• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Request Custom RP Music for YOUR RP's and Characters!

Might hit you up on this, I have one or two characters I've been smashing my head against a wall to find a theme for.

Glad to hear it. If you find that you would definitively like a theme made just for them, let me know. What kinds of characters are they?

ChoShadow ChoShadow
Okay, I've got a new rp in development, partially based on a game I played a while ago. A long while ago. The role play is set in WW2 and mainly focuses on the pacific theatre, and the crew of a specific Japanese submarine. (Umi no Kate. (The shadow of the sea)) the game in question, is battlestations: midway. The music in the game is definitely one of the highlights and gives an amazing ambience. Anyways, to the point, if you could listen to a few pieces from the battlestations midway soundtrack, and compose something that sounds like it would fit in the setting of my roleplay, that'd be amazinngggg. - A

ChoShadow ChoShadow
Okay, I've got a new rp in development, partially based on a game I played a while ago. A long while ago. The role play is set in WW2 and mainly focuses on the pacific theatre, and the crew of a specific Japanese submarine. (Umi no Kate. (The shadow of the sea)) the game in question, is battlestations: midway. The music in the game is definitely one of the highlights and gives an amazing ambience. Anyways, to the point, if you could listen to a few pieces from the battlestations midway soundtrack, and compose something that sounds like it would fit in the setting of my roleplay, that'd be amazinngggg. - A

Luckily I LOVE Japanese music and culture, so this is going to be a JOY to work on. I have several libraries for Taiko Drums and the Shakuhachi Flute, so I should be able to create something like this.

The problem... It could take a while.

When it comes to Japanese style music, I am very, VERY careful and an uber perfectionist. I am going to want everything just right, so there's no telling how long this piece will take me. It could be a week, several, or even a month or longer. My perfectionism and respect for the culture will not allow me to compose something willy nilly in this style or with said instruments.

So as long as you're okay with the theme taking a while, this is going to be my absolute pleasure!

Okay, I’m probably going to have a bunch of song requests... I’m going to be that annoying guy. So I hear music in my head (all my own ideas), but I don’t know how to write music. But the annoying thing is that I’ve listened to SO many orchestral pieces, that I pretty much have a library of different instruments, notes, cords, etc. in my head. And for awhile now, I’ve had a couple of themes stuck in my head, and I don’t know how to write them.

Soooo maybe you could be of help? I can give you probably a couple of instruments, and try to explain what it should sound like. I don’t know if that’s too restrictive or not, but maybe you could give it a shot?

Okay, I’m probably going to have a bunch of song requests... I’m going to be that annoying guy. So I hear music in my head (all my own ideas), but I don’t know how to write music. But the annoying thing is that I’ve listened to SO many orchestral pieces, that I pretty much have a library of different instruments, notes, cords, etc. in my head. And for awhile now, I’ve had a couple of themes stuck in my head, and I don’t know how to write them.

Soooo maybe you could be of help? I can give you probably a couple of instruments, and try to explain what it should sound like. I don’t know if that’s too restrictive or not, but maybe you could give it a shot?

I think I can make that arrangement work.

If not, do you have a basic free music writing software application? I can teach you the basics of writing music easily enough so you can make use of some free music writing software and thus write out your ideas. I have high grade software libraries, so if you give me your ideas and what you are hoping to hear from them I can probably write out the full orchestral arrangement around your idea to see if we can't get something going.

Let me know what you'd like to do. Again it's very easy to teach you the basics of music and it's no trouble, so don't be afraid to ask if need be. It'd be easier to teach you the basics in a day or two so you can write the ideas out and I can orchestrate it later. But it's up to you.

I think I can make that arrangement work.

If not, do you have a basic free music writing software application? I can teach you the basics of writing music easily enough so you can make use of some free music writing software and thus write out your ideas. I have high grade software libraries, so if you give me your ideas and what you are hoping to hear from them I can probably write out the full orchestral arrangement around your idea to see if we can't get something going.

Let me know what you'd like to do. Again it's very easy to teach you the basics of music and it's no trouble, so don't be afraid to ask if need be. It'd be easier to teach you the basics in a day or two so you can write the ideas out and I can orchestrate it later. But it's up to you.
I’d be more than happy to learn! I’ve been driving myself crazy for a couple years now because I was never taught music, thus I don’t know how to write it, and the songs I hear in my head always fade away (besides a handful of them).

Really, I would be more than happy to learn. I seriously can’t help but thank you for even offering that. You have no idea how bad I’ve wanted to learn music so I could write it.

Now I don’t have any basic music writing softwares at the moment. Are there any that you would recommend over the other?

I’d be more than happy to learn! I’ve been driving myself crazy for a couple years now because I was never taught music, thus I don’t know how to write it, and the songs I hear in my head always fade away (besides a handful of them).

Really, I would be more than happy to learn. I seriously can’t help but thank you for even offering that. You have no idea how bad I’ve wanted to learn music so I could write it.

Now I don’t have any basic music writing softwares at the moment. Are there any that you would recommend over the other?

For free, and for the purposes you need: Musescore.

(Link: Download | MuseScore)

It says it's "professional grade", but it's not. It's basic, basic, basic compared to real professional software. But it's all you'll need to be able to learn to write music and then save the file so I can open it in Musescore on my computer and read what you've written.

Send me your email via private message and we can communicate and share the files that way.

I can also send you your music 101 lesson via email.

Last edited:
ChoShadow ChoShadow

Would you up for doing a piece that mixes rock and orchestra? And can you do themes based on a combination of characters and scenarios for those characters to be in?
I ask because I'm a writer by trade, and I get a lot of ideas from concepts I want to give my own flair to and music that tells some form of a story. Music often helps inspire what I write and helps influence how I write it, so having some themes to listen to as I write out scenes would be a big help.

ChoShadow ChoShadow

Would you up for doing a piece that mixes rock and orchestra? And can you do themes based on a combination of characters and scenarios for those characters to be in?
I ask because I'm a writer by trade, and I get a lot of ideas from concepts I want to give my own flair to and music that tells some form of a story. Music often helps inspire what I write and helps influence how I write it, so having some themes to listen to as I write out scenes would be a big help.

I can try.

I'll need details on who your characters are, what the RP is about, and what you are hoping to hear as far as instruments and such.

Emo music is my theme.
I need another name change to re-invent myself.

... Okay.

To the best of my knowledge Emo music is usually highly lyrical and expressive, often giving personal confessions or relating to deeply emotional topics. And unfortunately writing lyrics is not something I'm good at. If you don't need lyrics, then a sample of music similar to what you want would be appreciated.

... Okay.

To the best of my knowledge Emo music is usually highly lyrical and expressive, often giving personal confessions or relating to deeply emotional topics. And unfortunately writing lyrics is not something I'm good at. If you don't need lyrics, then a sample of music similar to what you want would be appreciated.
I didn't expect you to actually take my response seriously.
THOUGH, if I do want to put my two cents in yes you are correct about Emo music being highly lyrical, expressive, and often confessional ( Wikipedia has it labeled like this ). However, emo music isn't categorized by the singer's voice alone, I believe that if you took out Mike Kinsellas voice in "Never Meant" the instruments would still carry that emo element in the song. Though it might not pack as much as the emotional rollercoaster Mike's voice is able to provide, but yes you can still create an emo sound without the lyrics.

I didn't expect you to actually take my response seriously.
THOUGH, if I do want to put my two cents in yes you are correct about Emo music being highly lyrical, expressive, and often confessional ( Wikipedia has it labeled like this ). However, emo music isn't categorized by the singer's voice alone, I believe that if you took out Mike Kinsellas voice in "Never Meant" the instruments would still carry that emo element in the song. Though it might not pack as much as the emotional rollercoaster Mike's voice is able to provide, but yes you can still create an emo sound without the lyrics.

Interesting.

Well, if you want me to try and come up with something I can give it a shot. What are you looking for instrumentation wise? Do you need an entire band, orchestra, mixture, or solo instruments like the "Never Meant" being performed on Youtube by solo guitarists (some with backing tracks, some without)?

Interesting.

Well, if you want me to try and come up with something I can give it a shot. What are you looking for instrumentation wise? Do you need an entire band, orchestra, mixture, or solo instruments like the "Never Meant" being performed on Youtube by solo guitarists (some with backing tracks, some without)?

I'm just interested in what you could come up with by yourself. Don't need to stress, just do what you can.

I'm just interested in what you could come up with by yourself. Don't need to stress, just do what you can.

Well, I'll see what I can do. I'm going to give that song a few more listens to just for grins and see if I can come up with something on a solo/duo acoustic/electric guitar first and see where it takes me. If I don't think I can do justice to the vibe presented in the song you told me to listen to, I'll let you know and move on to other projects. I like testing my limits, but they are still limits.

Well, I'll see what I can do. I'm going to give that song a few more listens to just for grins and see if I can come up with something on a solo/duo acoustic/electric guitar first and see where it takes me. If I don't think I can do justice to the vibe presented in the song you told me to listen to, I'll let you know and move on to other projects. I like testing my limits, but they are still limits.
No pressure.

I know you normally draw your inspiration from characters and RP scenes, but I draw my inspiration from music XD So, my question is, if I gave you a few segments of a few different songs, would you be willing to draw inspiration from that and do something?? I would appreciate it so much--there's so many individual melodies that I absolutely love, and you are REALLY good at what you do!

I know you normally draw your inspiration from characters and RP scenes, but I draw my inspiration from music XD So, my question is, if I gave you a few segments of a few different songs, would you be willing to draw inspiration from that and do something?? I would appreciate it so much--there's so many individual melodies that I absolutely love, and you are REALLY good at what you do!

Thank you kindly.

If you give me a short list of songs and tell me what segments of the pieces (like "this theme from 0:45 to 1:23) so I can hear exactly what it is you want put together, I can try to make something along those lines.

Thank you kindly.

If you give me a short list of songs and tell me what segments of the pieces (like "this theme from 0:45 to 1:23) so I can hear exactly what it is you want put together, I can try to make something along those lines.
Awesome!!! Take whatever creative liberties you want to--changing keys, instruments, tempo.. the only one I want almost as exact as possible is the first one, because honestly it's SO GOOD I LOVE IT. it doesn't have to be a mashup of all of these pieces all at once--you could think of it like a marching show, featuring parts in different places but having them all come together in others.

In the end, it's up to you how to arrange it. Thank you again!

1. 7:16 to 8:24 without the marimba, 8:24 to 8:42 with marimba but excluding the snare roll at the very end (or you can do it all without marimba, I don't mind!) I really just want the melody from this!
2. Instrumental only from 3:07 on. Doesn't have to be anything spot on, just some inspiration drawn from it would be great. :D
3. 10:24 to 10:43 and 11:34 to 11:57

These sound really cool! I'm curious about what you'd come up with for one of my characters, a rebel soldier. What sort of information would you like to have? I have a lot of stuff about her in my head, but I haven't managed to get it all written down yet, so it would probably be more helpful if I just answer the specific questions you need rather than trying to get it all out at once.

These sound really cool! I'm curious about what you'd come up with for one of my characters, a rebel soldier. What sort of information would you like to have? I have a lot of stuff about her in my head, but I haven't managed to get it all written down yet, so it would probably be more helpful if I just answer the specific questions you need rather than trying to get it all out at once.

I would like to know who your character is, personality wise, and what kind of music you'd like to hear.

HEYA! I love the idea for my character having her own theme!

My character is a Time Lord sith.

So if possible I'd like a piece that reminds me of these two pieces

and

If you could do this, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back