• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

D&D: The City of Shaldra~Zin

Jameak spoke "Jaks, where did she go? We need to find her so we can find out what happened and if we can still save anyone." He looked at Kelter. "I'm sorry Kelter, I should have trusted you and gone with your judgement. You were right all along about her."

"No worries cleric Jameak. I am a cantankerous old man, someone needs to question my ranting or this world is doomed." Kelter said smirking. The paladin was not as amused as he lead on, but it seemed like the fastest way to get things moving. He looked up and to the North side of town. There he saw the Temple of Pelor. This temple was much more grand than the temple in Shaldra~Zin.

A zig zag road leads up a large hill to the Temple. This temple is easily 5 times the size of Shaldra~Zin's temple, round, modern and built from more precious materials. The thing that made Kelter question this temples authenticity was the lack of windows and presence of roof top. He couldn't understand a Temple to the god of light without....light.

"Hmmmph, Shall we go to this religious summit as was our mission when we left Shaldra~Zin? If nothing else is yielded from this experience, maybe they will give us shelter and food. Let us hope unleashing the damned upon the earth doesn't dampen their spirits..." He looked to Jaks at the end.

Even though Kelter asked everyone if they wanted to go to the summit, he did not truly consider it an option. He began walking slowly towards the goal not contemplating anyone else's possible desires. In fact, it wasn't until now that he noticed they had picked up some form of ranger in their midst. Kelter did not interact with this ranger or attempt to obligate him into joining the party. He left that social decision to the rest of the group.

"She escaped with the other zombies, blended into a crowd of them," said Jaks to Jameak. "I don't know where she is now."

He followed Kelter, leaving Jameak to deal with the newcomer and his pet.

They continue up the hillside towards the Bexely temple of Pelor. It is a wide cart path dug into the side of the hill. There is a beaten path of cart wheels and feet in the soil, which is looser than youd expect. Unlike the rest of this glorious and decrativly built city, this path is just built to be affective.

The path crosses back and forth on the hill to make sure the incline is managable for fully loaded carts. Walking to the top of the hill takes just long enough for party members to start wandering what happened to there luxury cart ride.

Once the party is standing at the temple doors they realize the true size of the building. It is massive. 4 stories tall, but only 1 floor. The outside is made from large sections of white marble and golden detailed designs trim everywhere the builders could think of. Oddly not a single window or door besides the main enterance.

A bald man with blue glistening skin stands in the doorway. He wears red and orange robes that look like free flowing fire. Hes slender and looks snobby at the best of times. A small green imp flies next to him writting in a large book with a feathered quill.

If you near the door he stops you and asks for your names.

Dorric breathed heavily, the adrenaline leaving his system as the battle and the green smoke induced vision weighed on him. He wasn't too worse for wear, though the smoke had harmed him just a little. He kneeled down and scratched Adrora behind the ears, paying no mind to those around him. "Sorry you didn't get to do much, maybe next time." The spell he had cast to speak to her was still in effect and she nuzzled up to him. "Do not worry. I do not thirst for the kill as much as you, dear friend." Dorric nodded and stood, turning his attention to the man who had claimed to be the owner of the forge he had been looking for. "You, Talion, was it? I came here to restock on arrows and you said you were the owner of the forge, am I correct?

Talion, wiping the sweat from his forehead, had taken a few deep breaths to calm himself after quite an excitement. He brought his sword up to his shoulder and let the broad side rest on his body, visibly moving up and down from his breathing. He spoke after catching his breath enough, "Whooo. I have not experienced a thrill like this for too long. I wish I was an adventurer, not just a smith..." When he heard the ranger speak and ask about his forge, he smiled and replied, "Of course, my friend! You have aided us in battle and you certainly deserved those arrows! You will only have to pay half the amount! Would anyone else like to resupply themselves if a regular old blacksmith can help?" He asked the group with a smile on his face.

Kelter would have taken Talion up on his offer, had he heard it. The notched and worn greatsword on his back was reaching the end of its days. Even the cheapest twohand weapon replacement would be an improvement. Unfortunetly for the paladin, his old ears couldnt hear the offer as he set out towards the temple.

Kelter, Jaks and Jameak stood at the door in silence for a moment. Kelter looked to Jaks then Jameak to see if they had a response. Then Kelter smacked his lips together a few times as if he had been chewing something the whole time and just now got the taste in his mouth. "I guess I will introduce us." He clears his throat and brushes off his bloody clothes. "We are the representatives for Shaldra-Zin's Pelor temple. We seem to have missplaced our liaison and carriage somewhere in town. I hope that doesnt cause a problem here."

The blue man looked over Kelter's armor. The crest of pelor was large and unmistakable. He nodded and the imp started righting. "Your names?" The blue man droned with a voice that sounded like it was under water.

"Kelter, Jaks and Jameak." The names were written in and the man moved out of the door way. "Follow the hall straight into the main room." Kelter did not hesitate to enter.

Although the outside of the temple is stone, the inside seems to be made of metal. There are no seems, rivets, bolts or welding marks. It looks as if this is one massive sheet of steel bent to mold the interior. Or maybe it was liquified steel poured over the entire building and smoothed out as it cooled.

Every 20ft there are stain glass windows on either side of the hallway. Each is a beautifully crafted image of a good deity in a moment of glory. Rays of color flood the room from both sides merging together into white light by the time they reach the center of the hall. Even though there is nothing on the other side of the glass windows but smooth steel wall, they shine as if it is always mid day behind them. This is the magic of Pelor at work.

At the end of the hall is a large circular room. Easily 4,000sq ft. In the center of the room is one large tree baring yellow fruits. The roots of the tree grow down into a small island of earth surrounded by a shallow mote of cool water. Everything beyond this water is well shined smooth steel. Besides the tree the room is empty. Many hallways, just like the one leading into the room, lead out of the room in every direction.

After making the exchange with Talion at his forge, the effects of his spell on Adrora eventually wearing off, Dorric looked at the man, brow furrowed. "Have you experienced anything like that before? Undead and strange green smoke? I, uh, had a vision when the smoke came toward me. I felt like I was choking, and then it cleared and I was back in the alley, a strange feeling about me."

Naxtaroth said:
After making the exchange with Talion at his forge, the effects of his spell on Adrora eventually wearing off, Dorric looked at the man, brow furrowed. "Have you experienced anything like that before? Undead and strange green smoke? I, uh, had a vision when the smoke came toward me. I felt like I was choking, and then it cleared and I was back in the alley, a strange feeling about me."
Talion enjoyed doing business with anyone, especially people who he thought was going to use his weaponry well. He chuckled when his new friend asked him the question about whether or not anything happened like what they had just experienced. He spoke, "Have I experienced a fight before? Of course! Have I experienced green souls possessing people and trying to kill me and my friends? No. But stranger things have happened. Hell, I've been in relationships before! Hah! Imagine that!" Talion patted Dorric on the shoulder and laughed with such heart and genuine happiness. It was sad that he was able to make himself laugh this much.

He continued to Dorric, "Well, if there is nothing else you need, we shall get a move on for the others. More arrows? I might have a few left over. Although I will admit, they aren't my specialty. I have a knack for greatswords, if you'd like to see for yourself." Talion grabbed his greatsword and suited up in his plate armor once more, ready to leave for the rest of his adventure. He would have to close up his shop and make sure no one tried to steal his children.

Jaks hung back behind the paladin and cleric. This wasn't the kind of place he was used to. If it had been a bar, shady alley, or backroom shop, Jaks would have already confidently made a move. In this beautiful, well lit place, however, Jaks did his best to remain invisible.

Dorric tensed at the shoulder pat, not fond of interaction with people, let alone being touched. However, he could see this man was obviously quite amused with himself, so he simply gave a half-hearted smile back. At the mention of joining the others who had been in the alley, Dorric tried to think of a way to tell him that he was only here for arrows, though, eventually his curiosity about whether the others had experienced visions from the smoke as he did overruled his initial purpose here. They had all just survived something very strange and he wanted to know what was going on. He remained silent after the exchange, keeping close to Adrora as they headed to where the others had went off to. He kept a hand close to the hilt of one of his shortswords, keeping his attention moreso on his surroundings than where he was going. He didn't want any surpises, but he knew carrying his bow around in his hand could be a tad suspicious and would draw unwanted attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
--The parhway to Temple--

Dorric and Talion would see the aftermath of the battle during their walk. It wasnt as physically destructive as they would imagine. It is clear by the lack of casulties and collateral damage, these creatures meant to flee. They did not linger or murder anyone that crossed their path. They ran.

The real damage here was emotional. Families had just watched their loved ones run away from the city. People who had just died rose up again possessed by someone else's soul and rushed out into the world. Some believed it was their loved one rose up again. Some believe its pure evil at work. Some just worry that the souls will not be at rest.

A woman with a blackeye sits on the steps of her home crying in her husbands arms. She tells the story of seeing her dead father walking through market this morning. She ran to hug him and she was struck down. Her father ran away like an criminal. She hopes her father is ok and sends her oldest son on a quest to find him.

A paladin gears up for war and mounts his horse. To him this is the work of a great necromancy. To him this is death magic spitting on the sanctity of life. He trotts off to find the great evil wizard who caused this and he promises to kill them.

A wizard who sees the truth in these events prepares his books. He plans to hun down every last one of these body thieves to kill them on behalf of the families in Bexely. Meanwhile his scorcerer brother marches off to protect these new creatures right to live.

With the city is such an uproar. It takes Talion and Dorric much longer to reach the summit. 30minutes longer at least.

---The Temple of Pelor---

Jaks, Jameak and Kelter are joined in the main room of the temple by Guisays the genasi who took down their name. "Now that you are here we can begin introductions..." he said as if they had been waiting patiently for hours already.

Guisays walked to the center of the room, beside the tree. "Representing worshipers of Fharlaghn in the south...and east....and west.....and north....Please welcome Mr. And Mrs. Vox! " From one of the tunnels a couple emerges. Two aarakocra of different subraces. A tall slender man and a short fat woman with their arms around eachother. The man is dressed in a button up tropical shirt and shorts, carrying a colorful drink. The fat woman wears a sundress, large beach hat. Their heads snap back and forth to admire the surroundings. They look like tourists in their way to a beach.

"Representing worshipers of Gond are the dragonborn brothers Hexlor and Heramdor. Inventers of the warp ring and the re-refractoring arcane ruby." Two similarly shaped figures walk from another hallway. A tall slender reptilian figure with a pompus attitude. Hexlor stands just over 7ft tall but he is thin as a rail, wrapped in his own wings like a bat. His brother Heramdor is just shy of 6ft and twice the width of an orc. Unlike his regal brother he is in soiled mechanics clothes. Several belts, packs, wrenches and greasy tools hang off his bulky form.

"Dryads from the southern forests of Yancal. Princess Myrda and her personal guard." A gorgeous dryad woman slowly and confidently walks from a tunnel. Her green skin gleams like varnished wood. Her hair is an afro of leaves and twigs. Its hard to understand where or if there is a distinction between her skin and the flower dress she wears. One would wonder if stroking the pedals of her dress was any different from placing a hand on her breast. On either side of her stand two towering men. They rival the dragonborns in hieght and width. Each of them hold a halberd and towershield.

"The glorious and legendary Galent of Gon!" Guisays announces with a smile. Several woman usher our a large, monsterous floating head. Its flesh is rough, thick and brown. Its teeth are sharper than spears. A single large, lazy looking eye rests in the center of the face. Many long fingerlike tenticals flow from the top of this creatures head, each with an eye at the end of it. All these tenticals are held straight down like hair beneath a large golden crown. A closer look reveals this crown to be some kind of arcane device. Small whisps of magic energy dance along the surface of the crown.

"From the arcane motropolis of Magiloria, representing gnomes of Glittergold. Dalmerock Gnarleshine" The blue skinned announcer points to a hallway and no one walks out. For a moment there is silence. Then an explosion in the middle of the air. Colorful fireworks and crackling sounds. Then a gnome dropped from the air. "TaDa!!"

"Representing the mighty believers of Kord, Monty Adonis Nixon" A human walked out of the hallway posing to show off his muscular body. Then he brandished a high protein powder. "Pick up your samples of 'Of your own a-Kord'" Guisays sighed and shood Monty away.

"Finally, may I introduce the litch queen Bellathora and the wraiths of Viganti." A small girl seemed to float into the room. Her ears look elvish, but she has no other elvish features. She looks more like a 14 year old human girl with pail skin in a tight black dress. Black cloaked figures swirled in around her then bowed politely to the crowed.

"Please enjoy the summit!" Guisays finally bowed and dismissed himself. It seems he conpletely forgot to introduce the party from Shaldra-Zin. Jaks Kelter and Jameak will need to introduce themselves.

Not feeling very sociable, Jaks wandered around the room, not joining any circles or discussions. He did, however, keep his ears and eyes open for anything interesting, especially the group of girls that had brought a monster into the temple.

[dice]23596[/dice]

From what information Jaks can gather in their conversations, each of these women are married to the Galent of Gon. They seem happy to care for him in the later years of his life. One speaks with Guisays requesting food, drink and other comidations for the room they are staying in.Guisays seens more than happy to help.

Jaks arched an eyebrow. Married to the Galent of Gon? As in...that thing? Well, he wasn't here to judge. He then turned his attention to the dragonborn brothers. Perhaps they would have something more interesting.

[dice]23739[/dice]

Jaks' closer look at the dragon born brothers revealed a lot that would be missed at first glance. First being that they were clearly not brothers. Proportions and skin tone alone prove that they come from separate subraces. Hexlor, tall, slender, noble, wrapped his scaley wings. But Jaks keen thieving eye notes something below those wings. There are very finely crafted mage robes and golden chains hidden away, below even that there is the sparkle of gem stones.

The shorter brother Heramdor, bulky, humble, gruff and wingless. This brother did not wear the finer things or even indulge in them. He rested his arms over the multitude of wrenches, pouches, hammers and screwdrivers that covered his waist. The two of them argued quietly about the stability of their latest invention. Hexlor insisted that it was ready for production and sales while Heramdor insisted some kinks be worked out first. Its unclear what invention they are talking about.

Kelter and Jameak felt more at home than the rogue. They looked around at the rest of the religious representatives and attempted to decipher their believes. Kelter being a more sheltered paladin who spent most of his time in the temple, could not recognize most of these worships. Heironeous, Saint Cuthbert, Pholtus and Trithereon he knew something about simply for their relationship with Pelor, but beyond that he was lost.

Jameak must have been a little more worldly in his services to Cuthbert. He was about to understand the basics of each religion in the room. Some he had even studied through personal interactions in the past. He confidently approached gnome representative for Garl Glittergold.

Jameak had worked with gnomes of Glittergold before when he completed a quest for a priest of Pelor. They began to converse about good spirited pranks.

Kelter, on the other hand, walked to the center of the room and analysed the tree. Its possible magic properties intrigue him. While looking the tree over he was approached by the Monty Adonis Nixon of Kord. It is clear that their personalities do not mix, even from across the room. The pompous and obnoxious Monty attempted to push his protein product and challenge Kelter to arm wrestling matches. The paladin of Pelor did everything he could to disarm the conversation and make his distance without actually walking away.

The ranger, panther, and fighter finally arrived at the temple. Not really sure what to do, Dorric and Adrora stayed back, letting Talion take the lead. As he glanced around, Dorric saw many strange creatures. Some he recognized, yet others were completely foreign to him. His eyes shifted around, always keeping a watchful eye of the room for any signs of sudden movement or danger.

A man with blue glistening skin approached Dorric and Talion. A small imp floated beside the man holding a quill, ready to write in a large book that floated in front of him. "Ah, more late arrivals... How splendid..." The man disapprovingly groaned. "Now what are your names and who do you represent here at the summit?"

Jaks perked up his ears and decided to hang around the dragonborns to see if he could get more information on this invention they were making. There may be something valuable to learn. If there was nothing more to learn or if he was noticed, Jaks would move to another group.

[dice]23883[/dice]

While Jaks listens in to the dragonborn brothers he understands the invention they discuss. It seems they have brought with them, a warp ring. This device has the ability to transport its wearer long distances in a split second. There is no question in their mind that the device will transport its wearer safely. There only concern is the accuracy of the warp ring in an inexperienced hand. Jaks would immediately understand this to be an item, no only of incredible power, but an item of incredible worth.

Dorric looked at the strange blue man with the imp floating beside him. Adrora pushed up against the back of Dorric's legs, crouching low a bit, scanning the room for any oddities. Dorric half paid attention to the man speaking and half was waiting for Adrora to give him a sign of "Something is wrong." or "Everything is just fine." He pointed at Talion, speaking quickly and to the point. "With him. Not even sure what this is. He's got friends here." With this Dorric went silent, turning his full attention to looking for any signals from Adrora and scanning the room himself.

[dice]23922[/dice]

[dice]23923[/dice]

(Well, I guess they'll both come to the same conclusion about anything they'll find xD rofl, what are the odds they'd both roll a total of 8.)

The blue skinned man, Guisays, attempted to reach out and stop Dorric. Just as he did Talion Responded. "He is Dorric and I am Talion of the Bexeley forges. We are here representing the agnostic common man!" Then Talion pushed past Guisays causing him to spin 360. The imp tried to scribble this information down but was pushed aside as well causing them to write 'Dorric and Talion of Bexeley for--------- -_- ~~~'

Guisays rushed past them into the large room passively tossing out interjections that were easily ignored. "Ep...But...Excuse me...Sir...I just need....Heh, ah. oh no..." Then he cleared his throat quickly and mustered an introduction. "Introducing Dorric and Talion of Bexeley, representing the....heramurahh *Cough*" He mumbled and stumbled through it. Then bowed while they entered.

"Now, with everyone here, may I suggest you see to your rooms and get comfortable. Dinner will be served around the great tree in 1 hour!" Just then a group of Pelorian paladins entered the room and helped everyone find their rooms. Dorric and Adrora would notice many oddities in the room, but before they could really understand what they were looking at, everyone was ushered out of the room. 2 Paladins per group, helped with bags and escorted everyone out of the big room through short hallways. These short hallways led to an outer circle of the building. At this outer circle of the building there is a hallway that walks around the entirety of the temple connecting all the smaller hallways.

When they each enter their rooms they find more than modest accommodations. Large rooms with high ceilings. The wall opposite from the door has 4 tall stain glass windows lit brightly by Pelorian magics. To the right and left of the door are 2 large comfortable beds covered in pillows and sheets. On the table sits a basket of fruits from the great tree.

As everyone is settling into their rooms the Lich Princess makes her rounds with her wraiths. She politely introduces herself and thanks everyone for coming to this wonderful religious summit. Her black cloaked wraiths then slither around her and present the room with a massive gem. They look to be emeralds the size of watermelons. "please take this as a gift from my people. It should cover the cost of your journey here and allow you to bring something back to your people. A token of peace and hope." Then she would move on the next room and repeat the process like a well rehearsed play.

Dorric, a tad uneasy at the Lich Princess's presence, took the emerald cautiously. Though he was suspicious of the gem, as hard as he try he couldn't sense anything magical about it. He turned to Talion, attempting to take it for himself. "Well, if she's going to be giving these to every group, then I would assume the other three will get their own. Perhaps we should just keep this hush hush and I could hold onto it?"

[dice]23928[/dice]

[dice]23927[/dice]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back