Cursed IC

It had been a total of three days since the king of Abalion came to see the group in the dungeons. Hadden nor anyone else came down to talk to them. Only the 24 hour watch was all that had seen them. The watch had become more strict though. Making sure the group had no time to really talk to one another or even try to plan any escape. They did bring them little old crusty food and dirty water to drink. But even the small rations they had didn't seem like much.

Seng, Nora and Okami seemed fine... Especially for the amount of food or water they had even taken. They mostly gave their food to Coda hoping it would help him recover. Coda recovered for the most part, but still seemed very much drained of energy. His horns were still out and his eyes were still red. Okami seemed frustrated with this fact and had only mentioned once to Coda that when they got their weapons back he could help with Coda's horns. The words he used were, 'we can hide them again'.

At night, the cells were extremely cold, while during the day time they were scorching hot. At this point in time it was getting close to the evening and the sun would be going down soon. So their cells were still hot, but they were also cooling down for the time being.

All seemed quiet until the doors had opened and this time more guards came through lining the halls. This meant the king had come back. Kray did return with Hadden, but also another man. He was tall and had short red hair. A scar across his neck could have only been made by a blade or a tight rope. His clothing was strange, even for Abalion, but one could pick out that this man was a black magic user. Each kingdom told the public that they would not tolerate black magic... And yet royals still always had one hidden in their castle. They all believed that black mages could one day harness the dark arts and be some of the most powerful black magic users the world had ever seen.

"This one." Hadden stated as he pointed to Coda.

The tall black mage made his way over to the cell tilting his head as he looked Coda over. His eyes wide and amazed at the sight of Coda and his horns. "Well this is interesting..." He said in a twisted voice. He smiled to Coda which only made his looks a tad bit more creepy. "My name is Grave young one." He stated. "I am a black mage like yourself." He added.

Kray watched both Grave and Coda as Hadden turned his attention to Argen and the others in their cells.

Okami already hated this. He stood in front of Coda and crossed his arms over his chest. He gave Grave a very dark and warning look as Nora and Seng seemed more than over protective as well. They showed no liking to this what so ever.

"I do not mean to cause him harm." Grave placed his hands in a defense manner. "I merely wish to speak with him." Grave watched as Okami did not move from his spot and Coda did not dare come out from behind Okami.

Grave shook his head and placed his hands on his hips. He let out a sigh as he looked around soon spotting Argen. "The wolf man?" He asked to Hadden and Kray Both slowly nodded. Grave looked back to Argen and smirked. "Maybe you wish to voice your opinions? I heard you are very much vocal." He smiled.

Argen's single eye shot up from the shadow of his cell, more lively than ever. He had three days to heal and any one could realize that he was looking much better at a glance. The wounds caused by Lithariel were still present but nowhere near as severe as they were initially. Now it just looked like he had taken some big slices from a sword but the wounds were only superficial, just biting into flesh and no further. His strength returned as his wounds healed and needless to say, Argen was hungry. Everytime one of those shiny guards passed his cell, Argen's glowing, one-eyed gaze was enough to send hundreds of chills down their spines. The stare was that of a beast that wanted nothing more than swallow them whole. A hungry wolf like the stories of old that parents told their children except this one wouldn't have a happy ending. There would be no hero to save them. Only agony, torrents of blood, and a cold death by mauling lingered in the eye of the wolf.

Naturally, when the cell doors opened up to reveal the king once again, Argen couldn't resist taunting the fool king. "Oh hello mortal ruler. Coming to check on the prisoners? I'll have you know I am feeling wonderful." Argen's seemed to glow brighter from the shadow as he leaned forward so the evening light could illuminate his body to show off how his wounds have healed. The lycanthrope's face cracked open into a terrible smile. His teeth were not human at that point but completely wolfish and sharp. Fur was taking the place of skin once more but Argen didn't let the shift complete. An eerie rumble sounded in his chest as he spoke. "I distinctly remember you telling me that I was going to die from my wounds? Or possibly from lack of food? How foolish of you to believe that I am anything like you pathetic humans."

"I remember telling you I was going to kill the princess after I was finished devouring you right? Well, I change my mind. First, I'm not going to devour you. I'm just going to devour your heart and make you fucking watch me do it. Then, Ill do the same with the princess except I'm going to take my time with her. Yours will be quick." The warrior wolf tilted his head slightly with his teeth bared in a smile and it looked like if he was just going to stare at the king until Argen lunged forward from his sitting spot.

The chain links attached to the wall jolted so hard that the stone walls shook from the power suddenly put into it. The steel chains groaned in protest to the force being exerted on them. Each individual link could be seen beginning to bend out of shape as the lycan slowly pulled on the chains with massive, empowered muscles. A garbled, bestial voice erupted from his throat and through his lips,

"Come closer little king. Let me see your face."

However, Argen slowly relented and didn't even look the least bit tired from his sudden effort. This wasn't an attack. It was meant to send a message. The chains could no longer hold him even in his mortal form. The fur receded back into his skin and his teeth returned to normal as he slowly took a seat and his attention came to the mage who had asked him something. Argen had been so distracted on the king that he barely noticed the red haired man. "What opinions would you like know sorcerer? Besides my obvious affection towards your spineless mortal ruler."

Kray had to take a step back when Argen lunged at him. Hadden on the other hand took a step forward and went to draw his sword. But grave stepped even further and waved to Hadden to not do anything rash. Hadden let go of his sword but stayed close to his king.

Grave turned to Argen with his crocked smile. "You are indeed powerful." He stated. His eyes trailed to the chairs holding Argen and then to the wall. He glanced in the direction of Coda and smirked a little. "I bet the two of you make one hell of a team." He pointed towards Coda who was still standing behind Okami.

Okami narrowed his eyes at Grave. He didn't like the guy of course, but Okami never did like the black mages in this land. They had no idea what they were playing with. They saw the dark arts like a toy that they had yet to figure out. They were way off and only caused the world to fall into darkness and hatred. They caused such an unbalance that a darkness loomed over every land.

Grave smiled none the less. Argen was something he had only heard in stories from black mages from long, long ago. But even then they were not fully clear if Argen's kind even existed. He now had proof that they did. Argen was the living, breathing proof.

"You must understand that your kind is....... Rare....." Grave started. "My king is only fearful for his kingdom. the princess has run off with..." Grave looked back to Okami knowing Coda was still behind him. "Powerful tools for the dark arts." He looked back to Argen. "And she was not traveling alone... She had found some powerful... Companions along the way...." Grave chose his words wisely. Argen was a breast that could transform and destroy more than half of Abalion. Followed by a dark mage that was said to hold disturbing powers..... Something he was strongly interested in.

"What if we could make a deal?" He asked now looking to all those within the cells. "I could let you out of the cells and you may all be considered guests here in Abalion. And maybe we could have a nice long chat over a well cooked meal." Grave looked to Kray who only nodded to the request. With approval Grave looked back to the cells. "Our men are out looking for the princess as we speak. She is indeed crafty...." Grave said looking down to his hands. They had cuts all over them along with some bruises. He glanced to Okami and Coda. "I'm sure with everyone's help here, we could find her and the items that she had taken.... We are allied with Roland... But had no idea the king was hiding such items in his kingdom." Grave walked over to Okami and Coda's cell. Just as he caught a glimpse of Coda he turned back to the others in their cells. "How about it?" He opened his arms to them.

Tanya had spent the last three days in a meditative like state. close to hibernation almost as she sat there perfectly still. the only sign of life was that she still drew breath, though each was few and far between. It helped alleviate any boredom by being like this, thankfully she was still somewhat aware of what was going on. so that when there was some unusual activity her bright eyes opened and took in her surroundings. She heard Argen being threatening as per usual and some more familiar voices. The king.. Generals and.. Grave? She had never liked grave too much but she had always tried to be nice to him when he was around. Not because she was afraid of him but just because nobody else was nice to him.

She stood up slowly to look around and take stock of the commotion. " Guests, Grave? I can't believe you didn't recognize me.. So she's proving Elusive even to my mothers men? Let me help hunt her down. You know, you both know i'm better than most of those in her battalion at tracking." she looked between Grave and the King. She ignored the General with him. The general was little more than a glorified guard as far as she was concerned right now. He wasn't the one with the power to make decisions. " You know I've been open to helping find her from the beginning."

She crossed her arms a bit. she looked like she had just awoken. Which was true to be fair but even so it was worth noting. she did however bow to The King, but remained standing as she looked to Grave. Awaiting their answer to her words she let her eyes shift between everybody present. she hadn't spoken for the group. No, only for herself. They could speak up if they wished, it wasn't really her concern but Argen could be useful. Though she only thought that and refrained from speaking those words aloud.

Grave glanced to Tanya and found her face very unrecognizable. Even if she was nice to him, Grave was always lost in his own world, not to mention that Kray didn't like many people meeting Grave. Grave tilted his head a bit at Tanya, her face still didn't ring any bells but her voice sounded familiar.

Kray motioned to the girl. "She is the daughter of one of my generals." He told Grave. That's when it hit. "The lady general's daughter." He pointed to her with a bright smile. "Didn't expect to see something like this." his smile failed to fade off his face. But his eyes shifted towards Okami and Coda as he saw Coda peek out even further from behind Okami. He turned to Kray, "She was aiding the elf and wolf when we found them." Hadden stole Grave's attention from their king.

"OOooohhhhh....." Grave looked back to Tanya and the others. "Well this princess has indeed become a problem now hasn't she?" Grave asked.

(A little something, something.)

For the past three days all that has kept Zola sane was either annoying the guards or talking with Eira, the other girl in the cell with them offered no help. All she did was sit there breathing, just looking at her made Zola bored. Right now she had been sitting crisscross, sleeping against the wall, when the very rude king came in and woke her. She glared at him and his followers as they talked to Chicken Legs and Argen. Her eyes then shifted to the chick locked in the cell with her and Eira, the girl got up and bowed, talking to them about bla bla this and bla bla that. Zola didn't pay much attention to the little details,

"Wow, that is the most moving I've seen her do and three days."
Zola muttered as she stared at the girl who was apparently Tanya. But apparently she had helped Princess, Zola doesn't know when but it happened apparently. She was also confused about the three knew people in the cell with Chicken Legs, but you know Zola is very confused about many things at this point.

For the past three days Elise had been rather quiet, she ate her food, slept a lot, and spoke briefly when spoken to but that was the most anyone got out of the elf. The rest was welcome greatly, and for the first time in the past few days Elise felt well rested, but the illness continued to wear on her for a few days. Even then when she felt her illness begin to ease up, another issue began to rear its head in. The elf felt just awful being cramped up in such an enclosed space! It was completely against her nature, she needed to be active, to move! And there was little room to do so here.

The elfs agitation began to show in her expression around the third day of imprisonment, and though she tried to turn to a few methods such as meditation to ease her anxious mind the enclosed space still got to her. By the time Kray entered once again Elise was pacing her cell, she glanced up towards the men with a curious glance, watching Grave's interactions with her companions.... she didn't like this man... he reeked of death, and gave off an air that something was just.. wrong. She watched as he spoke to the group of four, then with Argen and the Fae, before Elise herself decided to speak up.

"We've all offered to help find the princess, myself included, I believe we've all made it clear we were.. tricked, into believing the princesses story." She had to pause herself on that word, tricked, it plucked at her heart like a bard to his lute strings. Elise had only wanted to help the princess, to do some good in the world, and the princess had taken advantage of it. Was that the true nature of this world?

It had taken days of strenuous effort but finally Eira could 'see' clearly again. The circle that was her world would still need some time to expand to its previous size but for now she savored in the light of her small accomplishment. Compared to the last time, she had recovered much quicker, though she supposed it was largely due to the lack of activity from those around her. Yet still, the shock was great. Many of the travelers were not well, be it Argen’s wounds or Coda and Elise’s sickness (which she noted looked and felt identical). Eira had known they were suffering but now that she could feel it too she realized she had underestimated it.

Remembering Zola’s words, she didn’t shy from the pain this time. Instead, she distracted herself from the sick feeling in her stomach by talking with Zola and quietly singing church prayers when she felt invisible steel dig into her neck and wrists. So far it had worked but she knew the worst of the pain had already passed.

Now that Zola was sleeping and Tanya was continuing her meditative state, Eira took the chance to practice her skill. In the far corner of the cell block was a small rodent, which she believed to be a rat. It was beyond the lycan’s cell, and even when Eira had offered it some leftover bread she had saved from her last meal, it was reluctant to cross the gaze of the beast.

She closed her eyes and focused on the tiny glow of consciousness, feeling the nervousness it held. Be calm, she thought, the wolf cannot catch you. There was reluctance, but when Eira shared with it the feelings of food and safety, a place to hide from the beast, it became curious. It crept, slowly at first, before stopping just at the edge of Elise and Lithariel’s cell where two orange eyes gazed at it curiously. Eira was convinced it would turn back when it dashed past the lycan.

Pride swelled in Eira’s heart as she rewarded the creature with the chunk of bread. It took the food in its delicate fore paws, whiskers twitching happily. She could tell it was also pleased with itself. Eira reached her hand through the bars of her cell and gently caressed its silky back with a finger, her face beaming with a warm smile.

The moment was ruined when the doors to the prison were suddenly swung open by the reappearance of the guards. It startled the rat, causing it to drop the food onto the stone floor and scurry towards Eira. Quick as a cat, the priestess scooped the creature up and placed it within the folds of her robe, away from the guards’ sight.

Eira listened to what was being said and looked more than a little disturbed by Argen's dark threats. She hoped it didn't come to that. That's why she found the odd man’s offer to be highly appealing. “I think we can come to peaceful resolution that will benefits us all.” she said in addition to what Elise had said. "A warm meal would certainly do wonders for the body...and disposition. Down here we are hungry, cold, and not entirely ourselves. With a full belly, perhaps the weary traveler may see the brighter path."

Argen narrowed his eye at the red-headed black mage but otherwise said nothing while he explained why he wanted to see them and what he was particularly interested. He seemed to have a particular pension for the boy and Argen himself. Coda could be understood but what the devil did this sorcerer want with him? Argen had nothing that would interest a mage other than a nigh unkilleable bodyguard and that job was already taken by the she-elf. The man had something up his sleeve and the wolf doubted the sincerity of his words and his loyalty to the crown. The lycan had no proof other that gut feeling but and those were never wrong.

Still, when the little man gave his little talk about coming to peaceful terms, Argen smiled a smile that was arguably more disturbing than the one he had when he was halfway through a shift. The lycan stood, the chains on his neck pulling taut just by his height alone. "I'm sure I was very clear on my desire to rip the girl's throat out. But since you are being so humble about it, I'll offer you a deal, fool of a king."

"I am going to hunt the princess down and kill her regardless. After I'm done, I'm coming back here to uphold my second promise but I'll give you an alternative."

"One of your men cost me one of my eyes. So when I return, I want either one of your eyes, mortal ruler or one of the eyes of shiny leader beside you on a platter of steel. Its either that or your lives and the lives of half of your kingdom....possibly more. Depends how hungry I am. Either way, I will be satisfied."

The lycan let out a dark, gravelly chuckle and stepped forward as far as the chains would allow him. He wanted to make sure the king felt the depth of Argen's promise. The sincerity of his bloodlust. "I really, really hope you refuse little man. I really hope you decide to deny me my peace offering."

Then Argen's voice dropped into a gutteral growl that can barely be called human. It was hardly understandable but enough so that everyone in the room understood the menacing promise. You didn't have to be a blind, emotion sensing priestess to feel the weight of the malice behind his next words,

"It will make it that much sweeter when I take everything from you...."

"Do you have kids, your highness?"

Clearly, the question was rhetorical as Argen stepped back into the shadow of his cell, letting his back come to contact with the cold stone. There, he laughed and watched the reactions of the three men there. The king was already afraid from his previous outburst. The smell of fear was intoxicating to an apex predator like Argen. It was times like these that the wolf wished he was some kind of demon so that he could feed off of the fear. Humans always wore it like a mantle over them when the wolf got a little.....

Wild with them...​

Last edited:
Grave smirked at the priestess, a woman of the cloth..... Of course. But before he could even respond to the girl his eyes and all attention settled on Argen.

Kray hated the words coming from Argen. The wolf had it out for him, his thoughts turned to just putting the wolf down before he could make any more threats.

"I think that tis fair." Grace crossed his arms over his chest as he turned to his king. Kray may have smelt of fear but Grave seemed calmer then a cool breeze. "What do you say my king?" Grave looked to Kray. "Give the wolf an eye of another king.... And he shall get rid of that pesky princess." Grave told Kray. He gave his king a look as if saying... Take the offer... You will never get a better one.

Kray looked to Grave before looking back to Argen. He felt this to be too risky... How long did he have to get another eye? How long till the wolf found the princess and then return? He could not put his kingdom at risk.... What was this wolf man? How strong was he? Could he take down his whole kingdom... No... His army took down the wolf and possibly they could do it again.

Grave smiled as he turned to the prisoners. He clapped his hands together, "It is settled!" He cheered. "Guards open the cells!" Grave had made the decision for the king as it seemed, but Kray did not stop him... Not until the guard went to unlock Argen's cell.

"I don't think so..." Kray stated.

Grave blinked as he looked to his king.

"Hadden...." Kray looked to his general. "Bring me a child...." Kray's fear of Argen started to slowly slip away. Hadden had an idea of what Kray was doing and nodded before leaving quickly.

Kray looked to his guards, "Take the black mage...." He motioned to Coda and Okami's cell. The guards went to the cell and unlocked it quickly. Okami took a fighting stance knowing that he would be over powered eventually. The chains on his wrists rattled as the first guard stepped into the cell. Okami took action quickly aiming to kill with his bare hands. Coda rushed to the back corner of the cell as more guards rushed in.

Nora and Seng were quick to their feet and at the side of their cell. Nora reached out and took hold of a guard pulling him to the bars. With the slightest movement of her hand she snapped the mans neck. Seng was able to grab another man's arm where he pulled him to the bars and broke his elbow. The man screamed out only to be silenced by Nora snapping another neck.

By this time the guards kept away from Seng and Nora's cell along with all the other cells.

Okami was able to fight off a few, but too many were coming into the cell at once, soon over powering him. The guards pushed him into another corner while more men came in taking hold of Coda. "Don't touch him!" Okami called out.

"No!" Coda tried to pull away from the guards as they dragged him out of the cell. One guard grabbed him by his horn and pulled letting out a blood curdling scream from Coda. "Coda!" Nora stood on her tippy toes to try and see over the guards.

Coda was held by two guards and was brought towards Kray. Kray smiled as he looked at Coda. "I heard a rumor... About you..." Kray locked eyes with Coda. "I heard you can raise the dead?" He questioned.

Even if Coda was out of the cell the guards continued to fight Okami, although ten against one that is chained isn't a fair fight.

Hadden had soon returned with a young boy around the age of ten or so. He motioned the child towards Kray.

Kray turned his attention back to the others in the cells. He motioned to Tanya, "Let me know now if you wish to stay here with these traitors." He told her. A few guards were on stand by for Tanya's answer. She was still a loyal servant to her king and if she wished to not be associated with them and their crimes... She would have to speak now. (If she answers yes, the guards would let her out and only her.)

Kray turned back to Argen. "You want an eye...?" He asked as he motioned the child to come towards him. The young boy did so very slowly. The boy was frighten beyond belief. His eyes turned to Argen as Kray turned the child to face Argen in the cell.

Grave motioned the guards to keep moving and to bring Coda along with them. Coda tried to get out of the guards hold but he was not strong enough. "Okami!" Coda called out just as the guards took him beyond the doors to the cells. Grave looked over his shoulder back at the others before leaving as well.

By this time the guards had stepped out of Okami's cell leaving the man on the ground bloodied and beaten.

"Listen to me wolf...." Kray stated strongly. "If you value your friends or even an innocent life.... you will be silent..." Kray was not going to mess around any more. The wolf was too wild and needed to be tamed. "If you don't listen to me... this child and many other children will die because of you." Kray pulled a knife from his belt and placed the blade by the child's throat. The young boy's heart began to race as he started to realize some of what was going on. His eyes looked up from the blade over to Argen in the shadows. "Plus I now have the black mage.... I will make sure the innocent suffer for your behavior." He told him.

The scene before Elise changed once again so quickly, everything had seemed so easy until Argen's outburst. The elf's eyes shot wide as the knife was pressed to the poor boys throat, and before she realized it the elf had flung herself to the bars to cry out "No! Wait!". She knew her companion well enough to understand that this offer was not something he would accept. If left alone in this situation the innocent boy would die here. That couldn't happen, not here, no matter what happened Elise would not become the kind of person to just stand idly by as an innocent died.

"Argen... I know what you're thinking... please just stand down..." for now.. trust me. She finished her order through their mental connection. After everything the two had gone through it seemed that every order she gave only got them into more trouble, but she was determined to make it right to him soon enough. For once the two of them shared a common goal, and Elise planned to see it through.

But in order to do that they needed to get out of their cells, and past the leagues of guards from the castle to freedom, and neither of them were in any condition to fight their way out. This was a plan that would take a little more time, a little more tact, Elise would need her supplies if she would ever be of use, and Argen needed a bit more.. strategic positioning.

She wouldn't let him down again, not this time, she was sure of it. He would get his eye, even if it would kill her in the process.

Tanya stood by and watched everything unfold. She had no connection to these people other than a brief encounter in the woods and three days in a cell. She wasn't going to throw away her life for them. She had a child who needed her. Especially now that her mother was away. She shook her head as they took one of the group who's name she didn't quite know and seriously roughed them up. Things had gone from Zero to a Hundred real fast. All because of that Damnable wolfs temper. She had no say in whether or not the boy got killed but she knew the King would pressure as much as possible before going through with it.

Looking over at the commotion near some of the other cells and seeing guards drop she let out a low growl looking ready to burst from her cell to help the guards out. She didn't want any blood shed and now there was several dead. It was no wonder they had been beaten to a pulp and thrown back into his cell. She seethed with anger, these people were such.. Idiots! She refused to be stuck here with them any longer. Things could have gone so smoothly if everyone here played their cards cool instead of begging for blood.

She finally spoke up once she had been Addressed. " I don't know any of these people or those Murderers over there... I would request leave to follow my mother and take down the princess that put me in this damnable situation." She said trying to control her anger. Abandoning any possible association she had, not that there really ever was much of one. Just looking at her with the group it was easy to tell she didn't belong there. Like a Square peg in a round hole. She stepped forward and out of her cell into the throng of people crowding the hall.

Last edited:
For a moment, the wolf looked rather confused at the king when he gave his very strange order. He merely watched through a narrowed eye and was even more confused when a child was indeed brought through the prison. Confusion changed to incredulity when king put a blade to the child's throat and then threatened the lycan. Argen blinked...

Then he scoffed

Snickered

And eventually busted out into open laughter at the king's utterly idiotic threat. "You really are the crown king of idiots aren't you?" He asked through a bloodied tears from laughing so hard. The lycan wiped away the tears and gestured with a hand, telling the king to go on with a hungry smile. "Make sure you toss him in here afterwards. No sense in letting a good meal go to waste." It wasn't a bluff either. One could tell the one-eyed man couldn't care less about the child's fate or the fate of anyone in this kingdom really. "Your idiocy, when I said devour half your kingdom....did you think I was excluding the women and children?"

Argen would have continued but Elisr suddenly spoke up and told him to back down. A golden eye stared at the wall between them but he eventually growled and sat down back at his original position. Hearing the fae plead, Argen decided to repay the favor he had to her for aiding him, "The spirit child over there isn't lying. She was not traveling with us and only came when she saw the elf working over the wounds I had received prior to your armies arriving. Stupid child was at the wrong place at the wrong time."

Hadden watched as Tanya came out from the cells. He motioned for her to leave the dungeon out the same door that Grave had left. Hedden's eyes and focus went back to the wolf and Kray. He felt more weight on his shoulders when Argen laughed at them. This was truly a beast from the after life. He had no care for any living creature. It did not care for an innocent life... Hadden wondered why it fought at all.

That's when Elsie spoke up and out to the wolf...... They had it.. The wolf listened to the elven girl.

Kray looked to Elise and then to Hadden, "Get the elf girl as well." He told him.

Hadden nodded and walked over to Elise's cell. "You can either come quietly... Or my men can drag you out of your cell like your last friend." Hadden told her.

(yes, short, but it keeps things moving..... )

Elise blinked as the attention of the king turned to her, at last! This was a chance to get out of their cells, and a little closer to freedom.. and revenge. The thought of vengeance sent a shiver down the normally timid elfs spine, but these people.. they deserved it, what kind of king would be prepared to throw away an innocent life so easily? It was disgusting. She gave Hadden a simple nod "I offer no resistance", much as she hadn't in the entire time she had been down here.

While Elise didn't necessarily have a plan, she had a few ideas, the first order of business was to make sure that everyone was set free.. and to do that she'd need some time and equipment. Kray had thought she was of no importance, ha, she'd be the one to prove him wrong, as soon as she could get her hands on the proper reagents.

The best chance they had from Elise's perspective would be to play friendly with the king and his men, entertain the idea that they wanted to work for Kray, that would give them the time they needed to work out a proper plan to free their friends. At least, it was an idea to go from.

Tanya let out a light sigh as she was let go. She half expected it to be a trap, but thankfully it was not. So she made her way to the stairs and turned partially to look back at Elise and Argen in particular. " My king. The wolf by some twist of fate Owes me a life debt. Should it be within your good judgement I'd like the opportunity to cash in that rare oppertunity for the good of the kingdom. I'll not hold my breath but I felt the breath of this warranted your attention." That was all she said. She was simply stating a truth, not trying to convince the king of anything. But putting it in his head that the Wolf could be used in that way may help their chances.

That was all she would say before Exiting the dungeon with a dignified bow not even bothering to hear the reply he may have for her. She tried to do Argen a solid once more and Elise in turn because they were linked. However she clearly didn't seem to genuinely care. It was true that such a thing could be of use to the kingdom and she was going to let the king have that call. No matter what he decided he would hear no protest from Tanya on the matter.

Once outside she would first head straight to the Quartermaster and receive all of her stuff back once more hopefully including her swords and light armor. From there she would make her way home. The walk through the beautiful city streets was made even more glorious by her newfound freedom from the dark cold cells. The warm southern air felt great on her skin. She reveled in it even, the sounds of the city the lights, all of it. This was her home and while she may have been brought back by some strange circumstance, it had worked out in the end.

Though there was still work yet to be done she decided to use this chance to relax a bit before preparing to join the hunt in person. Partially to wait to see if anybody was to accompany her and partially just so she could spend time with her family. That was her thought anyway, she hoped that it would work out that way.

Reaching the grand doors of her home she pressed forward. Opening only one side only to be greeted by a gasp and a little purple and silver blur that launched itself at her. That blur had been her Lavender skinned and silver haired daughter launching into a near tackle hug. "Mother! I was so worried when Gramma was sent away and we were told you were imprisoned! What happened?! Why were you locked away?!" The girl was a little chatter box and refused to unlatch from Tanya who simply took it in stride and slipped her arms under the girl who was much too old to be carried like this at Ten years of age.

She did her best to answer the rapid fire questions one at a time. Careful of what information was divulged. She made no mention of the princess or the Huntress or even that graves was involved. Only really mentioning that she got mixed up with a band of not so great people and a giant Wolf that could turn into a man. Or was it the other way around? She knew not but the story had entranced the girl. Even as she was sat on a couch near the fireplace and finally released Tanya from her grip.

She motioned for a servant to come and bring them tea, politely of course as ever but still. Tea was called for she figured, especially since she would need to talk to her father who was no doubt on his way in right now. Oh she did not look forward to that conversation. Which judging by the hurried footsteps of the servants was going to come sooner, rather than later. There was little time to prepare as the door to the sitting room was flung open and a tall human man, black of hair and green of Eye strode in wearing only the finest of garb.

"Father! I'm so happy to see you! Before you speak.. I plan to set off after mother with all due haste. Please forgive this unfortunate situation.." She said quickly and hastily trying to cover her own ass before he got a chance to speak. Once he did speak however it was not anger that she heard. Rather it was relief, something she did not expect. " Ah.. My daughter, that you are unharmed brings me joy. Little Ayani here kept asking after you and trying to get me to break you out. " he said with a gentle chuckle as he strode over and pulled her into a hug. That Tanya's daughter Ayani was not left out of.

Soon the hug broke and he motioned them both to follow him to his study for a word without servant ears picking up private family matters where they should be not concerned. The study was a well vented place, with a vaulted ceiling and many large open windows letting in the southern breeze. " My daughter. I would have you stay a few days at least before chasing after your mother. The minx proves elusive and I would feel more comfortable were you to gather some comrades for the hunt." He said with a nod that wansall he really had to say it seemed.

Tanya nodded to his words and gently rested a hand atop Ayani's silvered locks before looking to her father once more. " Great minds think alike father. I had planned just as much! Plus and opportunity to stay with my Daughter I can never pass up." Further conversation ensued about her plans while in town. Primarily about her plans to gather more provisions and where to look for more Allies. She somewhat hoped the king would call on her in the coming days with word. However for now she spent her time enjoying family and preparing.

Last edited:
---
Lithariel
---​
The edge of Lith's mouth twitched into a rare and subtle smirk while she listened to Argen's unbridled rage tear at the king's demands with each aggressive retaliation. Pure savagery [oooohhhhh *airhorns* lol not what I meant...] seeped from every gruesome promise. Lithariel could practically see the fear sweep through the ranks of guards like wildfire, the discomfort it brought them to stand before such a powerful creature of the dark. A creature they had thought up until recently to only be a legend to keep children from wandering into the deep wood. Things her order kept at bay so well that their feeble offspring grew up oblivious to the horrors waiting outside their sheep-pen of a kingdom.

It was one dark sense of satisfaction to witness someone so twisted with ruthlessness as she had become. Two monsters among men. One could almost say it was comforting to know that you would not stand alone in hell. Something the huntress could only explain as a curious sense of kinsmanship she couldn't even begin to understand. However, any small glimmer of joy she felt from Argen's actions froze in her chest upon hearing the news of his eye. She went from that feeling of familiarity to... an uncomfortable sinking. Soon it was followed by an infuriating anguish like a creature's will to strike back after being freshly wounded.

Something had been lost with that eye.

Lithariel could see it in her memories. Hours of heated combat, both sides fighting like demons and neither giving even a single inch of bloody ground. The way two golden flames had danced off of steel blades in a fierce glow. These memories were most precious to her, no matter how much she tried to deny it... but it only seemed to show just how much when she came to the conclusion that those times would not return. Ever. Not while she had the advantage of two eyes. How was she supposed to end him with the honor of a fair fight? It was not in her nature to ignore such a blaring weakness in her prey. No matter how she could try, Lithariel knew in her heart that she would instinctively take advantage of his blind-spot. This was not supposed to happen.

These people had done this. Argen may be sated by one eye, but Lithariel did not feel that was enough. The world could drown in the blood of the fallen and she still would find no rest for this hatred.

Lithariel turned her head sideways towards the wall that blocked her sight of the lycan. She felt the sudden desire to see the ruins of his eye, to check that it wasn't just some cruel lie even though she knew that Argen would not do such a thing. The huntress let her pale hair fall over her eyes as she glared down at her fists, the chains around them trembling in her contained ire.

---
Eira
---
With everything going on and so quickly, Eira could hardly think straight. So much so that she failed to notice a new light that was in the cell beside Argen, thrashing like a storm in a bottle. If she had, she would doubtlessly note that the 'colors' were all wrong.

In those fleeting minutes Eira had died twice, her neck erupting in agony before she could feel it no more. During one of the two, her elbow had broken beforehand but luckily her scream of pain could easily be confused with one of fright. When Okami was beaten, Eira bit her lip enough to draw blood in an effort to keep herself from crying.

Eira gasped when the innocent child was presented to Argen as a means of punishment. It was shocking enough, until the lycan assured the men that he couldn't care less and would... eat the child. Eira felt sick. She had been horrified by Argen's previous threats, but this was beyond evil. The malice rolled off of him in thick ripples that pierced the clouds of fear it had caused from the guards.To kill so many innocents, woman and children, over a wound they had nothing to do with. Both the prisoner and his keeper had no value for the young soul that had been dragged into it.

"By the gods!" she cried out with a trembling voice. "Have mercy!"

Tears formed in the corners of Eira's cloudy eyes as she stood in the cell hugging herself with tight arms. Tanya had already stepped outside, leaving she and Zola as the sole occupants. This was the world the priests had told her about. They had thought her a fool to venture out into the jaws of the dark, her bright hope blinding her to the shadows that moved in the night.

When Elise interupted the slaughter, Eira was overcome with relief. "Bless you, Elise" she whispered. Oh, how little she knew of what was to come.

---
Lithariel
---​

Lithariel knew that the death of the boy would prove little in moving Argen. No one could make that lycan do anything that went against his heart... or so she thought. All it took was one sentence from her elvish cellmate to get the beast to retreat like some trained mutt. Having nowhere to go, all the anger Lithariel felt for the current situation pooled back to the elf and the mysterious control she had over the lycan.

Despite her fury, Lithariel realized it was not Argen whom they had been trying to manipulate in the first place. Clever. It was about time they showed some low-cunning.

Lithariel's harrowing gaze followed the she elf for the entire time she made her exit from the cell. Even as the cell's gate shut once more, she continued to give a deathly stare from within her confines. There was no way in hell an angered Argen would let someone like this push him around. Something was amiss, and she was going to find out one way or another.

(Lith was proud of her pupper. Eira now has a fear of lycans. WHAT A DAY!)

You could tell Kray loved the fact that he had found Argen's 'weakness'. Even if it wasn't from the wolf himself, but having the girl that seemed to control him was good enough for this moment. He shoved the young boy back towards Hadden. He looked to his blade before placing it away. He turned on his heels feeling like much had been accomplished. He motioned for Elise and the rest of his guards to follow him out. Leaving the others to wallow in what had just taken place.

Nora growled through her teeth as the king and his men left. "Keep walkin bitches!" Nora called out. Not even the king turned back to respond to her words. Once they were gone she snapped her attention back to Okami in the other cell.

"Okami?" Seng asked as his eyes never really left the other.

Okami slowly started to move. His hand placed gently to his head as he tried to get to his feet, only to just sit up and against the wall instead. For him the world was spinning and blurry. "Where did they take him?" He asked. Nora frowned, "We're not sure." She said quietly. Okami grumbled to her words, "We have to get out of here." He mumbled back.

Nora turned away and looked back towards Argen's cell. "Zefferain!" She called to him as she walked to the other side of her cell. "i know you have already paid a dept...." She hated asking for help... But for them this was Coda they were talking about. "But if you help us get out of here...." Nora questioned the wolf at this point. She had seen how he responded to the elf girls orders. She wondered if he could break those orders? "You name it and it is yours..." She told him. Hopefully they could get out of this mess, get Coda and try to go back into hiding.

Kray turned to Hadden as Hadden released the boy to another guard who took him away. "Send word for Tanya..." He told him. "I don't want her joining the hunt.... I have work for her here." He told him. Hadden turned and nodded to another soldier who had run off to go find Tanya. He then looked back to his king. Kray shifted his eyes to Elise, "So you control the beast?" He asked her as he motioned for both Elise and Hadden to follow him.

Kray walked along the halls of his castle heading towards two great doors that were well decorated. The walk was a bit long as the doors were clear across the castle on the other side. The two men on either side of the doors opened them for the king and the two others. Behind the doors was a large set of stairs leading downward. "I'm hoping that you could also show me how it works..." He placed his hands neatly behind his back. "I'm sure you know there is a great war coming.... Kingdom against kingdom.... Brother against brother..." Kray and all the other rulers knew there was one coming. Each kingdom was trying to gain power to hopefully be the last kingdom standing. If he had Argen on his side... Along with the black mage... He could possibly win this war without even trying.

As they continued down the steps they soon came to another set of doors. They were smaller and much older. Only a single guard stood there and was quick to open the door when the king had arrived. The king walked through the door and into a dark but well light room. The room was lined with bookshelves covered in old books, papers and scrolls. Tables littered throughout the room leaving the center of the room empty.

On the floor in the center it looked like things had been drawn. Circles that had been erased and then more drawn over them. Grave stood at the back of the room with his back towards them. His eyes watching a few guards strapping Coda down to a table. His mind and eyes focused on Coda, not noticing that he had guests.

Kray walked over and stood next to Grave, startling the black mage a bit. "Your Highness?" He asked bowing to the man. Kray looked over the guards tightening the straps over Coda. "Make sure he can not get out of them." Kray mentioned. The guards nodded and started to redo the straps even tighter. Coda tried to pull at them hoping to get some kind of freedom from them.

Kray turned to Elise, "What can you tell us about the Black mage?" he asked curious as to what the girl might already know.

A guard had raced out of the castle and straight to Tanya's house. Leaping off his horse once there he rushed to the door. He pounded on the door not caring if he was rude... An order from the king was an order and he was to see it through. "Lady Tanya!" He called out before knocking away again. "Lady Tanya! The king calls upon your presents!" He called out and continued to knock.

Elise nodded at the question, giving Argen the quickest side glance before continuing trust me! she said to him through their shared mental link. "Oh yes! My people are very well acquainted with nature, he's bound to me by an old ritual known to my kind as... Caryave...(Or, 'apples' in her native tongue)" The elfs heart pounded in her chest as she lied straight through her teeth. "If you'd like" she continued after his second line of questioning "I can teach you to control him yourself, I know just how terrible war can be..." she didn't, in fact it had been hundreds of years since her little spot of the woods had met even an outsider, but it felt like a nice touch to throw that bit in. She would let him consider this offer, hopefully not coming off as too agreeable, a plan already coming together in her mind. If the king wanted to learn how to control argen.. fine.. she would 'teach' him, and then when he believed her was completely safe from Argens ire.. they would strike!

Carefully the elf followed Kray through the castle, more stone walls.. lovely.. it was such an incredible change from her usual conditions. What she wouldn't do to get out in the open again.. As she pondered this annoyance she hardly noticed the shift in atmosphere until they were in the small room filled with books and scrolls. She blinked and took a brief look around to collect her bearings. Her eyes immediately fell upon coda, growing wide as she took in his predicament, what were they doing to him? She simply shook her head at the question "I'm afraid I don't know much.." she said, more lies to the pile, she had no idea how much they already knew about him and adding any more association to the group would be a terrible idea. She wanted to distance him from the group as much as possible, though that would be difficult, they had already told him that the princess had some need of the boy, that made him of too much interest to let go, still it was worth a shot.

Kray thought of her words and liked the sound of controlling Argen's powers. But he was still questionable over the matter. When the girl mentioned the contract he held back his true reaction. He was a king, born of royal blood.... He was taught many languages.... Especially those that dwelled in Netherfar. Netherfar was known to be one of the most powerful and darkest kingdoms of all. That and Roland were bound by blood shed. Netherfar was also known to be the enemy of all kingdoms. So when she spoke in her native tongue Kray was quick to pick up on the meaning to her words.

So he played the fool and only showed that he would think about her offer.

When she gave him her answer about Coda, he began to question the girl. He looked back to Grave, "Grave... What of it?" He asked waving a hand over towards Coda. Grave placed one arm across his chest while his other hand rested on his chin. "Quite fascinating really." Grave turned to a table close by and opened an old black box. He removed two black horns and held them up to his king. "From what I can tell is that the boy has somehow..... placed the horns into his forehead." Grave placed the horns to his head showing the king a simple imitation of Coda's horns. He handed the horns to Hadden who took the black horns with a slight grumble and curious look.

Graves then motioned Kray to follow him over to the table where Coda was. The guards stepped aside as Grave brushed Coda's hair back. He turned his head and pointed to the bottom of Coda's horns. "It's like he somehow grew them.... but....." Graves was curious and confused at the same time. "I honestly think that if we can somehow do exactly what he did..." He turned around and took the one of the horns from Hadden. He brought it over to Kray. "We could do exactly what he does." Grave sounded fascinated and excited over the matter. "Black mages all alike have been using these horns for centuries." Grave looked back to Coda, "I believe he has figured them out."

Kray smiled a little to Grave. "We already can enhance the dark arts just by channeling our magic through the horns... Imagine what we could do if we could use their full power?" Grave nodded to the king.

Kray smiled fully to Grave. "I have faith in your work my old friend." Kray nodded. He looked back to coda who had his eyes on Elise. Kray looked to Elsie and motioned her to come over to the table. "My dear girl." He smiled to her.

Elise was.. clearly uncomfortable at this point, more so than usual. She made her way over towards the table slowly and deliberately, as if she expected to step on some sort of trap at any moment. "I know nothing of the horns, the arroways have never been practitioners of magic, we are alchemists, this isn't necessarily my profession" she said in order to make it clear that she wasn't exactly useful in this situation. She was afraid of what he would ask of her, knowing full well he was in a position to harm the boy if he didn't trust her words.

The elf wanted to free him right then, give Argen his chance to maul the king and be done with it, but the black mage made her tentative. Black magic had not done well for her companion in the past, and she certainly wasn't about to get him hurt once again. Stick to the plan.. she reminded herself, knowing that she could free everyone else if she just played the situation carefully.

Grave quickly turned to Elise when she said she was an alchemist. He rose a brow at her with a slight smile to his face. "An Alchemist?" He questioned with excitement." He looked to Kray still holding the smile. Kray nodded, "An alchemist from Netherfar." He told Grave.

Grave's jaw dropped as he looked back and forth between Kray and Elise. He pointed to her in shock. "A Netherfar Alchemist? In my workshop?" He looked to Elise and quickly took her hand into his. "Netherfar is well known for it's mixture of Dark Magic and Alchemy." He stated. He placed a hand to his forehead and brushed back his hair a bit revealing a scar close to one of his temples and eyes. "One of my erratic attempts to create the Philosopher stone." He told her with excitement. He let go of her hand and looked back to Coda. "What a day?" He questioned himself under his breath.

Kray smirked at this. "Then it is settled... I'm sure the girl can be of good use to you and your studies. Sharing the knowledge of Netherfar combined with your magic..." Kray looked around the room and then to Hadden. "I expect great things." He stated. He turned to Hadden as he went to leave. He whispered something to the general before heading for the door. Hadden nodded as he stayed back in the room with Elise and Grave.

Grave turned around on his toes and moved over to the table placing the black horns back into the box. "Well if you didn't know much about them before...." Grave looked over his shoulder to Elsie, "We should be able to fully understand them now." He added as he moved a book and found a leather wrap. He unrolled it to reveal strange tools. Needles, small very sharp knives and other little tools.

Tanya had thankfully finished eating and was sitting by the fire with Ayani telling grand tales of her adventures with careful embellishments to avoid scarring the poor girl with too much detail. She had already also managed to bathe and somewhat fix her natural tangle of blood red hair. By proxy meaning she had on clean clothes as well, little more than breeches down to her calves and a loose white cotton tunic that was open to just a few inches under her collarbone. She had just reached a particularly critical part of her story complete with hand gestures to embellish and demonstrate the grand scale of what she was describing.

There was a sudden knock at the door and a guard shouting her title and her name. It sounded like just one guard which was a relief. Wait, the king was requesting her presence already? Well it was a request and not guards marching in to take her so while this was inconvenient it was better than the alternative. She let out a sigh and kissed Ayani on the forehead. " I need to go and see the king. I'll be home soon to finish the story yes?" She said to a very disappointed ten year old girl. " Awe but it was getting to the good part! Fine.. Just hurry home okay?"

With that she stood and patted the girls mane of silver hair before moving to answer the door and allow the guard to come into the main foyer of the large estate. " Ah! His Majesty has need of me already? Very well, allow me time to make myself presentable in his presence." She swept her hand Ina. Welcoming gesture and gave a smile. " Please, come in while you wait. I shouldn't be but a few moments." She said before offering him a quick nod of farewell and heading to her chambers to change quickly. Just because he'd seen her in a horrid state before did not mean she needed to be seen by him like that ever again.

Stepping out of her room she let out a light sigh. She hadn't put on her leathers however she was wearing a elegantly deep black outfit with a golden trim. Rather than a long skirt she wore dress pants and carried a rapier at her side. A standard weapon for those in the city. She had no need to be heavily armed but it completed the regal look. She looked almost a completely different person. She made her way back down stairs and gave a Nod to the guard who had come to collect her. Following him out she would take the time to enjoy traversing her home city once more before arriving at her destination.

Once brought before the king she would of course disarm herself of her Rapier and kneel in the same fashion she had in the cell. However this time with much less urgency. " You requested my presence your Majesty?" She said simply, allowing him to answer. Once he turned to see her it was clear why the Fae were so highly coveted in this kingdom. While she'd never lost her looks, clean and dressed that Ethereal beauty really shone through now.

Kray had made his way back to the great hall rejoining his wife Zerra. The woman was looking over the tables filled with the traveler's belongings. Zerra seemed very much fascinated by the black steel items. But that wasn't the only things on the tables that seemed obscured. She picked up a small black leather bound book. Pages stuffed within in, making the thin leather strap struggle to keep the book closed. But it wasn't the only book on the table. Three more were laid out next to it. All seeming old... Beyond their time and possibly further.

She slowly opened the book as her husband turned to Tanya. "Arise child." He told Tanya in a humble voice. He motioned her to the table and once there he picked up one of the black steel daggers. He held it out to her. "You have traveled the world far and wide... And have always been loyal to the crown." He his tone of voice assured her that he believed she was loyal. "Have you ever seen such weaponry?" he asked as he looked back to the table.

Black steel was a large mystery to the king and anyone who set eyes on it. He had never seen such metal in his life.... And the weapons were of old design, similar to those of Netherfar before they had retreated to their kingdom burrowed into the mountains. He knew that much of them... But nothing more.

He figured that maybe Tanya had seen something similar of her travels... Or had heard something from the prisoners while she was locked away with them. Even the slightest information could turn the tables much further for Kray.

Zerra untied the leather strap to the book she was holding and let her eyes trail over the strange writing. She smirked as she found the book's old smell to be rather satisfying. "Maybe even these markings?" She spoke up as she smiled to Tanya. Zerra continued to flip through the pages of the book, taking in the detail of the pictures drawn. She came across one of large trees with housing built around the trunk of it. there was no such thing in this land of such large scaled trees. She continued and found detailed drawings of graves and of strange butterflies. She smiled at the sight of them and then to the colors. She flipped through more finding one of a light blue.

Kray knew that this was a long shot... But even if she could not help here... She could be used elsewhere......

She stood once she had been addressed and gave the king and his wife with a smile once she was back up to her full height. Relieved more than anything to be not a prisoner this time as she stepped forward to gingerly take both items and inspect them. Paying particular attention to the Dagger. " The book.. Is from Netherfar.. It seems very old and I cannot read it unfortunately.. As for this brand of steel. I've heard only rumors and stories that seem to be little more than stories fit only to scare children into behaving." She said as she stepped forward once more the place them back on the table. It wasn't much to go on but it was something. Particularly the book.

She turned back towards them and gestured to the items. " I assume these were found with the group? Half of them seem to be at odds.. When I arrived at the scene that night I did so because the Huntress, as you called her was threatening to kill the Elven alchemist if she didn't heal the wolf.. Before the threat could be carried out the huntress also attempted to kill the one they called.. Coda I believe? I'm decently sure that's the Black mages name.. Then your Soldiers showed up and you know the rest of that story."

She paused, looking thoughtful as she sought to recall any more useful information. After a Time she spoke once more. " The wolf.. The one who owes me a life debt I mentioned earlier the same one who threatened you. Some of the others kept calling him Zefferain.. Whatever that means.. I believe it to be an ancient tribe of similar peoples however I know not their location." She gained that thoughtful expression once more. " I believe that is all I know.. The Huntress gives me the creeps though.. She seems.. Unnatural.. If I recall anything else of potential use I'll report it immediately. Is there aught else you'd ask of me My King?" Coming from a spirit user that was quite a serious statement about the Huntress, as she would know better than most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back