• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Cyberpunk RP?

sailormewn

Anime Mom
Hello! I'm working on cooking up a Futuristic/Cyberpunk roleplay. If you can achieve it with technology you can do it as far as body mods and ect. go. Thinking there's some different organizations competing for power/information. An (obviously corrupt) government, maybe a sort of cyberpunk computer worshiping religious cult, some freedom fighters? I am in the process of naming these groups and such but I guess I just wanted to see if this sort of world piqued anyone's interest before I put too much effort in xD (Also if you are interested in this and have ideas feel free to pm me! I love a good brainstorm session!)

I have enjoyed Cyberpunk in tabletop games many times. I'd be happy to translate over to a written rp. My favorite character worked with a mercenary group for hire as a sniper. The group would get recruited by different agencies for missions, and sometimes got caught up in political power struggles. My character took the name "Bishop," saying he refused to be a pawn in the master's games. He didn't have any spectacular cyberware, just some chips and a good targeting eye, well concealed. His focus was more on his sniper's rifle and the specialized ammo he could create for it.

Bishop could fit in with a mercenary group, if you like, he could run one, or turn solo. His family is dead, and he has taken revenge for their deaths already, so he has no real life except for honing his craft and taking missions for money to survive.

If you don't care for Bishop I could come up with an alternate character, but he would be my preference.

In case you want a different character, what resources do you suggest for character creation? What classes do you have available, and what hardware/cyberware are accessible to them?

I have enjoyed Cyberpunk in tabletop games many times. I'd be happy to translate over to a written rp. My favorite character worked with a mercenary group for hire as a sniper. The group would get recruited by different agencies for missions, and sometimes got caught up in political power struggles. My character took the name "Bishop," saying he refused to be a pawn in the master's games. He didn't have any spectacular cyberware, just some chips and a good targeting eye, well concealed. His focus was more on his sniper's rifle and the specialized ammo he could create for it.

Bishop could fit in with a mercenary group, if you like, he could run one, or turn solo. His family is dead, and he has taken revenge for their deaths already, so he has no real life except for honing his craft and taking missions for money to survive.

If you don't care for Bishop I could come up with an alternate character, but he would be my preference.

In case you want a different character, what resources do you suggest for character creation? What classes do you have available, and what hardware/cyberware are accessible to them?
Honestly this was inspired by a game of The Sprawl that my group disbanded before we got into so if you are interested in character creation and such I'd look at them but I love Bishop. My Character is a born blind woman with cybernetic eyes. Her newest pair have a flaw though-but she is interpreting these malfunctions as messages from 'God'. Think Cyberpunk Joan of Arc. I would probably have her slowly replace body parts with cybernetics as she was injured ect. She was part of a mercenary group because everybody's gotta eat lol. So maybe it should center around this group. A sort of they get the job done but they're all sort of in it for the money. Can play around with the tensions caused by everyone's motivations ect. If you are still interested lemme know! Maybe we can brainstorm a little?

I'm looking forward to Cyperpunk 2077, so I'd love to do something in the cyberpunk genre.

Don't really have a character nailed down, but I've had a femme fatale mercenary concept floating around in my head for a while now.

So, three mercs so far. Sounds like the start of something good. Sure, some brainstorming might do well: let me know what questions you want to explore. Will answer as quick as I can.

Gwalihir Gwalihir shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Yeah three is a good start! Im happy to put some work in for that level of interest. I'll post what I have so far a little later! I'm busy atm but I guess the things I'd reccomend thinking about is: Do we want to involve mechs or just cybernetics? Any specific 'cyberpunk things' you want to make sure are prevalent in the world? (These questions are to both of you if I wasn't clear!) Any special/unique ideas you have I can work into the world/plot?

Like I said I'm too busy atm to get into my rough specifics but I'll get them up asap!

Gwalihir Gwalihir shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Yeah three is a good start! Im happy to put some work in for that level of interest. I'll post what I have so far a little later! I'm busy atm but I guess the things I'd reccomend thinking about is: Do we want to involve mechs or just cybernetics? Any specific 'cyberpunk things' you want to make sure are prevalent in the world? (These questions are to both of you if I wasn't clear!) Any special/unique ideas you have I can work into the world/plot?

Like I said I'm too busy atm to get into my rough specifics but I'll get them up asap!
I'm thinking either just cybernetics, or just cybernetics for early story stuff. Maybe mechs could be a new or expressive thing that only the elite of the elites have access to; but if they are included, I'm leaning toward them popping up later.

For my femme fatale, I'm thinking her cybernetics have a cat motif/theme. Maybe there is a nightclub or chain of clubs that uses cybernetic cat girls as entertainment? Her mercenary work could have started as a side gig until she met the other characters and realized that she worked well with them.

This sounds really interesting. I haven't had much experience with cyberpunk but I am eager to learn. ^_^

Cool! Jaellagirl Jaellagirl I think for all of us this is a first time doing it in a written form RP so don't be shy! I think I'm gonna just edit the top post with some info and together we'll hopefully make a world that'll inspire you (: If you need a start though I'd suggest looking up the RPG game The Sprawl might give a little immediate inspo!

Looks interesting, but too bad I'm really busy for the next few weeks. Unless I suddenly become free again, I could probably join in like the first week of december. I haven't done a cyberpunk in years and I would love to pull some characters out :lenny:

1. Love mechs! That makes for a very different world, though, in my mind, and different adventures. I’d still start with Bishop, but might intro a more mech related charry later if that’s alright?
  2. Bishop’s family was killed because his daughter was an up-and-coming rockergirl. If the music scene is big in this world, it would add color, but not essential to the storyline.
  3. If Mechs are involved, I assume that part of the controls involve getting jacked in. Similar jack-ins might be available for better control of guns as well: Bishop would certainly have that.

The more I hear, the more I like. Love the catgirl theme! Should be some interesting interactions there.

As far as character sheets, I do hope that for the rp we can avoid skill stats and just go with descriptions of what people can do well, very well or not-so-well. I will start work on Bishop’s background and tack it on to whatever kind of sheet you want.

Hey this is very interesting! I'm a huge fan of cyberpunk and I have been looking for a rp with this genre. My character is basically a detective / vigilante who works against the big bad corporations that control everything and stuff. If you are still willing to brainstorm I have some ideas too!

I just wrote a run down of all the corporations and the page refreshed and I lost it all so I'm a little frustrated hahaha. So I'm gonna write a crude rundown of my ideas instead of the nice fluffy descriptions I had for now. Coming in a min lol.... but yeah Nobuzout Nobuzout I am happy to brainstorm or edit an ideas I have so everyone is happy. The more people working on an idea the better it ends up being I feel like! (:

And yes Gwalihir Gwalihir I think maybe hold off on mechs at first and maybe let them get more invovled later like shadow said. I wanna avoid stats and just stick with descriptions for characters for sure. Hadn't made a specific character sheet yet tho.

And yes Gwalihir Gwalihir I think maybe hold off on mechs at first and maybe let them get more invovled later like shadow said. I wanna avoid stats and just stick with descriptions for characters for sure. Hadn't made a specific character sheet yet tho.

I have a proposed character sheet for you for Bishop, if you have someplace you would like me to send it.

Okay finally my basic big three corporation ideas! I am happy to change things/Add things and would love help with the last corp name lmao...

1. Elloheim-A cybernetic tech company with religious foundings. The most secretive They have recently been keeping out of the public eye quietly shuttling people to a newely erected moonbase for a purpose that is still unknown.

2. Pulvitzer Heavy- When people say it's time to bring in the big guns, this is who they're talking about. If you can kill, stab, or otherwise maim with it, it's sure to have their seal on it. They are known for their firepower and renound secuirty detail. Have recently been experimenting with mech technology. Founded by a long since passed Jakob Pulvitzer.

3. (Help Me Name This)-The 'youngest' company of the big three. A huge entertainment conglomerate. Every song you've heard, club you've danced in, movie you've watched on the net was created by them. Every year they choose a new 'face' for the company. This person dictates the direction of the pop-culture and anyone with the funds can/and will keep up with them.

More world info in my next post just wanted to throw this up for y'all.

As of right now, are you thinking of restricting characters from being pro-corporation?

Basic Setting Ideas: It's the year 30XX on the planet Theta Prime. Half of it's surface a barren wasteland and internet deadzone known by the locals as 'The Mesh' the other half a liveable on the grid city (Insert City Name Here). At it's center lie the planetary headquarters for the city's 'Big Three' and any other affluent members of society. Everyone else is settled in the slums. Living off the scraps of the rich. Taking mercenary work and doing whatever it takes to survive.

That's my basic premise feel free to jump in everyone lol

Okay finally my basic big three corporation ideas! I am happy to change things/Add things and would love help with the last corp name lmao...

1. Elloheim-A cybernetic tech company with religious foundings. The most secretive They have recently been keeping out of the public eye quietly shuttling people to a newely erected moonbase for a purpose that is still unknown.

2. Pulvitzer Heavy- When people say it's time to bring in the big guns, this is who they're talking about. If you can kill, stab, or otherwise maim with it, it's sure to have their seal on it. They are known for their firepower and renound secuirty detail. Have recently been experimenting with mech technology. Founded by a long since passed Jakob Pulvitzer.

3. (Help Me Name This)-The 'youngest' company of the big three. A huge entertainment conglomerate. Every song you've heard, club you've danced in, movie you've watched on the net was created by them. Every year they choose a new 'face' for the company. This person dictates the direction of the pop-culture and anyone with the funds can/and will keep up with them.

More world info in my next post just wanted to throw this up for y'all.
I just came up with an idea for a company that made pleasure model cybernetics (but they can also be customized to be a mixture of combat and pleasure). Or would it make more sense to incorporate that into the entertainment company? The name I thought of was Exotica.

On a different lore note: I think I'm going to have my character go by Cleo, and have a history at a nightclub called The Cat's Meow.

Just spitballing: What if The Cat's Meow ended up getting rebranded, but Cleo was too attached to the cat girl theme and didn't want to change her cybernetics, so she ended up leaving and that's how she ended up as a mercenary for hire.

Last edited:
vielpotato vielpotato Nope! I think they could be pro-corporation but not directly involved. I think all of them having entanglements with the corporations will help form some plot.

Last edited:
Ok not to worry, bit too old for you young folk :-) Shadowrun rpg any better ? Was basically hacking within a VR representation of the 'net filled with corporate entities and AI watch dogs. Or maybe a simply street samurai.
Interested either way.

Ok not to worry, bit too old for you young folk :-) Shadowrun rpg any better ? Was basically hacking within a VR representation of the 'net filled with corporate entities and AI watch dogs. Or maybe a simply street samurai.
Interested either way.
I am definitely willing to consider something like that! Would need help working it out though so you'd have to be the expert on that haha and im working in getting some threads up atm! (: We have two plus myself confirmed to be joining so feel free to join our ranks hahah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back