• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Cyberpunk: 2067

Mx.Trinity

Pro Stranger
Your typical cyberpunk story and setting (only 50 years in the future of our modern future). Would like this to become a project for all of us to put together however I want to see how many people would be seriously interested in participating.

Requirements:
•Must be able to write detailed, this is not a requirement but will show me how serious you are
•If you are interested please come up with a creative reply to this interest check that displays what is to be expected from you if you were to participate (just make something up in a cyberpunk setting, be creative!)

•The ability to post twice a week (you may post more if you'd like and this isn't including weekends)
•Must work well in a group roleplay (able to set aside differences and remain level-headed)
•There must be at least 3-5 people who are interested and meet these requirements for me to initiate the startup process.

Plot
50 years into the future mankind is still dealing with the aftermath of greedy corporations and their new cyberspace algorithms, in which illegally and in quantity collect data on you and people close to you via your phone, tv, all electronics. It's become so bad that you can't use VOIP without worrying you're being monitored. This has led an increase in government and commercial spending successfully exacerbating the conditions of the lower and middle class in the United States. People are seen more as products then individuals and racism is at an all-time high dividing the country into Unions, and republics as seen here:

main-qimg-4d036f4f8d3a855126256b3dad6980e2

Corporations have taken advantage the state of the country is in currently and are running separate unions and republics. In short, take down the corporations and you will put a large dent into resources and maybe you'll get lucky enough to end the divide.

Overview
The technology available in this roleplay will be borderline sci-fi. This means no super powerful plasma weapons that can melt 5-inch steel or anything like that but higher caliber weapons made available to the public and if you have the connection prototype weapons.

Augmentations will also be at an all-time high, nothing that is consumer grade quantum processing but things like heads-up displays and prosthetic body parts will be available (to enhance a person's physical attributes). This isn't limited to strength and perception but anything that makes you "think better" will not be allowed. (just imagine you with limbs or eyes that aid you in your daily life, not a super badass cyber soldier because those would be military only, and yes you can make a militant but you need to have a story that can be placed and played by roleplayers).

The world will be drastically different with sci-fi themed skyscrapers and any major city having a major rehaul. The setting will be borderline apocalyptic with disease and poverty at an all-time high. There will be places where entire states are struggling to even get food and are forced to hunt or steal their food.

The story will also focus on the individual characters and their relation to one another. It will be low-key slice of life during pre or post arc times.

---Room for more overview as questions come---

Where do you fit in?

I'd like everyone to come up with their own short story they'd like me to play out in this RP and PM it to me, we will work together as a group to interlace and create an immersive experience and more enjoyable roleplay environment. I'm open to all the help I can get and would like to get the roleplay up in a week but I understand people's schedules could conflict with this so at the very least I will have the city and possible places as well as rules, OOC, and character sheets up(by the end of the week) if enough people are interested.

Nogoodname Nogoodname slim slim shadowz1995 shadowz1995 Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow Compass Compass

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back