with paint. Nagendra off in the distance as she pained happily before smiling excitedly and picking up the canvas. Looking to nagendra one more time before nodding and gently carrying the canvas down the hill she was on. knowing no one would find her art supplies as she made her way to nagendra. She had been painting a peoce of him for a while now and was so excited that it was done she had to show him her work hopping he'd like the art. They'd talked here and then but she'd mostly been obsessed with examining him to get the painting right.

Nearing where Nagendra was she smiled as she looked up at the massive kaiju and waved up at him as she called up. "Heyyyyyy!" She yelled up at him with a happy smile and wave as she set up the painting and called up again. "I finished my painting of you!!!! Do you wanna see?!?!" She yelled up at the mighty beast

@Ramjammer

There was very little that Audrey hated more than Paperwork.....Well actually, if she stopped to think about it, there were PLENTY of things that Audrey hated more than paperwork. But thinking was something that the Junior Officer left to the many Scientists scurrying around in the Headquarter's Labs. Practically everyone that Audrey knew would tell her otherwise of course, but  the opinons of other people was also something that Audrey didn't really put too much stock in. 

The red haired woman leaned back in her desk chair, gloved hands rubbing tiredly at her eyes. She tried to not let her foul mood overtake her, but it was proving difficult. She should have been at home sleeping, something she didn't get much of in recent weeks. But as she'd been learning over and over, sleep was not a luxury afforded to anyone working for Apex, even on their schedualed days off. Audrey placed both hands behind her head and stared up at the ceiling before letting a frown settle even more firmly on her features. Richard had left in a hurry and only stuck around long enough to bark out a few orders to her before hurrying off with Nikhil. Even worse, Lorette had decided in her infinite wisdom to take sudden overseas trip had had taken Matsuko with her. Audrey had been left to in charge of the building all alone, and she wasn't even the slightest bit prepared for the responsibility that came with it.

Well, she wasn't COMPLETELY alone. The Night Crew patrolled the building along with her, and Sanzir was never far from her side. She was pretty sure that Allister was lurking around the building too but she had yet to see him, something that the Junior Officer was glad for. Allister wasn't completely unpleasant to be around most of the time, but he had a habit of attempting to adjust Audrey's clothes and lecturing her on 'Aesthetics' while doing so. Audrey was also positive that he would try to rearrange her Office if he was able to get in there, no doubt while bitching at her about the mess she kept it in. Audrey took a moment to glance around the cramped space, papers and soda cans littering the Office floor. As far as she was concerened piles of trash was a good aesthetic, Allister just lacked the sense of style to see it that way.

Deciding that she'd moped around long enough, Audrey sat back up and resumed shuffling through her paperwork, a loud sigh escaping her. It really DID need to get done, and it wasn't as if she had much else to do. It was a little difficult to remain focused though. Her mind kept wandering back to Richard and Nikhil's abrupt departure, and more specifically the Chief of Security's terse manner. To be fair, Richard always seemed pissed off about something but his mood had been especially foul when she last saw him. He obviously didn't feel comfortable leaving Audrey in charge of things, as evidenced by his constant orders to 'Not fuck things up' while he was away and the reminder that if he did, that she'd find Richard's foot up her ass the second he got back. The Junior Officer let out another sigh. She hadn't exactly asked for the responsibility, and if she had her way Matsuko would be her with her to help run things. Hell, at this point she'd even prefer to have Nikhil's company, he wasn't Security but he was at least responsible. Audrey briefly wondered if this was some sort of test. If not from Richard, than from Lorette herself. Calling the CEO an enigma would be putting it lightly, and it was certainly  something she'd do. 

Audrey just wished that someone else was getting tested.

Out of all the things on Earth, the sky had to be Nagendra's favorite thing.

Granted, he hadn't seen anything else the Earth had to offer. Even if he wated to, he couldn't go and see those things anyhow. At least not without upsetting hundreds of thousands of people in the process, and Nagendra was nothing if not well mannered.  He knew that there was no sky in the Void. At least not one that made any sense. Though if the serpent thought long and hard about it, the wondered if that were true at all. He could only vaguely remember a time before coming to rest on the Mountain that he now called home countless milennia ago. He knew that he'd been in the Void many times longer than that, but he could only gather but a few shreds of memory of that time. All that he knew was that he'd one day left the Void, and on that day he came to Earth and slept for a long time. Since awakening Nagendra had spent his time in meditation hoping to reclaim those lost memories, but they were far and few between and the fuzziness that had settled on his mind frustrated him on ocassion.

Fortunately he had the Sky to look at.

It was pretty and big, bigger than even him. Something that Nagendra didn't think he would consider possible if he hadn't seen it for himself. The Sky changed colors too. Most of the time it was a great deep blue. Sometimes it was pink, like the flowers that grew on the Mountain during some parts of the year, and at other times it was a swath of orange and gold, as if set aflame. But Nagendra's favorite was when it turned dark and steely gray when the rain came. The rain was his second favorite thing about Earth, it felt nice on his scales and if he was particularly lucky, lightining would strike him, sending a wonderful tingling sensation across his scales. The Humans that lived at the base of the Mountain did not enjoy the Storms as much as he did, but he supposed that made sense when they had many other things to enjoy other than Storms.

Nagendra liked the Humans too. They were small, but they somehow managed to contain hopes and feelings bigger than Nagendra within their bodies. It was puzzling, and so the Daemon meditated on this too at the Mountain's peak. He did not often need to meditate long on it, the Humans came and went from the Mountain to visit Nagendra in an almost constant stream and so he was often able to learn from firsthand experience. Nagendra was glad that they took the time to visit him, they always brought stories of places beyond the Mountain and the Daemon was content to listen to them speak. It broke the solitude and monotony, and it certainly made being unable to move that much easier to deal with.

The Kaiju heard a voice from far below, hundreds of feet near the ground. In his musings he'd failed to notice one of the Humans trying to get their attention and he wondered if they had been calling them for very long. Time was not a concept that Nagendra kept at the forefront of his mind, but he knew that Humans did not have such a luxury. The serpent's massive head drifted down towards the Human, a young girl. She was holding something over her head, a square object with many colors splashed on it. The Kaiju's eye struggled to focus on the small thing, the Human girl's form reflected in the giant orb right along with a likeness of the Kaiju himself. Nagendra did not know much about painting or art, but they could tell that the Human girl had worked very hard on it. She was smiling proudly and seemed excited to show him.  She said that she made it for him, and wanted to know if he liked it, and Nagendra felt a sense of pleasure gazing upon the small square that some how managed to contain his giant form. The Kaiju smiled and he was sure that from where the Human stood it would seem to go on forever.

"I do like it. It is one of my favorite things in the world."

@Daniel reaving @Prizzy Kriyze

Daniel finishes his coffee and leaves his money on the table before leaving. Once outside he turns his music back on amd begins wandering. He was pretty much a newcomer to this town and he had never really explored every nook and cranny of it and he only knew where the very basic things were. In truth Daniel didn't have many friends so there wasn't anyone to show him around town and he'd always worried about being killed in the streets so he had never done much exploring but now he had a Daemon at his side he felt like he could do anything. Daniel turns down another street and passes a bar with a few patrons inside. Khorne had once said wanted to try alcohol, maybe Daniel would take him inside some day.

@Anyone looking to interact

-Ryder-

I cocked my head to the side, halfway laughing. I mean yeah he's this big powerful kaiju, but look where that gets him, he propably has a babysitter who he destests as their up his ass. I pulled my phone into my pocket, shutting the screen up. I sighed, Ace's must not be here. I hope this kaiju realizes that the arena is like the apocalypse empty when there's not a fight going on. It's become a great place for Daemons to gank higher leveled ones because they vulnerablize themselves sparring. 

"So funny, if you actually knew anything about human biology, I am no child." I glided my jacket down my arms, dropping to the floor. I hanged my hands back, showing the multotude of hair across my body, showing my armpit hair which was slightly growing back from shaving it. I twisted my stomach to show the muscular form had, not like omg much but enough. Maybe I should workout more, it would help Ace out if I was stronger. "I'm looking for my brother, since he does singles, I figured he would be here. I guess not... My parents honestly are the busiest people I know, they're really used to me depending on myself, Ace, and the various guardians I have. And final note to you flamboyant one, you maybe so big and powerfull compared to humanity. But, you guys are always bored, so much I even suggest that the meaning of your lives is dependent on humanity." I shook my head, reaching for my jacket, "I'll be fighting in a couple years, Ace is already experienced and good in singles. I want to fight beside my brother, because there is nothing like fighting with someone you love. I fear that you'll never feel that, that only Ace has a chance to be free from this curse that has been laid on you. Now, why do I care? My family has a history with Daemons, and many of them are literally part of the family. My father has three Daemon siblings. Basically, I love Daemons, you guys mean everything to my family and my grandfather shows this the most with his research firm in Germany, Maxim. And the person I love closest to my heart is a Daemon. You see, I hate how Daemons are treated, and I'm not letting Daemons out of my life even with the stuff now. You guys don't deserve the treatment, the babysitting, or threat to make you leave!" I looked into the Daemon, twisting my jacket back on. Even to a kaiju, I will not backdown. 

@Romulus Scipio

Daniel pulls his phone out of his pocket and sighs, nothing as usual. He had to make friends eventually or he'd be driven to madness "it's like Doctor Faustus by Marlowe right now, my only friend is a Hellish creature. Not that I'm complaining about that, it's just I need to talk to other humans too" Khorne looks down at Daniel and shrugs "I understand what you mean, the only difference between your situation and Doctor Faustus is that I grant you real power. There are no illusions and I'm not sticking around to steal your soul either. Maybe look for people who have Daemon partners too? They might understand your position a little more than people who don't have them" Daniel looks at Khorne with a little surprise in his face, he hoped he hadn't offended the Daemon by comparing him to Mephastophilis. Daniel opens the door to a takeout shop and waits for Khorne to vanish before entering, once inside he begins checking over the menu deciding what to order.

There was very little that Audrey hated more than Paperwork.....Well actually, if she stopped to think about it, there were PLENTY of things that Audrey hated more than paperwork. But thinking was something that the Junior Officer left to the many Scientists scurrying around in the Headquarter's Labs. Practically everyone that Audrey knew would tell her otherwise of course, but  the opinons of other people was also something that Audrey didn't really put too much stock in. 

The red haired woman leaned back in her desk chair, gloved hands rubbing tiredly at her eyes. She tried to not let her foul mood overtake her, but it was proving difficult. She should have been at home sleeping, something she didn't get much of in recent weeks. But as she'd been learning over and over, sleep was not a luxury afforded to anyone working for Apex, even on their schedualed days off. Audrey placed both hands behind her head and stared up at the ceiling before letting a frown settle even more firmly on her features. Richard had left in a hurry and only stuck around long enough to bark out a few orders to her before hurrying off with Nikhil. Even worse, Lorette had decided in her infinite wisdom to take sudden overseas trip had had taken Matsuko with her. Audrey had been left to in charge of the building all alone, and she wasn't even the slightest bit prepared for the responsibility that came with it.

Well, she wasn't COMPLETELY alone. The Night Crew patrolled the building along with her, and Sanzir was never far from her side. She was pretty sure that Allister was lurking around the building too but she had yet to see him, something that the Junior Officer was glad for. Allister wasn't completely unpleasant to be around most of the time, but he had a habit of attempting to adjust Audrey's clothes and lecturing her on 'Aesthetics' while doing so. Audrey was also positive that he would try to rearrange her Office if he was able to get in there, no doubt while bitching at her about the mess she kept it in. Audrey took a moment to glance around the cramped space, papers and soda cans littering the Office floor. As far as she was concerened piles of trash was a good aesthetic, Allister just lacked the sense of style to see it that way.

Deciding that she'd moped around long enough, Audrey sat back up and resumed shuffling through her paperwork, a loud sigh escaping her. It really DID need to get done, and it wasn't as if she had much else to do. It was a little difficult to remain focused though. Her mind kept wandering back to Richard and Nikhil's abrupt departure, and more specifically the Chief of Security's terse manner. To be fair, Richard always seemed pissed off about something but his mood had been especially foul when she last saw him. He obviously didn't feel comfortable leaving Audrey in charge of things, as evidenced by his constant orders to 'Not fuck things up' while he was away and the reminder that if he did, that she'd find Richard's foot up her ass the second he got back. The Junior Officer let out another sigh. She hadn't exactly asked for the responsibility, and if she had her way Matsuko would be her with her to help run things. Hell, at this point she'd even prefer to have Nikhil's company, he wasn't Security but he was at least responsible. Audrey briefly wondered if this was some sort of test. If not from Richard, than from Lorette herself. Calling the CEO an enigma would be putting it lightly, and it was certainly  something she'd do. 

Audrey just wished that someone else was getting tested.

Out of all the things on Earth, the sky had to be Nagendra's favorite thing.

Granted, he hadn't seen anything else the Earth had to offer. Even if he wated to, he couldn't go and see those things anyhow. At least not without upsetting hundreds of thousands of people in the process, and Nagendra was nothing if not well mannered.  He knew that there was no sky in the Void. At least not one that made any sense. Though if the serpent thought long and hard about it, the wondered if that were true at all. He could only vaguely remember a time before coming to rest on the Mountain that he now called home countless milennia ago. He knew that he'd been in the Void many times longer than that, but he could only gather but a few shreds of memory of that time. All that he knew was that he'd one day left the Void, and on that day he came to Earth and slept for a long time. Since awakening Nagendra had spent his time in meditation hoping to reclaim those lost memories, but they were far and few between and the fuzziness that had settled on his mind frustrated him on ocassion.

Fortunately he had the Sky to look at.

It was pretty and big, bigger than even him. Something that Nagendra didn't think he would consider possible if he hadn't seen it for himself. The Sky changed colors too. Most of the time it was a great deep blue. Sometimes it was pink, like the flowers that grew on the Mountain during some parts of the year, and at other times it was a swath of orange and gold, as if set aflame. But Nagendra's favorite was when it turned dark and steely gray when the rain came. The rain was his second favorite thing about Earth, it felt nice on his scales and if he was particularly lucky, lightining would strike him, sending a wonderful tingling sensation across his scales. The Humans that lived at the base of the Mountain did not enjoy the Storms as much as he did, but he supposed that made sense when they had many other things to enjoy other than Storms.

Nagendra liked the Humans too. They were small, but they somehow managed to contain hopes and feelings bigger than Nagendra within their bodies. It was puzzling, and so the Daemon meditated on this too at the Mountain's peak. He did not often need to meditate long on it, the Humans came and went from the Mountain to visit Nagendra in an almost constant stream and so he was often able to learn from firsthand experience. Nagendra was glad that they took the time to visit him, they always brought stories of places beyond the Mountain and the Daemon was content to listen to them speak. It broke the solitude and monotony, and it certainly made being unable to move that much easier to deal with.

The Kaiju heard a voice from far below, hundreds of feet near the ground. In his musings he'd failed to notice one of the Humans trying to get their attention and he wondered if they had been calling them for very long. Time was not a concept that Nagendra kept at the forefront of his mind, but he knew that Humans did not have such a luxury. The serpent's massive head drifted down towards the Human, a young girl. She was holding something over her head, a square object with many colors splashed on it. The Kaiju's eye struggled to focus on the small thing, the Human girl's form reflected in the giant orb right along with a likeness of the Kaiju himself. Nagendra did not know much about painting or art, but they could tell that the Human girl had worked very hard on it. She was smiling proudly and seemed excited to show him.  She said that she made it for him, and wanted to know if he liked it, and Nagendra felt a sense of pleasure gazing upon the small square that some how managed to contain his giant form. The Kaiju smiled and he was sure that from where the Human stood it would seem to go on forever.

"I do like it. It is one of my favorite things in the world."

@Daniel reaving @Prizzy Kriyze

IMG_2082.JPG

Annabel couldn't help but give the big beast a beautiful excited smile when she heard him say it was one of his favorite things in the world. It excites her so much as she spoke. "Thank you. It took me a while but I'm glad it came out the way I wanted it to." She said with a smile to him. The painting was of almost all of nagendra mostly his backside being hidden. The paining depicted the massive Daemon laying comftrbly on his mountain and watching the bright red and pink sunset go down behind the city. She had him baciacly perfect and even managed to give off a look of serenity on the beasts face without making him look less like he did. It was one of her favotrites now. Plus the added bonus that he loved it as well. "I'm so happy you like it Nagendra. I'm thinking of a way to make it bigger so that you can see it better." She told him happily 

Vulcan

The Kaiju let out a quiet "What" as Ryder took off his jacket in front of him. Was Vulcan the one being assaulted now? He didn't know. This human might be more odd than any daemon Vulcan had met to date. Daemons always had such clear intentions, as opposed to this one. Vulcan couldn't even tell what his true motives were. Troubling. Regardless, Vulcan inhaled an exasperated breath and let out a plume of smoke. "Daemons always have motives, and we aren't particularly tied to humans. Some don't find much better to do, but I'll have you know that I survived prior to entering the human world, and I will survive when humans have eradicated themselves. I'm no simple, bored Kaiju. No, I am the..." Vulcan took a dramatic pause before wrapping himself in illusionary flames. Vulcan uttered the final part of his sentence in a deep roar, shaking the surroundings. "...THE ADJUDICATOR." 

The flames around Vulcan dissipated and he returned to his normal mannerisms. "I've been a mediator spirit for eons, and I will continue to be one for eons to come. Despite how humanity, or my fellow daemons, feel on the matter. And you say you hate how Daemons are treated? What if I told you maybe it was for their own good they be oppressed? If they weren't, then you'd only have daemons like myself and a few others to play cleanup crew, hm? For the sake of humanity's survival, I would recommend keeping a tight leash on the daemons around you, lest they become too power-hungry to contain. I've had to hunt down great, powerful daemons who took it upon themselves to cause mass destruction and death upon your realm. You really think every time a disease sweeps over humanity, or a "natural disaster" strikes, it is because of mere chance? No, no, daemons have been killing humanity slowly for centuries, and only recently have your kind began to sense the effects. I wish I could be as blissfully ignorant as a child." Vulcan still referred to Ryder as a child, despite his...odd...way of trying to prove he wasn't. He scanned the arena around him, waiting for the flood of fighters to come pouring in. This conversation was...odd, to say the least, and Vulcan wanted to get a good seat for the fights coming, despite the fact it might be hours before they even started. Also, it wan't like Vulcan couldn't just take a seat from someone, but that would be rude. 

@Zaltusinel

-Ryder- 

Interesting, a law enforcer of the Daemons. So sad how blind he is to the fate of Daemons, how they, no matter how hard they try, will fall into purposelessness with human intervention. "Motives" he's calls them, he may have one, but he maybe the only one to have it. I kick my leg back let it swing to its original position. My voice stirred, losing it's joyful tone. I laugh at him, did he realize most of my chest was bare anyway?"Daemon, its called science. The laws of this world are sovereign and while we all share this realm, the void is explicitly tied to this world. Your powers are part of this world, our world. The void is no different. Maybe because its becoming more hostile is the power of the human collective. The power of the human soul is still untapped, unfulfilled. While I understand your viewpoint, I only laugh at how you believe the darkness, no evil, of Daemons is the cause of everything. Maybe you have forgotten the greater evil of humanity? Sometimes the perspective of a being can be clouded by its own fears. Even you fear Adjudicator. Face it, I do too, but what I fight for is not for the criminal or the devil of the Daemon. But for the angel in the Daemon, the thing worth fighting for. The void will be gone from existence if this world falls. The connection not easily observed directly, but implicitly, you show this. I wish I could hide behind my powers like you. Hide behind your powers where nothing can touch you, but can this truly last? Do you realize we are yin and yang, forever bickering?"   

@Romulus Scipio

Vulcan

If Vulcan had eyes, he would've been squinting in displeasure at the current conversation. Here he was, wasting his time debating the finer points of daemon-human relations with a child. This wasn't what he wanted to be doing right now. He blew a few smoke rings out and let his attention wander for a moment. "All I wanted to do was meet an interesting fighter, and instead here I am making auditions for a debate team." Vulcan mumbled to himself before redirecting his attention to Ryder. "I can promise you these things. Daemons have existed for longer than humanity by a longshot, and I can assure you, looking back through history at the truly 'evil' humans, they have had assistance from daemons. I've hunted down my share of pairs long before this arena was even dreamt up. The greater 'human evil' makes me chuckle, as that idea can only be accomplished with the assistance of a daemon." Vulcan's voice trails off as he blows a few more smoke rings into the air and bats them away after a few seconds. "And the only thing fear is this conversation continuing. Fear is never a thing that has bothered me, and it never will be. It would be difficult for you to understand this idea since you can't level a city without exerting a large amount of effort." He mumbled the last part, realizing it probably wasn't the greatest thing to spout off in the middle of a crowded arena. 

@Zaltusinel

After eating his food and paying for it Daniel decides to pay a little visit to the arena. He had heard talk of it a while ago and Khorne had suggested they go and check it out at some point and see what it was like. When they arrive Daniel looks around and whistles in surprise. Khorne appears next to him and scans the surroundings. "whatever you do, do not engage in conversation with any Daemon that claims to be a Kaiju...they're not like me. They're more powerful but luckily for you, I can take them on in a fight"

@Romulus Scipio

Stains. Everything leaves a stain. 

Alexander frowned as another black smear was left across his tattered clothes as he quickly searched and grasped for his tools. Filtering through a sea of paint cans and bottles, he was able to feel out the large metal hook. Pulling out the vicious object and attaching the end to the chain wrapped in a bundle against his waist. It was pitch dark in the slums, as always was, but he was able to see just fine. He figured it was thanks to the help of his partner. He was beginning to take these gifts for granted. Things weren't always this smooth. No, not even close. He sometimes wondered what the little devil was thinking, allowing him to do whatever without question. Did he ever think what he did was petty? Or did he enjoy these adventures? Whatever. He can't be bothered with those random thoughts while he is on a job. He breathed a little and gave a tug, starting the hook one slow round at his side then rapidly whipping it round and round like a propeller. He stood up now, coming to the edge between two apartment buildings, eyeing the ledge of the flat roof across the large gap. The street below seemed like a pair of lines drawn in dirt at this height. Alexander pulled back his arm and raised a leg, much like a baseball pitcher would be while sizing up a shot, not even considering that a mistake at this point might cost his life. 

With a low grunt he let the spinning chain fly out, the metal zipping through the air like a bullet and sinking into the cement with a heavy thunk.

Giving it a tug to make sure the line was firm, he started into a sprint over the side, plummeting into the darkness below. A moment later the line goes tense and Alexander can be seen kicking off the building as if riding a swing. His hands slapped softly against the wall as he lowered himself down a few stories, his feet finding place alongside the windows. Hearing laughter, he went stiff. He glared at the chipped and decrepit old wall, seeing a mother and father and their daughter. It was a family eating dinner, the plates and utensils clattering as they prepared their table.

"Fuck..." he sighed, "Sorry for ruining this for you people, but a job's a job." shimmying over and jump over another set of windows, then pulling out his second hook. Leaning back now, Alexander loosened the chain and stared hard through the wall, seeing smoky figures gathered around. They were packaging stuff into boxes and smoking. 

Letting out another breath he kicked himself off, the chain acting like a swing as he dove forward, the world around turned completely black for a moment. 

Vulcan

Vulcan had heard human's sneeze whenever someone talks about them, and while daemon's don't sneeze, Kaiju get a prickly feeling when someone close to them is speaking ill of them. For Vulcan, the feeling was constant. He spun in the direction of the daemon bad-mouthing him. "Oh how quaint, this one actually thinks he can fight Kaiju. I do love overzealous daemons, it just tickles me." Like everything else, the Kaiju had no clue what tickling actually felt like, but he assumed it was horrible. He pokes Ryder's arm with a long finger and points in Daniel's/Khorne's direction. "Please, child. I require you to point and laugh with me. It adds emphasis when a group does it." Vulcan lets out a few deep "HARHAR's" before dropping his finger back down and tilting his head. The duo certainly had strength, he could tell that much. Vulcan remained unimpressed, however. "Pride proceedeth the fall, or so I've heard."

He spun his fingers around in the air few a few seconds, looking at a poster on the wall next time him. "I've been here for what feels like hours, debating the finer points of daemon-kind and looking at children flash their abs at me. Can a fight please start soon before I lose what questionable amount of sanity I have left." He squinted over the roster, trying to decipher any names that stuck out to him. Of course, Vulcan didn't frequent the fighting arena much, so all the names looked unfamiliar. The stadium was becoming more crowded though, Vulcan could tell that much. It shouldn't be too long, he hoped. 

@Zaltusinel

@Sierra-117

“It’s alright,” Wren replied, when asked about her food.  She didn’t like how much salt there was, it made the fries too dry and she was already out of water, but the way they crunched in her mouth was oddly satisfying.  It was hard to tell if the hamburger was good or not, to be honest.  She’d only taken a few bites out of it so far, and she though it was pretty good, but there was no frame of reference, and so no way to tell if there were better ways to make one.  She figured so, but from her limited experience, it was enjoyable.

Wren watched as Medeevdra picked at her food, nibbling on another one herself, a small smile pulling at the corners of her mouth.  It was turning out to be quite a nice night, relaxing in a way she rarely felt as well as strangely informative.  If this was a consistent outcome, she might come back here in the future.

What she felt must have been a comfortable silence fell over them, and she wondered why this was something she was trying only now.  Even having just met the other Daemon, just being around someone else was pleasant in a way she hadn’t considered before, and she hoped Medeevdra wouldn’t mind a visit herself.

Turning at the sound of someone speaking from behind her, Wren caught sight of a woman asking if they would like anything to drink.  Hadn’t she already gotten a drink though, glancing quickly back to the empty cup sitting with her half-finished meal for confirmation.  Yeah, there was her finished cup of water.

Before Wren could turn her down, Medeevdra broke what had turned into a contemplative silence, wishing to know what kinds of drinks were served.  Frowning slightly, Wren felt the tips of her wings ruffle in a deep disappointment at her lack of forethought.  Of course it was entirely possible they served drinks here that weren’t explicitly on the menu.  She should have considered that, completely forgetting she didn’t know what most of the things on the menu were anyway, and more choices would only have confused her.

Suddenly tuning back in when the woman answered, Wren immediately pulled out of the nose dive her good mood had taken.

Alcohol, huh.  Maybe she should get some, Wren did want to know what it tasted like, but she also had no idea what it would do.  She’d wait until she could conduct proper testing.  That way if there were any adverse side effects she would know about them in advance.  There also seemed to be a lot of different types however, so it would stand to reason if different kinds had different levels of alcohol.  Or did they just taste different?  She wasn’t sure, there were still a lot of unknowns, considering she’d only just starting thinking about the properties of the stuff tonight.  Yeah, she’d hold off until a later time.

“No thank you,” Wren told her.

@Emperor Shadow IV @Solaire_

Users who are viewing this thread

Back