• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

D&D 5e: The Butchers of Buldran

Syboden peered at the map, making some markings on it outlining the road. Perhaps the markings on the map referred to something along it? An inn where they might find this individual, or some kind of hideout? Either way, Syboden was sure it couldn't possibly be too hard to locate revolutionaries. Everyone in this godforsaken land looked so downtrodden, anyone who didn't have a bent back and a tremor in their voice looked out of place.

The bit of advice about the hammer was a fair point, though the tiefling found it hard to believe anyone would be loyal to the monsters that created this poverty-stricken hell of a kingdom. Ah, well. There were always slimeballs willing to ingratiate themselves to even the worst scum in exchange for preferential treatment. Syboden wondered briefly if she'd be able to cast an illusion on such a powerful object. If nothing else, they could always wrap it in some cloth and call it a day. Maybe dirty it up a bit, look like something not worth stealing...

"Thank you for your help. You're very brave, the both of you, to assist us. Will you be safe, once we leave? Will these...Butchers...retaliate against you for helping us?"

As much as Syboden longed for a bath and a long rest, it would do no good to stay here. They'd be sitting ducks. Better to confer and leave as soon as possible, camp out on the road. Lay low for a little while. With the map and some supplies, they'd not need to stop in another town for a while yet. The land looked rather desolate, but that ranger fellow looked capable enough. Perhaps he could hunt them some fresh meat? It wouldn't be the first, nor the last, time the wizard had roughed it. First in such a large company, though.

"And another thing - do you know if there is anything here we could use? I've a bit of coin, and I can do some magic in exchange for goods. Mend broken things, that sort of stuff. I'm looking for any spell components, perhaps potions or medical supplies...anything you can spare, I'll trade or barter for."

"I don't believe we are in any more danger than usual. If anything the butchers may be so frustrated with your efforts that they will be too busy hunting you down to give us much bother. I suspect that the sooner you leave the safer we will be." The boy said while he and his sister finished their food. She packed together the dishes including the one given to the older boy. Then she brought them into the other room to be cleaned.

The boy cocked his head back and stared up at the uneven ceiling. He contemplated so hard his face contorted into a painful expression. “I can’t think of anything we have that would be of use to anyone. We don’t have enough to be useful for ourselves, let alone others. You already own the most precious items we have ever heard of.” He nods towards the hammer and gestures towards the clothes of Halohunter. “ I am afraid those will have to do. And you may be surprised to know. Other than Halohunter’s home there isn’t much to fix. These things are not broken, just crafted poorly to begin with. It is the best we can do with what we have.”

Maribelle felt like they had gotten all the information they would get out of these children. She was also starting to feel cramped into this building. She pushed off the wall and stepped out of the building without saying a word. Once outside she took a long deep breath of ‘Fresh air’. It still smelled of burning wood, but she enjoyed that sent. The sooner they left to kill this Butcher the better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maribelle saw a large crow sitting on the rooftops. Its form was loose flowing like a dark mirage. Its head quickly snapped to one side and it set eyes opon her. Ruby red eyes. The creature let out a strangly low potch caw and leap from its perch. Meribelle felt a chill crawl up her spin and she reached for her weapon when she saw the crow swoop down towards her.

"Be gone!" She yelled swinging her axe down on the bird. She missed, the bird flew right through her. But the bird was just a distraction. Before she could raise her weapon again, a large knife lodged in her chest. A blood rusted, jagged blade with a long chain attached to its hilt.

Maribelle held back the cough of blood and grunted. Her teeth clenthed tight and blood ran down her chin while she struggled. She grabbed the chain and wrapped it around her better arm, pulling at it with all her might. For a second she made progress then it went tight wrenching her arm painfully in its grasp. "Help.." she said quietly realizing she had lost.

The weapon in Maribelle's chest jerked her off her feet and began dragging her through the dirt courtyard. Only a few seconds ago she was watching a crow caw on the rooftops. Now she watches an upside down image of the butcher mounting a black fur dire wolf. She looked towards the townhall doorway hoping someone would come for here. Then the dire wolf ran. Dragging her off into the horizon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back