• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Cursed War

Wolf Wolf

The Dovahkiin

@Zakkol

Leandros growled as he had his foot stuck in a bear trap. He currently was in his wolf form and it hurt LIKE HELL! Stupid hunters! he screamed in his thoughts trying desperately to get the trap off. If he shifts into his human form, he'll break his leg, so that's not an option. He then crawled near the chain and started to try to bite it off. Argh, what is this thing made of? I feel like my teeth are on fire like what sil...ver... does... his thoughts trailed off when he realized what the trap was made off. Leandros then started pulling his foot out frantically, ignoring the pain surging through his leg. He howled loudly then bared his teeth at thin air. This is the stupidest thing that has ever happened to me in my entire life.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a smell in the air today. Not the strongest of smells either. It smelt like pain. Or at least it did to Theofall. Where was the smell coming from exactly? He wasn't sure. Maybe a flick into his wolf form would help. And it did indeed, for Theofall could now smell exactly where the smell of pain was coming from. And it, curiously enough, wasn't too far away. Theofall began to make haste towards the location.

As the figure of Theofall neared the location, a loud howl split the air. That meant that whatever was in pain was either a wolf, and Exalted or a Damned. Theofall wouldn't mind running into two of those three. The other one he'd probably leave there. But whatever the matter, Theofall entered the small clearing where the smell of pain was coming from.

'Oh,' was all Theofall could say as he shifted to a human, looking at the figure in the clearing. It was a wolf, yes. But one Theofall knew well. 'It's you, I see,' he said, a thin smile on his lips. Instead of leaving the beast there, Theofall walked over to the trap the creature was caught in, and disabled it, the silver it was made from blistering his fingers where it had contacted him.

Blinking, Leandros looked up and saw his -maybe- savior. "Oh. It's you, I see." Leandros' vision was kind of blurry so it took him some time to focus on the man. Oh. It's him. he thought to himself as the trap was disabled and he hurriedly shifted into his human form. His foot was bleeding badly, but it would heal in no time since he was a werewolf. It was a rather useful perk of being one. "...Thank you, Theo," he said. "I am in your debt." As much as it pained him even more to say the 'debt' part, it was somewhat necessary. He then started walking-- erm... limping to the direction of the river. "You know, water used to be very rare." he told him, "I learned that from the mortals that I have encountered once. It is hard to believe that water was a very precious thing back then, I know."

What Leandros was currently telling Theo were all true. When he said 'mortals', meant the ones that have been living in this world for a long time now, or, appropriately called elders. And, the water thing was actually one of the myths of Poseidon, the god of the seas.

Theofall gave the wolf-turned-man an odd look at the mention of being in his "debt". It wasn't like the man-Leandros-to speak in such a way. But then again, that manner of speaking lasted all of five seconds as Leandros started to move towards the river.

'I know, Leandros,' Theofall said, trying not to come off rude when Leandros started to tell him about the water and how rare it was. Theofall had heard it many times, and it did start to get grating after a while. Theofall fall silent, mulling over a thought in his mind. It wasn't really like Leandros to talk to mortals.

'Leandros?' Theofall asked, casting a glance at the limping figure. 'I was under the impression you didn't like "mortals" that much. How come you've spoken to them long enough for them to tell you something without them losing their throats?'

Leandros shrugged. "I just heard them. But I did meet a mortal face to face." he said while continuing to walk towards the river. He could already hear the running water. "Now that I've mentioned it... The mortal had a strange aura surrounding him." He pondered about it for a moment before deciding he needed to rest first. "Now, are we going back to the village or not?" he asked impatiently,glancing at Theofall while drumming his fingers on a tree. He would rather tap his foot on the ground, but since it was bleeding like hell... That's not an option. Suddenly, Leandros heard a faint shout. He could barely make out the words, 'We're not supposed to be here!'. He straightened and debated on whether going after the shout, or head straight to the village. "Theo, did you perhaps, hear that?"

Theofall had indeed heard the noise, as he was just about to confirm to Leandros. 'I did indeed hear that,' he said, casting a confused look around. While Theofall regarded Leandros with faint dislike when around other members of the pack, he actually didn't mind his company. He was nice enough.

'Shall we have a look at what it was?' Theofall queried, casting a wry smile at Leandros before collapsing to the ground, a wolf once again. He was a large wolf, with fur that didn't necessarily match the colour of his human hair. The wolf that was Theofall jerked its head in the direction of the noise before taking off, running through the forest with stealth towards the noise. Theofall wasn't sure of whether or not Leandros was following, but he was more interested in the noise at this point.

"Shall we have a look at what it was?"

"
N--" Leandros didn't finish what he was about to say when Theofall shifted into a wolf and ran off to the source of the noise. He looked at his foot then at the direction where Theo went. Then back to his foot, and to Theo. "Argh," he said to himself before turning into a gray wolf and shooting off after the large wolf. If I wound my arm this time, I will blame you, Theo. he thought to himself, despite knowing that Theo couldn't hear his thoughts. Leandros was having some difficulty catching up with the 'big bad wolf'. Every time he would use his right leg, he would clench his teeth in pain. But soon, he was right behind Theofall. The pain began to become faint, and that was good. Suddenly, he stopped dead in his tracks as he caught a scent. Leandros barked quietly at Theo before heading to his left.

Theofall spun around at Leandros' bark. He hadn't noticed the scent until just then, and it seemed that Leandros had caught the same. Theofall changed course and started to follow Leandros, padding along behind him, not concerned about anything. Theofall was such a large wolf it really did seem rather comical, the way the large beast was going along at a leisurely, nonchalant pace behind the smaller wolf.

Talking of the smaller wolf, Theofall had noticed that Leandros' wound had healed, which was good news, he assumed. The blisters he had received from handling the silver would last as long they would for a normal human. Nobody really knew why some wounds lasted long when inflicted with silver and others didn't. That was one of the great mysteries that the werewolves wished to find the answer to. But they didn't know regardless.

Leandros then heard voices. He poked Theo's leg with his paw to get his attention so that he would stop going forward. He then hid behind a tree and peeked on the side. Right there, he saw the mortal he encountered with the strange aura along with a few others. The colors of the auras were orange when the normal color was... white. Not just that, the mortals also had a strange scents. Other mortals smell like food (like apples and stuff), but these... They smell like... Elements? What? Leandros tilted his head to one side, otherwise known as his confused face. Argh... This is even worse than the trap from earlier. I do not get what is happening right now! he screamed at his thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theofall stopped immediately on Leandors' tap, before sitting down and raising his nose to the air, making an attempt at smelling the air, trying to find out what scent these creatures had. Theofall had seen mortals before. He had been forced to kill one once (something he wasn't the most proud of), and he was very unlike other members of the Damned. Even though Lucian-the pack leader-never seemed to stop telling Theofall how great of a pack member he'd be if he stopped being so afraid of killing mortals. The thing was, it didn't seem right to Theofall. He did kill animals, but not humans.

The scent coming off the creatures was strange. Theofall hadn't seen them yet, but they smelt odd. A smokey scent was in the air, along with the thick, cloying scent of earth and dirt.

Leandros tried to listen in on the weird mortals' conversation. Well, he could hear it perfectly so you might as well remove the word 'tried'. "Lilac, I think we should turn around. I feel like something is about to happen." He heard one boy say with black hair. Or is that dark purple? He couldn't tell. The girl, presumably Lilac, scoffed. "Says the boy who loves creating chaos." Creating chaos? What? Leandros glanced at Theofall to see him sitting down with his nose in the air. Leandros then looked back at the... aliens and watched them interact with each other. He then looked at Theo again before gesturing his head to the direction of the village. This was getting them nowhere.

Theofall was extremely perplexed. There was something exceedingly strange about these people, who Theofall could now see after adjusting his position in the murky blankness provided by the shelter of the trees.

The people in the clearing were strangely dressed. They looked to be youthful, yet seemed to radiate immense power. Much power beyond what Theofall and Leandros had. And with the comment about creating chaos, Theofall was convinced that these beings-whatever they were-were extremely dangerous.

'Leandros?' Theofall questioned, hissing the question as he shifted into a human crouching among the undergrowth. 'Shall we approach them?'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back